PDA

View Full Version : What A Yawner

burtandnancy
02-26-2006, 09:50 PM
That had to be the all time, most boring NASCAR race of all time. The next 34 races this season will all be better. Hardly a dual, nary a spin, no drama. This was the first contest to kinda make you like restrictor plate racing...

Kilrtoy
02-26-2006, 10:16 PM
That is why I dumped my season tickets, The races at CAl speedway , just plain suck

DRMCAT
02-26-2006, 10:20 PM
That is why I dumped my season tickets, The races at CAl speedway , just plain suck
There is a racetrack in California? There is more action at the drop off at Ontario airport.............

Kilrtoy
02-26-2006, 10:26 PM
There is a racetrack in California? There is more action at the drop off at Ontario airport.............
I would agree.... CAL is a HUGE WASTE OF MONEY

DUNDUN
02-26-2006, 10:28 PM
yeah, guess whats next on the schedule? las vegas.. another sleeper. yay... i hate these cookie-cutter 1.5 mile tracks, i dont see whats wrong with building a new 1/2 mile that will accomidate racing at the nascar level. why is it that everyone wants a 1.5 mile? the race sucked, but atleast i got to see "smoke" go up in smoke.

MagicMtnDan
02-26-2006, 10:29 PM
Was there a race today? I turned on TV and saw what looked like a parade of brightly colored stock cars going around and around. They'd look even better if they were actually racing :D

HighRoller
02-27-2006, 06:41 AM
And to think, Darlington lost the Southern 500 to this garbage track just because Cali gets better TV ratings. That's why they call it "CASHCAR"....

Flashover
02-27-2006, 06:48 AM
The california race is always boring. Vegas is pretty boring also,but we go to that one every year because its vegas. But we to are canceling our season tickets to vegas after this year.

BILLY.B
02-27-2006, 06:57 AM
Hey Burt...I was telling Randy D. Friday night at the truck race that they should of built another Bristol instead of the 1 1/2 mile sleeper they have now. Could you imagine the crowd. They'd have to have built at least 250,000 seats, not to mention the weekend races they could of had out there to off set the cost.

sam pioske
02-27-2006, 07:03 AM
Drmcat: Yes there is sometimes more action at that airport ---Left a couple off to catch a flight to Nor-cal circled a few times towing my boat to see if they got off, after a few rounds turned into the parking lot Went throiugh the gate and glanced in the rear view mirror- wham the gate came down between truck and boat oh! oh! found a place to park, people came and waved goodby, cop pulled up knew this was bad as the gate arm was laying in the boat! He groweled get it moving I did!

dirty old man
02-27-2006, 08:22 AM
The most exciting moment: when NASCAR thru a caution yellow because a driver threw his glove out the window!

rrrr
02-27-2006, 09:20 AM
I would agree.... CAL is a HUGE WASTE OF MONEY
The IRL dumped the Cal race in this year's schedule. Attendance sucked, and so did the racing. If you've been in the suites and just generally looked around it's easy to see that the track was built on the cheap and one day it's gonna get torn down for the RE value.
The trackside suites look like AA meeting rooms, cheap ass carpet, tables and chairs from Beaner's Mexican Food. :rolleyes:

HighRoller
02-27-2006, 09:47 AM
The most exciting moment: when NASCAR thru a caution yellow because a driver threw his glove out the window!
They'll find any reason to throw the yellow when the racing is this bad.

burtandnancy
02-27-2006, 02:39 PM
Billy B, I read where they introduced the fans to the drivers on Friday nite instead of the drivers to the fans...

Wmc
02-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Yeah California is the worst track for racing, that is why you go in the in field and party!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2683IMG_1429_2_.JPG

DUNDUN
02-27-2006, 03:14 PM
they should of built another Bristol instead of the 1 1/2 mile sleeper they have now. Could you imagine the crowd. They'd have to have built at least 250,000 seats, not to mention the weekend races they could of had out there to off set the cost.
exactly.. usac could come through, the could fill it with dirt like they did to bristol for the world of outlaws. damn. that would be awesome.

Debbolas
02-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Arizona has a nice track, and they bring the ice cold beer cans up to you while you sit in your seat. :D

mikendel
02-27-2006, 10:39 PM
Yeah California is the worst track for racing, that is why you go in the in field and party!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2683IMG_1429_2_.JPG
Thats the only way to do it. I am still recovering from that boring race, but great party.