PDA

View Full Version : Home Business Opportunities..Anybody Use Them

tittyman
09-27-2007, 07:23 AM
Anybody use any of the home business opportunities you see on TV or any other ones...have you had success with one of these? Did you have to invest much capital to buy one..are you happy with the outcome? What are the ones the you have heard are good and which ones to stay away from....

uvindex
09-27-2007, 07:36 AM
I've never used one. I'm wary of any home-based opportunity that I have to buy .
The FTC has some tips on evaluating work-at-home schemes: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/invest/homewrk.shtm
Good luck. :)

rvrtoy
09-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Anybody use any of the home business opportunities you see on TV or any other ones...have you had success with one of these? Did you have to invest much capital to buy one..are you happy with the outcome? What are the ones the you have heard are good and which ones to stay away from....
pm me your email address and I will forward you one that I have found and it is blowing up across the country and is currently having a HUGE push in Northern Idaho.

ChumpChange
09-27-2007, 07:49 AM
pm me your email address and I will forward you one that I have found and it is blowing up across the country and is currently having a HUGE push in Northern Idaho.
Is it www.nobossknowfreedom.com? :idea: :D

rvrtoy
09-27-2007, 07:52 AM
Is it www.nobossknowfreedom.com? :idea: :D
Good guess!!:D :D

uvindex
09-27-2007, 07:56 AM
Is it www.nobossknowfreedom.com? :idea: :DWhat the heck is that? I'm scared to click on it after googling it and seeing it appear only in signatures. Please let me in on the secret. :)

rvrtoy
09-27-2007, 08:01 AM
In short, it is a publically traded technology company that is changing the way people communicate on the web. Go to www.nobossknowfreedom.com and click on the big green play button. If you have any questions, I will call you and answer them for you.

uvindex
09-27-2007, 08:09 AM
In short, it is a publically traded technology company that is changing the way people communicate on the web. Go to www.nobossknowfreedom.com and click on the big green play button. If you have any questions, I will call you and answer them for you.Thank you for clearing that up for me. When I first clicked on that noboss... link it redirected me to a vmdirect site and I immediately got nervous and closed that browser session. :)

rvrtoy
09-27-2007, 08:26 AM
LOL...no it's safe!! And a whole lot of fun I might add. That is just my personal domain forwarding you to my replicated webpage for VM. :D

tittyman
09-27-2007, 09:54 AM
Because your program is multilevel marketing..how many a day do you have to sign up to make money...

Magic34
09-27-2007, 10:00 AM
I know a thing or 2 about MLM aka network marketing. Just ask. :)
In the end, if it sounds too good to be true... Guess what, it is. Making money takes work, no matter what you do. Same applies with MLM. If you want to make $20k/month in MLM, you work a lot. The reward is great, but it isn't a 20 hour/week gig.

Magic34
09-27-2007, 10:08 AM
1 more...
My school of thought is this. What you you get for the sign up? Is it just a fee, or is it product that you receive in inventory.
It is illegal to pay a commission based on simply signing someone up. That would be classified as a pyramid scheme. MLM is not that. The overall structure may appear that way, but commissions are paid based on product being purchased and/or sold.
Legally, the feds want to see retail sales by distributors for a MLM really to be legit.

rvrtoy
09-27-2007, 10:22 AM
You will get out of it what you put into it. I work my VMDirect business approximately 6 to 10 hours a week and I make roughly $2k per month at this point (3 months in). I have a very good friend who works this business full time (40 to 45 hours per week) and is brinking in over $25k per month. It just depends on what you are looking for. This in NOT for everyone and is NOT a get rich quick scam. It is in fact a make lots of money slow and steady work program. By the way, I only have 2 affilites working under me. My income is generated more by recruiting retail customers.

rvrtoy
09-27-2007, 10:26 AM
I know a thing or 2 about MLM aka network marketing. Just ask. :)
In the end, if it sounds too good to be true... Guess what, it is. Making money takes work, no matter what you do. Same applies with MLM. If you want to make $20k/month in MLM, you work a lot. The reward is great, but it isn't a 20 hour/week gig.
It may be 20 hours a week two years down the road because of residual income but surely not in the beginning. It is a lot of work but if you can see the value and the need or desire for the product it is a lot of easy work.

Magic34
09-27-2007, 10:29 AM
You will get out of it what you put into it. I work my VMDirect business approximately 6 to 10 hours a week and I make roughly $2k per month at this point (3 months in). I have a very good friend who works this business full time (40 to 45 hours per week) and is brinking in over $25k per month. It just depends on what you are looking for. This in NOT for everyone and is NOT a get rich quick scam. It is in fact a make lots of money slow and steady work program. By the way, I only have 2 affilites working under me. My income is generated more by recruiting retail customers.
Did your company recently change names? I was looking at the link and thought to myself it seemed like it was HelloWorld, then saw the HelloWorld product on your site. The product is a good idea, just was not familiar with VMDirect.

Magic34
09-27-2007, 10:33 AM
It may be 20 hours a week two years down the road because of residual income but surely not in the beginning. It is a lot of work but if you can see the value and the need or desire for the product it is a lot of easy work.
Have an organiztion of 3000+ people, it is never 20 hours per week. If you are making $10k+ a month at MLM, you are on the phone a ton, emailing, traveling to meetings, etc. Your communication with your organization takes up a lot of time, and you want it to.
It is a great gig. There is freedom there, but as a leader you must drive it daily and continue your group on the same path. When you slow down, your group will to.

tittyman
09-27-2007, 10:37 AM
I am a spec. builder. I have one 1 million dollar home left in inventory. Not going to do any other projects until the market changes and I sell this last home. Thought I would just toss this idea out to the members and see if there are any success stories...Magic34, your right. Nothing but hard work makes good money..I just have a lot of spare time right now...
Any other people out there working a home business?
Rvrtoy, you make an additional $2000 per month with only 2 people under you and spend your time recruiting other people. So I guess what you are saying is these 2 people you have, generate an additional $500 per week for you? I'm still interested and still listening....How are you paid and how often..

rvrtoy
09-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Did your company recently change names? I was looking at the link and thought to myself it seemed like it was HelloWorld, then saw the HelloWorld product on your site. The product is a good idea, just was not familiar with VMDirect.
Helloworld is the consumer site and VMDirect is the affiliate recruiting site. It is all the same company. Because I am an affiliate I use a combination of both sites. Helloworld for my family and friends communication and VMDirect for those who may be interested in becoming and affiliate. My helloworld homepage is www.helloworld.com/skhoma .

rvrtoy
09-27-2007, 10:41 AM
I am a spec. builder. I have one 1 million dollar home left in inventory. Not going to do any other projects until the market changes and I sell this last home. Thought I would just toss this idea out to the members and see if there are any success stories...Magic34, your right. Nothing but hard work makes good money..I just have a lot of spare time right now...
Any other people out there working a home business?
Rvrtoy, you make an additional $2000 per month with only 2 people under you and spend your time recruiting other people. So I guess what you are saying is these 2 people you have, generate an additional $500 per week for you? I'm still interested and still listening....How are you paid and how often..
Commisions are paid monthly by direct deposit into my bank account. I make 20% of all my retail customers bills monthly and that is where most of the money comes from. Don't get me wrong, it is work, I just combine my time with my other business. Basically, I have changed my email habits and only use my video email. this tends to peak alot of interest.

rvrtoy
09-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Have an organiztion of 3000+ people, it is never 20 hours per week. If you are making $10k+ a month at MLM, you are on the phone a ton, emailing, traveling to meetings, etc. Your communication with your organization takes up a lot of time, and you want it to.
It is a great gig. There is freedom there, but as a leader you must drive it daily and continue your group on the same path. When you slow down, your group will to.
you are again correct. Like I said, my friend in Vegas spends roughly 40 to 45 hours per week working the business and is doing very well for himself.

topless
09-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Paging HolyMoly!!!!! These people need your expert advise here.:D

spectratoad
09-27-2007, 11:11 AM
I tried the homes based gynecology thing but it didn't pan out and the wife wasn't very appreciative of my hard work to bring in extra income. :jawdrop:

Magic34
09-27-2007, 11:12 AM
I tried the homes based gynecology thing but it didn't pan out and the wife wasn't very appreciative of my hard work to bring in extra income. :jawdrop:
How long is just the training program for that though? :D

DeltaSigBoater
09-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Are you tired of your current job? Do you wanna make more money? Ever thought about being your own boss?
Send me $$$ & I’ll send you my personal package to financial success. You’ll learn the ins & outs of how to make money, and how to make money work for you.
You don’t have to quite your current job, but why would you want to continue working for someone else when you can be your own boss from the comfort of your home. The freedom and independence that you’ve always dreamed of having is right at your fingertips, all you have to do is call. And if you refer 2 friends then I’ll pay for your shipping and handling charges.
CALL NOW!!!
:D

Magic34
09-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Are you tired of your current job? Do you wanna make more money? Ever thought about being your own boss?
Send me $$$ & I’ll send you my personal package to financial success. You’ll learn the ins & outs of how to make money, and how to make money work for you.
You don’t have to quite your current job, but why would you want to continue working for someone else when you can be your own boss from the comfort of your home. The freedom and independence that you’ve always dreamed of having is right at your fingertips, all you have to do is call. And if you refer 2 friends then I’ll pay for your shipping and handling charges.
CALL NOW!!!
:D
What is the number, sounds great!!! :D

topless
09-27-2007, 11:21 AM
CALL NOW!!!
:DWOW!!! How can I resist!:idea:

spectratoad
09-27-2007, 11:27 AM
How long is just the training program for that though? :D
40 years so far. :D

YeLLowBoaT
09-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Send me 10k cash now... and I wll tell you how to make millions... :D
you can't fail if you fallow my system.

DeltaSigBoater
09-27-2007, 11:47 AM
I had class with this dorky kid, who was trying to convince me that those making money in real estate programs (the one w/ the twin little people in matching suits) were the it ticket to making $$$. He wanted me to invest with him, well come to find out that he bought a "condemned” house in National City, CA, plus he had racked up over $80k in credit card debt, trying to get it to pass code.
Now for the kicker… he was doing all this so he could buy this girl our class, (who I happened to be dating at the time unbeknownst to him) a Mercedes, in the hopes that she would be his girlfriend!
Interested in my package, PM me for more details :D

tittyman
09-27-2007, 12:01 PM
I think we should combine the plan of Deltasigboater and Yellowboat into one program..we will all be rich. My plan is to get a van, a couple of lawn chairs, flashlite and a couple of salad tongs and provide a mobile cervix exam. I would work for tips.

cab_01
09-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Here is one that I think is great. View my website and give me a call or shoot me an email.
http://www.sandiegoxium.com
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/cab_01/banner01.jpg

tittyman
09-27-2007, 05:25 PM
CAB 01...I hope you have a good attorney. I went to your website to check out your product. For almost $300 bucks you get a little device that is suppose to save electricity..that's great. The problem is that it instructs a homeowner to go to there electrical panel, remove the panel to check for the wires they are looking for..I'm in the construction business. The last thing I want is a homeowner removing the electrical panel on the breaker box and tracing down live wires..good luck with that..

Summer LuvN
09-27-2007, 05:38 PM
CAB 01...I hope you have a good attorney. I went to your website to check out your product. For almost $300 bucks you get a little device that is suppose to save electricity..that's great. The problem is that it instructs a homeowner to go to there electrical panel, remove the panel to check for the wires they are looking for..I'm in the construction business. The last thing I want is a homeowner removing the electrical panel on the breaker box and tracing down live wires..good luck with that..
CAB01 is actually a mortician... this is his marketing program...LOL

cab_01
09-27-2007, 05:59 PM
Please show me on my website where it tells anyone to take off the cover to their breaker box. Red highlights by me
Here is #6
6. Once you have determined which breakers feed out to the circuits that these appliances you then need to determine which 120 volt line they are being fed from and to determine that you need to understand what is behind the breaker panel cover.
Here is #8
8. This breaker box picture will give you an idea of what is behind the cover of the breaker box.
Maybe you read it wrong, but please be careful about critiquing someone. Even if it is ***boat.
By the way those instructions were made by Xium corp. They have been in business for 23 years. Greg Dockery the owner is the inventor of Picture in Picture, caller ID, bluetooth headphones and has over 200 other patents. I believe he could afford a lawyer.:)
Summer Luvn - ROTFLMAO

boats&bars
09-27-2007, 08:10 PM
anyone remember 2by2.net ha ha what a joke. only one person got rich there.

boats&bars
09-27-2007, 08:27 PM
cab the install on this product is gonna kill someone, its not ul certified, so if a panel burns a house down it wont be covered under insurance even if if was installed by a licenced contractor. a private lab did the cert. not UL. correct me if im wrong but I live in sb county and they said it is not an approved device. they want a UL cert. it is a cool product if it does do what it says it will do, Hovever you cant advise joe homeowner to go sticking his hands in an electrical panel. if you dont take the cover off how exactly do you hook the device up?:eek: Please show me on my website where it tells anyone to take off the cover to their breaker box. Red highlights by me
Here is #6
6. Once you have determined which breakers feed out to the circuits that these appliances you then need to determine which 120 volt line they are being fed from and to determine that you need to understand what is behind the breaker panel cover.
Here is #8
8. This breaker box picture will give you an idea of what is behind the cover of the breaker box.
Maybe you read it wrong, but please be careful about critiquing someone. Even if it is ***boat.
By the way those instructions were made by Xium corp. They have been in business for 23 years. Greg Dockery the owner is the inventor of Picture in Picture, caller ID, bluetooth headphones and has over 200 other patents. I believe he could afford a lawyer.:)
Summer Luvn - ROTFLMAO

boats&bars
09-27-2007, 08:37 PM
by the way greg does hold alot of patents, however im sure that if someone brought the danger to his attention, he would correct the verbage and advise to have the install done by a compotent installer. just because he has money does not mean he wants to give it away or see someone hurt. I hold patents as well. they would not be worth any amount of money to me, if it meant someone might be put in danger.cab the install on this product is gonna kill someone, its not ul certified, so if a panel burns a house down it wont be covered under insurance even if if was installed by a licenced contractor. a private lab did the cert. not UL. correct me if im wrong but I live in sb county and they said it is not an approved device. they want a UL cert. it is a cool product if it does do what it says it will do, Hovever you cant advise joe homeowner to go sticking his hands in an electrical panel. if you dont take the cover off how exactly do you hook the device up?:eek:

sorry dog
09-28-2007, 02:35 AM
cab the install on this product is gonna kill someone, its not ul certified, so if a panel burns a house down it wont be covered under insurance even if if was installed by a licenced contractor. a private lab did the cert. not UL. correct me if im wrong but I live in sb county and they said it is not an approved device. they want a UL cert. it is a cool product if it does do what it says it will do, Hovever you cant advise joe homeowner to go sticking his hands in an electrical panel. if you dont take the cover off how exactly do you hook the device up?:eek:
There is a disclaimer at the bottom of the page.
Looks like they are selling a cap to me...maybe it can fix my bedroom light from blinking when I turn the home theater up. :D
Maybe an EE here can correct me if I'm wrong but this sounds like a plain old passive power factor correction...but their test was done on desk fans drawing 1 amp...wonder how much good it does for an A/C drawing 20 amps??
Check out the other awesome products these guys have...
http://www.myfti.biz/FTI2006/images/xairchip_image.jpg
They say this little guy improves milage and saves the earth. Installs in only five minutes! I hope it works with my Vornado gas saver and the magnets on my fuel line...

cab_01
09-28-2007, 06:12 AM
cab the install on this product is gonna kill someone, its not ul certified, so if a panel burns a house down it wont be covered under insurance even if if was installed by a licenced contractor. a private lab did the cert. not UL. correct me if im wrong but I live in sb county and they said it is not an approved device. they want a UL cert. it is a cool product if it does do what it says it will do, Hovever you cant advise joe homeowner to go sticking his hands in an electrical panel. if you dont take the cover off how exactly do you hook the device up?
Yes it is UL certified. Please look at the first page of my site. www.sandiegoxium.com.
YOU DO NOT HARD WIRE THIS UNIT TO YOUR HOUSE. That is a different product by a different mfg. This unit plugs into you standard 110 v outlet.
I would be more than happy to demonstrate this to anyone that is interested. I am a skeptical person, so I had to wire a test unit up myself to prove to me that it worked.
Maybe an EE here can correct me if I'm wrong but this sounds like a plain old passive power factor correction...but their test was done on desk fans drawing 1 amp...wonder how much good it does for an A/C drawing 20 amps??
I am not an EE either, but the demo in the video is on an 8 amp motor. It will work on your a/c unit, but an A/c unit is difficult to carry around for a demo.
The Xpower captures all of the little spikes and surges that occur whenever something is drawing electricity. Then it releases them slowly back into the line so that those spikes and surges can be used instead of being sent to the ground.

Magic34
09-28-2007, 07:07 AM
Yes it is UL certified. Please look at the first page of my site. www.sandiegoxium.com.
YOU DO NOT HARD WIRE THIS UNIT TO YOUR HOUSE. That is a different product by a different mfg. This unit plugs into you standard 110 v outlet.
I would be more than happy to demonstrate this to anyone that is interested. I am a skeptical person, so I had to wire a test unit up myself to prove to me that it worked.
I am not an EE either, but the demo in the video is on an 8 amp motor. It will work on your a/c unit, but an A/c unit is difficult to carry around for a demo.
The Xpower captures all of the little spikes and surges that occur whenever something is drawing electricity. Then it releases them slowly back into the line so that those spikes and surges can be used instead of being sent to the ground.
Have any videos of news stations doing testing on your products?

cab_01
09-28-2007, 08:05 AM
No

tittyman
09-28-2007, 09:46 AM
CAB..in some cases you are still asking a homeowner to go into the electrical panel, to see what wires are what, you still need to remove the cover and then expose all the wires..I don't think that's a good idea. But I have one more question for you...We all know there are "electrical spikes" that come into the system. Your product for $300 reduces or stops those spikes. If I am wrong please feel free to correct me...I assume those "spikes" add pennies to your electrical bill..the spike happens when that appliance or light is on.. correct? What is the average cost that each spike generates and then what is the payback each month or how long will it take before I get the return of my $300 and start to see a savings...thanks

boats&bars
09-28-2007, 10:58 AM
I would love to see it on my 30 amp a/c unit. This is baisicly a capacitor is it not?

cab_01
09-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Tittyman You do not have to remove the breaker box cover. They are only telling you to determine which appliances are using which breakers.
We all know there are "electrical spikes" that come into the system. Your product for $300 reduces or stops those spikes. If I am wrong please feel free to correct me...I assume those "spikes" add pennies to your electrical bill..the spike happens when that appliance or light is on.. correct? What is the average cost that each spike generates and then what is the payback each month or how long will it take before I get the return of my $300 and start to see a savings...thanks
I do not know what those spikes cost. I do know that this captures them and feeds them back into the line instead of them going to the ground.
I am not sure how long it will take you to recoup your ROI. That depend on your bill and how much you save. Say your bill is 300.00 a month and this saves you 20%. That is 60.00 so it would take you about 4 month. These are designed to last 7 years. Oh and the price is 250.00 per unit not 300.00. You also have a 6 month guarantee if you are not happy with your savings.

cab_01
09-28-2007, 11:24 AM
I would love to see it on my 30 amp a/c unit. This is baisicly a capacitor is it not?
It will work on you A/C unit. If it is 30 amps I am going to assume it is 240. This would work on on side, so it would be 120v. Then you could put another one on the other side o your circuit to get the other 120v.
Yes I believe it is a capacitor.

riverracerx
09-28-2007, 12:03 PM
This has been mildly successful for me since I started it 30 days ago.
www.rrxtravel.com
It is an MLM with YTB travel and i can honestly say that I have made some money so far. It has a very minimal investment as well.
If you are interested, please let me know and sign up under me:
www.rrxtravel.net
If you wanna see our presentation click here:
www.travelproinsider.com
If you travel, or your friends and family travel a lot then it is a great way to save and make money on trips you are already taking.
Chris

cab_01
09-28-2007, 02:22 PM
I am going to remove that page from the site. My wife just looked at it and said she would be ready to buy it until she saw the page and then she said it made it look to difficult.
These instructions are mailed with each unit, so I will just let people know all you need to do is plug it into an outlet in order to save money. If they would like to save more then they can follow the instruction in order to place it on the circuit that is using the most electricity.

tittyman
09-28-2007, 02:54 PM
Riverracerx..how much time do you put into this business? PM me with some financials like what you have invested and the kind of money you are generating at this point..
Cab 01..good move on your part about removing that page..nobody was trying to rain on your parade. Hope it works out for you..

Magic34
09-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Hell, if you want to market waterless detailing products, PM me. I am a straight shooter and tell you anything you need to know. No reading between the lines with me.
I am not a distributor, I am the president of the company.
DWG International, Dri Wash 'n Guard products.

cab_01
09-28-2007, 03:31 PM
First off. Nobody had to read between the lines of anything. All you had to do is read.
The only reason I took it off is because my wife told me it would scare women and then they would not buy it. Most women do not get that into electricity.
I asked anyone to show me where it said to remove your breaker box cover. There weren't any takers. You asked about news coverage. It that what makes a product legitimate now?
nobody was trying to rain on your parade
Not worried about that. I just asked to comment on what was actually written, not what you thought it said.
I would have never brought it up here if this thread wasn't started. I mainly lurk here and watch the drama not to sell anything to anyone.

ChumpChange
09-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Hell, if you want to market waterless detailing products, PM me. I am a straight shooter and tell you anything you need to know. No reading between the lines with me.
Really? Sign me up. I love that stuff.:D

Magic34
09-28-2007, 03:56 PM
First off. Nobody had to read between the lines of anything. All you had to do is read.
The only reason I took it off is because my wife told me it would scare women and then they would not buy it. Most women do not get that into electricity.
I asked anyone to show me where it said to remove your breaker box cover. There weren't any takers. You asked about news coverage. It that what makes a product legitimate now?
Not worried about that. I just asked to comment on what was actually written, not what you thought it said.
I would have never brought it up here if this thread wasn't started. I mainly lurk here and watch the drama not to sell anything to anyone.
Cab, I hope you didn't take anything I said as being against you. That was not my intention at all. You very well could have an amazing product. I simply know nothing about your product.

cab_01
09-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Ok I appreciate that.

Magic34
09-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Ok I appreciate that.
Cool. Good luck brother!:)

Magic34
09-28-2007, 04:04 PM
Really? Sign me up. I love that stuff.:D
Where you been bro? Whatcha do, talk the wife into a Sunseeker at the show we went to? Call me. :D Etiher that, or the salesman has been blowing your phone up.

DeltaSigBoater
09-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Business must be doing good
New Bigger Boat & New Bigger Truck :D

Magic34
09-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Business must be doing good
New Bigger Boat & New Bigger Truck :D
I work for family. When you work for family, they think of you as a 16 y/o that doesn't ned to make any more. I hit the real estate deal right in AZ. :D :D
Business is good, but the right decisions and working hard has got my wife and I where we are today.:)
Oh... And bigger truck and boat... I'm an idiot!!!!!!

DeltaSigBoater
09-28-2007, 05:04 PM
I work for family. When you work for family, they think of you as a 16 y/o that doesn't ned to make any more.
Thankfully my family doesn't own a business that I work for, unfortunately my family doesn’t own a business that I work for!
But at least yours treats you like a teenager, mine treats me like I’m six!

tittyman
10-01-2007, 07:26 AM
According to Forbes..these are the top 3 home business opportunities. Anybody use any of these or know somebody that has?
1. Ultimate Wealth Package
2. Instant Money Vault
3. Paid Survey Program
www.top-10-work-at-home.com

tittyman
10-01-2007, 10:27 AM
I did some research..all of them suck! Turns out the Ultimate Wealth Package and the Instant Money Vault are actually owned by the same guy even though one comes off as a women with a different program..The Paid Survey Program..you might get some surveys to fill out or you might not..they claim there is about a 2 week period prior to you receiving any surveys at all..depending on your profile. I assume your "profile" will never have a match..