PDA

View Full Version : Where's your favorite "Dive Bar"?:

Flying Tiger
02-27-2006, 06:09 AM
In Avalon, Catalina,, the Marlin Club is gotta be the best,,,
Good prices, fun atmosphere,,,
Ya gotta keep the behavior under control or the LEOS will revoke your mooring.
In Baker on the way to Vegas,, the bar hidden behind the Dennys. The late owner was a off roader,, and some off roading pix and currios are around,, even a Bronco he raced is static displayed in in the parking lot. A real dive,, the surviving family still refuses to put a dime of improvement in the place..
Shopworn TV sits on milk crates.
Meet interesting duners, travelers, and 'Vegas kinda people.
Near Disneyland/Garden Grove is a locals bar and grill called the Rainbow Room.
Good cheap food and drinks, friendly bartenders,, nice mix of people.
Downtown LA at the Old Seedy King Edward Hotel / and another called the 901 have a late evening bizarre mix of old drunks and USC co-eds.
Any good dive bars out there??:

framer1
02-27-2006, 07:16 AM
Ya gotta keep the behavior under control or the LEOS will revoke your mooring.
In Baker on the way to Vegas,, the bar hidden behind the Dennys. The late owner was a off roader,, and some off roading pix and currios are around,, even a Bronco he raced is static displayed in in the parking lot. A real dive,, the surviving family still refuses to put a dime of improvement in the place..
Shopworn TV sits on milk crates.
Meet interesting duners, travelers, and 'Vegas kinda people.
Near Disneyland/Garden Grove is a locals bar and grill called the Rainbow Room.
Good cheap food and drinks, friendly bartenders,, nice mix of people.
Downtown LA at the Old Seedy King Edward Hotel / and another called the 901 have a late evening bizarre mix of old drunks and USC co-eds.
Any good dive bars out there??:
It not really to big of dive the Cayucos Tavern is a fun place. Their t-shirts say liquor in front poker in back. They have a texas hold um game in the back of bar. If you didn't know Cayucos is a little beach town on the central coast.

Sean@magic
02-27-2006, 07:26 AM
It not really to big of dive the Cayucos Tavern is a fun place. Their t-shirts say liquor in front poker in back. They have a texas hold um game in the back of bar. If you didn't know Cayucos is a little beach town on the central coast.
The best dive bar I have seen is near our house. At the 15 and 215 split right there in devore. It's called the screaming chicken. You can't ask for a better dive bar, horseshoes, cheep beer, pool tables, naked bartenderd, and someone in back giving tattoos.

THOR
02-27-2006, 07:31 AM
Eat at Joe's in HB.

hoolign
02-27-2006, 07:39 AM
If any of you have ever been to Vancouver BC . The best ones were, The Austin on Graville( gone now) , The #5 Orange on Hastings, The Cecil On Granville and the NBI on North Hastings.The Eldorado on Kingsway used to be a good place to raise hell. :D And the all time dives in Vancouver was anwhere along lower hastings, you literally took your life in your own hands by going in those bars.

Tyson Ross
02-27-2006, 07:41 AM
Silver Fox in P.B..?
Blue Bar II @ Parker Dam

sorry dog
02-27-2006, 08:24 AM
The Booth in T-town. The smoke in the air doesn't thin out, it just adds another layer of soot to the ceilings and wall. I think there's a VD hall of hame in the bathroom, but on the weekend it's always loaded with hot girls. Even Brown could get laid there.

AZKC
02-27-2006, 09:05 AM
Only one left in the area around my house, the Old Father Inn. If there are more than 10 people in there, you could make a full set of teeth out of all of them.
I like the ones that open at 6am and there are people waiting outside to get in :crossx:

JB in so cal
02-27-2006, 09:15 AM
Mugs Away; Mission Viejo.
Next to the railroad tracks. In March, they make an entire day devoted to flashing "B-A's" to the train cars as they go by.
There have been hundreds of people lined up against the fence and when the choo-choo goes by, the pants go down :p

hboldno7
02-27-2006, 09:18 AM
The Pitcher House in Hermosa Beach
Mothers in Sunset Beach.

sea2lake
02-27-2006, 09:28 AM
Swinging Door, Tustin
Oh yeah, if youve been there you know what im talking about

BajaMike
02-27-2006, 09:31 AM
Mugs Away; Mission Viejo.
Next to the railroad tracks. In March, they make an entire day devoted to flashing "B-A's" to the train cars as they go by.
There have been hundreds of people lined up against the fence and when the choo-choo goes by, the pants go down :p
Mugs Away is cool....my friend "Little T" (Terra) bartends there on weekends. :rollside:
Turks in Dana Point harbor is a good place to drink and watch the boats....they have the strongest drinks around :idea:
The Bloody Mary has about 2 tablespoons of mix it it, the rest is Vodka :D
:rollside:

cdog
02-27-2006, 09:37 AM
Johnnys in HB. Punk rock bar. Good music, a couple posers and stiff drinks.
They say " if you don't like Johnny Cash, don't let the door hit you in the ass."
Here's a link. http://www.johnnyssaloon.com/

MKEELINE
02-27-2006, 09:46 AM
Bull's Tavern in SLO.

desertbird
02-27-2006, 10:01 AM
Man Found Dead in Canyon Country Bar
2/27/2006
Kristopher Daams Signal Staff Writer
A Canyon Country bar was the scene of a homicide investigation Sunday as detectives looked into the discovery of a dead man inside the establishment.
At about 5:30 a.m. Sunday morning, deputies responded to a call made by a woman from Mugsy’s Bar, located at 20655 Soledad Canyon Road in the Soledad Plaza shopping center near the intersection of Reuther Avenue and Soledad Canyon Road.
Sgt. Jeff Cochran of the sheriff’s department homicide bureau said the woman “provided information about a dead body” that was inside Mugsy’s.
The victim is an adult white male, in his 40s, who was pronounced dead at the scene. His name is being withheld.
A news release from the sheriff’s department classified the case as a stabbing death investigation.
“It does appear that he (the victim) has suffered bleeding-type injuries to his head,” Cochran said, and added that the victim was the “victim of some trauma.”
Cochran would not say if it was blunt force trauma to the skull.
The female also appeared to be an assault victim and “was present during an apparent assault that occurred after hours,” Cochran said. Cochran believes the incident occurred at about 2 a.m.
She was taken to Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital in the early morning, Cochran said.
“The actual assault may have occurred a few hours prior to that,” Cochran said.
There was no indication that there was any assault between the adult female and the victim and it seems possible that it was by another party, Cochran said.
Broken glass littered the front patio of the establishment, and Cochran said the body of the deceased male was found near the front of the business.
Cochran said there was no indication that the female — who he identified as “very important” to the investigation — witnessed anything, and he was unable to identify the victim in relation to the business.
“There are several people we need to talk to,” Cochran said.
An employee of a nearby business claimed to have been formerly employed at the bar. The individual — who wished to remain unidentified — described the victim as having “a cold personality” and “not real friendly.”

MayDaze
02-27-2006, 10:15 AM
The best dive bar I have seen is near our house. At the 15 and 215 split right there in devore. It's called the screaming chicken. You can't ask for a better dive bar, horseshoes, cheep beer, pool tables, naked bartenderd, and someone in back giving tattoos.
Yeah and Melissa isn't to bad either

IFTN
02-27-2006, 10:15 AM
The Swallow's in San Juan Capistrano, Fat women and strong drinks...

Sean@magic
02-27-2006, 10:24 AM
Ya there are a few girls there that are not bad. One of them kept taking her top off and another was swinging on a tire swing. Pretty funny. The bar back would shine a flashlight on the one girl's ass when she leaned over while wearing a skirt....... love that place.

Froggystyle
02-27-2006, 10:25 AM
There is a great place called Marty's in Orange. It is the only place open on Thanksgiving night, so whenever my family has Thanksgiving at the cousins place in Villa Park... it always ends up at Marty's for darts, pool and bikers.
The strangest mix of people is out on Thanksgiving night drinking... Us, happy to be together again, and everyone else with nowhere to be.
Tough crowd.

THOR
02-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Swinging Door, Tustin
The Salty Dog in Orange is right there too.

IFTN
02-27-2006, 10:33 AM
When I work for IBM, the "Dog" was our watering hole...

laveydayz
02-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Akery's tavern in Newbury Park or Club Ted in SCV....

1ASKYDV
02-27-2006, 11:44 AM
The same girls work at both places...A great day when you hit both!

H20skier
02-27-2006, 12:23 PM
The Raccoon Saloon in Wrightwood.

THOR
02-27-2006, 12:26 PM
I have had one of those "great" days.

Get415
02-27-2006, 12:39 PM
The Blue Room in burbank...mean old bartender ladies and hot girls

totenhosen
02-27-2006, 01:07 PM
I use to love going to the nine-ohhh. From what I can remember they use to have $1.00 beer nights on Thursdays.
The Buccaneer Lounge in Sierra Madre. (Let's get B-ucked up!!!)

Benjhamina
02-27-2006, 01:14 PM
Ya the Buc is great. The Brass Elephant on Foothill in Monrovia is one of the best. I think someone just got killed there too.

Windy
02-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Swinging Door, Tustin
One of my girlfriends a bartender there.

Windy
02-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Yep I have a grilfriend that works there to.

BOBALOO
02-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Ya the Buc is great. The Brass Elephant on Foothill in Monrovia is one of the best. I think someone just got killed there too.
The Brass is not really a dive but more a crappy bar with dancing, kareoke and a live band. I dont remember if the guy died or was just shot but we were there the weekend after and there were LOTS of security and police there.
First cabin in Arcadia is a dive we frequent. It is a long but skinny bar, maybe only 12' wide. They have live music a few nights a week and you can walk to Dennys after last call.
Big dives are Drinkers hall of Fame and the 100 to 1 club in Arcadia near the Santa Anita race track. You can walk to all three and Dennys within 10 minutes.

MKEELINE
02-27-2006, 01:35 PM
How about Joe Jost's in LB. It's been along time since I was there, but man was that place fun. Not really a "dive" bar, but definetly an old school tavern.

Benjhamina
02-27-2006, 01:38 PM
The Brass is not really a dive but more a crappy bar with dancing, kareoke and a live band. I dont remember if the guy died or was just shot but we were there the weekend after and there were LOTS of security and police there.
First cabin in Arcadia is a dive we frequent. It is a long but skinny bar, maybe only 12' wide. They have live music a few nights a week and you can walk to Dennys after last call.
Big dives are Drinkers hall of Fame and the 100 to 1 club in Arcadia near the Santa Anita race track. You can walk to all three and Dennys within 10 minutes.
Ya, First Cabin is one of my favs too. Pat O'Brien and the Priest of Love play there and kill it everytime. Stiff totties too.

imbndvs
02-27-2006, 01:46 PM
Duke's in Waikiki!

framer1
02-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Rudder Room in Oxnard. Big time dive bar.

totenhosen
02-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Damn, I forgot about those three. Yeah, I wouldn't call the Brass a dive bar either. Either one of you been to the The Colorado, the 35er, Gem City (Monrovia) or the Rancho (top of Lake Ave.)?

BOBALOO
02-27-2006, 02:31 PM
Damn, I forgot about those three. Yeah, I wouldn't call the Brass a dive bar either. Either one of you been to the The Colorado, the 35er, Gem City (Monrovia) or the Rancho (top of Lake Ave.)?
35er........ You mean the Dirty Diver!:D
I went to a bar called Easy Pickens on Duarte rd when I was 18 THAT PLACE WAS A TRUE DIVE. Never went back even though the bartender was buying US pitchers. I think it closed about 5 years ago.
I havent heard of Gem City though. Where is it? I have lived in Monrovia all my life and really like it here.

totenhosen
02-27-2006, 02:42 PM
35er........ You mean the Dirty Diver!:D
I went to a bar called Easy Pickens on Duarte rd when I was 18 THAT PLACE WAS A TRUE DIVE. Never went back even though the bartender was buying US pitchers. I think it closed about 5 years ago.
I havent heard of Gem City though. Where is it? I have lived in Monrovia all my life and really like it here.
http://www.sangabrielvalleymenus.com/gemcitygrill/ It really isn't a dive bar.
Did you ever go to The Idle Hour (Colorado and Rosemead) before it got turned into a Staples.

BOBALOO
02-27-2006, 02:55 PM
http://www.sangabrielvalleymenus.com/gemcitygrill/ It really isn't a dive bar.
Did you ever go to The Idle Hour (Colorado and Rosemead) before it got turned into a Staples.
I am only 32 so I dont go too far back in the grand scheme of things. I have never heard of it, was it next to Snyder Diamond behind the DMV?
How about Sports Rock on first north of huntington in Arcadia around 1991, not a dive but a GREAT TIME.
If anyone wants a good steak dinner for about 6.25$ go to the Crest on Las Tunas and Temple city bl in Temple City. It is behind the 99cent store. I think they still smoke in there, could cut it with a knife last time I was there about 2 yrs ago.

Dan Lorenze
02-27-2006, 03:02 PM
Mamas fish house, Maui

totenhosen
02-27-2006, 03:03 PM
I am only 32 so I dont go too far back in the grand scheme of things. I have never heard of it, was it next to Snyder Diamond behind the DMV?
How about Sports Rock on first north of huntington in Arcadia around 1991, not a dive but a GREAT TIME.
I'm 31 but we use to go there before I was 21. Yeah it was right next door to Snyder-Diamond.

Debbolas
02-27-2006, 03:29 PM
The Mermaid in Manhattan Beach............We went there with friends once and these old wrinkled couples kept telling us to come back "Every Sunday, this is where they are!" LMAO!!! :D
Peppers in Rancho?
Margaritaville gets a bunch of bad press..............(their neighbors don't like them)
;)

Seasday
02-27-2006, 05:58 PM
There is a great place called Marty's in Orange. It is the only place open on Thanksgiving night, so whenever my family has Thanksgiving at the cousins place in Villa Park... it always ends up at Marty's for darts, pool and bikers.
The strangest mix of people is out on Thanksgiving night drinking... Us, happy to be together again, and everyone else with nowhere to be.
Tough crowd.
Where is Marty's? I know The Door and The Dog but never been to Marty's. Live in Villa Park/Orange Park area and need to give her a try.

Steamin' Rice
02-27-2006, 06:26 PM
The Marlin Bar in Avalon is usually a stop for us. Cheap beers and always good entertainment from the bartenders..

slink
02-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Where is Marty's? I know The Door and The Dog but never been to Marty's. Live in Villa Park/Orange Park area and need to give her a try.
Damn, talk about bringing back memories. I grew up on the same street with the owners and went to school with his daughters(if its still the same owners /Litmans(sp)). We used to go there once we turned 18, his daughter told him we were 21. Great old dive. Seaside, its on Tustin, directly across the street from the big Edison plant, right before Taft. There used to be a liqour store and barber shop in the same complex. Haven't been there in years......damn

mbrown2
02-27-2006, 07:45 PM
Mother's on PCH near Huntington, Blue Bar II in Parker.....the Nugget in Simi

HBjet
02-27-2006, 07:46 PM
My 2 favorites both in HB
Redz Juke Joint
Black Watch
HBjet

THOR
02-27-2006, 08:20 PM
My 2 favorites both in HB
Redz Juke Joint
Black Watch
HBjet
Redz is sweet.

Throttle
02-27-2006, 08:26 PM
Swinging door! :rollside:

jdogg999
02-27-2006, 08:45 PM
Al's Corner/Mavericks in Norco. Classy joints all around

mikendel
02-27-2006, 10:33 PM
The Pitcher House in Hermosa Beach
Mothers in Sunset Beach.
This place is great. I played hooky from work one day with some friends and we went to The Pitcher house and had a great time. I never knew it was there and I have had family in the Torrance/ Redondo area for over 40 years.

mikendel
02-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Perks in H.B.

HighRoller
02-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Has anyone ever been to Guthrie's Alley Cat in Bakersfield? Legendary. Door just big enough to fit in, drinks that kill, pool table wedged in so tight you have to say "excuse me" before every shot....Always packed.

monkey rage frank
02-27-2006, 11:06 PM
The ANNEX in L.B.

eljefe
02-27-2006, 11:11 PM
Easy call....
http://www.theswingingdoor.com/stuff.html

shueman
02-28-2006, 04:50 AM
Only one left in the area around my house, the Old Father Inn. If there are more than 10 people in there, you could make a full set of teeth out of all of them.
I like the ones that open at 6am and there are people waiting outside to get in :crossx:
...with the shot glasses already lined up on the bar....!! Been there, done that. What's amazing is the booze/beer they carry out and put in their WORK TRUCKS....!!

Parker Dreamin
02-28-2006, 11:00 AM
The Mermaid in Manhattan Beach............We went there with friends once and these old wrinkled couples kept telling us to come back "Every Sunday, this is where they are!" LMAO!!! :D
;)
I love that place... the location does not get much better.... and you can go next door to the "Poop Deck"

Parker Dreamin
02-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Shannons Bay shore saloon in LB........

sea2lake
02-28-2006, 11:20 AM
One of my girlfriends a bartender there.
whos that?

SMFRiverRat
02-28-2006, 12:48 PM
AA Bar and Grill in Eureka

Windy
02-28-2006, 12:54 PM
whos that?
Shauna at the Swinging Door..and Andrea at the Salty Dog.

BADBLOWN572
02-28-2006, 01:15 PM
The corner lounge in Garden Grove or O'Haras in Orange.

H20skier
02-28-2006, 05:32 PM
Mamas fish house, Maui
Mama's certainly doesn't fit any definition of a "dive" bar IMHO!

Koz
02-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Adalitas in T.J.
Mad Dogs in neadles
Joe Jost in Long Beach

Charley
02-28-2006, 08:42 PM
Ya gotta keep the behavior under control or the LEOS will revoke your mooring
Classic!!! I was there last Friday night...:D

mbrown2
02-28-2006, 09:06 PM
IMO any bar that has an URL, can not really be considered a Dive Bar...
Further more, it should be tough to find it in the Yellow Pages...:)

fourspeednup
02-28-2006, 10:44 PM
The Red Cove in Ventura...been going there since sophmore year :rolleyes: :D
Good to make plans for an early departure though since there is usually a bar clearing brawl around 11:30 LOL :crossx:

topless
02-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Al's Corner/Mavericks in Norco. Classy joints all aroundROTFLMAO!!!!!! Al's serves you beer in a can.

TT_trawler
03-01-2006, 05:50 AM
Hi & Dry in Torrance...usually a hot bartender

Force This
03-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Either the Lounge or the Cherry Pit in Orange are good dive bars

Cole Trickle
03-01-2006, 08:44 AM
Pier Street in Newport Beach

sea2lake
03-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Shauna ...She loves "these boots were made for walkin" lol
nice girl

UncleLarry
03-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Hell they have a banner in side that says...
Rock and Roll Dive Bar.. Just off 95 south end of town... Look for the red & white target logo...
Loud Music (Juke Box thousands of songs) From Johhny Cash, to punk rock to alternative and heavy metal.
Only beer and wine. Pabst Blue Ribbon Draft a BUCK all the time.
Life Music, Pool tables.. and a cross section of people that makes even "uncle larry" feel right at home.
Owned by the band - Vodoo Glow Skulls with the Resident Saints a regular performer.
Enjoy.

Seasday
03-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Kelly at both......hands down!

sandblasted
03-01-2006, 06:39 PM
My favorite all time dive bar...
The Red Dog in needles...a total locals dive bar...but the drinks are cheap!
Sometimes you even have to teach the bartender how to make them! :cool:

cdog
03-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Pier Street in Newport Beach
Do you mean Pierce street Annex?

Parker Dreamin
03-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Hi & Dry in Torrance...usually a hot bartender
Where in Torrance ?

4day!!
02-26-2007, 06:00 PM
I see you in live in Orange Hills. You must know where Blondies is. That's one of my faves. And there's always the Olive Pit.

SCR INC
02-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Tough crowd.
Thats great ... We have been in Villa Park for years.. Martys is a Shiat hole and we love it for a quick pick me up..

Thorsinc
02-26-2007, 06:17 PM
My favorite all time dive bar...
The Red Dog in needles...a total locals dive bar...but the drinks are cheap!
Sometimes you even have to teach the bartender how to make them! :cool:
I forgot my name their once :)

dumbandyoung
02-26-2007, 06:20 PM
Blackie's by the Sea in Newport.
They serve pabst blue ribbon on tap;)

LUVNLIFE
02-26-2007, 06:40 PM
My backyard patio. Full bar, keg beer and hanging TV. Toss in a few friends and it beats anywhere.:D

mrs.rvrluvr
02-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Hi Brow in Upland or T-Bird in Phelan

dumbandyoung
02-26-2007, 06:46 PM
I would say in upland ,go for Old Balby Brewery in downtown or Biaccis of central and 11th. ill be at biaccis wednesday to see a friends band play.

mrs.rvrluvr
02-26-2007, 06:53 PM
I would say in upland ,go for Old Balby Brewery in downtown or Biaccis of central and 11th. ill be at biaccis wednesday to see a friends band play.
Thanks for the info. Always looking for new places to hang out. Yardhouse in Rancho is my usual place, but its getting a little old.

dumbandyoung
02-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the info. Always looking for new places to hang out. Yardhouse in Rancho is my usual place, but its getting a little old.
anytime.. yardhouse is a little old news. not much to do in the ie..compared to oc

79barron
02-26-2007, 07:13 PM
The Sail Inn,Havasu Landing

RaceFace
02-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Blu Inn....Ocotillo Wells

lewiville
02-26-2007, 07:19 PM
any one mention Goat Hill Tavern, NB?

Flyinbowtie
02-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Although it has now been renovated into a fancy steak joint, the Five Mile House on highway 20 east of Nevada City used to be interesting.
Of course, there is always The Brass Rail in North San Juan, Ca.

Trailer Park Casanova
02-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Although it has now been renovated into a fancy steak joint, the Five Mile House on highway 20 east of Nevada City used to be interesting.
Of course, there is always The Brass Rail in North San Juan, Ca.
FBT,
Ya ever go to Poor Reds on 49 near El Dorado?
Over flowing with nice women,,,
Excellent Dive bar too.
All drinks come with a side car.
Golden Cadillac is the BFD drink.
When the owner died, he left the place, land title, bank accounts, bldg,, the whole biz to his hardest working employee. A grill man in the kitchen.
It's for sale, $549K, not sure if that includes the land.
Probably not.

THOR
02-26-2007, 07:34 PM
The Iron Door - Ocotillo Wells, CA
Hy-Roys, Huntington Beach
Eat at Joes, Huntington Beach

Red Rocket
02-26-2007, 07:38 PM
The Hideaway in Elsinore, A friend took us to this place a few years ago it is a total hole. Bathrooms were in the back but so nasty everyone just peed on the building outside. Has a stripper pole by the bar that you have to pay the so called strippers to stay away from you.

Johnwithjm
02-26-2007, 07:45 PM
The Hideaway in Elsinore, A friend took us to this place a few years ago it is a total hole. Bathrooms were in the back but so nasty everyone just peed on the building outside. Has a stripper pole by the bar that you have to pay the so called strippers to stay away from you.
I remember that night. You hit the nail on the head with that post.:mad:

Dave4XTC
02-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Boredmanville (sp) in Glamis

Dave4XTC
02-26-2007, 07:58 PM
Desert Martini in Havasu

Misogynist
02-26-2007, 08:05 PM
The Blue Room in burbank...mean old bartender ladies and hot girls
The Blue room is less than a mile from my shop... I've been there many times. The drinks used...... "used" to be cheap.... but they have gone up in price since I used to hang there. I met one of my ex-girlfriends there...:jawdrop:

AZKC
02-26-2007, 08:05 PM
The Buffet on Euclid and Ninth, "Home of the Jumbo":D

Trailer Park Casanova
02-26-2007, 08:12 PM
Boredmanville (sp) in Glamis
Jeanie Boardman still runs the place.
As dive as you can possibly get.
The upstairs bar at the nearby Glamis beach store is cool too.
The girls call the bartender Uncle Bob. Nice guy.
Wife and I will be back there Fri nite, Mar 9th.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3812s.jpg

Faceaz
02-26-2007, 08:12 PM
Goat Hill Tavern in Costa Mesa &
Tumbleweeds in HB.

707dog
02-26-2007, 09:16 PM
shooters downtown reno!!!!!!

4DAY4PLAY
02-26-2007, 09:27 PM
We used to call it the "hide a tooth" for obvious reasons.

4DAY4PLAY
02-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Jeanie Boardman still runs the place.
As dive as you can possibly get.
The upstairs bar at the nearby Glamis beach store is cool too.
The girls call the bartender Uncle Bob. Nice guy.
Wife and I will be back there Fri nite, Mar 9th.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3812s.jpg
smokers are gross

Quid Pro Quo
02-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Peppers in Alta Loma. Not really a dive bar but great people, cheap drinks plus my girl works there and my friends own it.
The Firehouse in Havasu. Another really-non dive bar but great commeraderie.

Ivan Dan
02-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Al's Corner/Mavericks in Norco. Classy joints all around
I was wondering what took you guys so long to put this up!!!!

Ivan Dan
02-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Swinging Door, Tustin
Isn't this where the "infamous" Phil Shane used to perform?

wolfie
02-26-2007, 10:54 PM
Playmor Tavern in Kent Washington. Home of the biggest piranha in captivity.
It was an old corrigated building on the corner of what was at one time the middle of nowhere. I bet it's no longer there but when we first moved to Kent and I tried to tell people where I lived they did know where the Playmore Tavern was.

KREGER
02-26-2007, 11:15 PM
My Garage is my favorite dive Bar!
http://usera.imagecave.com/kreger/DSC02510-copy.jpg

Ultracrazy
02-27-2007, 12:27 AM
Eat at Joe's in HB.
I hang out there a lot........greaaaaaat food.

Ultracrazy
02-27-2007, 12:33 AM
Hooches in Topock..........

bwillieb
02-27-2007, 01:03 AM
.............Someone recently stole their sign............It may show up on E-bay or could be the proud trophy of one of the locals...............In Jones, OK..........or as they call call it 'Jones America'............
http://www.grandpaints.com/RKLounge.jpg

uselessgrant
02-27-2007, 01:48 AM
jc's bar in claycomo or antionettes in kc north. both are about as rough and tumble as they get. wont get stronger drinks for the money anywhere than jc's.. these are in kansas city mo.

BRSTQUEST
02-27-2007, 02:00 AM
Canyon Inn in Anaheim/Yorba Linda

centerhill condor
02-27-2007, 05:35 AM
the crossroads in mississippi between columbus and starkville...for all the right reasons!:)

Riverkid
02-27-2007, 06:25 AM
In Norco, behind the Ford dealer...

Havasu1986
02-27-2007, 06:43 AM
Squires in Whittier. I go there with the guys at work every now and then.

INFINITEJJ
02-27-2007, 06:54 AM
My Place
Suds & spirits
Filling Post......all in H.B.

INFINITEJJ
02-27-2007, 06:58 AM
Blondies.....somewhere in Orange

1 Baja Guy
02-27-2007, 07:23 AM
Great bar........ If you want to get lung cancer....

1 Baja Guy
02-27-2007, 07:25 AM
Yeah shes nice...... BUT better watch out for her BF...... Hes a big MOFO...

1 Baja Guy
02-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Love it....But its HARD to eat there at times :)

1 Baja Guy
02-27-2007, 07:33 AM
In Norco, behind the Ford dealer...
Its really nice the last Wed. of the month..

don johnson
02-27-2007, 07:36 AM
Stars Way Out past 29 Palms....

Trailer Park Casanova
02-27-2007, 07:39 AM
Stars Way Out past 29 Palms....
Stopped off there once.
One of the best looking women I ever set eyes on was the bartender.
Knockout.
A genuine 10.
Wonder what ever became of her,,,,,

bwillieb
02-27-2007, 10:06 AM
............The 'Hideaway'............Kagel Canyon Ca...........A few miles up the road from where Rodney King got his head thumped.................There is a hitching rail out back........and I've actually seen guys tie up their horses, walk up to the bar and check their sidearms...............There was a bar right behind, the Rodney King deal called the 'Corral', a guy drank all night got on a horse to ride home and got arrested by the LAPD for drunk horse back riding.........On the site of the Rodney King deal they are now erecting a childrens museum......I sure hope they don't name it the 'Rodney King, Commemerative Childrens Museum'..........

bwillieb
02-27-2007, 10:33 AM
..........Don't know if it's still there but the "36 Club" on Broadway in Long Beach, was a pretty good neighborhood dive......................"The Red Witch Inn" under The twin draw bridges wasn't a dive but a real.........'hole'........

SpottedHorsepower
02-27-2007, 12:14 PM
We have one down the street called The Office Club - AKA the Gun & Knife Club. Also, the Roadkill Lounge is on one end of Jones Ok (Jones is only a few blocks long). The Roadkill ran what used to be the other bar in town out of business. It was on the other end of town. It didn't have a name and it only had three walls (don't ask me about security at night - I have no clue). Every year in October they have the Jones Old Timers Day. The parade is at 4 in the afternoon and ended up around that second bar. A few years ago, we rode in the parade, and afterwards stopped at this bar. We rode our horses across the dance floor to the bar. Then when we decided to use the facilities, we had to go in twos.......one using and the other standing in front of the hole in the door which looked right out onto the pool tables.

Tom Slick
02-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Class of 47' in Newport Beach

DeltaSigBoater
02-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Tiny's Tavern - Ocean Beach, CA
McGregor's - San Diego, CA
Beachcomber - Mission Beach
Louie's formerly known as Monty's - San Diego State University

THOR
02-27-2007, 08:33 PM
I hang out there a lot........greaaaaaat food.
When? I am there on either Friday or Saturday nights to get food.

Racer277
02-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Has anyone ever been to Guthrie's Alley Cat in Bakersfield? Legendary. Door just big enough to fit in, drinks that kill, pool table wedged in so tight you have to say "excuse me" before every shot....Always packed.
I worked a block down the street from there. We called it "Conference Room G". The owner had some issues when they outlawed smoking in bars, he was always into it with the FD...

Screemy1
02-27-2007, 09:05 PM
I'll bite..... best bar memories...... Bubba's Beach Club in Virginia Beach..... The best was Wednesday special..... 20 wings and a pitcher of Natural Light.... now where else can you find natty light on tap??????:D

GunninGopher
02-27-2007, 09:07 PM
The Laplighter in San Diego
I went to High School with a bartender there and he kicks our ass every time we go there.