PDA

View Full Version : Need help from BHC/Fort Mohave crew

RiverForUs
02-26-2006, 09:40 PM
The house up in Sunridge Estates is now done so I'm looking for some help & direction concerning the following:
Water softener and R/O -- Do I really need them? One of the girls at the office of my builder says the doesn't even have them as a full-time resident. All About Water wants $1448 plus tax. I thought I could buy them and hire a plumber to install for a lot less.
Window coverings -- I have an appointment with All About Blinds on Wednesday at the house. I thought about just ordering these myself on-line or at 3-day blinds and doing the install myself.
Landscape rock -- If I remember, I thought Dusty Times may have mentioned a hook-up on this in the past.
Cable vs. Satelite?
Alarm company?
Thanks for any sugggestions.
John

rivercrazy
02-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Water systems - Do it. We did a whole house charcoal type filter in our previous river pad and it didn't do jack to protect fixtures and hardwater build-up. The mineral content of the water is very high out there. Were definately going with both systems in the new place.
2) Security - DoubleTree Security out of Bullhead will take care of you. They did our pre-wire and did the job on time with good quality

RiverForUs
02-26-2006, 10:28 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm doing both water systems but I just think $1500 is a bit too much!
Water systems - Do it. We did a whole house charcoal type filter in our previous river pad and it didn't do jack to protect fixtures and hardwater build-up. The mineral content of the water is very high out there. Were definately going with both systems in the new place.
2) Security - DoubleTree Security out of Bullhead will take care of you. They did our pre-wire and did the job on time with good quality

waterwitch
02-27-2006, 07:10 AM
The water system is a must. Go to home depot and buy
both of them, way cheaper! about 1/2 of what you were quoted
and install it yourself. They are very easy to do.
I'd say an alarm is a must in Bullhead, especially seems how you
wouldn't be there fulltime.
Blinds, just remember the install is what takes the longest....
Homedepot in Bullhead could do that as well.
(damn I should work for homedepot, or at least get a kick back! :boxed: )

RiverForUs
02-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Home Depot here I come.