PDA

View Full Version : Found this sunk boat at Folsom Lake today

bilgewiper
09-22-2007, 05:54 PM
It's about 200 yards up river from Rattlesnake bar launch ramp.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/House_Plans_2_005_Small_.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/House_Plans_2_004_Small_.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/House_Plans_2_006_Small_.jpg

bilgewiper
09-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Pic of Rattlesnake Launch ramp
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/House_Plans_2_001_Small_.jpg

DCBob
09-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Could it be :confused: :idea: :rolleyes:

acatitude
09-22-2007, 06:08 PM
lol beat me to it;)

YeLLowBoaT
09-22-2007, 06:26 PM
gd that water is so low :(

stoker2001
09-22-2007, 06:51 PM
You musta had the whole lake to yourself today,i had a hall pass to go today and just couldnt justify it with the rain and ugly skies
That boat kinda resembles a 21' Galaxy my cousin had at one time with a 800 series OMC outdrive and small chev V8 350:confused:
looks like the top half completly delaminated from the bottom before it went down??
I was out there last tuesday late in the day at Browns and made a hard pass without anyone saying anything about the 5mph limit
I am guessing you didnt take your boat today or you wouldnt of idled all the way up to launch at RS from GB

AZJD
09-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Looks like some one had a little fire damage......

JetBoatRich
09-22-2007, 07:42 PM
little cleanup and it will be good to go:eek:

bilgewiper
09-22-2007, 08:05 PM
I am guessing you didnt take your boat today or you wouldnt of idled all the way up to launch at RS from GB
Took the Jeep the lake. Only saw one Fishing boat. Did watch these guys for a while which eventually ended up as two 4x4's burried with a crowd watching.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/House_Plans_2_009_Small_.jpg

Classic Daycruiser
09-22-2007, 08:07 PM
So did you take it home:D :D :D
I'm guess a bad ending to a really nice day:mad:

John.
09-22-2007, 08:11 PM
looks kind of like the boat that caught fire in that area last year.

John.
09-22-2007, 08:16 PM
yep, most definitely the one that caught fire there last year.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/365dsc_0090a.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/365dsc_0123a.jpg

John.
09-22-2007, 08:19 PM
looks like someone got the lower unit off the drive. Kind of wonder if they went back and sunk this boat. Notice that the CF #'s are gone...the boat didn't burn down to the CF numbers.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/House_Plans_2_004_Small_.jpg

bilgewiper
09-22-2007, 08:25 PM
It does not show in the pic, but the whole lower unit is still there prop and all. Obviously someone wanted the swim platform. Awesome seeing pics of it actually on fire. I sure would have figured it had been down longer considering the corrision on the engine. Guess the fire burned any paint that would have protected it becasue the lower unit still looked preety good.

RitcheyRch
09-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Actually surprised is still there.

John.
09-22-2007, 09:05 PM
It does not show in the pic, but the whole lower unit is still there prop and all. Obviously someone wanted the swim platform. Awesome seeing pics of it actually on fire. I sure would have figured it had been down longer considering the corrision on the engine. Guess the fire burned any paint that would have protected it becasue the lower unit still looked preety good.
oh well shoot, someone should go steal that lower unit and prop then. :devil:

JetBoatRich
09-23-2007, 08:24 AM
Who takes only the swim steps:confused:

IMPATIENT 1
09-23-2007, 08:53 AM
kinda curious about something. can a person just take what they want offa a sunk boat and it be legal or is there laws against it? i've seen so many pics of sunk boats on here and have always wondered if they're abandoned, can they be scavenged for parts?:confused: :idea:

LUVNLIFE
09-23-2007, 08:56 AM
Who takes only the swim steps:confused:
Someone who needs a swimstep of course:rolleyes: :D :D

Not So Fast
09-23-2007, 09:09 AM
Is that typical of the water level fluctuations in that lake or is down that much because of you know what???:idea: NSF

YeLLowBoaT
09-23-2007, 09:27 AM
Is that typical of the water level fluctuations in that lake or is down that much because of you know what???:idea: NSF
no, its by far the lowest its been in years. We have had almost no rain this year.

Not So Fast
09-23-2007, 10:08 AM
no, its by far the lowest its been in years. We have had almost no rain this year.
WOW this crap is getting scary, we humans can not do without water:( NSF

YeLLowBoaT
09-23-2007, 10:30 AM
WOW this crap is getting scary, we humans can not do without water:( NSF
its funny... the lake is going dry, but the rivers are still full...They always let so much water out its not even funny.

Classic Daycruiser
09-23-2007, 10:50 AM
kinda curious about something. can a person just take what they want offa a sunk boat and it be legal or is there laws against it? i've seen so many pics of sunk boats on here and have always wondered if they're abandoned, can they be scavenged for parts?:confused: :idea:
I believe any salvage operations need to go through the land owners. :idea:
My guess they would love to have it removed. Anyone up to removing it from the lake. I'm just a bit to far from this lake, other wise I'm bring the generator/Saws all, and a portable engine hoist and a trailer and haul it off.
then move over to laters boat. my guess laters boat would be in better shape

JetBoatRich
09-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Ithen move over to laters boat. my guess laters boat would be in better shape
if it really exist:jawdrop:

sanger mike
09-23-2007, 01:11 PM
we had plenty of rain and snow water run off this year. :mad: all the nor cal lakes were full to the top. but the water management fokers decided to drain the crap out of them and send it all down the river to L.A. for some big $$$$ and then they will turn around and tell you there,s a drought and charge us more for our water. now do you get the big picture. :mad: think about it. we had plenty of water. the rivers are higher now than back in may.

grads2112
09-23-2007, 05:03 PM
we had plenty of rain and snow water run off this year. :mad: all the nor cal lakes were full to the top. but the water management fokers decided to drain the crap out of them and send it all down the river to L.A. for some big $$$$ and then they will turn around and tell you there,s a drought and charge us more for our water. now do you get the big picture. :mad: think about it. we had plenty of water. the rivers are higher now than back in may.
survey says..... X
you couldn't be more wrong.

eliminator1000
09-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Took the jeep to the lake today Not the boat sunday

Jordy
09-24-2007, 12:31 AM
So when you are in way over your head, like the last engine, not to mention your boat, and your "spare" drive that you found blows up, who are you going to sue then??? :jawdrop: :idea: :notam:

justfloatn
09-24-2007, 06:08 AM
So when you are in way over your head, like the last engine, not to mention your boat, and your "spare" drive that you found blows up, who are you going to sue then??? :jawdrop: :idea: :notam:
We'll look at the JACKASS on liquid courage at 1:30am on a Monday morning.
And you call John the loooooooser.:idea: AA is for quitters right Lindsay..oops I mean Jordy..:eek: :devil:

grads2112
09-24-2007, 07:05 AM
And you call John the looser.:idea: AA is for quitters right Lindsay..oops I mean Jordy..:eek: :devil:
CLASSIC!!!!

Hardly Satisfied
09-24-2007, 07:12 AM
I was thinking the same thing

Jordy
09-24-2007, 07:12 AM
And you call John the looser.:idea: AA is for quitters right Lindsay..oops I mean Jordy..:eek: :devil:
Liquid courage has nothing to do with John's Period and his lack of experience. Besides, from what I hear, he could use a drive right about now... :idea:
WTF is a "looser?" I mean other than the opposite of tighter. And I don't see where I called John's Period anything. Jackass. ;)
How is that lawsuit coming John's Period? Been awfully quiet about it lately... :notam:

justfloatn
09-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Liquid courage has nothing to do with John's Period and his lack of experience. Besides, from what I hear, he could use a drive right about now... :idea:
WTF is a "looser?" I mean other than the opposite of tighter. And I don't see where I called John's Period anything. Jackass. ;)
How is that lawsuit coming John's Period? Been awfully quiet about it lately... :notam:
I think I've read this post somewhere before:confused: I would ask why you care so much but its none of your or my business. Get a new soap box subject. Plus John made a well publicized ( on H.B.)visit to Havasu and you never showed up to shoot your mouth off face to face:idea: Why not? Does it take beer and a computer for you to man up..
I will say you must be one hell of a drinker. Drunk and talking trash at 1:30am and up for work by 8:00am. How many days a week do you practice? Your mom must be so proud.:jawdrop:
Run along now...back to the sandbar or the bar.:devil:

Jordy
09-24-2007, 08:07 AM
I think I've read this post somewhere before:confused: I would ask why you care so much but its none of your or my business. Get a new soap box subject.
Well, John's Period and his little bitch Greggie, or is it Mr. Lennon and his little bitch John's Period certainly made an effort to make it known on a public board, which certainly makes it everyone's business now it seems. I was just asking a legitimate question.
Plus John made a well publicized ( on H.B.)visit to Havasu and you never showed up to shoot your mouth off face to face:idea: Why not? Does it take beer and a computer for you to man up..
Nope. No beer and no computer required. I can mouth off any time and any place. Why would I want to waste my time and energy to go to Havasu to mouth off to someone who will likely file a lawsuit. Besides, people who actually show up somewhere to fight over something that was posted on the internet just show what jackasses they really are. :notam:
I will say you must be one hell of a drinker. Drunk and talking trash at 1:30am and up for work by 8:00am. How many days a week do you practice? Your mom must be so proud.:jawdrop:
Run along now...back to the sandbar or the bar.:devil:
For as much as you seem to think I was drinking, my posts were more coherent and better gramatically than yours. Doesn't say much for you now does it??? As far as my mom, no, she's really not proud of me. Thinks I'm wasting my life because I didn't go to law school.
John's Period is a big boy, I'm sure if my post was that big of a deal he could respond. Are you one of his little bitches, like Greggie, now too??? Take your easter egg looking boat and run along. It will be your season again soon. :notam:

justfloatn
09-24-2007, 08:26 AM
For as much as you seem to think I was drinking, my posts were more coherent and better gramatically than yours. Doesn't say much for you now does it???
Take your easter egg looking boat and run along. It will be your season again soon. :notam:
Getting under your skin is too easy...:D :D
Oh gosh now I better check my grammar and spelling every time I post or Jordy will think I'm dumb. Oh and I better go buy a newer and cooler boat too.
Gee, then I'll be cool like Jordy.
Who the fock cares about grammar on H.B. :confused:
Law school:confused: :D :D :D that's funny

Jordy
09-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Getting under your skin is too easy...:D :D
You really think you're under my skin??? It's the internet. I could really care less about what happens here. You've gotta try much harder John's Period's bitch. :notam:
Who the fock cares about grammar on H.B. :confused:
Only people who would like to look and sound somewhat intelligent. You apparently have nothing to worry about. I'm still laughing at the fact that you're convinced that I was partying, yet my posts make more sense than yours. :idea: :D

acatitude
09-24-2007, 08:40 AM
Oh and I better go buy a newer and cooler boat too. .
well if you want to be really Kool the Howard is for sale:D :D

justfloatn
09-24-2007, 08:56 AM
well if you want to be really Kool the Howard is for sale:D :D
I'm definitely not Kool enough to fill your shoes :D
Plus I heard everyone is getting pontoon boats for next season and I want to fit in:D

acatitude
09-24-2007, 09:01 AM
I'm definitely not Kool enough to fill your shoes :D
Plus I heard everyone is getting pontoon boats for next season and I want to fit in:D
well your probably right about the first sentence, :D :D :rolleyes:

AZJD
09-24-2007, 09:05 AM
I was drunk last night! (and I can't spell):D :D :D

Dribble
09-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Maybe Jordy should start his own website about John Period and the lawsuit. That way when John Period posts something on this website, we can read it without having to wade through the whole "you're a lowlife because your suing my beloved Ultra" diatribe. Because quite frankly, it's getting a little old.

grads2112
09-24-2007, 11:43 AM
I think I've read this post somewhere before:confused: I would ask why you care so much but its none of your or my business. Get a new soap box subject. Plus John made a well publicized ( on H.B.)visit to Havasu and you never showed up to shoot your mouth off face to face:idea: Why not? Does it take beer and a computer for you to man up..:
That's because D. Jordie or is it Mr. Paulk thinks he is a tough guy behind the computer screen.

Jordy
09-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Maybe Jordy should start his own website about John Period and the lawsuit. That way when John Period posts something on this website, we can read it without having to wade through the whole "you're a lowlife because your suing my beloved Ultra" diatribe. Because quite frankly, it's getting a little old.
I made one comment and all his little nutswingers took it from there. I'm not affiliated with Ultra, don't own one, haven't owned one, have no plans of owning one, so I'm not sure where "my beloved Ultra" comes in. Nobody would even know about the lawsuit if it wasn't for John's Period and his little lapdog Greggie posting up little remarks here and there about it. They made it public and then cried foul when called to the rug about it. I could really care less either way as it doesn't affect me. :notam:
That's because D. Jordie or is it Mr. Paulk thinks he is a tough guy behind the computer screen.
No, I actually don't. Being a tough guy or not doesn't actually prove anything on the internet. I'd expect THE KING of the dipshits to know that. :jawdrop:

AZJD
09-24-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm an internet tough guy!:D :D :D
I want to beat all of you up...........:eek:

grads2112
09-24-2007, 03:15 PM
It's the internet. I could really care less about what happens here. :
Now that is some funny shit right there. I think D.Jordie's nose grew about a foot when he typed that one.

Dribble
09-24-2007, 04:22 PM
I made one comment and all his little nutswingers took it from there. I'm not affiliated with Ultra, don't own one, haven't owned one, have no plans of owning one, so I'm not sure where "my beloved Ultra" comes in.
Well you do seem to be having a difficult time with it.

acatitude
09-24-2007, 04:42 PM
will it fit your boat John:eek:

John.
09-24-2007, 05:48 PM
will it fit your boat John:eek:
Hmmm, don't think so. I don't see a transmission in the motor pic. If its still there next weekend, I'll drive over and check it out.

acatitude
09-24-2007, 07:00 PM
aw hell just get rid of the tranny...... one less thing to break ;).. hey if the prop is a 30 get it I need one lol