PDA

View Full Version : Hydrostream Vegas XT 20 Ft

slownugly
07-16-2002, 12:33 PM
I am new to boating and am looking to buy my first boat. Lets here you opinions on this:
1985 Hydrostream Vegas XT 20 Ft, with 1985 Yamaha Special K 220+ motor.And 1985 trailer Motor has low water pick-up, and very low hours. Boat has jack plate, dual steering, hull is in excellent condition, 3 props.

pgf127rt
07-16-2002, 03:21 PM
slownugly, I have a 20' Eliminaor Scorpion picklefork tunnel with a 225 Merc, in excellent condition for sale down here in the Ft. Worth area, my e-mail is in my profile.

ratso
07-16-2002, 07:53 PM
I love HydroStreams but I would rather have the Eliminator (all other things being equal)

Whatboat
07-18-2002, 05:06 PM
Lets get some opinions on this. slownugly wants to buy what is probably a upper 80 mph boat (?). His first boat he says. I mean no disrespect slownugly, you may be very capable of handling it but How does everyone feel about sharing a lake with a inexperienced boater in a high perf boat. Maybe I'm paranoid or something. I've seen alot of stupid things on the water. Or maybe I'm Gay.
Goodluck s n u. A properly setup hydrostream would be a awesome first boat. Just take your time getting use to it..

WILDTHING
07-18-2002, 07:38 PM
That is "SHIT" my first boat "HST" Hydrostream,V8 RUDE. This is how you learn,just keep everything down-trim-jackplate, pin it and it will ride high for a few second's and then pin her and let her buck, lifting the jackplate as you do this,stick with the 1" below the pad and experiment.DON'T GO FULL THROTTLE TILL YOU SEE WHAT THIS BOAT WILL DO!........KIM HANSON..

slownugly
07-19-2002, 04:02 AM
Thanks wildthing for understanding. This is MY first boat, so I am new to boat buying. I have pulled many wakeboards on my buddies ski supreme, and have driven a jet boat,BBC but I dont know what kind, a few times. I want a fast boat, that I can grow into. I am not some kid looking for a boat. I have been into bikes all my life and have had my share of time on a drag strip, I am not dead yet.
Also I should have posted the price on the hydrostream is 5500.00 making it a very affordable, hopefullly very fast, boat. I wanted to know if the brand itself was worth buying? I am thinking a boat this sweet, with a 220 and a trailer? Something is wrong.
[ July 19, 2002, 05:05 AM: Message edited by: slownugly ]

WILDTHING
07-19-2002, 03:23 PM
slownugly..
Just have a compression test done and look at the oil in leg buy taken out the lower screw and it should NOT look milky, best yet have him take you for a spin in it.Much easier to look and listen for gremlins.Make sure that jackplate move's and doesn't stick up at all,make sure the trim & tilt work.Also with the ride after he takes it out of the water remove remove plug's and see if alot of water has been taken on...( . )( . )..KIM HANSON.....

WILDTHING
07-19-2002, 05:54 PM
slownugly
try this place out
http://www.screamandfly.com/