PDA

View Full Version : Good time or not - GM

Cole Sanger
09-25-2007, 03:33 AM
With the unions on strike, is it a good time to buy a new truck? Will the price of the trucks drop?

Shreve"T"
09-25-2007, 03:39 AM
With the unions on strike, is it a good time to buy a new truck? Will the price of the trucks drop?
NO!!!!!!!!!

hoolign
09-25-2007, 04:08 AM
It's a good time for me to buy trucks down there.. many ..many trucks

RitcheyRch
09-25-2007, 04:36 AM
Dont think there are going to be any deals out there.

GoCiggie31
09-25-2007, 06:16 AM
there are 'deals' out there all the time if you are in the mkt.
07's are in a close out mode and 08's are either on the truck on there way to the dlr or already on the lot.
the 07's need to go...every day they are on the dlr's lots they cost the dlr $$$.
check different dlrs in your area and wait for them to offer you the best deal if you are in need.
don't be in a hurry-dlrs are hungry and most of all, do your homework

centerhill condor
09-25-2007, 06:36 AM
do yourself a favor...buy a 3 year old truck and keep it 3 years. Save some of your money.
As for GM, they have 100 day inventory and the strike costs $100m a day. They are reported to have $32B sittin' around money.
I still don't get the "new math".
CC

Baja Big Dog
09-25-2007, 06:50 AM
If you do buy a truck, Id check the build date, you can rest assured that the good ole boys want to prove a point and I'M sure the last days of production before the strike has a few surprises in store for the buyers!!!

sorry dog
09-25-2007, 07:35 AM
If you do buy a truck, Id check the build date, you can rest assured that the good ole boys want to prove a point and I'M sure the last days of production before the strike has a few surprises in store for the buyers!!!
Just like the good ole days in the seventies...bite the hand that feeds ya.
The average wage at the Hyundai plant a bit south of me is around $15 an hour.
...not sure if they would intentionally do shoddy work...maybe JBB would have some insight...wonder if he ever put any scoops on backwards back in his strike days...

spectratoad
09-25-2007, 07:39 AM
Let's see????? Trying to figure the thought process of the unions. I am going to strike and cost my company 100 million a day to get job security?!?!?!
F UNIONS!!!!! Their days are over. :D

hkunz
09-25-2007, 08:02 AM
Let's see????? Trying to figure the thought process of the unions. I am going to strike and cost my company 100 million a day to get job security?!?!?!
Duh, ya think?