PDA

View Full Version : USC Fans.

donzi5150
09-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Can any of you help me with the polls? Why the hell is USC still number one when they have only played a number 14 team, played only three games and have allowed 55 points scored against them?
LSU has played a number 7 and number 12 team, played 4 games and have only allowed 23 points scored against them!
GEAUX TIGERS!

willowrat
09-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Can any of you help me with the polls? Why the hell is USC still number one when they have only played a number 14 team, played only three games and have allowed 55 points scored against them?
LSU has played a number 7 and number 12 team, played 4 games and have only allowed 23 points scored against them!
GEAUX TIGERS! This is so simple. Better coach, players, tougher division and tradition.
FIGHT ON!!!

Havasu1986
09-25-2007, 11:01 AM
GEAUX TIGERS!
The BCS or computer polls don't come out for a couple more games. :confused:

Baja Big Dog
09-25-2007, 11:01 AM
The main differance is USC plays 3 quarters, LSU plays 4....:eek:

That Guy
09-25-2007, 11:03 AM
GEAUX TIGERS!
I am guessing you will find out in January.....:D Not a big SC fan but they are so fast and talented and seem to be able to turn it on when needed. I wouldn't bet against them...I'm afraid that linebacking group will do some damage to that 5'6" running back....:eek: :eek: :) and yes, they will catch him...

Jyruiz
09-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Don't know, but we are going to the game on the 6th of Oct.

mbrown2
09-25-2007, 11:08 AM
Maybe because the voters are thinking LSU's coach was wrong with his USC having an easier road comments earlier this summer...
Heading into this weekend the Pac10 has 4 undefeated teams and I think the voters, for at least this season, are giving the division the ranking they deserve...
In addition, those points against were mainly against 2nd and 3rd string teams after the game was decided.

THOR
09-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Heading into this weekend the Pac10 has 4 undefeated teams and I think the voters, for at least this season, are giving the division the ranking they deserve...
Yep,
the PAC 10 is #2. Right where they belong.

donzi5150
09-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Touger division? USC plays about 4 good teams a year........SEC can you say Florida? Tennessee? Alabama? Arkansas? Auburn? Georgia? Kentucky? There are 6 SEC teams in the top 25, what other conference has that many? Plus the play in the SEC championship, so what conference has the toughest schedule?

THOR
09-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Touger division? USC plays about 4 good teams a year........SEC can you say Florida? Tennessee? Alabama? Arkansas? Auburn? Georgia? Kentucky? There are 6 SEC teams in the top 25, what other conference has that many? Plus the play in the SEC championship, so what conference has the toughest schedule?
My beloved Auburn Tigers are not worth a crap this year, let alone in the top 25.

donzi5150
09-25-2007, 11:20 AM
"My beloved Auburn Tigers are not worth a crap this year, let alone in the top 25."
I was reminiscing about last year.........You can jump on the other Tiger band wagon......all the way to the BCS Championship!

mbrown2
09-25-2007, 12:19 PM
You sound like your living in the past....maybe go and check Tenn, Ark and Auburn's record....Tenn's has been walloped good.....and even Florida had a scare last week from a nobody 1-3...and that's why they got jumped in the standings.....One thing about either conference is once you are into the schedule its tough to make it out without 1 or 2 losses so hopefully the conference strength of either will help the rankings of those teams that win their conference. :)

unleashed
09-25-2007, 12:58 PM
There needs to be more pac10 vs SEC games each year for this discussion to really mean anything. I think the last 10 years the pac-10 is 8-7 against the SEC. There are up and down years for each conference. Its pretty much a toss-up....until more games are scheduled. If you like the SEC you'll be biased towards them..if you like the pac-10 the same. Im a pac-10 fan(UCLA fan)and I think this year is a strong year for the whole conference.
Deano
UnleashedHardcoreApparel (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

XtrmWakeborder
09-25-2007, 03:08 PM
They only play 3 quarters for godsakes. The second string is in there when the teams score all of the points. LSU stays in the whole time and racks up points because they don't want Florida to overtake them. USC doesn't have to worry. Do you really think VT should be ranked btw? Not a chance, watch their games. They look horrible. Don't worry, i'm sure we will see who is better at the end of the season.

Jyruiz
09-25-2007, 03:10 PM
They only play 3 quarters for godsakes. The second string is in there when the teams score all of the points. LSU stays in the whole time and racks up points because they don't want Florida to overtake them. USC doesn't have to worry. Do you really think VT should be ranked btw? Not a chance, watch their games. They look horrible. Don't worry, i'm sure we will see who is better at the end of the season.
Thats one reason I can't get to into college football, it is an opinion system and there is bias by the people who vote. I still enjoy going to the games though as they are free and and so is the food and drinks.:D

donzi5150
09-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Some how I think you are right about the last one in seeing who is the best. I just hope USC does not cry about a dual Championship again like in 2003.....:)

mbrown2
09-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Some how I think you are right about the last one in seeing who is the best. I just hope USC does not cry about a dual Championship again like in 2003.....:)
We might disagree on conferences...but your avitar is really cool!:)

SoCal Builder
09-25-2007, 04:55 PM
All those raw Louisana crawfish you've been eating have gone to your head!

willowrat
09-25-2007, 06:52 PM
Yep,
the PAC 10 is #2. Right where they belong. Matt Leinart's 1st game was against the #1 ranked Auburn Tigers in Auburn. I believe they spanked them 22 to nothing.
The only reason LSU had a share of the title was because the coaches had to vote for them because of the BCS contract. That cannot happen again.
GO TROJANS!!!

THOR
09-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Matt Leinart's 1st game was against the #1 ranked Auburn Tigers in Auburn. I believe they spanked them 22 to nothing.
The only reason LSU had a share of the title was because the coaches had to vote for them because of the BCS contract. That cannot happen again.
GO TROJANS!!!
Yep,
you are right that they beat Auburn. But, the facts are the SEC is faster and stronger. Anyone who watches football can make that observation without much of dispute. You are one of the few that thinks, or wants to think otherwise. Plus, the share of the title doesnt mean a thing as the LSU tigers won the BCS title game. The facts are that USC won one title recently, not two. Where were you and the bandwagon in the 90's? I would assume you were either on the UCLA bandwagon or hiding under a rock with the other SC fans.

XtrmWakeborder
09-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Yep,
you are right that they beat Auburn. But, the facts are the SEC is faster and stronger. Anyone who watches football can make that observation without much of dispute. You are one of the few that thinks, or wants to think otherwise. Plus, the share of the title doesnt mean a thing as the LSU tigers won the BCS title game. The facts are that USC won one title recently, not two. Where were you and the bandwagon in the 90's? I would assume you were either on the UCLA bandwagon or hiding under a rock with the other SC fans.
I was in the stands watching them get beat by Washington and UCLA.... lol

THOR
09-25-2007, 07:51 PM
I was in the stands watching them get beat by Washington and UCLA.... lol
At least you admit it. Well done.

JAY4SPEED
09-25-2007, 08:00 PM
The BCS system sucks. In an opinion based system there will always be a bias. I was told not too long ago that there are 11 poll voters in Louisiana and 60 in California, is there any truth to that? I'd love to see a showdown between LSU and USC.
GEAUX TIGERS!!

acatitude
09-25-2007, 08:03 PM
The main differance is USC plays 3 quarters, LSU plays 4....:eek:
and there you have it loser

XtrmWakeborder
09-25-2007, 08:04 PM
The BCS system sucks. In an opinion based system there will always be a bias. I was told not too long ago that there are 11 poll voters in Louisiana and 60 in California, is there any truth to that? I'd love to see a showdown between LSU and USC.
GEAUX TIGERS!!
I'm pretty sure you will. Ps. you ready for the Bucs to take on the sAINTS?!:) Oh wait, already happened. lol

JAY4SPEED
09-25-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm pretty sure you will. Ps. you ready for the Bucs to take on the sAINTS?!:) Oh wait, already happened. lol
Yeah I know, it has gotten ugly pretty quick. I was at the game last night watching my Saints getting whipped up on by the Titans. It made me sick to my stomach or was that the extra spicy bloody mary???
Jay

XtrmWakeborder
09-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Yeah I know, it has gotten ugly pretty quick. I was at the game last night watching my Saints getting whipped up on by the Titans. It made me sick to my stomach or was that the extra spicy bloody mary???
Jay
Don't feel too bad, the titans are way under rated. They almost beat the colts...

bignet
09-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Matt Leinart's 1st game was against the #1 ranked Auburn Tigers in Auburn. I believe they spanked them 22 to nothing.
GO TROJANS!!!
Finally, a man who knows wtf he's talking about. Pete Carroll has always had to much class to rub another teams nose into the ground. Not many SC fans like that, but he doesn't have to answer to us. As for the sharing BCS title comment, we won't be sharing it this year! GO TROJANS!
Fight On!
:devil:
bignet

skygod73
09-26-2007, 02:35 AM
Yep,
Funny you want to talk facts. USC 5 straight BCS bowls 4-1 record. USC 4 straight top 4 finishes. SC owns the SEC under Pete Caroll, 2-0 vs Auburn including 23-0 @ Auburn, 2-0 vs Arkansas hanging 70 and 50 on the hogs. Put away your Kool Aid and study the FACTS. Here's some interesting stuff I found on a college football site.
USC's record over the last five years is 59-6 including an out of conference (OOC) record against BCS teams of 16-2. LSU has gone 52-13 (7-3 OOC BCS), Auburn 50-14 (6-5 OOC BCS including two losses to USC) and Florida 45-18 (5-7 OOC BCS). How can we fairly compare the strength of a conference when they rarely play anyone from outside their conference affiliations and when they do, they post mediocre results at best. I guess I have been brainwashed to believe the SEC is a far superior conference and maybe from top-to-bottom it is, but how do we know for sure when it seems that all they are doing is padding their records with patsies OOC and playing competitive games in conference. Another interesting fact concerning USC and its scheduling: In the past five years, USC's winning percentage in conference is virtually the same as it is against OOC BCS teams (37-4 vs. 16-2). Would USC's record be as good if it was in the SEC, we can never know for sure, but my guess here is yes because it would be forced to dumb down their OOC schedules like the rest of the conference (no more home and homes with Nebraska, Ohio State and Notre Dame) and focus on the big conference games instead. Pete Carroll's record in big games at USC is pretty strong.

willowrat
09-26-2007, 05:48 AM
Yep,
I've been an SC fan since Anthony Davis. You probably do not know who he his. Yes we had about 10 bad years but I was loyal.
We are sticking our chests out now. I hope LSU hangs because we will do to them what we did to Oklahoma a few years ago.

THOR
09-26-2007, 06:35 AM
I've been an SC fan since Anthony Davis. You probably do not know who he his. Yes we had about 10 bad years but I was loyal.
We are sticking our chests out now. I hope LSU hangs because we will do to them what we did to Oklahoma a few years ago.
Maybe SC will do to LSU what they did to Texas? Who knows. ;)
And, any self respecting football man knows who Anthony Davis is.

THOR
09-26-2007, 06:39 AM
Would USC's record be as good if it was in the SEC, we can never know for sure, but my guess here is yes because it would be forced to dumb down their OOC schedules like the rest of the conference (no more home and homes with Nebraska, Ohio State and Notre Dame) and focus on the big conference games instead. Pete Carroll's record in big games at USC is pretty strong.
You will never know because you dont have Florida, LSU, Tenn, South Carolina, Auburn, Bama, Arkansas, Georgia in your conference. Funny how you dont think the SEC is the strongest yet most, if not all experts do. Maybe I read and listen to others that you have never heard of. I tend to agree with the experts though and think the SEC is the best and the PAC 10 is second.

donzi5150
09-26-2007, 07:25 AM
The problem with the PAC 10 and USC's schedule they don't play big physical team's everyweek, that wears on teams and there are lot's of injuries. Most Pac 10 teams tend to be faster and smaller. Also, any team in the SEC has the potential to upset on any good day, look at Ole Miss last week they almost pulled the upset........There is a reason Florida State did not go to the SEC back in the hayday and went to the ACC.......Can you say Scared?:)

mbrown2
09-26-2007, 07:51 AM
Yep,
Gotta luv Thor....he is consistent....he still uses the bandwagon come back 4 years later and when he gets really upset because SC continues to dominate and Auburn continues to be a cellar dwellar he will debate your right to support your team because you did not graduate from there...:):)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29542&highlight=auburn+usc
Go Empire! :)

THOR
09-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Gotta luv Thor....he is consistent....he still uses the bandwagon come back 4 years later and when he gets really upset because SC continues to dominate and Auburn continues to be a cellar dwellar he will debate your right to support your team because you did not graduate from there...:):)
I am not saying that in the least here. But, associating yourselves with any team and calling it "my" team is completely random and makes little sense. Auburn a cellar dwellar? You wish. Auburn (and other teams) have been playing ball for more years than "your" school has been in existance. I only hope you could make it down to the south for a game or two to see what tradition and honor means. I cant explain it to you because you just dont have it here on the west coast. Trust me, I am a big west coast supporter, but you all are blinded by the shadow of the bandwagon. :D

socalmofo
09-26-2007, 08:33 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself. Same song and dance every year.

River Lynchmob
09-26-2007, 08:35 AM
We can settle this argument in Jan in the big easy. BTW when I was at SC I never saw us beat UCLA (8 straight losses) or ND (11 straight losses) that was the Paul Hackett era (talk about pain) so I will take the chance to dance when I can. Can we say the shoe feels much better on the other foot. :D

willowrat
09-26-2007, 08:35 AM
Do you, by chance, mean the year that Oklahoma was the team of the decade and USC hung a double nickel on their ass by halftime? Or were you talking about a different year?
I thought they were the team of the century that year!!! HAAHAHA!!!
I was at the game when Oklahoma was #2 and SC #3. Rodney Pete quarterbacked SC. Jamall Hollaway, from Los Angelas, quarterback Oklahoma. We spanked em then as well.

willowrat
09-26-2007, 08:38 AM
I am not saying that in the least here. But, associating yourselves with any team and calling it "my" team is completely random and makes little sense. Auburn a cellar dwellar? You wish. Auburn (and other teams) have been playing ball for more years than "your" school has been in existance. I only hope you could make it down to the south for a game or two to see what tradition and honor means. I cant explain it to you because you just dont have it here on the west coast. Trust me, I am a big west coast supporter, but you all are blinded by the shadow of the bandwagon. :D
Good news-Your local High School team, Huntington Beach Edison, is a winner.

Not So Fast
09-26-2007, 08:43 AM
I'm not a big, big fan of USC but I like to watch them and if you have to wonder why they are ranked where they are then you've been on planet Pluto for the past 6 years or so. My God man, what does a program have to do to be considered a modern day dynasty?? So big deal if they lost to UCLA right, inter-city rivalaries are very hotly contested and the book goes out the window, no telling who will win. USC is right where they belong IMO ;) NSF

THOR
09-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself. Same song and dance every year.
Fair enough. Why not root for UCLA? SDSU? Fresno State? Those are all west coast teams. Any particular reason USC? Just curious why you and MBrown claim USC as 'your' team.
Please hang up the phone with TrojanDan. He will show up here shortly. :D

River Lynchmob
09-26-2007, 08:52 AM
Lets look at tradition...
First game
USC: 1888
Auburn: 1892
National Championships
USC: 11
Auburn: 1
Conference titles
USC: 36
Auburn: 10
Heisman winners
USC: 7
All Americans
USC: 144
Auburn: 62
Know your facts before you talk about whos been playing what longser and the tradition. :idea:
I will give you that the team support in the SEC is better than the west coast by far, but we do have tradition out here as well. :D

mbrown2
09-26-2007, 08:55 AM
Fair enough. Why not root for UCLA? SDSU? Fresno State? Those are all west coast teams. Any particular reason USC? Just curious why you and MBrown claim USC as 'your' team.
LOL....I like that last line!:)
Actually I do root for UCLA except when they play SC...and had to root for SC when they suxd for so many years.......I also like to see Fresno State do well.....I always like to root for the local talent.
More ironic as since we have been jabbing at each other for the last several years I try and root for Auburn when I get them see them play....got Direct Gameplan just so I could see more east coast games as I have not had the chance to see any in person......That whole Tenn vibe where you get to boat in and see the game and boat out just seems like something the folks on this forum would really be into.
As boating season comes to end, I love these forums for at the least the football joking banter we get going:)
Since moving to AZ I am starting to root for AZ teams....so call me a bandwagonner cause I try and support the local teams....I will continue to root for the teams I always have...SC, and the Lakers...(unless they don't get their $hit together then I am off that wagon)...but I have been trying on some cool SUNS hats lately! :)

THOR
09-26-2007, 08:57 AM
Lets look at tradition...
I will give you that the team support in the SEC is better than the west coast by far, but we do have tradition out here as well. :D
Fairly accurate but not exactly correctly. Alabama Polytechnical Institute was first established to provide school to the families of the civil war soldiers back in the mid 1800's. Then the name was change to Auburn University. Thus, sports began then too for the school and its affiliates.
Again, a little more heritage and tradition than you know of.

THOR
09-26-2007, 09:00 AM
LOL....I like that last line!:)
Actually I do root for UCLA except when they play SC...and had to root for SC when they suxd for so many years.......I also like to see Fresno State do well.....I always like to root for the local talent.
More ironic as since we have been jabbing at each other for the last several years I try and root for Auburn when I get them see them play....got Direct Gameplan just so I could see more east coast games as I have not had the chance to see any in person......That whole Tenn vibe where you get to boat in and see the game and boat out just seems like something the folks on this forum would really be into.
As boating season comes to end, I love these forums for at the least the football joking banter we get going:)
Since moving to AZ I am starting to root for AZ teams....so call me a bandwagonner cause I try and support the local teams....I will continue to root for the teams I always have...SC, and the Lakers...(unless they don't get their $hit together then I am off that wagon)...but I have been trying on some cool SUNS hats lately! :)
I agree. The bantering is awesome. SWBob and I go back and forth to no end. I love this crap with all of you except when some people (not you) get butt hurt and start calling the school 'my' school. The only real thing that gets me going is how some say "we" kicked the shit out of you. WTF? Who is we? I went to Auburn and still dont say we like I had anything to do with it. I never played college football.
SUNS? Not the Indians? LMAO

DeltaSigBoater
09-26-2007, 09:04 AM
Good news-Your local High School team, Huntington Beach Edison, is a winner.
There are 4 High Schools in Huntington Beach;
Huntington Beach, Marina, Edison, & Ocean View

mbrown2
09-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Fairly accurate but not exactly correctly. Alabama Polytechnical Institute was first established to provide school to the families of the civil war soldiers back in the mid 1800's. Then the name was change to Auburn University. Thus, sports began then too for the school and its affiliates.
Again, a little more heritage and tradition than you know of.
Civil War? Did'nt they lose that one too? Boy they have been losing a long time..:)
Still wondering what the Indians meant?....I already got DBacks Wagon hats..:)

Lavey5150
09-26-2007, 09:29 AM
That will never happen again...Fight On....................

socalmofo
09-26-2007, 09:42 AM
I actually looked at the polls last week and saw USC was #1 so I decided that was my new team.:idea: I actually have been a fan for a long time. I just don't express it loudly anymore, everytime you say you are a USC fan someone like yourself who is a fan of another school, who can't get it together, seems to think USC fans are only bandwagon fans. USC couldn't possibly have some true fans:rolleyes:
Why are you always hung up on the S.E.C.? Is that what a fan does when they're team is average at best, they become a fan of the conference? It's sad when you have to justify why your team is so mediocre by telling everyone how good the conference is.

mbrown2
09-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Shows you what happens when you play a tough out of conference schedule. ;)
ROTFLMAO....:):) :)

skygod73
09-26-2007, 09:52 AM
You will never know because you dont have Florida, LSU, Tenn, South Carolina, Auburn, Bama, Arkansas, Georgia in your conference. Funny how you dont think the SEC is the strongest yet most, if not all experts do. Maybe I read and listen to others that you have never heard of. I tend to agree with the experts though and think the SEC is the best and the PAC 10 is second.
I also agree that the SEC is the top conf, however it's not as far ahead as you think. The bottom line that none of the SEC lovers can dispute is that USC has whooped SEC a$$ head to head. All you SEC guys say is we lost because we beat each other up during the season, but when SC hung a doughnut on AU it was the first game of the season. Every time the SEC had the chance to prove it against the Trojans they've been SPANKED! I bet if the SEC was 4-0 against SC we'd never hear the end of it.
River Lynchmob pretty much summed it up.
National Championships
USC: 11
Conference titles
USC: 36
Auburn: 10
Heisman winners
USC: 7
All Americans
USC: 144
Auburn: 62
Can any team from the SEC match these numbers? Maybe all of them combined? Your fans are the most devoted, I'll give you that. The SEC homers are so busy drinking their own Kool Aid they can't see anything objectively. These passionate arguments are why I love college football though!!!:)
BTW SEC homers, the state of CA has the most players in the NFL followed by FL and TX.:cool:

skygod73
09-26-2007, 10:00 AM
I agree that is a big part, but NY is also... I was just establishing the fact that for all of the perception that the PAC 10 and west coast football is soft many of the other conferences come out here and raid the talent pool. The number of guys on the NFL shows how much legit talent is on the west coast.

THOR
09-26-2007, 10:06 AM
CA is the most populous state, so that would only stand to reason.
Thanks for pointing out the obvious Bob.
Pull up the NFL players by conference. I would interested to see where they stack up. I would think the Big 10, Big 12, SEC and Pac 10 are fairly tightly grouped.

THOR
09-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Why are you always hung up on the S.E.C.? Is that what a fan does when they're team is average at best, they become a fan of the conference? It's sad when you have to justify why your team is so mediocre by telling everyone how good the conference is.
I am not justifying crap. AU is middle of the road this year. But, the SEC is still the toughest top to bottom according to the experts. I dont have to justify a thing. I went to both AU and UNLV. Trust me, I know what bad football is all about. ;) But, I have been to many USC games and the atmosphere is lacking in terms of tradition and heritage. Just my opinion. Nothing like a southern football game.

DeltaSigBoater
09-26-2007, 10:11 AM
2007 NCAA Division IA Football Ranks
1. USC 3-0 w/ 9+ reamining
100. San Diego State 1-2 w/ 9 remaining
I went to San Diego State, I was a USC fan before I went there, while I was there, and even now.

mbrown2
09-26-2007, 10:14 AM
The reason I know this is because we had this same debate two years ago.
And you will be having it 2 years from now if ***boat can keep this website up!:)

TrojanDan
09-26-2007, 10:40 AM
You rang? Sorry, been busy finishing up things here at work before my 10am flight to Seattle tomorrow. Yes, SC plays UW this weekend. How many away games are you going to make to Auburn this year? :D Has Auburn even played an away game this year? Damn! :confused:
I didn't get suckered into this thread because anybody who knows anything about SC football knows Pete doesn't go for the style points. Hell I don't even bet the spread because they seldom cover. Pete's philosophy of playing young guys helps nuture them in the future (it also gives up points in the 4th quarter). That's why you don't see a huge drop off in position from year to year. Like the cliche, SC doesn't re-build, they reload.

TrojanDan
09-26-2007, 10:48 AM
But, I have been to many USC games and the atmosphere is lacking in terms of tradition and heritage. Just my opinion. Nothing like a southern football game.
It's not that they lack tradition or heirtage. That, we have plenty of. What you do have are a bunch of old farts sitting in the donor section (goal line to goal line) who yell "down in front" or tell you to stop screaming on 3rd down when we are on defense. WTF! I wish these old farts would scream at the tops of their lungs like the rest of us (season ticket holders) in the end zones and student sections. I'm sure there are plenty of rabid fans between the goal lines but not nearly as many who sit on their hands and text on their Blackberries during the game. I do agree, I wish we had more of a game atmosphere in the Coliseum as you do see in other Big 12/SEC/Big 10 schools. :cool:

willowrat
09-26-2007, 11:00 AM
Thanks for pointing out the obvious Bob.
Pull up the NFL players by conference. I would interested to see where they stack up. I would think the Big 10, Big 12, SEC and Pac 10 are fairly tightly grouped.
Did you notice the stat put up on the TV screen during this past Monday night football game?
Of all the collages represtented in Pro footballs history, USC running backs have gained more yards than any other collage.
I'm not sure if it is true but I heard somewhere that USC has had someone in every Superbowl.

JENKDICK
09-26-2007, 11:08 AM
This is always hilarious. You either hate sc or love them. There is no in between and it seems that all the haters never can argue anything but the point that the sec is stronger than the pac 10. Who really gives a shiit about the conferences they play in? It's all about seeing sc in the championship again and winning again. Last year was supposed to be a rebuiliding year and we were one loss to ucla away from being in the game again. :)

XtrmWakeborder
09-26-2007, 11:45 AM
I root for the trojans, because in jr. high my coach use to take the team to USC football games to show us how real football was played. "Even though they weren't good back then" First college games I have ever gone to, and they are now my team.:D Oh, and CSUF doesn't have a football team, if I liked baseball then i'd be in...

mbrown2
09-26-2007, 12:45 PM
MBrown2, If you are following any of the Arizona schools keep an eye out for the right Offensive tackle for U of A, #77. He is a good friend of mine and blocked for me in high school. I love USC but in the game last year against U of A Eben (my friend) just DOMINATED USC's defensive line.
Just thought I'd say something because they rarely show their games over here and I really love watching him play.
Will do...little bummed about UofA getting off to a tough start...a number of friends go there currently. Really trying to get to an ASU game as it is pretty close to house and the after party don't sux.:)

UltraJet
09-26-2007, 12:52 PM
I am not justifying crap. AU is middle of the road this year. But, the SEC is still the toughest top to bottom according to the experts. I dont have to justify a thing. I went to both AU and UNLV. Trust me, I know what bad football is all about. ;) But, I have been to many USC games and the atmosphere is lacking in terms of tradition and heritage. Just my opinion. Nothing like a southern football game.
What irkes me about USC fans(most of them) is that they pretend "their" team has always been at the top. I played for Oregon during the 90's. We were a very mediocre team back then but one thing I do remember was the totally empty, piece of crap, coliseum that we went to every other year or so. Back then the Huskies used to kick the crap out of USC( remember those days guys). In the late 90's and up to the Pete Carrol era Oregon used to have their way with them(how 'bout those days guys). It's laughable now that USC is back at the top and all of the hollywood idiots are on the sideline and the stadium's full:idea: Try playing a game down in the south and you'll find out what real college football fans are all about(ie. Auburn, Bama, etc.) Now that I have said my peace I think the PAC 10 is the toughest conference this year and hopefully my Ducks kick the $hit out of Cal this weekend. I'm always ready to eat crow though:D

THOR
09-26-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm sure there are plenty of rabid fans between the goal lines but not nearly as many who sit on their hands and text on their Blackberries during the game. I do agree, I wish we had more of a game atmosphere in the Coliseum as you do see in other Big 12/SEC/Big 10 schools. :cool:
You didnt happen to catch Jim Rome a week ago before the Nebraska game did you? Did you hear the bit between Huckleberry (i.e., Nebraska fan) vs. Blackberry (USC fan)? I was doubled over laughing in my truck. Classic.
I will agree that the SC fans dont give a 100% like other conferences, but I would bet that the average IQ and/or income level is almost doubled. :)

donzi5150
09-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Thor, another claim you and I can brag about and I don't think a PAC 10 or other team can claim is the LSU Auburn game setting off the Richter scales across campus and registering a small earthquake........I know that was a few years ago......I am sorry SC fans.....LSU will take you.

DeltaSigBoater
09-26-2007, 02:05 PM
It's not that they lack tradition or heirtage. That, we have plenty of. What you do have are a bunch of old farts sitting in the donor section (goal line to goal line) who yell "down in front" or tell you to stop screaming on 3rd down when we are on defense. WTF! I wish these old farts would scream at the tops of their lungs like the rest of us (season ticket holders) in the end zones and student sections. I'm sure there are plenty of rabid fans between the goal lines but not nearly as many who sit on their hands and text on their Blackberries during the game. I do agree, I wish we had more of a game atmosphere in the Coliseum as you do see in other Big 12/SEC/Big 10 schools. :cool:
I wish San Diego State (Qualcomm Stadium) had a fraction of the game atmosphere that the Coliseum has.

mbrown2
09-26-2007, 02:23 PM
What a dream. You can't run on USC and LSU cannot pass the ball well enough to win. You force teams with a very simple passing game into an offense they're not comfortable playing. The reason Pac-10 teams play USC tough is because they almost all run pro style offenses with QBs that will be playing on Sunday in a couple years. The only abhorration to this scenario was Texas, whose QB was the most athletic player on the field. You can't game plan for a Vince Young. Even so, they came within a few ticks of beating a player who played the game of his life and one of the best individual games I've ever seen.
In any case, I hope LSU and USC run the table, so they can settle it on the field, once and for all.
Your comment about PAC 10 offenses and quarterbacks is dead on....
and I will swallow all the crow in world on losing to Vince Young.......yeah, Vince Young, not Texas...that was one of the best individual displays of athleticism I have ever witnessed.....seems he has proved everyone wrong and is just as deadly in the NFL.

willowrat
09-26-2007, 02:48 PM
What irkes me about USC fans(most of them) is that they pretend "their" team has always been at the top. I played for Oregon during the 90's. We were a very mediocre team back then but one thing I do remember was the totally empty, piece of crap, coliseum that we went to every other year or so. Back then the Huskies used to kick the crap out of USC( remember those days guys). In the late 90's and up to the Pete Carrol era Oregon used to have their way with them(how 'bout those days guys). It's laughable now that USC is back at the top and all of the hollywood idiots are on the sideline and the stadium's full:idea: Try playing a game down in the south and you'll find out what real college football fans are all about(ie. Auburn, Bama, etc.) Now that I have said my peace I think the PAC 10 is the toughest conference this year and hopefully my Ducks kick the $hit out of Cal this weekend. I'm always ready to eat crow though:D
You are right about the fans. There is so much to do in Southern Calofornia that if you are not winning the fans will not come. Right now I will pull my boat out of the water to watch an SC game. Well at least the 2nd half.

DeltaSigBoater
09-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Were you around during the Marshall Faulk years? I was. The house was rocking every home game. Maybe if SDSU put a decent product on the field, people would go. I took my kids to a game last year. I will not be back anytime soon because I felt the value was not there. And, I got the tickets for free.
No that was before my time (1999-2005), my dad took me & my brothers to a game in 1992/93, oddly enought they played USC, and it was pretty cool for what I remember.
They got rid of Tom Craft finally, and Im hoping Chuck Long turns the program around. They are 1-2 w/ 9 to go.
The Value definitely isn’t there, when I started student tickets were $5 and they couldn’t get student to attend games. A few years students got FREE tickets, and most students still didn’t go. They spent $30-sum million to build a Trolley station @ SDSU, which the 3rd stop (heading west) is, Qualcomm, and students still don’t go.
Being in a fraternity and liking to tail gate pre-game I got to know a lot of alumni, who’d tell stories about the old days of football in Aztec Bowl, where Cox Arena now stands. I went to a couple games a year, but the majority of the time I had slightly better things to-do. Those who went to the game wouldn’t want to do anything that night, not because they were drunk, but because they lost.
San Diego State is my Team, because that is where I went to school, but I will always be a loyal fan of The University of Southern California, Trojan Football.
Go Aztecs & Fight On!

socalmofo
09-26-2007, 03:11 PM
I am sorry SC fans.....LSU will take you.
Tell me in what aspects of the game does LSU dominate USC, as they sit right now? Are you just being a fan and rooting for your team or do you honestly think LSU is a better football team all the way around?

skygod73
09-26-2007, 04:01 PM
Your comment about PAC 10 offenses and quarterbacks is dead on....
and I will swallow all the crow in world on losing to Vince Young.......yeah, Vince Young, not Texas...that was one of the best individual displays of athleticism I have ever witnessed.....seems he has proved everyone wrong and is just as deadly in the NFL.
I am still bitter about that loss! If Reggie doesn't stick his head up his a$$ give the ball away and cost SC a touchdown we would be talking about 3 time champs. That said, Vince Young was a BEAST. Of all the years to face him it had to be the year with the weakest defense!:mad:

THOR
09-26-2007, 06:54 PM
I am still bitter about that loss! If Reggie doesn't stick his head up his a$$ give the ball away and cost SC a touchdown we would be talking about 3 time champs. That said, Vince Young was a BEAST. Of all the years to face him it had to be the year with the weakest defense!:mad:
Dont you mean 2 championships. You won the BCS and were voted in the following. ;)
Thor <--- stirring the pot

bignet
09-26-2007, 07:53 PM
CA is the most populous state, so that would only stand to reason.
Not true Bob. Many of those Blue-Chip All Americans have a choice of any school to go to. Well not every school, but at least the big schools. Many of my beloved Trojans are from Florida. :idea: So population of the state doesn't mean crap, when blue chippers can come from anywhere.
FIGHT ON!
:devil:
bignet

XtrmWakeborder
09-26-2007, 08:03 PM
The statement, as presented, was that there are more players from CA in the NFL than any other state. Your statement, while factual, has nothing to do with my post. Think of this way, if you were to pick 1500 tax returns, randomly, down at IRS headquarters, the majority would be from CA. That's just simple statistics. 1500 is about how many active NFL players there are at any one time. It's more than an adequate sample size to have a normal population distribution.
Oh statistics, the only mathematics where you can make the numbers do what you want them to do....

XtrmWakeborder
09-26-2007, 08:13 PM
I think we can both agree that CA is the most populous state in the Union. It's not like we're doing anything groundbreaking here, it's along the lines of "hey, I'm flipping a coin, what's the chances it will come up heads." ;)
Hmm If i flipped it three times and it came up heads every time id say 100 percent! lol I'm just messin around

TrojanDan
09-26-2007, 10:06 PM
Dont you mean 2 championships. You won the BCS and were voted in the following. ;)
Don't be a hater! I even congratulated Auburn for their People's National Championship in 2004. That sounds and looks much better than our cheap ass glass football we have displayed in Heritage Hall! :D
http://auburn.scout.com/2/338643.html

mbrown2
09-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Don't be a hater! I even congratulated Auburn for their People's National Championship in 2004. That sounds and looks much better than our cheap ass glass football we have displayed in Heritage Hall! :D
Pall Wall also claims to be the People's Champ....Southle St. must have joined the SEC...
Caption..."Hmmm...that trophy boy looks midy fine in dem dare tight pants..":)...:)
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/19/191686.jpg

XtrmWakeborder
09-26-2007, 10:35 PM
The next three will be tails. :D
I said 3 times, not 6...:devil: :D

bignet
09-26-2007, 10:47 PM
The next three will be tails. :D
I see what u'r saying...good point. I can still rant! :D
FIGHT ON!

THOR
09-27-2007, 07:16 AM
I thought The Rock was the people's champ? We ripped him off?

THOR
09-27-2007, 07:18 AM
I think we can both agree that CA is the most populous state in the Union. It's not like we're doing anything groundbreaking here, it's along the lines of "hey, I'm flipping a coin, what's the chances it will come up heads." ;)
Here you go SWB
Best states for producing NFL talent:
1. California - 199
2. Florida - 179
3. Texas - 176
4. Georgia - 90
5. Ohio - 78
6. Louisiana - 76
7. Pennsylvania - 58
8. Michigan - 50
9. Virginia - 49
10. South Carolina - 48
and another little something
Percent of NFL players by conference in '05
SEC states -- 31.66%
ACC states -- 26.95%
Big East states - 24.35%
Big 10 states -- 20.46%
Big 12 states -- 17.04%
Pac 10 states -- 16.33%
These are by states to remind you all.

donzi5150
09-27-2007, 09:15 AM
The percentage thing is huge, Louisiana's state population is about equal to Orange County and I am pretty sure Alabama's is some were close.....that being said, and I am no mathematician by all means, the numbers from the SEC looks a lot better.......:)

skygod73
09-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Don't forget the Pac-10 has only 10 teams.

skygod73
09-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Thor <--- stirring the pot
No, I mean 3.:rolleyes: It's not SC's fault they were #1 in both polls but did not play in the BCS title game because a glitch in the BCS system. The fact they modified the BCS to give more weight to the human polls to prevent it from happening again was an admission of guilt. The writers simply corrected the mistake by giving USC it's due (not to mention the AP told the BCS to stop using it's poll). Keep in mind USC was shut out of the game and OU got in even though they didn't even win the Big 12 that year. How the fock do you lose your conference and still play in a nat. title game? You should be mad at the BCS for preventing USC and LSU from meeting. Let's face it the BCS is a joke, but we are not close to getting a playoff. I think a +1 format would solve most of the problem. That would've let USC play LSU in 03-04, AU play USC in 04-05, and either Boise or LSU play Florida last year. Not perfect but at least it's a 4 team playoff.
Nice job stirring Thor!:)
Wouldn't it be great if both teams met this year and each side put up it's share of the split title as a side bet to solve it once and for all!!!

mbrown2
09-27-2007, 10:57 AM
per the 2006 Census
You are really scaring me with pulling Census data into your responses...:)
I am going to need a faster computer, bigger screen for multi windows and bigger internet pipe :)

skygod73
09-27-2007, 11:01 AM
That chart above is not by PAC-10 teams in the NFL, it's by PAC-10 and SEC STATES. So, if you lived in Florida, but went to Ohio State, it's an SEC state. If you lived in CA, but went to Arkansas, it's a PAC-10 state.
It's still pretty impressive, but not nearly as much as when I thought that the SEC states only had like 25 million people combined. Those nine SEC states (GA, MS, LA, FL, SC, TN, KY, AR, AL) have a combined population of ~62 million, per the 2006 Census, as opposed to the PAC-10 states (CA, AZ, WA, OR) with ~52 million.
Thanks Bob, I should've read it thoroughly. Your research on the population of SEC states vs. Pac 10 is interesting, I would not have guessed it.

willowrat
09-27-2007, 11:03 AM
No, I mean 3.:rolleyes: It's not SC's fault they were #1 in both polls but did not play in the BCS title game because a glitch in the BCS system. The fact they modified the BCS to give more weight to the human polls to prevent it from happening again was an admission of guilt. The writers simply corrected the mistake by giving USC it's due (not to mention the AP told the BCS to stop using it's poll). Keep in mind USC was shut out of the game and OU got in even though they didn't even win the Big 12 that year. How the fock do you lose your conference and still play in a nat. title game? You should be mad at the BCS for preventing USC and LSU from meeting. Let's face it the BCS is a joke, but we are not close to getting a playoff. I think a +1 format would solve most of the problem. That would've let USC play LSU in 03-04, AU play USC in 04-05, and either Boise or LSU play Florida last year. Not perfect but at least it's a 4 team playoff.
Nice job stirring Thor!:)
Wouldn't it be great if both teams met this year and each side put up it's share of the split title as a side bet to solve it once and for all!!!
SC can draw from its athlete rich neighbor of Nevada. That should help.
Botttom line is Southern California has more NCAA championships than anyother region in the US.

River Lynchmob
09-27-2007, 11:14 AM
You are really scaring me with pulling Census data into your responses...:)
I am going to need a faster computer, bigger screen for multi windows and bigger internet pipe :)
Sounds like a personal problem :D

XtrmWakeborder
09-27-2007, 12:21 PM
See what I mean when we bring statistics into this? lol

donzi5150
09-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Bye the way USC fans, two games ago for LSU the second sting QB played the whole game due to an injury to Flynn and last week their top receiver was out with a groin injury and Duece MacAllister was out with a......sorry thats for the Saints post.:)

River Lynchmob
09-27-2007, 04:04 PM
By the way one second stringer for the game is not the same as the entire team being second and third stringers for at least the 4th quarter. There goes the SEC again trying to keep up with the Pac 10 ;) :D

mbrown2
09-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Well a sloppy game by SC and some questionable voting has LSU leapfrogging SC in the AP poll....oh'well....hopefully we will get to see in Janunary.

socalmofo
09-30-2007, 11:43 AM
SC Killed themselves with penalties. LSU did a great job as always with another one of their first class opponents!:rolleyes:

wedge44
09-30-2007, 11:59 AM
As a loyal SC fan I knew we would drop in the rankings.....Don't be an SC hater...well be there.....I just didnt' like the calls by the refs for legitimate hits...f'in P*ssies....those were all good hits.....:D :D :D and every hit last night was just like the hit they show on the commerials from the Rose Bowl last year......wedge:D :D :D

XtrmWakeborder
09-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Once we beat Cal and Oregon we will be number 1 again. I don't dissagree with dropping to number two at all. Penalties and people not catching the damn ball killed us.

THOR
09-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Once we beat Cal and Oregon we will be number 1 again. I don't dissagree with dropping to number two at all. Penalties and people not catching the damn ball killed us.
We?
What position do you play? I'll keep an eye out for you. :)

RT21
09-30-2007, 04:02 PM
John Wayne played ball at SC. Now whatcha got SEC? Also, I hear Chuck Norris commited but ended up not signing. Instead opting for a summer tour of Shang-hi.

TrojanDan
09-30-2007, 04:11 PM
We?
We'll I'm glad they (Auburn) finally did something great by beating Urban Crier in the Swamp. UDub stadium was rocking last night. My ears are still ringing. SC played like horse shit but still had the defense to hold. SC won't win again if they do the same to a better opponent. Taking a boat to a football game is the shit! :)
p.s.-Notice I said they (Auburn) and not you, since you didn't play there either. ;)

THOR
09-30-2007, 04:19 PM
We'll I'm glad they (Auburn) finally did something great by beating Urban Crier in the Swamp. UDub stadium was rocking last night. My ears are still ringing. SC played like horse shit but still had the defense to hold. SC won't win again if they do the same to a better opponent. Taking a boat to a football game is the shit! :)
p.s.-Notice I said they (Auburn) and not you, since you didn't play there either. ;)
True dat. They have been doing great things for years Dan, but you cant see through your maroon and gold glasses. ;) Under Tubby, they are 5-0 against top 5 teams. Yep, 5-0. Plus, they one of the best records in the past few seasons along with SC, LSU and Texas. Funny huh? That is tough to do in the SEC.
SC will win Dan, they usually do. That is what good teams do. They win when they have to no matter how good they play.

THOR
09-30-2007, 04:20 PM
John Wayne played ball at SC. Now whatcha got SEC? Also, I hear Chuck Norris commited but ended up not signing. Instead opting for a summer tour of Shang-hi.
Nothing but pride, tradition and heritage. Other than that, not much.

Not So Fast
09-30-2007, 04:27 PM
So they played a lousy game but they won and 5 weeks from now thats still a "W". Dont you all know that when you're ranked #1 even the most outclassed team will usually play way above their ability level to beat you. Booty had probably the worst game of his life but they will be back, you can bet on it. I'm not a fan but appreciate a great program and love to watch a winner, which they are, week in and week out. NSF

XtrmWakeborder
09-30-2007, 05:01 PM
We?
Haha they. happy? splitting hairs over here.:rolleyes:

UltraJet
09-30-2007, 07:01 PM
You planning on making the trip to Eugene. Ever been? If you think UW is loud your in for an awakening. I hope my Ducks can stay up after losing the way they did yesterday. If not, you won't need the earplugs:D

TrojanDan
09-30-2007, 07:35 PM
You planning on making the trip to Eugene. Ever been? If you think UW is loud your in for an awakening. I hope my Ducks can stay up after losing the way they did yesterday. If not, you won't need the earplugs:D
Yup. I was there 2 years ago. Autzen was the second loudest crowd I've heard. I think because of how the upper deck at Husky Stadium is stacked directly above the lower level (on both sidelines), the sound is amplified even more. Might have to go to Oregon and/or CAL games. Problem is ex-SC baseball coach Rod Deadeux was my ticket hook-up before he passed away last year.
Oregon fans are pretty loud too. But what else is there to do in Eugene, Oregon on a Saturday afternoon in the fall?

UltraJet
09-30-2007, 08:03 PM
Yup. I was there 2 years ago. Autzen was the second loudest crowd I've heard. I think because of how the upper deck at Husky Stadium is stacked directly above the lower level (on both sidelines), the sound is amplified even more. Might have to go to Oregon and/or CAL games. Problem is ex-SC baseball coach Rod Deadeux was my ticket hook-up before he passed away last year.
Oregon fans are pretty loud too. But what else is there to do in Eugene, Oregon on a Saturday afternoon in the fall?
Well, the river next to the stadium, the Willamette, is full of salmon and the biggest rainbow trout I've ever seen. :D

RT21
09-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Nothing but pride, tradition and heritage. Other than that, not much.
I guess the humor went right over your head. Nevermind. Continue with this very important discussion.

Baja Big Dog
09-30-2007, 08:24 PM
SC better blow someone for a second rating...they just sucked...period.
Love them, support them...BIL is alumni, but they sucked...

willowrat
09-30-2007, 08:46 PM
True dat. They have been doing great things for years Dan, but you cant see through your maroon and gold glasses. ;) Under Tubby, they are 5-0 against top 5 teams. Yep, 5-0. Plus, they one of the best records in the past few seasons along with SC, LSU and Texas. Funny huh? That is tough to do in the SEC.
SC will win Dan, they usually do. That is what good teams do. They win when they have to no matter how good they play.
Too bad they are 0-1 as number one. Remember Matt Leinart's 1st game. 22 zip with USC on top. Go Tubby.

THOR
10-01-2007, 05:55 AM
Too bad they are 0-1 as number one. Remember Matt Leinart's 1st game. 22 zip with USC on top. Go Tubby.
How did 'you' guys do when you played a number 2 team? Go Longhorns. :D

THOR
10-01-2007, 05:57 AM
Deadeaux? Wow. Impressive Dan. I actually met him as well. Cool guy. I met him on his own field while I was playing there.

River Lynchmob
10-01-2007, 07:54 AM
That was one lousy game. Booty looked like chit but then again I have never been convinced we would live up to his billing. I too do not disagree with SC dropping to #2 after their performance or lack there of on Sat. If they even think about playing like that again at Cal or Autzen there will be two losses, hell if they play like that at ASU there could be three losses.

donzi5150
10-01-2007, 08:48 AM
USC fans is this correct?
:)
AP Poll
1. LSU (33) 5-0 1,593
2. USC (32) 4-0 1,591
3. California 5-0 1,475
4. Ohio State 5-0 1,420
5. Wisconsin 5-0 1,271
6. South Florida 4-0 1,203
7. Boston College 5-0 1,172
8. Kentucky 5-0 1,143
9. Florida 4-1 1,031
10. Oklahoma 4-1 992
Loot at Auburn....thats the thing with the SEC....all teams have the potential to upset in this conference evertime they hit the field.......not just on a good day and when the moon is right......Ole Miss gave a hell of a run for the first half as well as Miss State....and then poor Arkansas running the numbers with 66 like FSU in the 90's.......:idea:

USCFAN
10-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Looks correct to me. After the showing they put on Saturday they deserved to drop to #2 in the polls.

Baja Big Dog
10-01-2007, 10:25 AM
AP Poll
1. LSU (33) 5-0 1,593
2. USC (32) 4-0 1,591
3. California 5-0 1,475
4. Ohio State 5-0 1,420
5. Wisconsin 5-0 1,271
8. Kentucky 5-0 1,143
9. Florida 4-1 1,031
10. Oklahoma 4-1 992
Loot at Auburn....thats the thing with the SEC....all teams have the potential to upset in this conference evertime they hit the field.......not just on a good day and when the moon is right......Ole Miss gave a hell of a run for the first half as well as Miss State....and then poor Arkansas running the numbers with 66 like FSU in the 90's.......:idea:
They should be grateful for the #2, they looked like a number 25 school. when you have more yards in penalties than most teams have in total offense, you have a problem, and I think its called letting a bunch of "kids" think they are invincible, get your shit together Pete, lock up the team, no media, no throwing long passes for the camera's, back to basics, yo have not won a thing yet.
And YES, as I have stated before, I am a large (420 lbs:D ) fan.

socalmofo
10-01-2007, 10:30 AM
I think its called letting a bunch of "kids" think they are invincible, get your shit together Pete, lock up the team, no media, no throwing long passes for the camera's, back to basics, yo have not won a thing yet.
Exactly.....Time to tighten the belt. Booty needs to realize he has not proven anything yet, being a USC quarterback does not make you a lock for a heisman or even a draft pick, he needs to step it up bigtime. I see no intensity out of him. I hope he steps up!

donzi5150
10-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Why are all the Trojan fans avoiding this thread today.....last week I was getting lectured and now no shows.....:)

ChumpChange
10-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Loot at Auburn....thats the thing with the SEC....all teams have the potential to upset in this conference evertime they hit the field.
That comment makes no sense. You can spin in the other way and say that every good team in the SEC conference can lose to a bad team so they all suck.
There is always a chance for an upset...in every conference.....on every day. That is why they play the games.

mbrown2
10-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Why are all the Trojan fans avoiding this thread today.....last week I was getting lectured and now no shows.....:)
What are you talking about....most fans came and said they agreed with the shuffle...I am not so sure about it but it really does not matter since they only swapped in one poll and it will really only matter in Jan when two teams that are 1 and 2 at that time play for the National Championship....
PAC 10 look good this year...lots of teams ranked...that's always a good thing anyway you slice it.

UltraJet
10-01-2007, 07:47 PM
AP Poll
1. LSU (33) 5-0 1,593
2. USC (32) 4-0 1,591
3. California 5-0 1,475
4. Ohio State 5-0 1,420
5. Wisconsin 5-0 1,271
8. Kentucky 5-0 1,143
9. Florida 4-1 1,031
10. Oklahoma 4-1 992
Being a former Duck I don't agree with this BS poll. Florida and Oklahoma lossed to unranked teams(yeah I know Auburn is a good team, but they were unranked). Oregon lossed(barely) but they lossed to Cal who is currently ranked #3. How can they be ranked #13 behing some of these teams. I'm telling you Wisconsin, Kentucky, and BC would get their a$$ handed to them by Oregon.
As you can tell I'm still recovering from Sat.:(

XtrmWakeborder
10-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Being a former Duck I don't agree with this BS poll. Florida and Oklahoma lossed to unranked teams(yeah I know Auburn is a good team, but they were unranked). Oregon lossed(barely) but they lossed to Cal who is currently ranked #3. How can they be ranked #13 behing some of these teams. I'm telling you Wisconsin, Kentucky, and BC would get their a$$ handed to them by Oregon.
As you can tell I'm still recovering from Sat.:(
I've got to agree. It will look better if they are ranked higher when USC beats them.:) :D

UltraJet
10-01-2007, 08:22 PM
I've got to agree. It will look better if they are ranked higher when USC beats them.:) :D
It will most definitely look better for you SC fans to beat on my Ducks if they are in the top 10. However, this Oregon team reminds me of the '01 team. SC better play better in Eugene than they did in Seattle or it's lights out. SC will whip Cal. Longshore is as about as mobile as Dan Marino(1995) and SC will put up a much better pass rush than my Ducks could. The SC/Oregon game will be much better in my opinion.

socalmofo
10-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Who ever said the experts said pac 10 is not as good as the SEC
Lee Corso - "Sec is not better than the pac 10, they are about even"
Kirk Herbstreit "Pac 10 is a better conference"
LSU will not go undefeated, how does beating Tulane, in non convincing fashion put you to #1?

skygod73
10-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Looks to me like the SC fans came on here and manned up. I don't agree with with the switch even though USC looked like chit. You don't bump the #1 team when they win a conference game on the road. The coaches poll still has SC on top. Does LSU ever play a road game? I don't count playing a junior college a few miles from home a road game! Time will tell who the pretenders are.

donzi5150
10-02-2007, 08:42 AM
GEAUX TIGERS!
I go back to the start of this thread about the first 4 games for the Tigers and the first three games for the Trojans.........Talk about schedules and so on.....

donzi5150
10-02-2007, 08:48 AM
And did not USC only win by 3?

socalmofo
10-02-2007, 08:52 AM
And wasn't that game basically tied at halftime or close to it?
I think it was tied at the half - 30-9 victory of Tulane I believe......Way to put the critics to rest. Tulane is nowhere near the caliber of Washington. I don't agree that LSU should have moved up by beating Tulane at home. Maybe they can schedule SDSU next. They are only ranked one lower than Tulane.

socalmofo
10-02-2007, 08:56 AM
And did not USC only win by 3?
That is true, At their house, against a better opponent, division game. Yes they only won by 3. Still better than a 34-9 game against the powerhouse known as Tulane?

THOR
10-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Who ever said the experts said pac 10 is not as good as the SEC
Lee Corso - "Sec is not better than the pac 10, they are about even"
Kirk Herbstreit "Pac 10 is a better conference"
LSU will not go undefeated, how does beating Tulane, in non convincing fashion put you to #1?
Funny how the rest of the world heard something completely opposite than that. Specifically, Herby said the Pac10 is closing on the SEC, but hands down, the SEC is still the best. Just thought you might want to know what they really said.

THOR
10-02-2007, 09:21 AM
Cal is a good, good football team. They are very fast and they will give USC all they can handle. They will play USC tougher than LSU will/would.
I would have to disagree with this statement. I think LSU is one of the fastest and strongest teams out there. Probably THE fastest I have seen. Cal is not where near the talent and strenght level of LSU.

THOR
10-02-2007, 09:28 AM
You can disagree all you want. They are as talented and faster than LSU. They are not as good defensively, but then again they didn't return their entire defense. It wouldn't matter, that offense would run wild, just like they did against Tenn. It looked like a track meet with only one team playing. They are the fastest team in college football.
A 1-1 record against a mediocre SEC team is great for a Pac 10 team. You should be happy as hell.
I will disagree all day with you. I have seen many PAC 10 and SEC games and the SEC is way faster. Those are the facts. Just what I have seen, but what do I know, I only saw them in person.

THOR
10-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Oh, if you saw them in person, that makes all the difference in the world. Everyone knows TV adds 15 pounds and .25 seconds in the 40. ;) Cal is faster than LSU. USC is faster than LSU. I hope LSU can survive against Vanderbilt. I know Vanderbilt is an SEC powerhouse.
This is the same talk I heard when all the SC hopefuls were saying how bad the Big12 and Texas were. Remember? Texas just isnt as fast as SC. How did that turn out for you?
BTW, this crap is awesome. I love it.
Thor <------ love arguing with SWB

essexjet
10-02-2007, 10:21 AM
October 20 I will be a HUGE Auburn fan...GO TIGERS:D :D :D

mbrown2
10-02-2007, 10:33 AM
This is the same talk I heard when all the SC hopefuls were saying how bad the Big12 and Texas were. Remember? Texas just isnt as fast as SC. How did that turn out for you?
They were faster then Texas....well all except Vince Young..:(

donzi5150
10-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Vandy would be a power house if they were in the PAC 10 but not in the SEC........:)

River Lynchmob
10-02-2007, 01:31 PM
USC, Cal, LSU and Florida are the fastest teams in college football in that order. Every team that plays SC the head coach after the game always says they look fast on film but it is nothing to seeing them in person. Every coach last year said they are the fastest team they have ever seen or played. Brown is right that SC was faster than Texas they just had one guy that was too good.

donzi5150
10-02-2007, 02:18 PM
Fast does not really matter when you go against the number one defense and to quote Mike Ditka, "Defense is what championships are made of." Those fast boys of USC are going to get their jock handed to them by Dorsey.......and I do believe LSU had two first round drafts from the defense last year, so no they did not return their whole defense as someone said earlier.........So does this mean we won't tailgate together for the Championship game?:)

THOR
10-02-2007, 02:38 PM
USC, Cal, LSU and Florida are the fastest teams in college football in that order. Every team that plays SC the head coach after the game always says they look fast on film but it is nothing to seeing them in person. Every coach last year said they are the fastest team they have ever seen or played. Brown is right that SC was faster than Texas they just had one guy that was too good.
Dude,
you sound like Leinart now saying you were still the better team. Get over it, you lost because you were beaten by Texas. Not just Vince, but the entire team. This is why people dont like most SC fans, because you just cant admit anyone else is good. Texas was good that year and they beat you.

donzi5150
10-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Dude,
you sound like Leinart now saying you were still the better team. Get over it, you lost because you were beaten by Texas. Not just Vince, but the entire team. This is why people dont like most SC fans, because you just cant admit anyone else is good. Texas was good that year and they beat you.
Your right Thor, none of the USC or PAC 10 fans give praise to a good team. They must lack that southern charm........or are just to proud or scared to be exposed by the true strength of the SEC.........lets see where this one takes us......:) :) ;) :idea: :jawdrop:

mbrown2
10-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Dude,
Show me a good SEC team and I will praise them...otherwise get off of Vince Young and Texas's jock....Your team...sorry the team you route for got owned the last time they played SC...I think the real reason SEC fans don't like SC is because SC waxes the SEC in inter-conference each time they play and so the argument is always conference to conference and how SC is the only strong team in the conference and they forget the crow they eat when SC waxed them....
like I said...show me an SEC team better then SC over the last 5 years and I will praise them as well.....Here comes the "where were you in the dismal 90's"...right there sitting in my Bro-In Law's season tickets at the Coliseum taking my lumps when they came...
Here comes the "Texas beat you though".:)...We lost to Texas...never said we did'nt, also give them credit for the win and the way they contained the offense, but I would say Vince Young had more part in that win then you give him credit for...
Hopefully this thread will be just as good in January...:)

River Lynchmob
10-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Dude,
VY beat SC and SC beat SC if Bush hadn't tried to lateral that ball and be a hero SC would have won the game...period. But at the end of the day SC lost the game and Texas was crowned National Champions.

XtrmWakeborder
10-02-2007, 04:54 PM
I've got to say vince young didn't play defense that game and yes they were the better team. I hate the argument of we were a better team, but didn't win. It's a cop out. Now offensively, Vince Young straight owned USC. They should have put both linebackers on him or something because he tore us up singlehandedly. They were better. If USC was better, then they should have put up more points than Texas. They didn't. The end.:( It's a game that will forever haunt me...sorta..maybe not, it's just a game

River Lynchmob
10-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Fast does not really matter when you go against the number one defense and to quote Mike Ditka, "Defense is what championships are made of." Those fast boys of USC are going to get their jock handed to them by Dorsey.......and I do believe LSU had two first round drafts from the defense last year, so no they did not return their whole defense as someone said earlier.........So does this mean we won't tailgate together for the Championship game?:)
Do you forget about Sam Baker and Sedric Ellis who Kirk Herbstriet said was Dorsey's equal on all levels but faster. They were two 1st rounders that returned for their sr season. Not to mention all 3 Linebackers that...acording to many sports analists say could be all americans. in addition to two bluechippers at safety. So let's not compare defenses as there is no comparison. Please tell me how a team gives up 161 yards in penalties and still wins the game...defense.

THOR
10-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Show me a good SEC team and I will praise them...otherwise get off of Vince Young and Texas's jock....Your team...sorry the team you route for got owned the last time they played SC...I think the real reason SEC fans don't like SC is because SC waxes the SEC in inter-conference each time they play and so the argument is always conference to conference and how SC is the only strong team in the conference and they forget the crow they eat when SC waxed them....
like I said...show me an SEC team better then SC over the last 5 years and I will praise them as well.....Here comes the "where were you in the dismal 90's"...right there sitting in my Bro-In Law's season tickets at the Coliseum taking my lumps when they came...
Here comes the "Texas beat you though".:)...We lost to Texas...never said we did'nt, also give them credit for the win and the way they contained the offense, but I would say Vince Young had more part in that win then you give him credit for...
Hopefully this thread will be just as good in January...:)
Auburn when the went undefeated were better. Florida was better last year.
Get off Carrols jock as you would put it and grow a set. Quit saying if, if, if. The SEC is the strongest and deepest, period. Enough said. You won one in row. That is a fact.
you cant say others are shitty when you had an outright pathetic decade in the 90's and pretend it didnt happen. So, if you want to be a frontrunner you need to be able to take a little from guys like me regarding your pathetic ass team in the 90's.
Another thing, I was sorry for your loss last year when you got owned by UCLA and sharted all over your bowl hopes. That was classy on my part. I didnt hear a peep from you when they were losing. How do you explain that? I have an idea, but I will keep it to myself for now.

THOR
10-02-2007, 05:52 PM
The SEC won't schedule anyone. They make run for Tulane, but all they want from the Pac-10 is Oregon State or ASU. I still remember a couple years ago either Oregon or Oregon State missing three extra points to lose by a point and maybe the next year ASU getting two kicks blocked in the last five minutes to lose again. And those Pac-10 teams were nobodies. C'mon, I know you remember what I'm talking about.
I kind of do, but not really. How do I control who gets scheduled against whom. You act like I control that.

THOR
10-02-2007, 05:56 PM
I know you have a hand in it. :D
See, I love that about you. You are a realist like me. ;)

THOR
10-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Here's the first game:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=242480099
OSU lost 22-21 and missed all three extra points kicking.
That was a 7-5 OSU team.
Then next year, this game:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=252530099
LSU, losing 17-7 in the 4th, returned a blocked FG for a TD and 29 seconds later returned a blocked punt for a TD. They won 35-31. Another 7-5 Pac-10 team.
Those were some pretty good LSU teams as I recall. Would it kill you to admit that the Pac-10 is pretty deep too? ;)
The PAC 10 is real deep as well, I never said they werent if I recall. But, they still arent as rough as playing in the SEC. The only people that say that are the ones in this thread.

mbrown2
10-02-2007, 09:30 PM
I said for the last 5 years...not just 1 year....one and done seasons don't make a team a dynasty...
The SEC is the strongest and deepest, period. Enough said. You won one in row. That is a fact.
Says you....and your SEC southern based math...:)....AP voters said different...heck it took voters voting against their will to give it to LSU...:)
you cant say others are shitty when you had an outright pathetic decade in the 90's and pretend it didnt happen. So, if you want to be a frontrunner you need to be able to take a little from guys like me regarding your pathetic ass team in the 90's.
Where did I say others are shitty as you say....oh that's right I did'nt ....but its the internet you can just say it and its true...:)
Another thing, I was sorry for your loss last year when you got owned by UCLA and sharted all over your bowl hopes. That was classy on my part. I didnt hear a peep from you when they were losing. How do you explain that? I have an idea, but I will keep it to myself for now.
Another example where you spout incorrectly...at least you consistent with getting your facts wrong:)...I was here giving credit to UCLA...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134814&highlight=ucla+usc
More on the 90's....they were tough, specifically if you are use to being a dynasty...but even during those down years we still managed a couple Rose Bowl wins and better then average win/loss percentage....go check...just not up to par with our normal 700% win/loss percentage....In addition, although the 90's were tough, it still does not outweigh...Winning 11 national championships, 36 Pac 10 titles, 144 All-Americans....:)....they might lose next week, next month, or in January but I will still be rooting for them and take the loss respectfully as I normally have...:)

donzi5150
10-03-2007, 07:50 AM
Lets just stick with recent history say 2003 and forward......LSU won the national champiohship, 2004 USC, 2005 Texas, and 2006 Florida.......two SEC teams......and at the end of all four years LSU ended up at the end of the year as 2 or 3.........and now they are #1 so the proof is in what? I think that speaks for it self......I have not knocked USC or said they are a bad team.........the SEC is an in your face smash mouth league that is much more physical and draining than the speed the USC fans keep hyping.......speed dwendles fast when you get hit hard on every down! :idea:

THOR
10-03-2007, 08:54 AM
I said for the last 5 years...
Almost the same amount of time you have been a fan. Funny huh? ;)

mbrown2
10-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Almost the same amount of time you have been a fan. Funny huh? ;)
well..it took a while to get the blue and gold off my face...:)

THOR
10-03-2007, 08:59 AM
well..it took a while to get the blue and gold off my face...:)
Touche' my friend. The painted face comment reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with Puddy going to the hockey game. Classic

donzi5150
10-03-2007, 09:08 AM
LSU was not national champion in 2003, you have your FACTS wrong. See you in January.
We were not national champions? I must have watched the wrong game........I do believe we hoisted up the BCS trophy in victory that year.......which, now correct me if i am wrong, is currently accepted that the winner is the best team........Oh thats right USC claimed a co-championship that year but no where in the BCS process is there a co-championship.......:idea:

mbrown2
10-03-2007, 09:30 AM
Touche' my friend. The painted face comment reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with Puddy going to the hockey game. Classic
LOL..that was a funny episode......luv the new commerical where everyone is getting painted using different means...air brush, power duster, etc...funny stuff!

donzi5150
10-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Coaches had to vote for them even though nobody wanted to. Then they changed the rule. I believe it's called the "LSU BS BCS game rule."
Come on, are you saying one college changed the whole process and screwed USC? I wish we would have played USC and had hoped back then, I am sorry to see you so bitter about the loss......maybe we should tailgate together and share a beer or ten!:)

mbrown2
10-03-2007, 10:26 AM
So SEC bandwagon guys? What do you think about the the Florida and LSU matchup?....1st for LSU with a #1 ranking since 59...they lost last time too...My guess is Auburn played Florida pretty tough last week and it was still close.....but I am thinking LSU is playing at the level of their opponent these days and ripe for getting upset....
This is a good weekend for football for the SEC...:)

donzi5150
10-03-2007, 11:17 AM
So SEC bandwagon guys? What do you think about the the Florida and LSU matchup?....1st for LSU with a #1 ranking since 59...they lost last time too...My guess is Auburn played Florida pretty tough last week and it was still close.....but I am thinking LSU is playing at the level of their opponent these days and ripe for getting upset....
This is a good weekend for football for the SEC...:)
Trust me, Florida is fierce after being beaten, which is not often, but if you look at LSU's last game it was clear they were looking to this week in the first half until they pulled their head out.........#1 defense against Florida who is all Tebow with his run threat......I see a lot of problems for the GATORS!:idea: But I bet this game will be watched by more people than the USC game or any other PAC 10 this weekend......

mbrown2
10-03-2007, 11:56 AM
But I bet this game will be watched by more people than the USC game or any other PAC 10 this weekend......
I would agree with that...as there are no real big Pac 10 games and we are talking about two top 10's....I am thinking Tebo's gonna get beat up trying to run...but if LSU comes like last weekend...might be an upset in the making.

THOR
10-03-2007, 12:04 PM
I would agree with that...as there are no real big Pac 10 games and we are talking about two top 10's....I am thinking Tebo's gonna get beat up trying to run...but if LSU comes like last weekend...might be an upset in the making.
Tebow will get pounded, but Meyer knows that. Watch for them to spread out the offense to neutralize Dorsey and the other horses they have.
Kentucky vs. SC will be awesome on Friday night.

TrojanDan
10-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Kentucky vs. SC will be awesome on Friday night.
I agree, good game to watch, but isn't it Thursday night?

essexjet
10-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Yes it is on Thursday :D

THOR
10-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Word. My mistake.

essexjet
10-03-2007, 12:57 PM
So if Florida beats LSU and USC wins, where do you see LSU and Florida ending up in the polls?
I would like to see CAL at #2

THOR
10-03-2007, 01:06 PM
So if Florida beats LSU and USC wins, where do you see LSU and Florida ending up in the polls?
I would like to see CAL at #2
Cal, USC and LSU all lose and South Florida is #1 :D

essexjet
10-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Cal, USC and LSU all lose and South Florida is #1 :D
As long its not another SEC team :D ;) :D :D

donzi5150
10-03-2007, 01:23 PM
As long its not another SEC team :D ;) :D :D
Another SEC Team??????? What Team in the most recent years has been over hyped? Can everyone agree on USC?;)

socalmofo
10-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Another SEC Team??????? What Team in the most recent years has been over hyped? Can everyone agree on USC?;)
Wow, your vision is skewed! Overhyped is not a word associated with USC over the last 5 years.

essexjet
10-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Two national championships and three heisman trophy winners in the past five year...Yeah I will call that hype:rolleyes: I call that a good a pretty team.

donzi5150
10-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Over hyped today with LSU being #1 and all of you busting my balls for supporting my team, so yes I can say over hyped.........:) Damn thats going to be a good game next year...... I just hope we don't beat each other up till then......:)

donzi5150
10-03-2007, 02:58 PM
Two national championships and three heisman trophy winners in the past five year...Yeah I will call that hype:rolleyes: I call that a good a pretty team.
Two? I only remember 2004?

donzi5150
10-03-2007, 03:01 PM
Wow, your vision is skewed! Overhyped is not a word associated with USC over the last 5 years.
Being from another part of the county and now living and Califorina you might see why.....I did not say it was a bad thing, believe me I love pride in the team/college and that's why college football is hands down the best!:)

donzi5150
10-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Don't hate.....follow the rules of that season! There was no Co-National Champion just one.....I am not bitching about 2004, 5 or 6 and possibilities......:)

River Lynchmob
10-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Get off Carrols jock as you would put it and grow a set. Quit saying if, if, if. The SEC is the strongest and deepest, period. Enough said. You won one in row. That is a fact.
SC was beyond pathetic in the 90's but we aren't in the 90's now are we...don't live in the past wishing and hoping for the SEC to dominate again, it simply isn't going to happen. The Pac 10 is just going to get stronger when the Pac 10 has coaches like Carroll, Bellotti, Erickson and Tedford. These guys are building powerhouse programs.

mbrown2
10-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Two? I only remember 2004?
http://graphics.ocsn.com/schools/usc/graphics/04bowl/640-wallpaper.jpg
This year...

TrojanDan
10-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Over hyped today with LSU being #1 and all of you busting my balls for supporting my team
Hey Donzi,
Who gave LSU that #1 ranking? Oh yeah, I forgot, the AP poll. Aren't you contradicting yourself if you don't believe in SC's 2004 AP National Championship yet you come on here and say LSU is currently ranked number #1 by the same poll? I'm just trying to follow your logic. :confused:

donzi5150
10-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Another first for LSU according to ESPN: You guys just let me know when you can make it to Baton rouge and I will hook yall up........PS 4 SEC teams in the top 10!:)
10. Auburn
How crazy does it get here? A friend recently covered a game on Labor Day weekend. Kickoff was 6:30 and he pulled off the highway from Atlanta at 3:30. He saw the roadside crowded with people tailgating and figured he must be near the stadium. He finally arrived at Jordan-Hare … nine miles later. When he asked the parking attendant at the media lot what time the fans started showing up, the man replied, "Seven in the morning … Thursday morning. And they aren't leaving after the game, either.''
9. Colorado
Trying to decide between Ohio State and Colorado, Road Warrior consulted a friend who attended both. He gives Colorado the nod because of the mountain setting, the better weather and the … ummm, overall "Colorado'' experience. For instance, he swears the PA announcer once made this announcement during a game: "A reminder: It ish unlawful to ( hiccup) conshume aloca … er, acolho … umm, alcoholic beverages (hiccup) at Folshom Field."
8. Army
The setting on the Hudson is superb and the atmosphere is special. "They understand it's a game,'' Cahn says of fans at the service academies. "The people realize the young men on the field will fight bigger battles.'' Besides, if you want to tell soldiers with rifles that they don't belong in the top 10, go right ahead.
7. Wisconsin
An exception to the weather rule is Wisconsin, where the fans don't notice the cold because their cheese wedges restrict the flow of oxygen to the brain and, of course, all that beer. If you're going to tailgate, better to pick Wisconsin, a state famous for beer, brats and cheese, than say, South Dakota, a state famous for … well, not being North Dakota. Just be sure to leave enough room for the legendary Fifth Quarter.
6. UCLA
What could be better than tailgating outside the Rose Bowl on Jan. 1? Tailgating there every home game. (By the way, based on the overall UCLA experience – beautiful students, sun, L.A., beautiful students, athletic legacy, oh, and did RW mention beautiful students? – is there any reason why the Bruins do not get every single recruit they want?)
5. Penn State
It's not enough that State College turns into Pennsylvania's third-largest city on game day (and, remember, we're talking a state large enough to have 22 electoral votes). This 100,000-plus JoePa-Looza is so spirited that the school recently had to ban the drinking of alcohol outside the stadium DURING the game. That's right. So many fans come just for the tailgate that officials had to enact a law to deal with them. They don't call it Happy Valley for nothing.
4. Washington
The main tailgate venues are nothing special, but stern-gating is awesome. Sailing up to Husky Stadium while nibbling Dungeness crab or wild salmon and sipping a bottle of Red Hook or a glass of Chateau St. Michelle is college football's finest experience that doesn't include the USC song girls.
3. Tennessee
With boats able to tie up on the nearby Tennessee River, this offers the Washington nautical experience mixed with SEC passion. Plus, there's better barbecue.
2. Ole Miss
What RW loves best about the Mississippi campus is that the speed limit is 18, in recognition of the jersey number worn by Archie Manning. Tailgating in The Grove is an experience so sublime even native son William Faulkner would be at a loss to describe it. Hell, The Grove is so wonderful, Commissioner of Tailgating Cahn even plans to honeymoon there (seriously).
1. LSU
Nobody cooks like the Cajuns. Walking among the tailgaters here is like strolling through one of Emeril Lagasse's restaurants. RW once joined a group serving jambalaya, duck and oyster gumbo, stuffed quail, deer sauce picante, wild duck, cochon deli, Cajun sausage, crawfish etouffee, rabbit, alligator stew and marinated pork tenderloin. And that was for a non-conference game. More important, LSU plays most games at night, which means you have an entire day to soak it in. The only downside is you may not be able to get yourself into the stadium by the time kickoff rolls around.
So there you have it, a fair, balanced and completely impartial list of the best tailgating campuses in America. By the way, Ohio State fans have no doubt noticed their school did not make the list, despite the 100,000-plus passionate faithful surrounding the Horseshoe each game in one of college football's best and most spirited gatherings. That's because Road Warrior's alma mater recently lost to the Buckeyes and hasn't gotten over it, yet.

River Lynchmob
10-03-2007, 03:48 PM
I would say LSU and Oklahoma, in no particular order. Followed by Ohio State.
You forgot ND...well up until this year :D

donzi5150
10-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Hey Donzi,
Who gave LSU that #1 ranking? Oh yeah, I forgot, the AP poll. Aren't you contradicting yourself if you don't believe in SC's 2004 AP National Championship yet you come on here and say LSU is currently ranked number #1 by the same poll? I'm just trying to follow your logic. :confused:
No, just going by the winner of the little Crystall Footbal for 2003..... so no contridiction...... I don't see crystal football in the collage of red and gold above.......:)

River Lynchmob
10-03-2007, 03:53 PM
Another first for LSU according to ESPN: You guys just let me know when you can make it to Baton rouge and I will hook yall up........PS 4 SEC teams in the top 10!:)
10. Auburn
How crazy does it get here? A friend recently covered a game on Labor Day weekend. Kickoff was 6:30 and he pulled off the highway from Atlanta at 3:30. He saw the roadside crowded with people tailgating and figured he must be near the stadium. He finally arrived at Jordan-Hare … nine miles later. When he asked the parking attendant at the media lot what time the fans started showing up, the man replied, "Seven in the morning … Thursday morning. And they aren't leaving after the game, either.''
9. Colorado
Trying to decide between Ohio State and Colorado, Road Warrior consulted a friend who attended both. He gives Colorado the nod because of the mountain setting, the better weather and the … ummm, overall "Colorado'' experience. For instance, he swears the PA announcer once made this announcement during a game: "A reminder: It ish unlawful to ( hiccup) conshume aloca … er, acolho … umm, alcoholic beverages (hiccup) at Folshom Field."
8. Army
The setting on the Hudson is superb and the atmosphere is special. "They understand it's a game,'' Cahn says of fans at the service academies. "The people realize the young men on the field will fight bigger battles.'' Besides, if you want to tell soldiers with rifles that they don't belong in the top 10, go right ahead.
7. Wisconsin
An exception to the weather rule is Wisconsin, where the fans don't notice the cold because their cheese wedges restrict the flow of oxygen to the brain and, of course, all that beer. If you're going to tailgate, better to pick Wisconsin, a state famous for beer, brats and cheese, than say, South Dakota, a state famous for … well, not being North Dakota. Just be sure to leave enough room for the legendary Fifth Quarter.
6. UCLA
What could be better than tailgating outside the Rose Bowl on Jan. 1? Tailgating there every home game. (By the way, based on the overall UCLA experience – beautiful students, sun, L.A., beautiful students, athletic legacy, oh, and did RW mention beautiful students? – is there any reason why the Bruins do not get every single recruit they want?)
5. Penn State
It's not enough that State College turns into Pennsylvania's third-largest city on game day (and, remember, we're talking a state large enough to have 22 electoral votes). This 100,000-plus JoePa-Looza is so spirited that the school recently had to ban the drinking of alcohol outside the stadium DURING the game. That's right. So many fans come just for the tailgate that officials had to enact a law to deal with them. They don't call it Happy Valley for nothing.
4. Washington
The main tailgate venues are nothing special, but stern-gating is awesome. Sailing up to Husky Stadium while nibbling Dungeness crab or wild salmon and sipping a bottle of Red Hook or a glass of Chateau St. Michelle is college football's finest experience that doesn't include the USC song girls.
3. Tennessee
With boats able to tie up on the nearby Tennessee River, this offers the Washington nautical experience mixed with SEC passion. Plus, there's better barbecue.
2. Ole Miss
What RW loves best about the Mississippi campus is that the speed limit is 18, in recognition of the jersey number worn by Archie Manning. Tailgating in The Grove is an experience so sublime even native son William Faulkner would be at a loss to describe it. Hell, The Grove is so wonderful, Commissioner of Tailgating Cahn even plans to honeymoon there (seriously).
1. LSU
Nobody cooks like the Cajuns. Walking among the tailgaters here is like strolling through one of Emeril Lagasse's restaurants. RW once joined a group serving jambalaya, duck and oyster gumbo, stuffed quail, deer sauce picante, wild duck, cochon deli, Cajun sausage, crawfish etouffee, rabbit, alligator stew and marinated pork tenderloin. And that was for a non-conference game. More important, LSU plays most games at night, which means you have an entire day to soak it in. The only downside is you may not be able to get yourself into the stadium by the time kickoff rolls around.
So there you have it, a fair, balanced and completely impartial list of the best tailgating campuses in America. By the way, Ohio State fans have no doubt noticed their school did not make the list, despite the 100,000-plus passionate faithful surrounding the Horseshoe each game in one of college football's best and most spirited gatherings. That's because Road Warrior's alma mater recently lost to the Buckeyes and hasn't gotten over it, yet.
I thought we were talking football :D

River Lynchmob
10-03-2007, 03:54 PM
No, just going by the winner of the little Crystall Footbal for 2003..... so no contridiction...... I don't see crystal football in the collage of Cardinal and Gold above.......:)
There I fixed it for you :D

essexjet
10-03-2007, 03:56 PM
10. Auburn
9. Colorado
8. Army
7. Wisconsin
6. UCLA
5. Penn State
4. Washington
3. Tennessee
2. Ole Miss
1. LSU
What poll is this???????????:confused: :confused: :confused:

donzi5150
10-03-2007, 03:57 PM
I believe the trophy says THE National Champion.:idea:

TrojanDan
10-03-2007, 03:59 PM
No, just going by the winner of the little Crystall Footbal for 2003..... so no contridiction...... I don't see crystal football in the collage of red and gold above.......:)
Still confused here. Are you saying you are basing LSU's current #1 ranking on the 2003 Crystal Football or on the current AP poll?
If memory serves me right, I believe SC has one of those Crystall Footballs in Heritage Hall too. ;)

essexjet
10-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Looks like ESPN's college tailgating poll.
Then I dont see SDSU or ASU on it :D

TrojanDan
10-03-2007, 04:00 PM
10. Auburn
9. Colorado
8. Army
7. Wisconsin
6. UCLA
5. Penn State
4. Washington
3. Tennessee
2. Ole Miss
1. LSU
Thanks for gaying up this thread with this silly poll. :lightsabe

donzi5150
10-03-2007, 04:01 PM
I thought we were talking football :D
Tailgating? Beer? Food? Game? Is that not football? :)

TrojanDan
10-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Then I dont see SDSU or ASU on it :D
They would be in the best looking tail poll.

donzi5150
10-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Still confused here. Are you saying you are basing LSU's current #1 ranking on the 2003 Crystal Football or on the current AP poll?
If memory serves me right, I believe SC has one of those Crystall Footballs in Heritage Hall too. ;)
But was not the debate about the Co Championship USC claims from 2003? Remember, I am one LSU/SEC fan fighting all the USC/PAC 10 fans from their home turf........... :)

River Lynchmob
10-03-2007, 04:08 PM
Tailgating? Beer? Food? Game? Is that not football? :)
Absolutly!!! :D But it has nothing to do with Pac 10 vs SEC on the field.

mbrown2
10-03-2007, 04:14 PM
10. Auburn
9. Colorado
8. Army
7. Wisconsin
6. UCLA
5. Penn State
4. Washington
3. Tennessee
2. Ole Miss
1. LSU
Where is the color commentary on those Baton Rogue Salad Toss'n Deliverance Boys....they seemed to have left that out....must of come from the OCHO's Alternative TailGATERS POLL.....Geaux Tail...!:)

donzi5150
10-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Where is the color commentary on those Baton Rogue Salad Toss'n Deliverance Boys....they seemed to have left that out....must of come from the OCHO's Alternative TailGATERS POLL.....Geaux Tail...!:)
Salad Tossing.....I do believe there a a hell of a lot more people of that orientation in Cali!;)

mbrown2
10-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Salad Tossing.....I do believe there a a hell of a lot more people of that orientation in Cali!;)
Yeah, but out here they go to UCLA..:)

MBlaster
10-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Where are the ***boat peeps meeting up on saturday?
Mrs Mblaster and I should get there around 2.

River Lynchmob
10-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Where are the ***boat peeps meeting up on saturday?
Mrs Mblaster and I should get there around 2.
My couch in Parker :D

essexjet
10-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Yeah, but out here they go to UCLA..:)
Oh Snap :D That was a good one.

MBlaster
10-03-2007, 04:59 PM
My couch in Parker :D
It just won't be the same;)

donzi5150
10-04-2007, 01:06 PM
So becouse you don't agree with that then it's not the true National Championship?;)
A little picture for Thor!:D

River Lynchmob
10-04-2007, 01:45 PM
We can wait and see on Sat. As they say the proof will be in the puddin. After Sat that tigger could be the one strung up on that there tree :D

River Lynchmob
10-04-2007, 01:46 PM
It just won't be the same;)
You are right but I will be in Parker so I have to make the most of it.

donzi5150
10-04-2007, 02:21 PM
We can wait and see on Sat. As they say the proof will be in the puddin. After Sat that tigger could be the one strung up on that there tree :D
So you USC fans will be watching an SEC game? Is that allowed?:D :D :D :D

essexjet
10-04-2007, 02:32 PM
With a chance to move up to #1 only, all other times are strictly prohibited ;)

River Lynchmob
10-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Only on the 6th week of the season and only if they are playing at teh swamp. :D
I will watch any college game I can get on TV. I even watched some of the Rice game last night. I will watch Gamecock game tonight and I don't move from my couch on Sat from game day until the late game unless I am at the river or at the SC game. Nothing beats college football!!!

mbrown2
10-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Everyone has to go slumming every once in a while...:)

THOR
10-04-2007, 03:02 PM
So becouse you don't agree with that then it's not the true National Championship?;)
A little picture for Thor!:D
How do I make that my avatar? Can somebody help a brutha out?

mbrown2
10-04-2007, 03:10 PM
here you go...right/click save and and then upload as your avitar..

essexjet
10-04-2007, 03:15 PM
I saved it in my pics.. Go here and then right click on the pic and copy location. Then go to your user profile and paste it in your avatar.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=135230&cat=500

donzi5150
10-04-2007, 03:35 PM
I can't wait to see what the Tiger does to the out house guard posing as a Trojan Solder!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

donzi5150
10-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Only on the 6th week of the season and only if they are playing at teh swamp. :D
I will watch any college game I can get on TV. I even watched some of the Rice game last night. I will watch Gamecock game tonight and I don't move from my couch on Sat from game day until the late game unless I am at the river or at the SC game. Nothing beats college football!!!
Not in the swamp.......there are here......

TrojanDan
10-04-2007, 04:18 PM
Not till after the SC game finishes. I'll have to tivo it since LSU/FL starts an hour after the SC game starts. I'm sure the scores will be shown on the video screen and f' it up for me. :argue:

River Lynchmob
10-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Not in the swamp.......there are here......
Well see there I finally learned something on this thread from an SEC guy :D

skygod73
10-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Dude are you serious?:rolleyes: In "most recent years" USC has made 5 straight BCS bowls with a 4-1 record and 5 consecutive top 4 or better finishes, an Orange Bowl victory, an AP Nat Champ, a BCS Champ, BCS runner-up, and a Rose Bowl victory. 3 HT winners, undefeated against the SEC, thumped Nebraska twice, pounded Arkansas twice (hung 70 on them), slapped a double nickel on the Sooners, skunked AU, and handled VT. In the 5 "most recent years" SC is 59-6, 10-1 against top 10 teams, and has 5 consecutive 10+ win seasons.
As for the tradition you haters say SC doesn't have: 11 National titles, 7 HT winners, the most NFL draft picks of any school, 45 bowl games-4th all time, 29 bowl wins-2nd all time, 162 NFL Pro Bowl picks, and a Trojan has played in all but 2 Super Bowls.
Only a homer could look at the above facts and deny USC is a modern College Football dynasty. Take nothing away from LSU, AU, and the SEC, but we are witnessing one of the greatest runs in history. Pete Carroll is a recruiting machine, as long as he stays SC will be at or near the top of the heap. USC is "hyped" because unbiased objective analysts can see the facts. Get over it SEC lovers!:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

skygod73
10-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Lets just stick with recent history say 2003 and forward......LSU won the national champiohship, 2004 USC, 2005 Texas, and 2006 Florida.......two SEC teams......and at the end of all four years LSU ended up at the end of the year as 2 or 3.........and now they are #1 so the proof is in what?
Dude see above facts in previous post about recent history. BTW, the average finish for USC in the final AP poll since 2003 was 2, and for LSU it is 5.5. I gave both teams a 1st finish in 03-04 with the split. If you go back to 2002 SC averages 2.4 and since LSU was unranked in 2002 but if you gave them 26th they woould average at 9.6. Before you go off on the what about the BCS final poll rant, the split year 03-04 was the only year I could find that was off from the AP with regard to SC and LSU final rankings. No doubt LSU is a stout program, but SC fans didn't start a thread saying they were overrated.

donzi5150
10-05-2007, 07:57 AM
Dude see above facts in previous post about recent history. BTW, the average finish for USC in the final AP poll since 2003 was 2, and for LSU it is 5.5. I gave both teams a 1st finish in 03-04 with the split. If you go back to 2002 SC averages 2.4 and since LSU was unranked in 2002 but if you gave them 26th they woould average at 9.6. Before you go off on the what about the BCS final poll rant, the split year 03-04 was the only year I could find that was off from the AP with regard to SC and LSU final rankings. No doubt LSU is a stout program, but SC fans didn't start a thread saying they were overrated.
I did not start the thread saying they were over hyped......I posed a question about what was actual in the rankings as of the last poll.........Later on I made the over hyped statement based on this thread becouse the USC fans defended ther school proudly but refused to acknowledge the strength of the SEC. I on the other hand acknowledged the strength of USC but posed other thoughts, ideas and questions as a friendly jesture back to the USC fans as a single SEC supporter stuck in the middle of California.
But the simple fact remains that we are number one right now and after we shut down Tebow and the Gators we will still be number one and I will still give you SC fans a hard time but if we lose and drop in the poles I am man enough to stick it out and fight with all the SC fans in the college spirit. And when the two teams meet in the Rose Bowl in the next BCS game, God willing, we can all share a beer and tailgate and have a damn good time!:D

River Lynchmob
10-05-2007, 08:22 AM
This week in the power 16 both the Pac 10 and the SEC have 4 teams represented. As we all know the Pac 10 has 10 teams and the SEC 12. That means the Pac 10 has 40% of their teams in the Power 16 while the SEC has 33%. Pac 10 has the edge...facts are facts :D

donzi5150
10-05-2007, 08:27 AM
This week in the power 16 both the Pac 10 and the SEC have 4 teams represented. As we all know the Pac 10 has 10 teams and the SEC 12. That means the Pac 10 has 40% of their teams in the Power 16 while the SEC has 33%. Pac 10 has the edge...facts are facts :D
And the SEC plays a Conference Championship and the Pac 10 does not.....One extra game of down right punishment against another top team that the PAC 10 does not face......:D Keep them comming, I love all of your attempts to sway me.......:D

THOR
10-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Pac 10 has the edge:D
Keep trying brother. You are still out of your mind.

River Lynchmob
10-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Not trying to sway you...that would be like you trying to sway me...just pointing out facts...nothing more nothing less.
The simple fact is the Pac 10 isn't the cream puff that the east coast and their bias thinks it is.

River Lynchmob
10-05-2007, 09:17 AM
You are still out of your mind.
This is true in most cases :D but not this one.

TrojanDan
10-05-2007, 09:46 AM
And the SEC plays a Conference Championship and the Pac 10 does not.....
Why would the PAC-10 need a championship game if we play every school head to head? Maybe the SEC should look into it instead of scheduling the Sunbelt Conference in Late October thru November. :rolleyes:
SEC's late OOC schedule
Alabama vs. Sunbelt Conference opponent Nov. 17
Arkansas vs. Sunbelt Conference opponent Oct. 27
Auburn vs. Div II oppponent Nov. 3
Florida vs. Sunbelt Conference opponent Nov 17
Georgia vs. Sunbelt Conference opponnent Nov 3
LSU vs WAC conference Nov 10
Ole Miss vs. Div II opponent Nov 3
Tennesse vs. Sunbelt Conference opponent Nov 3
Vandy vs. Mid American Conference opponent Oct 27
PAC10's late OOC Schedule
Notre Dame at Stanford Nov 24
Washington at Hawaii (WAC) Dec 1
Oh wait, I forgot, you guys play in such a tough conference that you need to take a break to help pad your record. Maybe the SEC is smarter than I thought afterall. :D
On another note, there's no question that SEC is a good conference that translates into some great football games, it's the OOC games that quirks the PAC-10 fans. :cool:

skygod73
10-05-2007, 09:48 AM
I think it's great that college fans are so passoniate about their teams, that's why I like college football more than the NFL. You can make the argument, and I would agree that historically the SEC has been the premier conf. I would also agree that the SEC has the best tradition/passion of any conference as a whole. However, at the present time the PAC 10 is on an even field with the SEC and the SEC fans do not want to admit it. It should've always been the case since we have the atheletes on the west coast to compete with anyone. As for tradition, USC is the one PAC 10 school that can measure up to ANY school. The fact is USC has been the most Dominant program since 2002, the numbers don't lie. LSU, OU, and OSU, have been dominant since 02 as well. With a little luck it can be settled on the field this year. This has been my favorite thread on HB in long time.:)
Great post TrojanDan!!!

boater250s
10-05-2007, 10:39 AM
First of all, I love college football, but the one problem it does have, is not everyone plays head to head, so basically in my opinion you never know who is number 1. To say one conference is better than the other, when they don't play the same teams. I really can't say one is better then the other. On USC being number one at the beginning of the year is just a poll. As you can see they are number two now. In my opinion, I don't think USC will win the national championship again, I said this two years ago when Booty took over. He just doesn't look like a championship quarterback, example, when they were playing Washington last week the team was playing poorly, and Booty was the one who should have stepped up, and he didn't do that. He looks like an all-star one half, and looks terrible the next. He's inconsistant. I know I kinda got off subject, but just my two cents. Again, I'm a big USC fan, but I'm just calling it like I see it.

THOR
10-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Why would the PAC-10 need a championship game if we play every school head to head? Maybe the SEC should look into it instead of scheduling the Sunbelt Conference in Late October thru November. :rolleyes:
SEC's late OOC schedule
Oh wait, I forgot, you guys play in such a tough conference that you need to take a break to help pad your record. Maybe the SEC is smarter than I thought afterall. :D
On another note, there's no question that SEC is a good conference that translates into some great football games, it's the OOC games that quirks the PAC-10 fans. :cool:
Great post.
How is Idaho doing?

River Lynchmob
10-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Great post.
How is Idaho doing?
Now see there you go comparing apples and oranges again. I believe he said late OCC games not first game of the season. :D

THOR
10-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Now see there you go comparing apples and oranges again. I believe he said late OCC games not first game of the season. :D
I hate you smart guys, you always blew the curve for me in school

donzi5150
10-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Not trying to sway you...that would be like you trying to sway me...just pointing out facts...nothing more nothing less.
The simple fact is the Pac 10 isn't the cream puff that the east coast and their bias thinks it is.
I don't think the SEC is a East Coast thing.....it's a Gulf Coast thing!:D

donzi5150
10-05-2007, 01:43 PM
SEC's late OOC schedule
But again go back to my original post and the tougher ranked opponenets that LSU took on the first 4 games.....does it really matter where the game is in the season?:idea:

TrojanDan
10-05-2007, 02:21 PM
But again go back to my original post and the tougher ranked opponenets that LSU took on the first 4 games.....does it really matter where the game is in the season?:idea:
I hardly call LSU's first four opponents tougher ranked. Unless you're referring to that jugernaut Middle Tennesse that LSU played in week 3. :D
Absolutely it matters when you play the cream puffs. Since there is no college preason, the beginning of the season is where the majority of the college teams schedule their OOC games. It seems like the SEC prefers to schedule them (cream puffs) towards the end of the season so there is less chance to be upset and ruin their rankings. :boxingguy

River Lynchmob
10-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Absolutly it matters, SC is a perfect example they haven't lost at home since 2001. All of their losses and close calls came on the road with the exception of Fresno St last year.

donzi5150
10-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Absolutly it matters, SC is a perfect example they haven't lost at home since 2001. All of their losses and close calls came on the road with the exception of Fresno St last year.
Most teams get better and stronger through out the season.....We played #7 and # 12 by the time SC played #14..........
By the way, points for LSU 199 opponents 32
USC 161 opponents 69
I'll think of you SC fans at 5:38 Pacific time and will have a beer or three for yall......Geaux Stanford!:D :D :D Truly I will pull for SC becouse I want the match up bad toooooooo! Good Luck and talk to ya'll on Monday!

XtrmWakeborder
10-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Most teams get better and stronger through out the season.....We played #7 and # 12 by the time SC played #14..........
USC 161 opponents 69
I'll think of you SC fans at 5:38 Pacific time and will have a beer or three for yall......Geaux Stanford!:D :D :D Truly I will pull for SC becouse I want the match up bad toooooooo! Good Luck and talk to ya'll on Monday!
VT has a pitty ranking and you know it....

River Lynchmob
10-05-2007, 04:42 PM
USC 161 opponents 69
Will you be in NO for the National Championship game in Jan?

THOR
10-05-2007, 05:15 PM
You guys notice there arent any Big 10 or Big 12 guys here? I just realized that. Seems odd that its just us. :idea:

mbrown2
10-05-2007, 07:21 PM
You guys notice there arent any Big 10 or Big 12 guys here? I just realized that. Seems odd that its just us. :idea:
What's more ironic is where are the NDame fans at? :)

skygod73
10-05-2007, 09:43 PM
The close call w/Fresno State was 2 yrs ago when Bush ran for 290+ yds and had 500 total yds. I just watched that game on ESPN Classic the other night.

JAY4SPEED
10-05-2007, 10:03 PM
The close call w/Fresno State was 2 yrs ago when Bush ran for 290+ yds and had 500 total yds. I just watched that game on ESPN Classic the other night.
I wish Bush could still put up those kind of numbers in the NFL. I guess we will find out this weekend since he's now the featured back for the Saints. Seems like there is some talk out there in the national media stating that he is overhyped. I guess its time to prove them wrong, or right? I know that our offensive line wont help his cause much.
And before I forget:
GEAUX TIGERS

skygod73
10-06-2007, 10:33 AM
I know, I am still hoping he can put up some good numbers. He needs to improve between the tackles and stop juking so much. I think he can carry more of a load than people think, although he shared time @ SC with LW. The O-line determines the majority of a backs success or failure, unless of course your Barry Sanders.

mbrown2
10-06-2007, 12:37 PM
The SEC is eating its own this weekend...good football.

TrojanDan
10-06-2007, 01:09 PM
And the Big 10!:eek:

ChumpChange
10-06-2007, 03:46 PM
And the Big 10!:eek:
Bout time Penn State put up another W.
Wisconsin falling to Illinois? :eek: That's why I love college football.:D

THOR
10-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Takes a big appetite to chew on some SEC ball. Best in the biz as they say.

4DAY4PLAY
10-06-2007, 06:16 PM
USC is gonna lose.....

DeltaSigBoater
10-06-2007, 06:36 PM
BUCK FUTTER!!! :mad:

THOR
10-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Sorry boys. I listened to the majority of the SC game while I was driving and it sounded like Booty wasnt playing poorly.
That is a rough loss for you. Sorry again. But, the only consolation is that you lost early. This is a wierd season, anything can happen.
Cal #1? I never would have thunk it.

Boatcop
10-06-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm an Arizona fan. But only 'cause they got about 50 thousand of my dollars for my kid's tuition.
So I'm used to losing football teams.
How's it feel, Trojans? :D

HokeySon
10-06-2007, 07:38 PM
I am likely the only Stanford fan on this Forum, but I still thought all you USC fans might enjoy a little redition of OUR fight song:
all right now, baybbeee its all right now!!!!
(I couldn't find a link or I would have posted that)

DeltaSigBoater
10-06-2007, 07:58 PM
I am likely the only Stanford fan on this Forum, but I still thought all you USC fans might enjoy a little redition of OUR fight song:
all right now, baybbeee its all right now!!!!
(I couldn't find a link or I would have posted that)
"Alright Now" (written and recorded) by the English rock band Free in 1968, is the de facto fight song of Stanford. The Official fight song of Stanford is "Come Join The Band."
Come join the band
And give a cheer for Stanford red
Throughout the land
Our banner waving overhead
Stanford for you
Each loyal comrade brave and true
With might and main sings this refrain
"Forever and forever Stanford red."
After the game
When Stanford red has won the day
Praising her name
Down to the field we'll force our way
And on the green
Each man who joins the serpentine
With might and main sings this refrain
"Forever and forever Stanford red."

HokeySon
10-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Your're right .. but Come join the band is lame (and it doesn't refer to those meatballs in the LSJUMB either as many people think -- that song has been around for decades before the band became a scatter band")
Around here, we sing and dance to All Right Now when things go well ... Like tonight for instance.:)
http://www.stanford.edu/group/lsjumb/arn.html

TrojanDan
10-06-2007, 08:16 PM
That's right. My usual game day routine is to wear my #5 SC jersey. I go to put in on and find it in the dirty clothes. My wife is gonna get hell for this. I had to wear my #55 jersey to the game instead that I haven't worn in years. G@DDamn, mutherpucker, shiet, crap, Aggggggggggggh! :mad:
Not only that, for the first time in several years, my tailgate crew of 30 plus decides not to tailgate at our usual 8-12 hours before kickoff due to various reasons (and come on, it's only Stanford :mad:. No problem, game will be over by the first quarter. Right? :mad:). I should partly blame them too for the bad juju! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge! :mad: :mad: :mad:
What a crazy football year. I hope if we can't take care of business that two undefeated teams meet up in the Championship game. But the way things are going, hell, maybe I shouldn't count Notre Dame out either. :mad:
Ok, so sorry SC fans, it was my fault for breaking from tradition and wearing my #55 jersey and causing Booty to throw 4 ints! I'm going old school next week and wearing my #32 Simpson jersey!!:mad:

TrojanDan
10-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Cal #1? I never would have thunk it.
Maybe if we combine Cal's offense with SC's defense, we can make up a fantasy team and compete with LSU. :D.

HokeySon
10-06-2007, 08:23 PM
(and come on, it's only Stanford :mad:. No problem, game will be over by the first quarter. Right? :mad:).:
Funny. I told my wife that I had to see the start of the game, but that it would probably be over within 15 minute or so. Then, I would go to her firend's birthday. Glad I stuck around for the whole thing.

MBlaster
10-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Yep rough game tonite.
USC self inflicted the loss, Stanford played like shiat until they smelled victory.
The halftime was LOL...it was the best part of the game.