PDA

View Full Version : Car springs install hookup?

Toomstone
09-23-2007, 09:19 PM
I have an 07 BMW 328i coupe and I was sent a letter saying that the sport suspension I paid for had not been put on my car. In the envelope was a $200 gift certificate to BMW Lifestyle Online. The sport package was $1400... So I complained and they offered to send me to the driving school in South Carolina. But I always noticed something was different about my car because it sat to high. So I am going to buy some springs and was wondering if anyone knew a shop where I could get them installed for a good price. Thanks.
Toomstone

XtrmWakeborder
09-23-2007, 09:21 PM
Springs should be a piece of cake, i'd just do it by myself.

Toomstone
09-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Ya I had a buddy do it on his 01 Jetta but I'm just worried were going take the wheels off and it's going to be way different. I just definitely don't want to screw it up. But I still might try it in a friends shop if we have someone supervising.

Jordy
09-24-2007, 12:36 AM
So do you have the chick BMW, or does your girl roll around in your 3 series chick car??? :idea:
Aside from that, what I'm seeing is you paid for a $1400 suspension that you never got. Now you're talking about some $200 driving school, and having to pay for someone to put the suspension in that you already paid for??? Does that sound right???
Doesn't sound right to me, but I don't drive a 3 series, and if I had a chick that drove a 3 series, I'd still wear the pants. :D

phebus
09-24-2007, 06:15 AM
Doesn't sound right to me either.
I would think that since you paid for them yet never received them, they would have to either refund you or make it good with the proper suspension.

Stroked&Blown
09-24-2007, 06:30 AM
Skip the driving school. Ask for and demand a refund of $1400
Call Richard Jonec at Vogtland North America, 951-694-6981
http://www.vogtland-na.com/
The are located in Temecula, use BMW's refund $$$ for a kit then spend the remainder on whatever you wish.

Toomstone
09-24-2007, 06:47 AM
The car is leased so the refund thing could be kind of tricky and the driving school is actually $1000. they will put me up at the marriot and i'm going to make sure they pay for the plane ticket. its a two day all day school. Oh ya here is my chick car...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=131337&size=big&cat=&ppuser=8071
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=131339&size=big&ppuser=8071

phebus
09-24-2007, 06:49 AM
Looks great blacked out.

Toomstone
09-24-2007, 07:03 AM
Thanks a lot Phebus. I know... you guys are right, I should be pushing hard for the right suspension but I've heard great things about this driving school. You get to drive every car (m3, m5, m6, 760) as hard as you want for two laps. they teach you how to drift on one of those polished concrete surfaces that they get wet. It's something that I would really like to do... and the H&R springs are only $200.

Jordy
09-24-2007, 07:36 AM
Oh ya here is my chick car...
Looks great blacked out.
Yes it does, but they didn't black out the 3 series part so it's still a slooter scooter. :D :D :D
Just having fun with ya Toomstone. :D

Baja Big Dog
09-24-2007, 07:46 AM
Im sure Im missing something here....so lets try this,
Make the dealer install the parts you paid for, why is this an issue? Why would you let them offer you $200 in BMW bling?
Get the springs in, and go to Speed Ventures at
http://speedventures.com/
You can race your car, (not really a race, passing allowed only when permitted by the slower car), and you race against the clock, all you need is a helmet, they run according to how fast you are, the first couple of times you have to take an instructor with you, went last week to Willow Springs with a buddy in his 325IS (I think), and it was a blast. Very low chance of wrecking your car, just bring some white shoe polish for numbers on the windows. Saw some pretty cool cars, lots of Vettes.

havasuready
09-24-2007, 07:55 AM
I went to the driving school for my 6 series if it is the same set up I would recommend going. I also pu the Eibach springs on a 5 series I had and I liked it better than the factory sport package. Just my .02

Toomstone
09-24-2007, 02:04 PM
They said they could put them on for me but I want lower ones anyways. So I want the driving school and new springs... gotta pay for one of em.