PDA

View Full Version : H.E.B.Store in Houston,Tx.....Hispanics Only ?

Liberator TJ1984
09-22-2007, 06:06 AM
My Brother was in Houston last weekend visiting some buddies....They decided to BBQ and went to the store for goods....as they were walking across the parking lot in front of the store was a mariachi band playing for donations ,which they did not really pay any attention to. Upon entering the store EVERYTHING was in Spanish , Isle markers, labels ,foods ...everything !
as they looked for what they needed an employee in a sombrero ( he said all employee's were wearing one ) asked them (in Spanish ) what they were looking for ? my Bro. which can speak some spanish asked him WTF is going on ??? He was told the store was only focusing on catering to the the Hispanic Community ...and making things better for them :idea:

copterzach
09-22-2007, 06:33 AM
Gopher, It is Hispanic Heritage Month. The festival was a 3 day event in downtown Alice the weekend after Laborday weekend! They closed streets and had bands and a bean cookoff! I think more effort and tax money goes into that festival than any other events in this SH#@T hole town. At least there were a bunch of fights and I think a stabbing or two. Gods way of thinning out the heard!

b's sanger
09-22-2007, 08:11 AM
Just put the U.S. Immigration Office next door and the universe will be balanced. :D

jdogginla
09-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Ummm...hate to break the news to you, but most large cities have stores that cater to certain ethnic backgrounds. Go to east LA and you will find the same kind of thing. In fact it may shock you, but I drive the extra 15 miles to get good carne asada. I walk in and all they carry is items that cater to the hispanic community. I'm a fish out of water in there, but they are always friendly. Get'n 5lbs of Carne Asada is always a chore but worth it.
Go to Korea town and you will find the same thing. Go to lil Armenia in Central LA and you will find the same thing.
People on this board crack me up.....Does everyone in here have the Good Ol' Boy mentality these days?

hkunz
09-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Yeaah, but theeyre frum Tecsus....

Liberator TJ1984
09-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Just think this country is going overboard with stuipid crap like this . Why does it have to say "Leche" on the milk carton for others to understand what it is ...I bet I could go to Russia and find the damn milk without it being in English...I mean if you can't look at the canned goods and tell whats in the can WTF ???are you that dumb ??? so lets cater to their stuipidity :rolleyes:

b's sanger
09-22-2007, 05:42 PM
Ummm...hate to break the news to you, but most large cities have stores that cater to certain ethnic backgrounds. Go to east LA and you will find the same kind of thing. In fact it may shock you, but I drive the extra 15 miles to get good carne asada. I walk in and all they carry is items that cater to the hispanic community. I'm a fish out of water in there, but they are always friendly. Get'n 5lbs of Carne Asada is always a chore but worth it.
Go to Korea town and you will find the same thing. Go to lil Armenia in Central LA and you will find the same thing.
People on this board crack me up.....Does everyone in here have the Good Ol' Boy mentality these days?
Good ol boy when it comes to legal or illegal. Isn't that the point!!!!

b's sanger
09-22-2007, 05:53 PM
I have so many questions, I can't even begin to type them all, but let's start here. Do you think that the average Mexican couldn't find the milk if it didn't say Leche on it? Are Mexicans stupid because they can read or speak English? Are you stupid because you can't spell stupid, given two tries?
Here is the only answer to all your questions.
Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907