PDA

View Full Version : Flow torque exhaust

Petesflht
09-27-2007, 04:54 AM
can I transfer my Dana Flowtorque Exhaust system from a 2006 496 Mag to a 2002 496 HO ? Changing boats and do not want to let my Dana system go with the 06. Thanks for the input.

Beer-30
09-27-2007, 05:39 AM
Yep.
Same motor. The exhaust doesn't know anything other than the exhaust ports (same heads) and exh water temp sensors (same between HO and MAG).

Dana Marine Products
09-27-2007, 10:03 AM
It can be done, but there are some provisions.
One, the 2002 engine uses a different ECM bracket assembly. You can bring us your bracket and we can modifiy it for you. The bracket off of your 2006 will not work. The wire loom is simply too tight on the 2002 motor and it will not work.
Two, It is possible you will have to extend the port side heat sensor. You have to cut, and solder on a two wire extension. Be sure to shrink wrap properly.
Three, the 2002 engine uses a different lower manifold fitting. I would advise that you put the 2006 manifolds back on the 2006 engine, with the 2006 lower manifold fittings. When installing the exhaust on the 2002 engine, be sure to get the newer revised lower manifold fittings from Dana Marine. There is no charge for these. You may already have them since we sent out fitting kits to anyone who bought these kits. If you bought your system from a dealer, there's a chance you didn't get your kit. Just give me a call, and we'll get you set up.
And just one more thing, you may want to find out if the 2002 engine you're getting ready to own has had the newer ECM flash done. Alot of the earlier engines had a real rich fuel curve, and Merc was offering a re-flash at no charge to try to clean up the exhaust. The earlier engines were well known for puffing black smoke.
Being that you have a 2006 Mag engine, the fuel pressure regulator should not have been changed when the exhaust install was done. Even though you're going to an HO engine, you will NOT need to modify the fuel pressure. Anything 2004 or earlier does not need the change. Only 2005 or newer 496HO applications require the regulator change.

Beer-30
09-27-2007, 02:14 PM
Well, the motor side of it will fit, but I guess bracketry and plumbing is slightly different.
Still worth changing over, though. I would think.