PDA

View Full Version : So...which boat makers will take trade ins on a new purchase?

DILLIGAF
09-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Does anybody still do this?
Howard?
DCB?
Schidia?
Bennington?
Curious as if I go with something new I don't want to deal with the hassel of selling myself.
Just sitting here wondering and thought some of you could give me some info on this.
Thanks

Jyruiz
09-25-2007, 02:23 PM
Your boat is nice, why change?

shippingguy
09-25-2007, 02:24 PM
I know they were not on your list, but talk with Barry. Ultra takes trades.
Mike

shockwavebd
09-25-2007, 02:29 PM
I know they were not on your list, but talk with Barry. Ultra takes trades.
Mike
Thanks Mike..............:D
Come on by Tom I'll buy ya lunch....................:cool:

DILLIGAF
09-25-2007, 02:29 PM
I am just generically speaking here and my list was not intended to eliminate any manufacture at this time.
While my boat is nice I look at something new every couple of years or so. I like new stuff, what can I say :)
Who knows....I may get a river boat and a Bennington (like Shadows).
Just getting started with this right now.
May actually not do anything when all is said and done.
Who else besides Ultra takes trades?

DILLIGAF
09-25-2007, 02:31 PM
Thanks Mike..............:D
Come on by Tom I'll buy ya lunch....................:cool:
Seems I am likely out of the SCOPE thing this weekend as the steering is getting looked at down the street from you. I had decided I was going the unofficial route by the way.
I will try and get by the shop soon Barry...Thanks

RiverDave
09-25-2007, 02:31 PM
Why do you want to sell the Shockwave? It's still brand new?
(now isn't the greatest time to sell either?)
RD

DILLIGAF
09-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Why do you want to sell the Shockwave? It's still brand new?
(now isn't the greatest time to sell either?)
RD
SW won't take a trade in on the new deck. I totally understand and am just seeing who/what is out there. Maybe if I went to the 34 Bob would take the trade....lol
If I were to private party sell it I would price it to move it quickly. I think I could get it done but hate dealing with shit like that.
I get that way Dave :)

That Guy
09-25-2007, 02:39 PM
I'm pretty sure Advantage will work a trade with you and a buddy of mine just had Magic take a trade for one of their new deckboats...good luck.

DILLIGAF
09-25-2007, 02:41 PM
Anybody know what is "typical" (loaded word there concerning this topic) when a trade in is done?
Keep the ideas coming.
Thanks

RiverDave
09-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Better question is what are you looking at buying Tom?
If your looking for a deck, then you might be able to find a dealer (instead of a mfg?) that'll take a trade? soemtimes mfg as well?
Or are you just looking at getting a new boat?
RD

DILLIGAF
09-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Better question is what are you looking at buying Tom?
If your looking for a deck, then you might be able to find a dealer (instead of a mfg?) that'll take a trade? soemtimes mfg as well?
Or are you just looking at getting a new boat?
RD
I like the SW deck but like I said Bob can't give me a trade in at this point. It got me thinking of checking things out from other manufactures to see what they have that I might be interested in. If they won't give a reasonable trade then I am not even considering what they have.
I saw that Howard deck that is in the deck comparison of HB a few months back at Mohave. That was a very nice looking boat. The owner was very nice about answering my questions and so forth.

Trailer Park Casanova
09-25-2007, 03:14 PM
We bought a new boat this year and came away with the impression if a dealer wants to make a sale they almost have to take in a trade in most transactions.

DILLIGAF
09-25-2007, 03:17 PM
We bought a new boat this year and came away with the impression if a dealer wants to make a sale they almost have to take in a trade in most transactions.
So you bought from a dealer and not the manufacture? What type of boat did you buy?
Most customs are sold direct aren't they? That is what I have always thought. Of course there are exceptions but for the most part isn't this the case?

Havasu1986
09-25-2007, 03:19 PM
SW won't take a trade in on the new deck. I totally understand and am just seeing who/what is out there. Maybe if I went to the 34 Bob would take the trade....lol
If I were to private party sell it I would price it to move it quickly. I think I could get it done but hate dealing with shit like that.I get that way Dave :)
Does the Kiwi come with the boat. :devil: :devil: :D :D

DeltaSigBoater
09-25-2007, 03:39 PM
The biggest problem with trade-ins is that you are getting someone "problem".
When I worked for a dealer we took a Regal Bowrider in trade, only a year old. Well come to find out the engine and drive had never been serviced. The boat had never been washed, let alone covered. It was a saltwater boat that was on a hydrahoist, but the engine never was flushed, and the skeg of the drive was always in the water, so it was down to the bare aluminum.
I advised the dealer not to buy the boat, because we’d sit on it for 2 forevers, unless we lowered the price just above wholesale. Well we must have spent over 4 grand getting that boat back into show room condition. And when I “left” the dealer, that boat was still for sale almost a year later.
But like we used to say in the car business there's an ass for every seat!

BOBALOO
09-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Hey Tom, PM me the Rock bottom no hassle slow market price.:D I'm not looking but the "right" deal might find me.:eek:
Probably cant do it right now but it is worth a shot.

Phat Matt
09-25-2007, 07:57 PM
I don't think this guy could afford shit. :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/image.php?u=2952&dateline=1190605223

BOBALOO
09-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Look at all the jewelry that homie has on! he OBVIOUSLY is loaded!:D
on cheap beer:D

DILLIGAF
09-25-2007, 09:06 PM
Hey Tom, PM me the Rock bottom no hassle slow market price.:D I'm not looking but the "right" deal might find me.:eek:
Probably cant do it right now but it is worth a shot.
It might...You know the pricing on the 29's....Send ME a PM with what you are willing and more importantly WHAT you can pay now. I got my shades on at the poker table right now :)

DILLIGAF
09-25-2007, 09:07 PM
haha...That's funny Matt
:)

RUCAV
09-28-2007, 04:05 AM
A salesman at Magic just emailed me this week about a trade. I had contacted them at the begining of the season about a trade. They told me my boat was worth $49k, but they would be happy to give me $34k. He went on to say they were having trouble selling Ultra's. John West doesnt seem to have that same problem.
Anyways, now he said we can give you $40k, BUT, you have to choose a boat already in stock. No designing your own paint scheme and options. The trade in is a little low and being forced to buy an in-stock boat is a deal breaker.

DILLIGAF
09-28-2007, 07:40 AM
A salesman at Magic just emailed me this week about a trade. I had contacted them at the begining of the season about a trade. They told me my boat was worth $49k, but they would be happy to give me $34k. He went on to say they were having trouble selling Ultra's. John West doesnt seem to have that same problem.
Anyways, now he said we can give you $40k, BUT, you have to choose a boat already in stock. No designing your own paint scheme and options. The trade in is a little low and being forced to buy an in-stock boat is a deal breaker.
I have bought from stock twice already. I guess you could say I am kind of impatient....and shit :) It also saves me from fockin' up the design....lol

charlyox
09-28-2007, 07:44 AM
I know ESSEX takes trard-ins because they have "used" boats on their web site that aren't ESSEX'S.

Keith E. Sayre
09-28-2007, 07:49 AM
RUCAV: That's a bunch of crap. No, I'm not doubting that someone may have told you those things but I'm speaking for Magic right now and you may
do a trade and you can get fair value for it and you have the option to build
a custom boat without any extra charge.
I hate it when bad info gets out and then people believe it. My number is
928-680-7600 or 928-412-7775 and while we do have about 35 deckboats
that are ready to go right now only lacking power, we'll be happy to build you
a new one with your design on it. We'll be done with it in 5 weeks. Make that 5 1/2 weeks, I sold 2 decks yesterday that will be ahead of you.
We'll trade on any Magic or any Sleek. Give me a call if I can help.
Keith Sayre
'

DILLIGAF
09-28-2007, 07:49 AM
I know ESSEX takes trard-ins because they have "used" boats on their web site that aren't ESSEX'S.
Maybe they are just out there on con-signment? That of course is different from just taking a trade in

beaverretriever
09-28-2007, 10:51 AM
RUCAV: That's a bunch of crap. No, I'm not doubting that someone may have told you those things but I'm speaking for Magic right now and you may
do a trade and you can get fair value for it and you have the option to build
a custom boat without any extra charge.
I hate it when bad info gets out and then people believe it. My number is
928-680-7600 or 928-412-7775 and while we do have about 35 deckboats
that are ready to go right now only lacking power, we'll be happy to build you
a new one with your design on it. We'll be done with it in 5 weeks. Make that 5 1/2 weeks, I sold 2 decks yesterday that will be ahead of you.
We'll trade on any Magic or any Sleek. Give me a call if I can help.
Keith Sayre
'
OH Snap!!!.. LOL, I have been wanting to say that. :D

boatnam2
09-28-2007, 02:12 PM
my personal experience has been they act like its going to be a trade in but more of a when we sell yours we will start your new one.I really dont see many mfgs takingh trades right now could be wrong.

HeavyD
09-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Try Cheetah, They got a deck you might like and you have an "in" with the salesman.....

schiadastan
09-28-2007, 02:56 PM
DILLIGAF
We at Schiada take in trades. We well also help you sell your boat.
If we can not sell you a new, we might have a used one for you.
I think all mfg. well work with you.
Schiadastan@aol.com

andy01
09-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Tom shoot me some info and a price. I am not looking to buy it but can put in my "boats for sale " folder on my desk top.
Andy
DILLIGAF
We at Schiada take in trades. We well also help you sell your boat.
If we can not sell you a new, we might have a used one for you.
I think all mfg. well work with you.
Schiadastan@aol.com
Im kind a looking for a 21' RC with a F26 DCB to trade...... :D

DILLIGAF
09-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Try Cheetah, They got a deck you might like and you have an "in" with the salesman.....
lol

Rising Sun
10-01-2007, 10:12 AM
Dilligaf,
Yes there are manufacturers that will take your boat in trade. My name is Ron and I am a salesman at Eliminator Boats. We will give you fair trade-in value for your boat and give you a great price on your new boat. Contact me at:
Eliminator Boats
10795 San Sevaine
Mira Loma,Ca 91752
(951)681-1222
or at
ront@eliminatorboat.com