09-25-2007, 06:56 PM
after he pulls you over
You do not want to do this thing, You do not agree that it is neccessary
You have not been rude or obscene
No one has lodged a complaint against you
You have not violated any laws
Its has nothing to do with a safety issue with your driving or vehicle
This is ONLY his personal demand
You ask to be cited and you will comply, he will not cite you.
The (officer) tells you to do this thing or you WILL NOT be allowed to drive away
What do you do?
I don't think I am living in America anymore!
If I was a racial minority I would play the race card but WTF! I'm not.
YES! This happened to me yesterday.
Anyone have a blood thirsty lawyer they can refer me to? I'm tired of this guys harrasment!

pw_Tony
09-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Just spill the beans what it was!

mike37
09-25-2007, 07:02 PM
after he pulls you over
The (officer) tells you to do this thing or you WILL NOT be allowed to drive away
What do you do?
Anyone have a blood thirsty lawyer they can refer me to? I'm tired of this guys harrasment!
so you gave the guy a blow job to let you go that sucks:D

finsfan4life
09-25-2007, 07:03 PM
after he pulls you over
What do you do?
Need to tell a little more than that. What was the circumstances, why were you stop or contacted ??? Let me say this, Officers have more legal reasons to do things that people actually think. It is hilarious when people say "You dont have probable cause to do this," or " you are violating my rights".
We all know that yes, there is "dirty" cops out there, but trust me, most complainers have no idea what they are saying, or do not know what the big picture really is.

Nord
09-25-2007, 07:03 PM
You do not have to do anything but show your license and registration. If they are not going to arrest you, thats all they are supposed to ask. Mind you, they can ask all they want, but you don't have to answer all of their questions.

nodigg
09-25-2007, 07:04 PM
Well, relevent or not, it was a demand to chain a hydraulic boom down that was already legally racked according to the law, safe operating practices and the AZ DOT's boom truck procedures.
The guy used to be an employee and before that we vacationed together with the familiies. Then I caught him lying and stealing from the company.
Then he got a job with the AZ DOT.

mike37
09-25-2007, 07:04 PM
honestly I wold get out my cell phone and start video him telling me whatever is is that i think is not appropriate

nodigg
09-25-2007, 07:06 PM
so you gave the guy a blow job to let you go that sucks:D
I should have seen this one coming. MIKE! lol!

Phat Matt
09-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Well, relevent or not, it was a demand to chain a hydraulic boom down that was already legally racked according to the law, safe operating practices and the AZ DOT's boom truck procedures.
The guy used to be an employee and before that we vacationed together with the familiies. Then I caught him lying and stealing from the company.
I think this reminds me of an old thread you posted about this guy. Sounds like he is trying to get back. Am I right?

mike37
report him for retaliating against you call his boss run it down for him

nodigg
You do not have to do anything but show your license and registration. If they are not going to arrest you, thats all they are supposed to ask. Mind you, they can ask all they want, but you don't have to answer all of their questions.
I brought him my license and registration and asked him to cite me. He refused to cite me.

finsfan4life
09-25-2007, 07:09 PM
I brought him my license and registration and asked him to cite me. He refused to cite me.
For what violation ??

nodigg
09-25-2007, 07:09 PM
report him for retaliating against you call his boss run it down for him
Been there. Done that. His boss told him to knock it off. He cited me a while back. It went to the DA. The DA dropped the charges as the charge was not correct.

coolchange
09-25-2007, 07:10 PM
I think this reminds me of an old thread you posted about this guy. Sounds like he is trying to get back. Am I right?
That was my thought too. Thought you were gonna get this guy canned again.

finsfan4life
Been there. Done that. His boss told him to knock it off. He cited me a while back. It went to the DA. The DA dropped the charges as the charge was not correct.
That sounds like an ugly one...

nodigg
BINGO! He's at it again. New tactics. He knows he can't cite me so I figure he is trying to get me to do something stupid so he can get the upper had.
All the while I 'm in the office talking to his co-workers, he's in the background giggling like a little school girl.

mike37
09-25-2007, 07:11 PM
honestly try the cell phone video on him next time then send that to the DA

RiverToysJas
09-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Sucks Rick!!! :mad:
Call 911. Get another officer on scene..... ;)
RTJas

nodigg
09-25-2007, 07:12 PM
That was my thought too. Thought you were gonna get this guy canned again.
Thought I had this thing put to bed after the DA got involved. Guess not.
Now i want to sue for harassment if I have a case that is. I'm so friggin' tired of this bull shit!

Phat Matt
09-25-2007, 07:14 PM
BINGO! He's at it again. New tactics. He knows he can't cite me so I figure he is trying to get me to do something stupid so he can get the upper had.
All the while I 'm in the office talking to his co-workers, he's in the background giggling like a little school girl.
Those little portable cameras are cheap. Get the guy on video harassing you. You will get the last laugh.

nodigg
09-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Sucks Rick!!! :mad:
Call 911. Get another officer on scene..... ;)
RTJas
That would have been a good one! I was left kinda trying to figure out if at that point I was ready to go to jail for not disobeying a police officer. I decided to tie the boom down and deal with him later in court or at least after consulting an attorney.

nodigg
09-25-2007, 07:17 PM
Those little portable cameras are cheap. Get the guy on video harassing you. You will get the last laugh.
Well, he has his co-workers do the talking for him most of the time so it is not direct contact all of the time. I roll through the inspection port at all hours without incident unless it is while he is on duty. NO OTHER officers ask me to do chain the boom because it is NOT an issue with any one other than he.

Phat Matt
09-25-2007, 07:18 PM
That would have been a good one! I was left kinda trying to figure out if at that point I was ready to go to jail for not disobeying a police officer. I decided to tie the boom down and deal with him later in court or at least after consulting an attorney.
Maybe put him on the end of the boom and extend it. Then go for a drive. :D

Phat Matt
09-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Well, he has his co-workers do the talking for him most of the time so it is not direct contact all of the time. I roll through the inspection port at all hours without incident unless it is while he is on duty. NO OTHER officers ask me to do chain the boom because it is NOT an issue with any one other than he.
That could be video documented and harassment also. If you have video of you going through with no problems when he is not working and video of problems when he is it would help your case. Right?

DeltaSigBoater
09-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Sound like the officer has a case of littlecox syndrome :D

nodigg
09-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Maybe put him on the end of the boom and extend it. Then go for a drive. :D
I know I would love nothing more.....but why trash up a perfectly good highway?

SummitKarl
09-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Rick...at any time you may request another officer on scene, if they cannot produce another officer on scene within (18mins--I think--some time frame) that officer must cease contact....roll your window up lock your door and say I am requesting another officer on sceen.........should be end of story unless the officer is impaired some how.. that law is there to prevent officer harassment of citizens

Havasu Carrera
09-25-2007, 07:24 PM
after he pulls you over
What do you do?
And I thought Cas was bad.

Nord
09-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Rick...at any time you may request another officer on scene, if they cannot produce another officer on scene within (18mins--I think--some time frame) that officer must cease contact....roll your window up lock your door and say I am requesting another officer on sceen.........should be end of story unless the officer is impaired some how.. that law is there to prevent officer harassment
I wonder if that applies to California as well:idea:

Riverkid
09-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Sounds like it happens at the Insp. Port...:mad:

nodigg
09-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Sound like the officer has a case of littlecox syndrome :D
NODOUBT!
I'm just amazed that a guy who was fired for positive drug tests from a driving job, and got caught stealing from another employer was hired on in his capacity.
This guy has a history of irritating and inciting people to do crazy things against him, gets off on it and then sues them. He used to tell people how he gets off on just fu**king with people's heads. And now he's a cop?

nodigg
09-25-2007, 07:28 PM
Rick...at any time you may request another officer on scene, if they cannot produce another officer on scene within (18mins--I think--some time frame) that officer must cease contact....roll your window up lock your door and say I am requesting another officer on sceen.........should be end of story unless the officer is impaired some how.. that law is there to prevent officer harassment of citizens
If you are correct...this would probably only result in someone to back him up I fear. What I really want to know is, if you did not commit a crime, can you leave the point of contact if you do not do what the officer says to do. When the guy tells you "You will NOT leave until you tie that boom down"

nodigg
09-25-2007, 07:29 PM
You did not state what city this was in. I am going to bet Lake Forest or Possibly Mission Viejo. Not AZ If I am correct Hmmmmm otherwise get used to it. That place is going down hill fast. Crooked cops are not a rare disease there.
AZ port of entry, Topock AZ

SummitKarl
09-25-2007, 07:30 PM
I wonder if that applies to California as well:idea:
all states......and every peace officer... and yes I have used it on a CHP in El Centro;)

Riverkid
09-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Might be easier to just chain it down and run on through... DOT guys can be Azzholes... :mad:

nodigg
09-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Might be easier to just chain it down and run on through... DOT guys can be Azzholes... :mad:
Yeah, it might, but then, he also harrasses anyone who works for me on all kinds of non legal issues. It will not end it appears unitil the state and or he gets a hard ass attroney in their face. I'm looking for an appology and finacial hardship on his part at this point. But again, can I roll if he says no??
When there is no reason for him to prevent me from doing so except by his own wishes?

SummitKarl
09-25-2007, 07:38 PM
If you are correct...this would probably only result in someone to back him up I fear. What I really want to know is, if you did not commit a crime, can you leave the point of contact if you do not do what the officer says to do. When the guy tells you "You will NOT leave until you tie that boom down"
in that case.....you better do what he says.......he is enforcing what he sees as a possible safety hazard to other motorist...the deal I speak of is for like the girl in Poway that got raped by a CHP by opening her window on a dark poor lit area........
or if a officer is obviously impaired or acting irrationally.. or you feel as your life is in danger from this officer sort of thing

Phat Matt
09-25-2007, 07:39 PM
NODOUBT!
I'm just amazed that a guy who was fired for positive drug tests from a driving job, and got caught stealing from another employer was hired on in his capacity.
This guy has a history of irritating and inciting people to do crazy things against him, gets off on it and then sues them. He used to tell people how he gets off on just fu**king with people's heads. And now he's a cop?
One of my friends who is a cop kinda said the same thing to me a couple of weeks ago. He can't believe some of the people they are hiring on lately.
We were in Vegas and as a joke when we were taking turns buying rounds he said "just remember guys, I am on an honest cops salary". :D
I told him to start shaking perps down for our next trip. :D

SummitKarl
09-25-2007, 07:44 PM
AZ port of entry, Topock AZ
oh well....that explains it.......your talking about a AZ DPS officer.....those guys are so mean they give each other tickets:D

Boatcop
09-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Most DOT Inspectors at AZ Weigh Stations ARE NOT PEACE OFFICERS. At least not in the sense that City Police, Deputy Sheriff's, Highway Patrol, etc. are.
They have limited authority and can enforce weight limits and certain CMV laws, write those kinds of tickets and that's it. They do not have arrest powers, nor are they Certified by AZ POST.
Prior history of drug use, thefts, etc are disqualifiers for Peace Officer Certification, and would have shown up in even the most cursory background investigation.
Please don't lump this low level state employee in with us Law Enforcement Professionals.

SummitKarl
09-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Most DOT Inspectors at AZ Weigh Stations ARE NOT PEACE OFFICERS. At least not in the sense that City Police, Deputy Sheriff's, Highway Patrol, etc. are.
They have limited authority and can enforce weight limits and certain CMV laws, write those kinds of tickets and that's it. They do not have arrest powers, nor are they Certified by AZ POST.
Prior history of drug use, thefts, etc are disqualifiers for Peace Officer Certification, and would have shown up in even the most cursory background investigation.
Please don't lump this low level state employee in with us Law Enforcement Professionals.
yes but the DPS cruisers ALWAYS!!! parked there do;) = (no win situtation for Rick)
BTW...you set for OCT 6th....leaving SARA park 10 am sharp....do you want the cell# of the guy leading the parade

Boatcop
09-25-2007, 08:17 PM
yes but the DPS cruisers ALWAYS!!! parked there do;) = (no win situtation for Rick)
BTW...you set for OCT 6th....leaving SARA park 10 am sharp....do you want the cell# of the guy leading the parade
We'll have someone up there. I won't be. I'll be in Laughlin from Thurs-Sat that week. Seeing STYX at Harrahs.
Cell number won't do any good. No signal at the Bill Williams.

Sleeper CP
09-25-2007, 08:34 PM
NODOUBT!
You just need to set him up. Document all contacts with him and others in a log book for the next 6 months and complain to his supervisor in writting ,cetified mail and if it doesn't stop get your attorney.
Sleeper CP
Bif Inch Ford Lover

slink
09-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Can you please direct me to this law site (penal code, gov code etc). Been LEO over 17yrs, never heard of this one. But I'm willing to learn something new.
In CA, if an officer has probable cause to stop you (moving violation, equiptment violation, penal code violation, etc, etc) another officer who is coming to back him, will not of seen the violation. The initial officer will decide to issue a citation or not. If he/she does, it is not your admission of guilt, but only a promise to appear in court. You have the right not to sign it, but then the officer has the right (law) to arrest you and take you forth wit to the county seat (judge). I would not suggest rolling up your window and ignoring the officer. You will probably end up with several officers on scene. One will have a tazer, one will have pepper spray and one will have a baton to safely extract your from the car to go visit the judge.
If you are afraid because you are getting stopped in an issolated area, i suggest you turn your hazzards on, call 911 from your cell phone and tell the dispatcher what you are doing and stop immediatleyupon seeing two sets of lights and/or being in a populated area. Just my .02

nodigg
09-25-2007, 08:40 PM
NOW THAT'S INTERESTING.
I especially like the low-life, wait you said low level, reference.

socalmoney
09-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Get one of these. Cheap insurance.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157410

DILLIGAF
09-25-2007, 09:01 PM
That sucks Rick. I hope you can put an end to this BS. It could get completely out of control if not addressed legally...and soon

boats&bars
09-25-2007, 11:14 PM
how about tying down the boom and not giving them the pc to stop you. sure some people can be asses but a dot handbook is a book of words, he can just say he enterpreted that section different. if you drive for a living and know there are asses like this, then why risk it and just play it safe, hope it all works out for you

speedneeder
09-26-2007, 06:20 AM
Is he a union member?

Baja Big Dog
09-26-2007, 08:37 AM
how about tying down the boom and not giving them the pc to stop you. sure some people can be asses but a dot handbook is a book of words, he can just say he enterpreted that section different. if you drive for a living and know there are asses like this, then why risk it and just play it safe, hope it all works out for you
I believe that he stated the boom WAS tied down properly, hence the lack of citation.
The camera is the best method, not within sight, (he probably knows about this subject of this forum by now). Did you say he had a criminal record? Wonder if the employers know that? sounds like little dick syndrome, like a previous post....DOCUMENTATION.....A few pictures speak a thousand words, one problem is his bro's will be on the war path also, so watch it.

Baja Big Dog
09-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Paging Shockwave(dont call me Bob)Bob...hes gonna like this one!!

Big Warlock
09-26-2007, 08:51 AM
File a restraining order. He will then have to take it to court to have it removed. At that point you can explain to the judge what has been going on including any and all evidence you have on the problem. At best the judge will leave the restraining order on him, your problem solved and he has a new problem with being able to do his job and his job will be in jeapordy. At worse, you got him to court and you had your say in front of a judge.
If he took more than 1500 dollars it is a felony and you need to proceed with charges, if you haven't already. Not sure what you have in proof, but you can get a forensic accountant that can do some work for you and a PI and have the evidence. I got my PHD in embezzelment and other games, years ago as a CFO.
Hit me up if you want some help.
Rob

PaPaG
09-26-2007, 09:33 AM
If he is DPS call for a supervisor to respond. If it is not resolved follow all required directions then make a personal visit and sign a complaint with IAD (Internal affairs department) make sure you let them know that if they do not act on this matter you are going back to the media which has already shown interest in the incident due to other complaints and they are just waiting for your return to fill them in.. If he is AZ DOT file a complaint and log incidents then proceed with legal action.

nodigg
09-26-2007, 11:06 AM
If he left it to the one issue. I could do that. He spreads his toment to all my drivers, employees and business dealings just for fun. When he is given permission, he just escalates till he irritates.

nodigg
09-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Is he a union member?
He is the PERFECT union member. Uses every else to get what he wants while he goofs off and collects.

talkinghead
09-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Need to tell a little more than that. What was the circumstances, why were you stop or contacted ??? Let me say this, Officers have more legal reasons to do things that people actually think. It is hilarious when people say "You dont have probable cause to do this," or " you are violating my rights".
We all know that yes, there is "dirty" cops out there, but trust me, most complainers have no idea what they are saying, or do not know what the big picture really is.
Fascist

lucky
09-26-2007, 07:36 PM
did Miguel ask you to blow into the flesh colored alchole tester again ?:D don't do it man its a trick - you blow into it and it spits at you :D :D miguel you fag :eek:
after he pulls you over
What do you do?

Kachina26
09-26-2007, 07:56 PM
did Miguel ask you to blow into the flesh colored alchole tester again ?:D don't do it man its a trick - you blow into it and it spits at you :D :D miguel you fag :eek:
Sounds like you've fallen for this one more than once :idea: :idea: :eek:

lucky
09-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Sounds like you've fallen for this one more than once :idea: :idea: :eek:
hey when your in handcuffs ...... :D dam toppless- i will never listen to her again - she said it wouldn't hurt .....:D :D :D :rolleyes:

TRUMP TIGHT
09-26-2007, 10:12 PM
Your first problem was pulling over!!!;)

topless
09-26-2007, 10:15 PM
hey when your in handcuffs ...... :D dam toppless- i will never listen to her again - she said it wouldn't hurt .....:D :D :D :rolleyes:Shut up!! I've gotten out of more tickets that way than you can imagine.:D :eek: .................I thought that breathalizer thingy was routine.:idea:

talkinghead
09-29-2007, 10:11 AM
It's all more evidence that we live in a police state.

SmokinLowriderSS
09-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Just spill the beans what it was!
Yep, depends tremendously on what they want you to do, and what the circumstances are.
From your next explanatory post, I'd have taken the same tact, "Go ahead and cite me if you think it isn't legal "officer" buster". :D
If he doesn't dare then report the incident, and start making a dosier of the harrassment. Eventually you beat his superiors senseless with the dosier, and they can him. :D
If you are certain you are legal, stand on your legal ground, but do it politely. Anything else DOES give him some grounds that harm you (or your case/standing).

talkinghead
09-29-2007, 12:38 PM
I say don't do it politely or impolitely, just matter of fact with little or no emotion at all. If you are not a member of the "protected class" it will be difficult though to fight these type of grievances.
I do not put police on a pedestal like so many others.