PDA

View Full Version : Prop covers.....for cleavers....thanks

clearfork
09-26-2007, 10:09 AM
Hey Folks,
I wanted to know if anyone had some suggestions for covering the props on the back of my boat. They are four blade clevers and are extremely sharp.
The swim platform is made out of aluminum and you must swim between the motors to board. I wont have any problem but I have a five year old who might kick the prop accidently. They are three kinds of sharp and probably would involve stiches, if kicked.
I wondered if anyone had a example of what they are using and where to buy them. Phone and link are apreciated.
My wife is worried about the little man and I want to ease her mind and make sure that swimming /boating remains safe and fun.
i apreciate any and all input or suggestions.
Finally got the boat home, Now its time to start tinkering and bumping it up.
Thanks ,
MP

It's Only Money
09-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Why don't you do yourself the favor and move to a non-cleaver prop. You probably don't have the balls to drive that boats at the limits to warrant cleavers. Rumour has it your old boat is doing quite nicely under the skilled hands of the new owner. 98 mph for the Red Barron and absolutely rock steady. Hasn't scared anyone but you.

Havasu Hangin'
09-26-2007, 11:10 AM
I won a couple nylon/foam padded prop covers at a poker run last year. I use them for trailering, but I bet you could slip them on while in the water, too.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Rumour has it your old boat is doing quite nicely under the skilled hands of the new owner. 98 mph for the Red Barron and absolutely rock steady. Hasn't scared anyone but you.
Sure looked good last weekend.....

phebus
09-26-2007, 02:06 PM
:D :) :D
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:0HZedTkokWAlSM:www.creativecookware.c om/images/cleaver%20knife.JPG
:) :D :)

HALLETT BOY
09-26-2007, 02:50 PM
IOM, I've started my fair share of crap but you take the cake. Rumor has it that any fu(ktard with nothing more than a 454 in a 25ft boat probably shouldn't be running at the mouth about goin fast. Your post was uncalled for and showed your lack of class. If Clearfork had called you out for no reason I'd have jumped his sh*t just as fast.
Rio
I was wondering when someone would respond to that...

ratso
09-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Why don't you do yourself the favor and move to a non-cleaver prop. You probably don't have the balls to drive that boats at the limits to warrant cleavers. Rumour has it your old boat is doing quite nicely under the skilled hands of the new owner. 98 mph for the Red Barron and absolutely rock steady. Hasn't scared anyone but you.
...at least we know whose nuts you're swinging from.:rolleyes:

Screemy1
09-26-2007, 04:48 PM
wow, dog a person because they admit they don't need a super fast ride.... but you would be the first to bash a person who would keep one and be dangerous.... I would rather boat with 200 cautious boaters that do not have boats going over 80MPH then 30 boat fly past 80!!! and cruising off shore boats on a lake.... I drove large boats before.... in the ocean miles and miles from shore..... that is where they are fun.... not on a lake... but to each his own....

clearfork
09-26-2007, 06:30 PM
I havent found anything yet, most of what i have found either looks cheap or is cheap. I am going to try my local canvas shop and see what they think.
I apreciate all of the constructive criticism.
I really dont have to defend my position or driving skills, walk a mile in my shoes and then we will talk.
Cheap shots from cheerleaders who have never met me. Relax and think before you type. Try to be a gentleman, I think we are all out if the 7th grade by now.
I agree with you on one part though, that is the nicest boat I ever owned, I put alot of my own blood sweat and tears in it. I hope that Mitch is still enjoying it. It is a beautiful boat. I tried with the help of alot of people to make that the best boat I could, I didnt work out for me and I have no hard feelings. and most importantly no ill will. I simply have moved on, no big deal.
I will say though..
I have looked at a whole lot of different manufacturers lately before my new boat purchase. It really makes me respect the guys in Valencia, and Newbury Park, the construction of the Howard was way above par. way way above par. They set the bar pretty high.
My new boat is also a 90 mph boat. I exspect here in a couple of weeks to have it in the mid to high 90's. I have had no problems driving this boat and I am enjoying it alot so far. Most importantly my wife likes the boat...
Now if I could only find some quality thick prop covers.......
Thanks i apreciate any and all help
MP

It's Only Money
09-27-2007, 10:47 AM
IOM, I've started my fair share of crap but you take the cake. Rumor has it that any fu(ktard with nothing more than a 454 in a 25ft boat probably shouldn't be running at the mouth about goin fast. Your post was uncalled for and showed your lack of class. If Clearfork had called you out for no reason I'd have jumped his sh*t just as fast.
Rio
RIOPUKE - I've driven boats to 105. NHRA Modified Production cars to 179. No planes - yet. I can say from the sh!t that a$$hole clearfock gave TPI over the extraoridary efforts that were given to produce good service he deserves every shot he will get.

It's Only Money
09-27-2007, 10:51 AM
wow, dog a person because they admit they don't need a super fast ride.... but you would be the first to bash a person who would keep one and be dangerous.... I would rather boat with 200 cautious boaters that do not have boats going over 80MPH then 30 boat fly past 80!!! and cruising off shore boats on a lake.... I drove large boats before.... in the ocean miles and miles from shore..... that is where they are fun.... not on a lake... but to each his own....
Scrambled - If you knew the history of the Red Barron and the idiot clearfock that scary hisself to chit his pants in it you would understand. Nothing dangerous at all about that boat - in capable hands. In much less than capable hands - yes he was dangerous. Dipchit never drove a Howard before ordering one over the phone from 2,000+ miles away. The "dogged" everyone around when he couldn't drive it without chitting himself. Piece of work.

It's Only Money
09-27-2007, 10:52 AM
...at least we know whose nuts you're swinging from.:rolleyes:
My own. Keep away faggot.

squirt'nmyload
09-27-2007, 10:53 AM
RIOPUKE - I've driven boats to 105.
thats it? ....life starts at 105 :D :D

WaterJunky
09-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Hey Folks,
I wanted to know if anyone had some suggestions for covering the props on the back of my boat. They are four blade clevers and are extremely sharp.
The swim platform is made out of aluminum and you must swim between the motors to board. I wont have any problem but I have a five year old who might kick the prop accidently. They are three kinds of sharp and probably would involve stiches, if kicked.
I wondered if anyone had a example of what they are using and where to buy them. Phone and link are apreciated.
My wife is worried about the little man and I want to ease her mind and make sure that swimming /boating remains safe and fun.
i apreciate any and all input or suggestions.
Finally got the boat home, Now its time to start tinkering and bumping it up.
Thanks ,
MP
Getting away from the bitterness and bile that is being spewed, I would just talk to your local canvas shop and have them make you a cover for it. Personally I would use nylon cloth and a thick neoprene together. The nylon would be durable and the neoprene would add padding for WHEN the boy kicks one.
Just a thought.

ratso
09-27-2007, 12:47 PM
My own. Keep away because I'm a big faggot.
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :idea:

ratso
09-27-2007, 12:52 PM
That was cute, Ratso.LOL:D
Rio
:D

djunkie
09-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Well Ash*le, this fits in nicely with the majority of your other posts which are just as offensive, usually to peeps that don't deserve them. I'd match wit's with you be you come up short in every catagory.
105 in a boat just isn't any big deal, 179 any stock Corvette will probably do off the showroom floor. I've got your plane covered and if you had the balls I'd be more than happy to take you up and make you see GOD. The last assh*le thought he was BMOC was puken his guts out before we even got back on the runway. I*'d bet even Clearfork would just love to take you for a plane ride but he'd prolly throw your worthless as* out BEFORE he got back on the runway. As soon as BNB decides to let me drive his choo choo train I'll let you know how that goes but until then you're still a classless tool.
Riopuke
LOL!!!!!!

NashvilleBound
09-27-2007, 02:18 PM
IOM: I was wondering why all your posts are so hatefull then I looked at where you live.... all makes sense now. Your not part of the circle here, as much as you would like to be, so why dont you just go away. Ill be in Vegas for the next three days if you venturing that way.... maybe we could have a little face to face and clear the air..... it would be refreshing.

clearfork
09-27-2007, 06:55 PM
Well I went to Canvas Unique in Nashville today.
I took the advice and asked around.
Joe had made some before and had some nice pictures.
They will have a elastic type drawstring and about 1" of foam padding,
they will be made of some type of heavy canvas type stiff 9-12oz.
Colors that will match the boat and contrasting piping.
75.00 each not bad really.
Also while I was there I ordered a bimini top and a new mooring cover that goes from chine to chine.
real nice folks too he is traveling out to measure the boat in my shop, very reasonably priced. Showed me 6 different type covers he was working on and the advantages/disadvantages of each one.
It made for a very productive trip, I apreciate the advice.
Thanks guys....MP

XtrmWakeborder
09-27-2007, 07:27 PM
IOM: I was wondering why all your posts are so hatefull then I looked at where you live.... all makes sense now. Your not part of the circle here, as much as you would like to be, so why dont you just go away. Ill be in Vegas for the next three days if you venturing that way.... maybe we could have a little face to face and clear the air..... it would be refreshing.
Shut up meat head....don't hurt me!....lol:D