PDA

View Full Version : New Rhino is home

sigepmock
12-22-2005, 08:09 AM
Here are a few pics of the our new Rhino. Picked it up last weekend.
I got one of the four point belts installed last night before I called back inside for diaper duty :cry:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5495Rhino1-med.jpg
Also scored a set of slightly used ITP Wheels and tires from one of Evo's customers who's upgrading.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5495New_Wheels-med.jpg
And of course we all know who is really going to be driving this thing most of the time....my lovely wife.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5495Carrie_Rhino-med.jpg

riverbound
12-22-2005, 08:12 AM
You are gonna love it......I finshed putting the back seat in and all the harnesses the other night. Its ready for Pismo now :D

hot_diggity_dog
12-22-2005, 08:13 AM
Congrats on the new ride. :)
HDD :)

sigepmock
12-22-2005, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the nudge on the wheels HDD. I'd be kicking myself if I hadn't got them. They look brand new. I'll see about adding the beadlocks after New Years. Also where is SoCal fab located(where is Canyon Country?) and do they build rear cages for "Wanna be ballers" like me? I'm interested in getting a cage built similar to this:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5495yellow2-med.gif
Who's the contact person? Thad? and who's name do I need to throw around? :D
Bill have fun and be safe in Pismo. Let me know how it runs. Got any pics of the rear seat in?
Thanks,
Chris

riverbound
12-22-2005, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the nudge on the wheels HDD. I'd be kicking myself if I hadn't got them. They look brand new. I'll see about adding the beadlocks after New Years. Also where is SoCal fab located(where is Canyon Country?) and do they build rear cages for "Wanna be ballers" like me? I'm interested in getting a cage built similar to this:
Bill have fun and be safe in Pismo. Let me know how it runs. Got any pics of the rear seat in?
Thanks,
Chris
No pics yet... I will take some tonight and post them tomorrow.
Canyon Country is up by magic mountain. good move on the Wheels tires, I think after Pismo Im definitely going to want to do the wheels and tires.

hot_diggity_dog
12-22-2005, 09:17 AM
Thanks,
Chris
So Cal will do a removable custom cage starting at about $1,000.00
Depends on what you want.
EVO at Longtravelrhino can do the same.

Cole Trickle
12-22-2005, 09:22 AM
Congrats
It should look sweet with the new wheels and tires!!

Magic34
12-22-2005, 09:30 AM
After new years, when are you guys heading to Glamis again. I think I am heading there the second weekend of Jan (2 weeks after new years).

riverbound
12-22-2005, 09:33 AM
So Cal will do a removable custom cage starting at about $1,000.00
Depends on what you want.
EVO at Longtravelrhino can do the same.
Can Evo build me a cooler rack to mount to my existing Cage??

FREIND OF AA AND TA
12-22-2005, 09:34 AM
Can Evo build me a cooler rack to mount to my existing Cage??
Yep!!

riverbound
12-22-2005, 09:35 AM
Yep!!
Evo....where are you??? I need a cooler rack for my Rhino.

sigepmock
12-22-2005, 10:47 AM
After new years, when are you guys heading to Glamis again. I think I am heading there the second weekend of Jan (2 weeks after new years).
We're not headed back until Feb. 10 -12th, weekend before Presidents weekend. Might make a guys trip sooner than that.
I heard Evo can do all kinds of cool stuff if you can get ahold of him :yuk: :D j/k Brian. Call me when you get a chance.
Chris

riverbound
12-22-2005, 10:51 AM
We're not headed back until Feb. 10 -12th, weekend before Presidents weekend. Might make a guys trip sooner than that.
I heard Evo can do all kinds of cool stuff if you can get ahold of him :yuk: :D j/k Brian. Call me when you get a chance.
Chris
Yah.... I have heard the same thing. :D
Brian....Let me know on the cooler rack....also if you come accross any good deals on rims/ tires. I have to keep up with the Jones's/ Mock's :D

Magic34
12-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Chris
We'll be heading out that weekend as well.

sigepmock
12-22-2005, 10:57 AM
We'll be heading out that weekend as well.
Great I can tow you out with the Rhino...... :D

riverbound
12-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Great I can tow you out with the Rhino...... :D
lol.
I want to do a Glamis trip this year, but after reading about Magic 34's "incident" I would be worried about getting stuck too :( Are the places you guys camp pretty easily accesible??

sigepmock
12-22-2005, 11:05 AM
lol.
I want to do a Glamis trip this year, but after reading about Magic 34's "incident" I would be worried about getting stuck too :( Are the places you guys camp pretty easily accesible??
Lots more places to camp in Glamis without getting stuck. We'll be camping along Gecko, The main Glamis road, for that weekend in Feb. You're more than welcome to join us.
Also the washes in Glamis are pretty safe for camping too. Lots of safe places.

riverbound
12-22-2005, 11:18 AM
Lots more places to camp in Glamis without getting stuck. We'll be camping along Gecko, The main Glamis road, for that weekend in Feb. You're more than welcome to join us.
Also the washes in Glamis are pretty safe for camping too. Lots of safe places.
I might take you up on that. You bringing your little one obviously. I might have mine too. depending if its my weekend or not.

sigepmock
12-22-2005, 11:21 AM
I might take you up on that. You bringing your little one obviously. I might have mine too. depending if its my weekend or not.
That would be a great weekend to bring your little ones, we'll have a whole group of kids. Should be four to five families, lot's of little bikes, quads, big bikes, a Rhino, and a long travel buggy.

riverbound
12-22-2005, 11:22 AM
That would be a great weekend to bring your little ones, we'll have a whole group of kids. Should be four to five families, lot's of little bikes, quads, big bikes, a Rhino, and a long travel buggy.
What dates is it??

sigepmock
12-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Chris
chris

riverbound
12-22-2005, 11:44 AM
chris
Its not my weekend to have them, but I might arrange to have them for this. Plan on me going. I wrote it in my calendar.

Magic34
12-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Its not my weekend to have them, but I might arrange to have them for this. Plan on me going. I wrote it in my calendar.
Count me in too with 2-4 additional trailers coming as well.
Riverbound, I thought you ar part of that older crowd, can't believe you are going to hang with the young guys.
Call me for advice on the truck, I think I just about have it figured out, the non BS way.

riverbound
12-22-2005, 11:56 AM
Riverbound, I thought you ar part of that older crowd, can't believe you are going to hang with the young guys.
Call me for advice on the truck, I think I just about have it figured out, the non BS way.
How old do you think I am??
I have taken the truck to Ocotillo with no problems. and my uncle has had it to Glamis MANY times. I figure I can jst follow someone out there.

sigepmock
12-22-2005, 12:01 PM
Sweet!! Should be fun. We'll work the details out as we get closer but we're planning on staying on one of the big loops off Gecko, should be plenty of room.
Bill is OLD!!!! but so am I :cool:

Magic34
12-22-2005, 12:05 PM
How old do you think I am??
Just kidding. That was from a previous thread you had going. LOL
In regards to following, just keep the truck above 20 MPH in the sand and you are good to go. If it starts to get stuck or bog down, that is when you FLOOR the sh*t out of it.

riverbound
12-22-2005, 12:09 PM
Just kidding. That was from a previous thread you had going. LOL
In regards to following, just keep the truck above 20 MPH in the sand and you are good to go. If it starts to get stuck or bog down, that is when you FLOOR the sh*t out of it.
OK.....I was wondering if that was what you were tlaking about :D
So basically just keep the momentum up. ;)

Magic34
12-22-2005, 12:44 PM
OK.....I was wondering if that was what you were tlaking about :D
So basically just keep the momentum up. ;)
Also, if we do make it out there and camp together and I get stuck, I need you to do me a favor and bury yours as well. This way the wife won't kick my ass and she'll think we are just in a soft spot. Thanks for you help with this. :crossx:

riverbound
12-22-2005, 12:45 PM
Also, if we do make it out there and camp together and I get stuck, I need you to do me a favor and bury yours as well. This way the wife won't kick my ass and she'll think we are just in a soft spot. Thanks for you help with this. :crossx:
No problem. Hopefully we can araange to meet up and I can follow you guys out there.
Question: Does yours have the rear dif. lock?? and if so did it get stuck with the dif. locked??

Magic34
12-22-2005, 01:56 PM
No problem. Hopefully we can araange to meet up and I can follow you guys out there.
Question: Does yours have the rear dif. lock?? and if so did it get stuck with the dif. locked??
I don't have a switch or anything for that. I'll have to look and see, because right now I have no idea.

riverbound
12-22-2005, 02:03 PM
I don't have a switch or anything for that. I'll have to look and see, because right now I have no idea.
I wonder if that would help.... I know we have an air locker that locks the dif. and it has gotten me out of a couple situations where I needed a little bit more traction. That might be a solution to your problem. Then you would have both sets of tires spinning and not just one....probably have limited slip. but by the time it would kick in its too late.

Mrs. casean
12-22-2005, 03:07 PM
Chris
We're headed out two weeks after New Years... possible the weekend right after New Years and two weeks after that... but if you're going on a guys weekend... maybe Sean will want to join you or if ANY girls are going... I'll tag along :D :p We're ready for some riding! Sean picked up my new bike on Tuesday! It's pretty :p I"m ready for New Years!
Your Rhino looks sweet Chris! Carrie looks perfect in it! Gonna be fun next weekend!!

ROZ
12-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Yah....I have to keep up with the Jones's/ Mock's :D
Around here it's more like keeping up with the Zachrys :D

TOBTEK
12-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Around here it's more like keeping up with the Zachrys :D
HUGE misconseption right there! I bought a Rhino months ago...but I still dont have one????? thats a neet deal :cool:

riverroyal
12-27-2005, 10:31 AM
HUGE misconseption right there! I bought a Rhino months ago...but I still dont have one????? thats a neet deal :cool:
bummed than you are,I need someone to go with!

Magic34
12-27-2005, 11:32 AM
bummed than you are,I need someone to go with!
You get your Rhino stuck more than I bury my truck. Unless you got it figuered out by now. :crossx:

riverroyal
12-27-2005, 11:40 AM
You get your Rhino stuck more than I bury my truck. Unless you got it figuered out by now. :crossx:
I got it figured out now,4psi.I never get stuck now.My gang bailed on next weekend,shoot me your cell,does it work at gordons?You never know we may show up

Magic34
12-27-2005, 01:05 PM
I got it figured out now,4psi.I never get stuck now.My gang bailed on next weekend,shoot me your cell,does it work at gordons?You never know we may show up
Yes it (cell) works just fine there. Let me know, we'll save you a spot. We are heading up with 1/2 of our group on Thursday, and the rest arrives on Friday.
I'll PM the # now.

riverroyal
12-27-2005, 01:18 PM
thanks

Evo22
12-27-2005, 10:05 PM
hey guys sorry I have been super busy with a few projects we are finishing up call my cell and leave me a message and I will get back to you I swear :cool: yes I can add a a cooler rack to you cage ( we are building a removable cooler rack for the soft sided ones too) chris you need to come check out our new cage it is taller in the back but not so ugly as the one you pictured :220v:

sigepmock
12-28-2005, 08:12 AM
hey guys sorry I have been super busy with a few projects we are finishing up call my cell and leave me a message and I will get back to you I swear :cool: yes I can add a a cooler rack to you cage ( we are building a removable cooler rack for the soft sided ones too) chris you need to come check out our new cage it is taller in the back but not so ugly as the one you pictured :220v:
Sounds good. I'll call you when we get back from Glamis and set up a visit.
Chris

riverbound
01-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Thats good to hear. I might be interested in the soft side rack :idea: