PDA

View Full Version : So I was just speakin' with Smokin' Lowrider...

Jetaholic
09-26-2007, 06:58 PM
...and once I have a few more hours on my new motor (currently have about 6-7 hours on it), he's got me sold on getting a 150HP shot of nitrous on her.
I never thought I'd ever resort to the bottle, but I'm seriously thinkin' about installing a NOS system over the winter. Anyone have any pointers/tips/things I should know before I do it?

Squirtin Thunder
09-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Put a Big Bad Ford in that boat and forget the juice:D
Or get on of these;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfBSTiixEwg

squirt'nmyload
09-26-2007, 07:33 PM
...and once I have a few more hours on my new motor (currently have about 6-7 hours on it), he's got me sold on getting a 150HP shot of nitrous on her.
I never thought I'd ever resort to the bottle, but I'm seriously thinkin' about installing a NOS system over the winter. Anyone have any pointers/tips/things I should know before I do it?
why?.......just curious :)

squirt
09-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Read the directions, install it and have fun. Biggest bang for the buck IMO, only draw back is the refills. Gotta pay to play tho:D If ya need a full throttle switch check out my link:)

Oldsquirt
09-26-2007, 07:52 PM
...and once I have a few more hours on my new motor (currently have about 6-7 hours on it).....
Why wait? If it was put together right it should be good to go right now.......If it wasn't, no amount of extra hours will matter...........

OverKill
09-26-2007, 08:02 PM
That is to cool. Squirtcha? has convinced me of the same thing. We will be putting mine on this Sunday at his place. Dan/Squirtcha? already has the gas on his, so I'm sure he know's all the in and outs of installation. I will be running it on Oct 6th, so I will let you know how it turns out. Currently I am running 71.8mph, lets see what a 150 shot will do for me.
OverKill

Jetaholic
09-26-2007, 11:59 PM
Put a Big Bad Ford in that boat and forget the juice:D
Or get on of these;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfBSTiixEwg
Obviously someone hasn't read my new sig...:D

SmokinLowriderSS
09-27-2007, 07:14 PM
Why wait? If it was put together right it should be good to go right now.......If it wasn't, no amount of extra hours will matter...........
He's still got the inner springs out of the valvetrain, so really needs to stay below 5-grand or so untill putting the inners in. Floating a valve would not be a good thing. :eek:
I was advised to leave them out for 10 hours OR SO, and I think it was sound advice on a flat tappet cam, so I pass it along. He's doing the same thing.
We have almost the identical motor build, but for the Comp. Ratio.

Sleeper CP
09-27-2007, 07:53 PM
[QUOTE=Jetaholic;2810071]...and once I have a few more hours on my new motor (currently have about 6-7 hours on it),/QUOTE]
FYI: It was broken in 5 hrs ago:idea: It's ready if you are going to do it.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

Oldsquirt
09-27-2007, 08:31 PM
He's still got the inner springs out of the valvetrain, so really needs to stay below 5-grand or so untill putting the inners in. Floating a valve would not be a good thing. :eek:
I was advised to leave them out for 10 hours OR SO, and I think it was sound advice on a flat tappet cam, so I pass it along. He's doing the same thing.
Some people may like to do that, but it's really not NECESSARY.
Jetaholic, put the springs back in and get on with your boating. That thing was as good to go as it was going to get by the time you put it back on the trailer after its first outing.