PDA

View Full Version : World Short Block = Good Start?

mondorally
09-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Has anyone built a boat motor using a World short block? I was thinking about their 632 as a good starting point for a NA motor and figured I could add marine compatible heads & cam.
Any internal changes necessary? Any other comments/concerns/ideas?
http://worldcastings.com/prods_pages/BigBlockChevyShortBlockAssemblies.htm
Thanks

cstraub
09-26-2007, 10:41 AM
You could piece it together, have a local shop bore/hone/deck/ and check all tolerances and assemble it close to home. That way if you have trouble down the road you wont be out a $1000 in freight.
Several of my engine builder customers talk highly of the Dart block. You may want to check them out.

bajarunner
09-26-2007, 04:38 PM
You could piece it together, have a local shop bore/hone/deck/ and check all tolerances and assemble it close to home. That way if you have trouble down the road you wont be out a $1000 in freight.
Several of my engine builder customers talk highly of the Dart block. You may want to check them out.
X2. Great advise!! Also find out who's components there using, like crank, rods, rod bolts, pistons, etc.

BOOGEYMAN
09-26-2007, 04:58 PM
How much for that short block?? I can get good deals on engines and short blocks from www.steveschmidtracing.com if you are interested....
Or my buddy has a 737 Steve Schmidt Dirty Harry N20 engine (never sprayed) was bought new in 06, all the best parts just freshened July 07 engine makes 1502Hp with 1170 torque(without the bottle) have dyno and build sheets for the motor. Engine is 59K new asking $39,500 firm :devil: :devil: :devil: :D
Travis