PDA

View Full Version : why cant i PM anyone??

matt1840
09-26-2007, 08:59 PM
i just registered sunday morning and still cannot PM anyone. I checked the faqs did what it said and still nothing, i dont have the options that the faq says i should have...
i really need to PM a few people but cannot.
can anyone help???

Rexone
09-27-2007, 01:15 AM
i just registered sunday morning and still cannot PM anyone. I checked the faqs did what it said and still nothing, i dont have the options that the faq says i should have...
i really need to PM a few people but cannot.
can anyone help???
Because I don't think we have an admin taking care of anything.
I fixed it for you. :)

matt1840
09-27-2007, 08:22 AM
thank you very much.... im not able to email anyone either can you fix that as well???

gabe79
09-30-2007, 08:16 AM
Me 3. I cannot put a pic on my avatar either.

Rexone
09-30-2007, 11:36 AM
gabe you are fixed. :)
matt the email function on this site has not worked for as long as I can remember. Sorry can't help with that, that's an admin deal.

matt1840
09-30-2007, 12:52 PM
not a problem... thanx for trying!

PROPIN IT
09-30-2007, 08:41 PM
rex can you help me with my avatar

cole runner
10-01-2007, 10:11 AM
Hey REX I can't pm, post pics or add an avatar could you help me thanks

Hava Stoker
10-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Hey Rexone,
I changed my e-mail address and lost my avatar and ability to PM. Can you help me out? Thanks.

Rexone
10-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Should be working again now for all 3 above. :)

DodgeChick
10-04-2007, 07:43 PM
I tried to change my password, and now I can not PM or post pictures ;) . Rex, can you please fix...Thank you :D

Rexone
10-04-2007, 09:29 PM
all set :)

sloboat
10-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Hi Rex.... I started a post this mornig and have been trying towork though and figure out how to post correctly... however I haven't been able to find a place to upload photos from my computer... SANGSTER has tried to help but apparently someting is missing... and then OLDSQUIRT suggested I contact you here.
I also discovered that when I scroll to the bottom of the page for this thread there is a box lower left with posting rules and it says:
you MAY post new threads
you MAY post replies
you MAY NOT post attachments
you MAY edit your posts
this must be a key to the problem NOT being allowed to post attachments...
but I have no idea how to change this or why it is listed this way..
any ideas???
To upload a picture to a forum post do i first have to have the photo in a gallery on this site???? I found the galleries but couldn't figure out how to upload to the gallery.... It just says I don't have any pictures in my gallery but doesn't seem to give me anyway of posting one to it and then linking from the forum post to it...
thanks for your time.... sloboat

Rexone
10-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Give it a try now, everything should be working. :)

sloboat
10-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Hey Rex.... OK... now the buttons are there and I was able to upload a photo from my computer into the gallery.... now how do I get it into a forum post? I tried on a new post... hit the "insert image" button... went to the gallery and "copied the shortcut" for the photo and pasted that into the insert image box and then saved the post and all i got was a red X box... I tried a couple of other things and nothing worked.... a good simple tutorial sure would be helpful for newbies rather than (like I have) spending 6-7 hours getting frustrated... and by the looks of the questions you are answering on these threads there are a lot of people that are having similar problems figuring it out... thanks in advance for your help, and i can only imagine how frustrating it is for you.... thanks, sloboat

Rexone
10-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Hey Rex.... OK... now the buttons are there and I was able to upload a photo from my computer into the gallery.... now how do I get it into a forum post? I tried on a new post... hit the "insert image" button... went to the gallery and "copied the shortcut" for the photo and pasted that into the insert image box and then saved the post and all i got was a red X box... I tried a couple of other things and nothing worked.... a good simple tutorial sure would be helpful for newbies rather than (like I have) spending 6-7 hours getting frustrated... and by the looks of the questions you are answering on these threads there are a lot of people that are having similar problems figuring it out... thanks in advance for your help, and i can only imagine how frustrating it is for you.... thanks, sloboat
There's a photo rundown at the top of several forums including the test forum and also another one in the how to forum that should answer your questions. You must copy the properties (the URL) of the photo, including the .jpg or .gif.

Ara
10-18-2007, 04:35 PM
I'm new here, but never got my activation e-mail. Can that be re-sent to me please? I assume my pm's will be functional after activation.
Ara

EAZYKILLER2006
10-18-2007, 04:52 PM
dang :idea:
what happend to the rule :D you have to HAVE 100 posts, before the Anything gets activated?:)

Rexone
10-19-2007, 12:43 AM
I'm new here, but never got my activation e-mail. Can that be re-sent to me please? I assume my pm's will be functional after activation.
Ara
The auto email doesn't work on the site. I set it manually for you, should be good to go now.

Ara
10-19-2007, 08:58 AM
Thank you.

Kazanski
10-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Due to the e-mail issue, my PM's and Avatar aren't working either! Could you help me out too please!!

Rexone
10-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Due to the e-mail issue, my PM's and Avatar aren't working either! Could you help me out too please!!
fixed :)

Kazanski
10-21-2007, 06:57 AM
Thank You!!! :)

Rexone
10-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Thank You!!! :)
Welcome :)

Master Sergeant
10-28-2007, 02:43 PM
I am a new user and can not figure out how to post an avatar or pic to message. Can you help?

RitcheyRch
10-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Rex, I changed my e-mail address and lost my PM function. Could you please fix when you have some spare time? Thanks in advance.

Rexone
10-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Both the above should now be working. :)

RitcheyRch
10-29-2007, 04:31 AM
Thank you very much.
Both the above should now be working. :)