PDA

View Full Version : Checked out a Hummer H3 last nite...

Throttle
09-23-2007, 08:29 AM
Trying to compare it to the 4 door jeep rubicon... I liked the Hummer better, what do you guys think? Anyone have one of these?
No, I will not be using it to launch the boat...

Tom Brown
09-23-2007, 08:32 AM
I like the H3. Miss Throttle is going to be over the moon when you give it to her. :cool:

Wet Dream
09-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Try taking the top off of the Hummer. :notam:
I always considered an H3 nothing more than a knockoff of a Grand Cherokee with a boxier look. They should have stuck with the H1 and H2, but thats my opinion.

Jordy
09-23-2007, 08:36 AM
If you're only planning on driving on flat ground and never towing anything, they're fine. Just way underpowered for my taste. Also getting in and out of the back seat is an adventure unless you're a contortionist. I'd go with the H1 Alpha with the Duramax if I was a baller like you!!! :D :D :D

SummitKarl
09-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Trying to compare it to the 4 door jeep rubicon... I liked the Hummer better, what do you guys think? Anyone have one of these?
No, I will not be using it to launch the boat...
rubicon...50+ yrs exp. in building 4x4's.
Cameron, have you seen the green one in town?. lifted, guessing 33 x 12.5's on it. looks real good

OCMerrill
09-23-2007, 08:44 AM
There is an article in this months Truck Trend about the H3 Alpha that will have the 5.3 V8 stuffed in there.
That 5 cyl is weak.
But...$40 g's or so.
http://www.gmhummer.com/timeline/2008/2008_h3_alpha_1.jpg
and the info...
http://www.gmhummer.com/timeline/2008/2008hummerh3alpha.htm

AZJD
09-23-2007, 08:46 AM
Are you buying it for your wife?:jawdrop: :D :D :D

Make it a Double
09-23-2007, 09:44 AM
Just had an H3 for a rental for 4 days. Brand new 125 miles. One of the worst new vehicles I have ever driven. No POWER and very difficult to get in and out of. If you are really serious rent one for a few days you will change your mind.:(

2Driver
09-23-2007, 09:47 AM
If you really plan to 4x4 then the 4 door rubicon. Having the roof off is always a plus for me too. THe H3 is just a Mini Chevy truck with a different body.
If you just want to get groceries and look like all the other yups then get the H3 :D J/K. You know I was really impressed with the new FJ. Huge blind spot but what a great truck. Tons of power and really good off roader - lockers too.

Throttle
09-23-2007, 09:59 AM
I like the H3. Miss Throttle is going to be over the moon when you give it to her. :cool:
LMAO

Throttle
09-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Try taking the top off of the Hummer. :notam:
I always considered an H3 nothing more than a knockoff of a Grand Cherokee with a boxier look. They should have stuck with the H1 and H2, but thats my opinion.
taking the top off is another good point, however I do not like the road noise with the jeep all that much...
funny, I have said the same thing about the H3 and the cherokee all along. The H1 is great (not the vehicle I need though), the H2 is nice but too much $$ for gas... :idea: and still have no need for that big of vehicle (if the inside of the H2 was anything of the outside in size, it would be awesome).

Throttle
09-23-2007, 10:06 AM
If you're only planning on driving on flat ground and never towing anything, they're fine. Just way underpowered for my taste. Also getting in and out of the back seat is an adventure unless you're a contortionist. I'd go with the H1 Alpha with the Duramax if I was a baller like you!!! :D :D :D
baller, right.... more like livin beyond... just trying to keep up with ya...:D

Throttle
09-23-2007, 10:07 AM
Just had an H3 for a rental for 4 days. Brand new 125 miles. One of the worst new vehicles I have ever driven. No POWER and very difficult to get in and out of. If you are really serious rent one for a few days you will change your mind.:(
did it have the V8?

Jordy
09-23-2007, 10:09 AM
did it have the V8?
It was brand new, but I don't believe it was the Alpha with the V8. All he did was complain about it, then he knocked over a tray of drinks (thankfully only water) because he was in such a foul mood after rolling around in the Hummer. :notam: :D

hkunz
09-23-2007, 10:10 AM
If you like the Chevy Colorado pickup, the H3 is the same rig with different sheetmetal. If you plan to take it off road, plan on the $10K front axle swap/repair. Chevys are notorious for front end damage from twigs and gravel, forget logs and rocks.
If you are really not going to use it off road, just to go to the mall, then it should do fine for its limited lifetime. If you buy rigs for the long term, you gotta go Jeep.

Havasu1986
09-23-2007, 10:13 AM
My neighbor here in Havasu has a white H2 for sale for 50k. He's a Havasu fireman. Maybe you can get a deal. :)

Big Warlock
09-23-2007, 10:13 AM
I have an H-3. It's my "run around town" vehicle. Very under powered. But I hear the new ones are coming with a V-8. I do like the way it drives and putting junk in and out of it is very convenient. It would not be my only vehicle. And the only thing I tow with it is the Duffy. But I also paid mid 20K for an '06 last year. Great second, third or fourth car!!:D

Jordy
09-23-2007, 10:15 AM
And the only thing I tow with it is the Duffy.
OK Mr. My H3 Will Launch The Guppy. :idea: :D :D :D
I'd still like to see it, but I'll be watching from a safe distance so I have no culpability in the matter when you're explaining what happened to the Mrs. :D

Big Warlock
09-23-2007, 10:32 AM
OK Mr. My H3 Will Launch The Guppy. :idea: :D :D :D
I'd still like to see it, but I'll be watching from a safe distance so I have no culpability in the matter when you're explaining what happened to the Mrs. :D
I have dinner at Ocean that says it can be done. I propose goingt o Pleasant for said test. Then I would really like the surf and turf with a bottle of Screaming Eagle. What say you Captain???? :)

Jordy
09-23-2007, 10:36 AM
I have dinner at Ocean that says it can be done. I propose goingt o Pleasant for said test. Then I would really like the surf and turf with a bottle of Screaming Eagle. What say you Captain???? :)
I say if we have this bet, then all the sudden C will be on my ass because it will somehow become my idea. I don't need to be in that big pot of hot water you got yourself into. Thanks for the invite though. :D :D :D
From Consumer Reports:
The H3 is powered by a 220-hp, 3.5-liter five-cylinder engine that struggles to move this heavy SUV. The four-speed automatic transmission shifts smoothly but must downshift often to maintain speed. It got only 14 mpg overall, which is similar to that of most V8s. It took a long 25.6 seconds to tow our 3,500-pound trailer to 60 mph. Its maximum towing capacity is 4,500 pounds.
You know, 13,500 is divisible by 4,500. It's 3 times the towing capicity and will take an hour to pull up the 10 lane ramp, that is, once the tow truck hooks on to it to get it out of the water from being drug backwards down the ramp. :idea:
Like I said, it would be fun to watch, but I want no part of it. J-cup might be down though. :D

Big Warlock
09-23-2007, 10:37 AM
Chicken!!!

Big Warlock
09-23-2007, 10:38 AM
I have been seriously thinking of souping it up somehow. Maybe the mechanics need to play with it and see what options we have to give it some more upfh!!

Jordy
09-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Chicken!!!
I might be stupid but I'm not dumb!!! :D
I have been seriously thinking of souping it up somehow. Maybe the mechanics need to play with it and see what options we have to give it some more upfh!!
Nothing that couldn't be fixed with a nice twin turbo setup. :D

Miss Throttle
09-23-2007, 10:40 AM
He always says, "sure honey what ever you want" I should be able to have a hummer "right?"

Jordy
09-23-2007, 10:41 AM
I should be able to give him a hummer "right?"
Absolutley! :D

Big Warlock
09-23-2007, 10:44 AM
He always says, "sure honey what ever you want" I should be able to have a hummer "right?"
I think he was thinking about the HUmmer for himself........:eek:
Your going to do fine here!!! :D

Throttle
09-23-2007, 11:10 AM
a hummer for 60 months and I get hummers for a lifetime...

Big Warlock
09-23-2007, 11:20 AM
What's the monthly payment? We doing an economic evaluation? :D

Jordy
09-23-2007, 11:22 AM
What's the monthly payment? We doing an economic evaluation? :D
You really want to break into economic evaluations Mr. Trump??? :D :D :D
Which reminds me, when are we taking the plane out??? :D

Big Warlock
09-23-2007, 11:32 AM
You really want to break into economic evaluations Mr. Trump??? :D :D :D
Which reminds me, when are we taking the plane out??? :D
Trust me, I know!!!! It is much, much, much cheaper to be single!!!! And, well you know, all that other stuff was more abundant as well. :D
But I am happy living in lockdown..........when you boys going to break in?????:eek: :eek:

Miss Throttle
09-23-2007, 11:33 AM
With your schedule thats not asking for a whole lot, I might be able to handle that. :idea:

Throttle
09-23-2007, 11:36 AM
I agree, you are geting off ez. its the pounding you take when I get home that costs u

Jordy
09-23-2007, 12:11 PM
I agree, you are geting off ez. its the pounding you take when I get home that costs u
Can we keep this on track??? :notam:

Big Warlock
09-23-2007, 12:20 PM
Jeeeeesh get a room you two!!!! :D

Make it a Double
09-23-2007, 12:54 PM
did it have the V8?
No. An 8 would help. But like I said drive it for a while. My daughter has an 07 Pathfinder and it has more room and more go:D

Jordy
09-23-2007, 12:56 PM
My daughter has an 07 Pathfinder and it has more room and more go:D
Still??? I figured she'd be driving the Escalade or something else by now. :D :D :D

Baja Big Dog
09-23-2007, 01:48 PM
:D a hummer for 60 months and I get hummers for a lifetime...
Not married huh???:D

Baja Big Dog
09-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Dad wanted the hummer, he had to have it, not being a Chevy fan I talked to about it, but fruitless, he bought the piece of shit, the 5 banger is a fricken joke, try to get on the freeway and it sounds like the rods are gonna visit you in the cab. The mileage sucks, talking 10MPG, they have a commercial on saying 20MPG, Im sure thats for the V8.
The visibility is miserable, many blind spots. Inside just a cheap Chevy POS!!!!:mad:
Not sure he has ever hated a car more!!!

rrrr
09-23-2007, 02:05 PM
Make that a double. We rented one with 2 miles on it when we were in OR in August. Huge POS.
No kidding. We got one in Vegas a few months ago. It barely had room for our bags and my golf clubs even with the rear seats folded down (which was a pain in the ass to accomplish). It was slow, hard to see out of, got poor gas mileage, and took a lot of effort to fold 6'2" into the driver's seat.

Make it a Double
09-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Still??? I figured she'd be driving the Escalade or something else by now. :D :D :D
What did you hear?:D :(

squirt'nmyload
09-23-2007, 04:31 PM
but the orange fit you very well :D :D.......we test drove one of these things awhile back and we didn't even go 100 yards before we turned around and said no way.

mbrown2
09-23-2007, 05:01 PM
A hummer is something your wife or girlfriend gives you....if you want to go offroad, get a JEEP! :)

Havasu1986
09-23-2007, 05:04 PM
A hummer is something your wife or girlfriend gives you....if you want to go offroad, get a JEEP! :)
:D Both times.

Nord
09-23-2007, 05:16 PM
You could say that again.......;) :D

PaPaG
09-23-2007, 05:54 PM
Dad wanted the hummer, he had to have it, not being a Chevy fan I talked to about it, but fruitless, he bought the piece of shit, the 5 banger is a fricken joke, try to get on the freeway and it sounds like the rods are gonna visit you in the cab. The mileage sucks, talking 10MPG, they have a commercial on saying 20MPG, Im sure thats for the V8.
The visibility is miserable, many blind spots. Inside just a cheap Chevy POS!!!!:mad:
Not sure he has ever hated a car more!!!
You must own a jeep :D

Throttle
09-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Can we keep this on track??? :notam:
sorry

Throttle
09-23-2007, 06:01 PM
mmmm, I did seem to like the H3 (V8 seems to be the only way to go), however all this feedback maybe its time to look at the jeep a little more closely, thanks gang...

catman-do
09-23-2007, 06:03 PM
I personally dont care for the H2's or H3's myself. I like the Tahoe's MUCH better for them being the same basic structure/ powerplant. Like someone else said earlier, try looking at the new Toyota FJ cruiser.... the look awesome and you cant beat a Toyota, especially with all the back and fourth driving you do to work.

OGShocker
09-23-2007, 06:09 PM
mmmm, I did seem to like the H3 (V8 seems to be the only way to go), however all this feedback maybe its time to look at the jeep a little more closely, thanks gang...
The Toyota deal is nice.
http://www.toyota.com/byt/pub/media?id=5478797
Base MSRP:*$24,135
Destination & Handling:**$685
Options & Accessories:$9,550
Total Combined:***$34,370
Hummer, no. IMHO!

Throttle
09-23-2007, 07:36 PM
I personally dont care for the H2's or H3's myself. I like the Tahoe's MUCH better for them being the same basic structure/ powerplant. Like someone else said earlier, try looking at the new Toyota FJ cruiser.... the look awesome and you cant beat a Toyota, especially with all the back and fourth driving you do to work.
I have the tahoe for my commute, just considering something for around town and in the dirt...
went from rhino, to jeep, to h3... I think I better just stick to my golf cart and the other dirt toys... :idea: Afterall, I still need money to drink (have u seen my bar tabs).

Throttle
09-23-2007, 07:38 PM
The Toyota deal is nice.
http://www.toyota.com/byt/pub/media?id=5478797
Base MSRP:*$24,135
Destination & Handling:**$685
Options & Accessories:$9,550
Total Combined:***$34,370
Hummer, no. IMHO!
mmmmm :idea:
maybe I could give it a look

Throttle
09-23-2007, 07:39 PM
boat brokers has one for sale, maybe I could get it for a dollar or two.

beaverretriever
09-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Just build your own...:D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164763
I would opt for the Jeep. That new 4 door is awesome.

XtrmWakeborder
09-23-2007, 09:17 PM
Jeep for sure! I've got to get pics of the one at work. I think it belongs to a guy that works for an offroad magazine.

Jordy
09-24-2007, 12:23 AM
So I saw a commercial tonight with an H3 rolling in the way off the beaten path mode, and I'm thinking I might have to take BW's H3 for a spin to see how fukked up it has to be before it's FUBAR. I'll do this only to help out my fellow ***boaters. From what I saw, I'm really going to have to flog on it to get it to that point. People helping people, it's what I do.
Jordy. :idea: