PDA

View Full Version : Dual feed Holleys

fleetimus
09-23-2007, 07:15 AM
I have an Aeromotive two port regulator. Do I need to go to a four port regulator? I was thinking of using "Y" blocks off of the two port regulator.
850 Holleys.

LeE ss13
09-23-2007, 07:57 AM
One way is too eliminate the regulators and run full flow to the carb(s) and run a return to the fuel tank with a injector type regulator set at 8 lbs. Of course with multiple tanks that could be a problem. Just a thought.

steelcomp
09-23-2007, 10:00 AM
If you're going to run your fuel lines right out of the regulator, it's a lot easier to go with a four port. If you want to run the regulator you have, you're going to have to split the lines somewhere to feed all four bowls, and that's a plumbing PITA. Lee's suggestion requires some kind of fuel log or manifold, and that's another way to go. It requires a return line back to the tank, and like he said, if you have dual tanks, that's a problem, as well.
Look at as many different fuel systems as you can to get a beter idea of what's best for your application. I went to a lot of races and took lots of pictures while I was building my boat.

fleetimus
09-23-2007, 10:15 AM
http://www.jegs.com/images/photos/555-15184.jpg
This is what I am considering. It will give options for running the lines. My concern is supplying enough fuel.