PDA

View Full Version : Unions are good!!!

ThongMagnet
09-25-2007, 09:08 AM
For all you assholes who think unions are bad, Lets just name a few unions
Police Union
Teachers union,
Unions are great, it is too bad more people didn't belong to unions.

deltarat
09-25-2007, 09:21 AM
<---IBEW Local 302 in the HOUSE!

OGShocker
09-25-2007, 09:29 AM
Police Union
Teachers union,
When you resort to name calling, you lose. FUKWAD! :D

djunkie
09-25-2007, 09:30 AM
:crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

djunkie
09-25-2007, 09:31 AM
I'm seriously thinking of having Isaacs for lunch. :idea: :D :D

OGShocker
09-25-2007, 09:34 AM
I'm seriously thinking of having Isaacs for lunch. :idea: :D :D
Enjoy, I'll be having Bangers and Mash for my next meal...:D

OutCole'd
09-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Police Union
Teachers union,
So just because someone disagree's with you they're an Asshole??:rolleyes:

Jyruiz
09-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Not they, YOU.:D

OGShocker
09-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Kinda my point... :D

OutCole'd
09-25-2007, 09:36 AM
Not they, YOU.:D
Hey, thanks for clearing that up. I feel much better.:D

djunkie
09-25-2007, 09:36 AM
Your all a bunch of assholes!!!!!!!!!!!!:yuk: :crossx: :crossx:

Havasu_Dreamin
09-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Apparently so. When you resort to name calling you know you have no real arguement and any argument you may have had is reduced to drivel.....

OGShocker
09-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Hey, thanks for clearing that up. I feel much better.:D
I just read the thread again.... I thought he said ONIONS are good... My bad.

OGShocker
09-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Apparently so. When you resort to name calling you know you have no real arguement and any argument you may have had is reduced to drivel.....
I put a smillie..:D
I am in an Airport and did not want to destroy TM with my over charged WIT!...
Have a good day,
Mark

hkunz
09-25-2007, 09:55 AM
I'd like to se an in depth analysis of how the teacher's unions are a good thing, considering how far down the kids' test scores have gone since they became powerful.
I have another theory, that the teacher's union is part of an overall plan to dumb down kids so much that when they get old enough to vote they'll think that the Democrats are really going to help the little guy. :devil:

Ziggy
09-25-2007, 09:58 AM
I just read the thread again.... I thought he said ONIONS are good... My bad.
What a Bloke:rolleyes: :D :D :D
Have you seen the London Bridge.

Jyruiz
09-25-2007, 10:05 AM
I'd like to se an in depth analysis of how the teacher's unions are a good thing, considering how far down the kids' test scores have gone since they became powerful.
I have another theory, that the teacher's union is part of an overall plan to dumb down kids so much that when they get old enough to vote they'll think that the Democrats are really going to help the little guy. :devil:
If people don't want there kids to be dumb, then spend the time with them doing their homework and explaining it to them if they don't understand. I don't blame the teachers unions for kids being dumb, I blame the parents, if the parents took a more active part in there kids education, they would not be dumb.

djunkie
09-25-2007, 10:06 AM
If people don't want there kids to be dumb, then spend the time with them doing their homework and explaining it to them if they don't understand. I don't blame the teachers unions for kids being dumb, I blame the parents, if the parents took a more active part in there kids education, they would not be dumb.
Oh come one Juan. Its sooooo much easier to blame the union though. :rolleyes: :D :D

Jyruiz
09-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Oh come one Juan. Its sooooo much easier to blame the union though. :rolleyes: :D :D
Guess it is easier that way.:confused:

Shreve"T"
09-25-2007, 10:18 AM
WELL SAID!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

Havasu_Dreamin
09-25-2007, 10:30 AM
I put a smillie..:D
I am in an Airport and did not want to destroy TM with my over charged WIT!...
Have a good day,
Mark
My comment was not directed at you, it was directed at the original poster. Bring on the wit...but leave the metal bar in the shop...:D

Racey
09-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Unions are great, how else could you get an unskilled laborer paid $38/hr to put 20 screws in a car on an assembly line all day, so we can pay $50,000 for a new Suburban.:D :D

SB
09-25-2007, 10:34 AM
I think the teachers' unions are the second most powerful evil force in the country. Guess that make me an asshole. :( BTW I come from a strong union family.:)

rodnjen
09-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Unions certainly have their place, without them management would steamroll labor. That being said they have become more about the UNIONs themselves than the benefit or betterment of the employees.
They are costly and the have made the common man ucommonly wealthy in some cases. In my line of work (local government) they are used by politicians to get elected then, in turn, receive rather generous compensation and benefits.
I like the idea of unions, I like the idea of a collective voice but their level of ifnluence and leverage has harmed their credibility.

Shreve"T"
09-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Unions are great, how else could you get an unskilled laborer paid $38/hr to put 20 screws in a car on an assembly line all day, so we can pay $50,000 for a new Suburban.:D :D
"BINGO" We have a winner. Or a "FREAKIN" sticker that reads $50,000:D :D :D :D

Kilrtoy
09-25-2007, 11:37 AM
I think this statement is almost as big of pile of shit as the thread where I cut you off....
When you have over half of the kids enrolled in the public school system that dont speak, read or write the english language. Yet they are required to take the state mandated test, yes in english, would you expect any other results than failure....Thus resulting in lower test scores....
When my children attended LAUSD and were in a no busing school, the overall school's test reults were above average. Now schools with 95% immigrant population are scoring in the 10, 20 30 percentile range, it is not the teachers fault that the teacher only speak english.

Cigalert
09-25-2007, 11:47 AM
I like credit unions.
Workers unions can suck my balls.

YeLLowBoaT
09-25-2007, 12:01 PM
most unions these days are full of shit. I am a union member, but I only do enough "union" work to keep me in the union. Being in a trade union use to mean something... not anymore.
Oh yeah, I would love to get into the eleavtors workers union...but you have to basicly be some ones kid to get in... its exactly what is wrong with unions these days.

HavaSkank
09-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Unions served their purpose in the 40's and 50's when employees were exploided. State and Federal laws have been implemented to protect the worker, therefore the concept of the mighty union has lost it's steam.
Just ask any grocery worker about the effectiveness of the strike in 2003. That was the sign of the times and union heads remain FAT, sitting in marble floored union halls, pulling up to work in luxury vehicles, to remind the poor, hard working laborer just how evil private enterprise is.
Unions are like 8 track players. Sure they served their purpose, and we were proud to have one at the time. Now technology (and legislation) has become more advance and we are embarassed to admit we had one.
The pro-union laborers of the world have been brainwashed by their fathers, and their father's father. They rank union membership right up there with Amercian patriotism and if you bad-mouth unions then you're a terrorist. So call me an asshole, it's rather fitting anyways.

Dave C
09-25-2007, 12:32 PM
I have to agree with team Kilrtoy here.... the school districts have many more problems than the union is responsible for and non-English speakers and parent participation are the big ones.
We just moved schools within the same district and there has been a vast improvement.
Don't get me wrong I still think they do cause some problems but I won't go there. ;)
Actually someone else had a good point in the other thread.... unions are good when they protect those that are willing to trade higher productivity for higher wages and benefits... BUT if the unions are protecting useless lazy non productive individuals then that's a bad thing....

CornWater
09-25-2007, 12:35 PM
So if the test scores are down, blame the parents? And if the scores are up, credit the union???

Jyruiz
09-25-2007, 12:42 PM
So if the test scores are down, blame the parents? And if the scores are up, credit the union???
I never said that. I would credit the parents as much as the teachers for taking an active role in their kids education if test scores go up. The union does not teach or have the students in there homes to help them out. I am not pro or againts unions, I just fail to see how a union made test scores drop.

ThongMagnet
09-25-2007, 01:26 PM
"BINGO" We have a winner. Or a "FREAKIN" sticker that reads $50,000:D :D :D :D
Toyota does not use unions...How much is a new Toyota (made in the united states), then look at an equal model Chevy. Who's fooling who? You a freaking idiots. Get educated before you open the pie hole:idea:
I'm not a union member, and it is not available in what I do, but I can tell you its all about the share holder.
The police can not strike, they use sick days. And they all are driving New SUV's and pulling nice toys. So Unions can work.

2Driver
09-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Be nice for once if a Union actually demanded something that made the company more competitive in the world market place like improving quality or technology. All they seem to do is go on strike to demand job security and keep the 37 year old plant from closing. :rolleyes:
It's not only near sighted and ancient thinking it’s a great going out of business strategy

Racey
09-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Toyota does not use unions...How much is a new Toyota (made in the united states), then look at an equal model Chevy. Who's fooling who? You a freaking idiots. Get educated before you open the pie hole:idea:
I'm not a union member, and it is not available in what I do, but I can tell you its all about the share holder.
The police can not strike, they use sick days. And they all are driving New SUV's and pulling nice toys. So Unions can work.
I wasn't aware toyota made the suburban?!?
Toyota may not use unions, but they are naturally forced to have competitive pay with FORD/GM/DODGE which are union. Tell the shareholders of GM it's all about them when their company is in the red and stocks are falling, why may you ask, I think we can all guess the answer from the title of this thread.
For the record, IMO toyota doesnt make an equal model to any chevy car or truck.... :D

YeLLowBoaT
09-25-2007, 02:22 PM
I wasn't aware toyota made the suburban?!?
Toyota may not use unions, but they are naturally forced to have competitive pay with FORD/GM/DODGE which are union. Tell the shareholders of GM it's all about them when their company is in the red and stocks are falling, why may you ask, I think we can all guess the answer from the title of this thread.
For the record, IMO toyota doesnt make an equal model to any chevy car or truck.... :D
actually the guys that work in the toyota plants are paid around 15 dallors less a hour.

RT21
09-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Unions served their purpose in the 40's and 50's when employees were exploided. State and Federal laws have been implemented to protect the worker, therefore the concept of the mighty union has lost it's steam.
Just ask any grocery worker about the effectiveness of the strike in 2003. That was the sign of the times and union heads remain FAT, sitting in marble floored union halls, pulling up to work in luxury vehicles, to remind the poor, hard working laborer just how evil private enterprise is.
Unions are like 8 track players. Sure they served their purpose, and we were proud to have one at the time. Now technology (and legislation) has become more advance and we are embarassed to admit we had one.
The pro-union laborers of the world have been brainwashed by their fathers, and their father's father. They rank union membership right up there with Amercian patriotism and if you bad-mouth unions then you're a terrorist. So call me an asshole, it's rather fitting anyways.
And we all know how helpful the government is. :rolleyes:

Havasu1986
09-25-2007, 03:32 PM
call me an asshole, it's rather fitting anyways.
Really...I started in the fire sprinkler business when there still were 8 tracks. And we still put the pipes in manually 1 pipe at a time. Now the engineering side has changed from hand drawn plans to cadd and even to 3D. You can't compare a grocery store union to a commercial union contractor. :)

HavaSkank
09-25-2007, 03:39 PM
And we all know how helpful the government is. :rolleyes:
We have OSHA, child labor laws, mandatory work comp insurance and the PHOCKING ERA. Employers have their balls in a vice grip with government involvement in basic business operations.
We have Big Brother watching over us. Unions are the equivalent to that short, skinny, white guy that stands behind the 7 ft tall, 300 lb black, bald headed bouncer threatening to kick your ass.

HavaSkank
09-25-2007, 03:42 PM
You can't compare a grocery store union to a commercial union contractor. :)
Tell that to a grocery clerk who feels just as passionate about his/her union membership. I thought all union employees stood united? You know, that "I dont cross the picket line" mentality. So are you telling me there's a ranking system within this mafia? Interesting :idea:

Havasu1986
09-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Tell that to a grocery clerk who feels just as passionate about his/her union membership. I thought all union employees stood united? You know, that "I dont cross the picket line" mentality. So are you telling me there's a ranking system within this mafia? Interesting :idea:
Now look at whos been brain washed. The grocery people have did it to themselves. I still won't cross a picket line. The construction side is alot stronger and smarter. ;)

HavaSkank
09-25-2007, 03:52 PM
But what happened to the "united front" if one claims to be bigger and mightier than the others? Here's where you seem to be making my point for me :D

beaverretriever
09-25-2007, 03:59 PM
actually the guys that work in the toyota plants are paid around 15 dallors less a hour.
True... Toyota and Nissan want to keep business in the US. They opened up factories in depressed areas and gave a lot of people jobs. When any word comes up about starting a union Toyota and Nissan threaten to take their business to Mexico.
Its either have a job for 15.00 an hour or none at all. I hate to say it, but I think it is great.
People always want to make more but they forget when they get paid more the products they manufacture cost more and it just becomes a vicious circle.

HavaSkank
09-25-2007, 04:00 PM
Im boning a Toyota exec these days, so I'll go out on a limb and agree with the Beav :D

Havasu1986
09-25-2007, 04:03 PM
But what happened to the "united front" if one claims to be bigger and mightier than the others? Here's where you seem to be making my point for me :D
Its more of a "united front" for the trades that you are in these days. Don't blame the union for that, thats just how people think anymore. :(

Racey
09-25-2007, 04:31 PM
I bet this thread can go on as long as the 'God is Fake' one :D

vmjtc3
09-25-2007, 04:37 PM
I have a theory as well. Stupid people have stupid kids. Blame test scores on that. In a nutshell, you cant fix stupid.

98 Vector 21
09-25-2007, 04:42 PM
I like unions they give me the opportunity to make a lot of extra cash for just showing up and doing nothing in all the kayos of a strike! Besides I don't like the ideal that if we (like it or not) strike I loose thousands and the company looses millons...

98 Vector 21
09-25-2007, 04:45 PM
I have a theory as well. Stupid people have stupid kids. Blame test scores on that. In a nutshell, you cant fix stupid.
Moma always told me stupid is stupid does.....

Wicky
09-25-2007, 04:48 PM
Unions....Just proving Darwin's theory of natural selection!!!:D

vmjtc3
09-25-2007, 04:49 PM
We have OSHA, child labor laws, mandatory work comp insurance and the PHOCKING ERA. Employers have their balls in a vice grip with government involvement in basic business operations.
We have Big Brother watching over us. Unions are the equivalent to that short, skinny, white guy that stands behind the 7 ft tall, 300 lb black, bald headed bouncer threatening to kick your ass.
I think the union is the 300lb black man standing behind the little skinny white guy making sure the ass kicking commences, at a good rate of pay. But we all have our own points of view.

Wet Dream
09-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Police Union
Teachers union,
Teachers union? :mad: :mad: :mad:
Fock YOU and the loser unions. Our f'ed up schools have been on strike for the last 4 focking years because the stupid union douche focks don't want to pay a little more for health care. Fock them and the faggot unions. Can you tell that it pisses me off? There was a time when a union was needed, but now??? A total waste.

fiasco
09-25-2007, 05:06 PM
oh the union are so great thats why teachers and cops make so much money to do what they do . Whens the last time you saw a live better work union sticker on a mercedes :D

blt4spd
09-25-2007, 05:28 PM
i am a union member ILWU-LOCAL 13 longshoreman.it is a great job great pay,great medical.teachers and cops and firemen all new what they were getting into when they chose there occupations.i admit they are getting kicked in the balls.if they were smart each city should have there own seperate teachers,firemen.....ect.then they could conrtact there own wages and benefits.every city i see that has it is very happy.

ThongMagnet
09-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Police Union
Teachers union,
I guess I owe a few people an apology for calling them an asshole...sorry:D :D :D
You assholes are right (sorry again), I'm wrong...what am I complaining about...I drive an american car, own an american "Custom" boat, and my 401k plan, pension, and paycheck look pretty good. Actually I'm living the american middle class dream.:idea:
Do you think if we all bought american the world would be different? Probably not:idea:

riverroyal
09-25-2007, 05:43 PM
19 years now.Hasnt made me rich,but Im just fine .If you are going be a tradesman then unions are the way to go.IF your a construction company owner then its 50/50.To be non-union and in construction working with your hands would be a VERY bad call,unless you like piece-meal work or 18$ a hour

riverroyal
09-25-2007, 05:44 PM
oh the union are so great thats why teachers and cops make so much money to do what they do . Whens the last time you saw a live better work union sticker on a mercedes :D
BMW?:D

sdpm
09-25-2007, 05:52 PM
I was in the Teamsters local 542 when I worked for Price Club. Paid into it for over 14yrs until I went into management (salary non union). The only thing that I saw that the union did was protect the employees that did not want to work! If you did what you were asked to and came to work on time and didn't call in sick 3 to 5 times a month there was no need for the union. When I went into upper management is when I really saw the union at work. Some new young "other than white" employees came to work with clocks around their necks. I mean 10" round clocks! We (mgr's) told them they had to remove them for a few different reasons. They told us no and we had them leave. They went straight to the Union and before long a major racial dispute evolved even lawsuits. Yep they (not Price Club) won. I could sit here for hours even days telling even better stories than this while I was there. I never saw the Union push for higher pay or benefits. At every new contract meeting, it was always the same thing. "This is a good contract! Everyone should vote yes for it and they always did"!
Needless to say, I have nothing for Unions!!

westair
09-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Police Union
Teachers union,
OK azzhole, whats so good about the police union, they are way underpaid here in San Diego and there benefits suck. There is a big shortage of officers because of it.
And by the way teachers wages are good for a second income. Now that I think about it, I am sure you wrote this as a joke!

kamguy
09-25-2007, 06:10 PM
viv and roy started shop in 1941 in the garage. no $ just a lot of hard work.
instead of going into detail about what i think of unions, check the history of unions. walter p reuther went to russia to learn how communism worked. came back and started in earnest getting it going.
check it out and think about how they operate. get online and learn more before you support something you may not understand.
BK

Riverkid
09-25-2007, 06:12 PM
BMW?:D
That's the wife's car... :D

fiasco
09-25-2007, 06:22 PM
just wondering do they pay union workers for making your striking signs . When your striking do the BA's take a cut in pay to strike ? I love unions . :D oh ya my grandpa was union in the 50s and 60s his ford falcon was so fast !

riverroyal
09-25-2007, 06:51 PM
That's the wife's car... :D
always ruining stuff...hey did that new indoor cart track open near you?

SmokinLowriderSS
09-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Police Union
Teachers union,
You just keep thinking that then. It's a free country.
After 11 years, I informed my IAMAW local that they were no longer going to get paid by me to lie to me, from the plant chairman's own mouth on down.
Nov 2006 I left, never to return.

SmokinLowriderSS
09-25-2007, 07:02 PM
just wondering do they pay union workers for making your striking signs . When your striking do the BA's take a cut in pay to strike ? I love unions . :D
Sometimes, they pay Strike Pay to people who don't do any of the required "picket line time" that the rules say it takes to get it. :idea:
Sometimes, they pay the guy, who keeps going into the plant, doing United Way charity fundraising for the company, Strike Pay, while he's still collecting his company check, for being the United Way fundraising guy. :idea:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................

hoolign
09-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Police Union
Teachers union,
If more people belonged to Unions...we would not need the teachers union as there would be be less people that required "education" to advance at careers! They would simply join a union and be promoted enjoying there increased wages ....
Just keep paying your dues !!
Teachers union?? I would find better example than the whining teachers union! The majority are not even teachers ( I'm not including every teacher here!!) They want to help educate the children?? Fairly hard to educate them while they are on strike for 2 months...wouldn't you say?? The quality of education has gone for shit! Teachers union.LMFAO! Great example of how the system gets milked there!

hoolign
09-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Would one of you union cases care to explain to the class why unions were first created?? What the benifit is now?? How they are making things better? And lastly ...what have they done for you ?? ......Bueller....Bueller??........ Bueller??

Riverkid
09-25-2007, 08:34 PM
always ruining stuff...hey did that new indoor cart track open near you?
Classic! :D
We have a Pole Position in Corona. One of the owners kid's has school with our girls so they got to drive a car... Now they want a Trophy Cart...:mad:

hkunz
09-25-2007, 09:05 PM
I think this statement is almost as big of pile of shit as the thread where I cut you off....
When you have over half of the kids enrolled in the public school system that dont speak, read or write the english language. Yet they are required to take the state mandated test, yes in english, would you expect any other results than failure....Thus resulting in lower test scores....
When my children attended LAUSD and were in a no busing school, the overall school's test reults were above average. Now schools with 95% immigrant population are scoring in the 10, 20 30 percentile range, it is not the teachers fault that the teacher only speak english.
Yup, what happens in LA obviously applies to the entire rest of the country.
I'm not talking about bilingual ed, but the trend over the past thirty years or so. The US has failed to keep up with the education levels of other countries, with a continuous downward trend, as the various education unions have grown in power, and also been paid more, relative to inflation, than thier similarly educated peers.
This has nothing to do with bussing, but does have to do with Occam's Razor - the most obvious solution is most likely the correct one.

QuickJet
09-25-2007, 09:09 PM
There are not "good unions and bad unions" since the whole premis of unions is bad. That's like saying there are "good terrorist and bad terrorist". The agenda is the same. They position themselves to strong arm authority via strikes, walk outs etc. if they don't get there way. Much like a terrorist organization does when it acts out against it's government. They turn on their own country men the same way striking union workers do when a picket line is crossed by one of their "brothers". They beat the shitt out of him and throw rocks at his car.
There is not one viable reason for unions. If you don't like the companies employee package, simply don't work there. If you are that bad ass of an electrician or a pipe fitter http://www.***boat.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif then start your own company. Odds are you won't have any "union boys" on the payroll.

shueman
09-25-2007, 09:31 PM
Thanks to the union, I have a pension, and health insurance in retirement... :cool:

suckin&pumpin
09-25-2007, 09:52 PM
as an ex union idiot I must say I know more people who got screwed out of pensions then got what they put in! so besides all the obvious arguments against ,the main point was to protect workers but that is no longer the case! Or maybe I should limit my comments to the framers union but when you put in 21 years and some idiot says a company you worked for for 2 years, 10 years ago never paid into your pension so you only have 19 in so you only get a ten year package, maybe when you find out how many people the union screws over you will find the unions are the assholes not the people who disagree with you. S&P
p.s. when you see people picketing a construction site, stop and ask them how long they have been in the trades and ask how much they are getting paid to walk that line! the answers will be what trade? and minimum wage!!!!

Jesster
09-25-2007, 10:07 PM
I never said that. I would credit the parents as much as the teachers for taking an active role in their kids education if test scores go up. The union does not teach or have the students in there homes to help them out. I am not pro or againts unions, I just fail to see how a union made test scores drop.
That’s an easy one, they protect teachers that have no right teaching. My wife is a teacher and I hear stories all the time about teachers that have no right teaching anymore and about the ones that are tenured after what? 3 years.
One, the union has negotiated the short tenure policy, who gets tenured after that short a period. (and remember what tenure means to them "practically impossible to fire").
Now look at the teachers who are there basically to get a check, there is no incentive for them to do better. God forbid they put incentives in place to encourage higher performance. What's the point in performing better.... they won’t pay any more and if they do next to nothing they can't be fired.
I believe that given incentives, and the fact that your job is on the line for non performance that teachers could turn even the CA school system around.

Jesster
09-25-2007, 10:16 PM
This is probably one of the most _____ comments I have ever seen. They get what they get because the market has been set by the big 3. That and they have a reputation for high quality that people are willing to pay the extra for. They can take their piece of the truck market by asking more for the product and still add to their bottom line.
Example: If somebody were selling widgets for a set price and you came along with a widget and a reputation for high quality would you charge significantly less for your widget or charge the same or slightly more and add to your bottom line. Economics dude.

Kilrtoy
09-26-2007, 07:17 AM
Now look at the teachers who are there basically to get a check,
Every profession has these people
You can substitute teacher for
fireman, policeman, doctor, crane worker, store clerk, receptionist, boat builder, lawyer, I could go on and on. I think the point is made and hopefully taken

Kilrtoy
09-26-2007, 07:23 AM
Yup, what happens in LA obviously applies to the entire rest of the country. .
UM news flash the entire country is having a ILLEGAL ALIEN PROBLEM.
I'm not talking about bilingual ed, but the trend over the past thirty years or so. The US has failed to keep up with the education levels of other countries, with a continuous downward trend, as the various education unions have grown in power, and also been paid more, relative to inflation, than thier similarly educated peers. .
Now I know you have a few years on me, so clearly you must be aware the US is falling behind in EVERYTHING, not just education. And yes Private school education is also falling from years past.
This has nothing to do with bussing, but does have to do with Occam's Razor - the most obvious solution is most likely the correct one.
YES the obvious solution is DEPORT EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM AND THE KIDS THAT WERE ILLEGALLY BORN HERE.

little rowe boat
09-26-2007, 08:23 AM
Here we go again. The elitists must have nothing better to do than bash unions.:rolleyes:

ChumpChange
09-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Really...I started in the fire sprinkler business when there still were 8 tracks. And we still put the pipes in manually 1 pipe at a time. Now the engineering side has changed from hand drawn plans to cadd and even to 3D. You can't compare a grocery store union to a commercial union contractor. :)
Do you do charity work or special pricing for Churches? :D

n8dawg
09-26-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm Local 12 Operator/Engineer.
AND I THINK UNIONS SUCK!!!!! UNIONS ARE FOR LAZY PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT TO WORK AND DEPEND ON THERE UNION WAY TO MUCH! I'LL TAKE PREVAILING WAGE OVER UNION WAGE ANY F-ING DAY!!!

sleekcraft80
09-26-2007, 09:27 AM
I was in Carpenters local 933 about 17 years ago. I was was on an industrial project where could have been killed. I was a welder for the carpenters and a blast of water from a water wagon layed me out just before I struck an arc. Needless to say, the union would not back me up on this. They threatened to kick me and the steward out of the union brought it up. They said they might lose the contract with the company. So in other words the contract was worth more to them than my well being. So after that I demanded my book and a few choice words and let them know how f####d up they are and never went back.

catman-do
09-26-2007, 09:38 AM
I had a question in regards to the union and the automakers. Are the automakers able to say "fock the unions", and just dump everyone then re-hire people that are not union members?
I personally was a member of the grocery workers union, and they didnt do sht for me but take my wages every week. My personal thoughts on the grocery workers going on strike was that most these people I worked with did not deserve to make the money they did, let alone get a pay increase. Foul mouthed, uneducated, skills anyone can learn within a week or so.... I always thought if I were upper mgmt in the grocery chain then I would just tell them to fock off... If the unions get told to shove it a little more often, then some of these useless ones would die out.
I agree for making work places safer, and having people make a little more that deserve it, but a cashier at the grocery store making $25 hr!!! Thats BS!!
There are plenty of people out of work right now in many industries (company shut down), including me! Be thankfull your company is still in business and you have a job, is the way I think about it.

Big Warlock
09-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Unions are somewhat similar in practice to the government.
Union retirement and social security. Very similar. If you took that same money and placed it in a bank at simple interest, we would all be multi, multi millionairs (sp?).

Jesster
09-27-2007, 07:11 AM
Every profession has these people
You can substitute teacher for
fireman, policeman, doctor, crane worker, store clerk, receptionist, boat builder, lawyer, I could go on and on. I think the point is made and hopefully taken
Every profession does have these people but in professions that don't have unions the employees are compensated for going above and beyond. The unions equalize everybody and don’t allow pay for performance. I’m not saying there are no teachers that go above and beyond but they would probably go further and there would be more of them doing it if unions supported it. I think the point is made and hopefully taken.

rlj676
09-27-2007, 08:36 AM
It seems the only people who are "pro union" are those who are overpaid because of it. If you can't leave your union job and make the same elsewhere on the free market, than you are OVERPAID by the union strongarming the company. These are generally the unions most people dislike, ie the UAW.
Then admittadly from other former union members of unions that didn't work this tactic, they gained nothing but headache and dues paid.
This makes me think that unions are of no value at all, other than to overinflate some groups salaries by threats, violence, etc.
I worked hard in HS, college, and grad school to give me opportunities to earn. Why should I have done that when I could have just gotten in the right group that demanded I get paid top dollar, wether or not I work hard, have an education, or basically deserve it at all. Now that sounds like an ASSHOLE to me.

sstjet
09-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Well if you don't like the Unions then you ought to leave THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Funny everyone in this country is UNITED. I also find it funny that most people in this country have become worried about their health insurance. I'm not worried at all because my UNION fights for me to have Great health insurance and I don't have to contribute a dime. Alot of people in this country are worried about their retirement. I'm not worried when I get $10.60/hr toward a pension, above and beyond what I get paid.

sstjet
09-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Unions The Anti-theft Device For The Working Man.

sstjet
09-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Unions, The People Who Brought You The Weekend.

djunkie
09-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Unions The Anti-theft Device For The Working Man.
Thats a good one. :D

Jesster
09-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Well if you don't like the Unions then you ought to leave THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Funny everyone in this country is UNITED. I also find it funny that most people in this country have become worried about their health insurance. I'm not worried at all because my UNION fights for me to have Great health insurance and I don't have to contribute a dime. Alot of people in this country are worried about their retirement. I'm not worried when I get $10.60/hr toward a pension, above and beyond what I get paid.
Tell this to all the people that were union and the union literally forced the company into bankruptcy and the government took it over with the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation (PBGC). What’s your union going to do for you then.
Keep demanding high wages from your employers, they will give it to you because they have no choice. But when they go bankrupt because of it see what your union does for you then.

OGShocker
09-29-2007, 02:55 PM
My comment was not directed at you, it was directed at the original poster. Bring on the wit...but leave the metal bar in the shop...:D
I can't, I am full of Banger & Mash.:D
Ziggy! We are staying at an Apt, right next to THE London Bridge. Yeah, I have seen it.