PDA

View Full Version : let the computer pick your candidate

centerhill condor
09-27-2007, 11:21 AM
here's a link some of ya'll will find interesting...I know I did. This is a popular link and may be a little slow...especially if you're all the way in Cali.
enjoy.
http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460
CC

ULTRA26 # 1
09-27-2007, 11:54 AM
here's a link some of ya'll will find interesting...I know I did. This is a popular link and may be a little slow...especially if you're all the way in Cali.
enjoy.
http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460
CC
Thanks CC. That was cool.
Joe Biden 1st and Mitt Romney 2nd

572Daytona
09-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Quite a few candidates (10) had a score of 20-27 for me. However Hilary, Obama and the Breck Girl all came in with a score of 1 at the bottom of my list.

asch
09-27-2007, 11:13 PM
Hmm...
Jim Gilmore-50
Rudy Giuliani-47
John McCain-45
None of whom I'm considering.

YeLLowBoaT
09-27-2007, 11:26 PM
thats intresting... I didn't have any one over 15...every one above 10 I would not vote for.
some of those Qs are double sided... for example the one about alternative fuels. it lists ethanol and bio diesel... I am for bio diesel, but not ethanol...
also line item veto has already been shot down my the supreme court... ( you remember clinton had it...)

never_fast_enuf
09-28-2007, 04:24 AM
Fred Thompson 1 for me. The one I was hoping would jump in a long time ago.
He actually tied with Tancredo (that was a surprise) and Duncan Hunter (bigger surprise).
Fun site...
Oh, bringing up the rear was...you guessed it...a three way tie...Edwards, Hillary and Obama, all with 5 points.

OutCole'd
09-28-2007, 09:49 AM
Rudy G, then Joe Biden is what's it's telling me.

ULTRA26 # 1
09-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Yeah, and how do THEY differentiate an impotant vs. "very" important issue?
Oh well. Doesn't matter anyhow since a politician's views often change with the wind once he's (or she's) voted in. I'd like to see more issues on the ballot that *I* can vote on rather than them voting for me. Especially when huge sums of money are involved in the creation of some monstrous, taxpayer funded department.
Makes me sick to think of the unelected agencies, programs etc. that I had no say in.
I played with the site a bit and it seems fairly simple.
not important = 1
somewhat = 3
important = 5
very important = 7
Each match = 1 X importance score
A match with a candidate on a "very important" issue gets scored as 7
A match with a candidate on a "not important" issue gets scored as 1, etc.
Answers that don't match are ignored.

asch
09-28-2007, 03:54 PM
That explains the higher numbers.
I'll go back and change it up a little just for shits and giggles.

OKIE-JET
09-29-2007, 04:19 AM
Hunter....
Gilmore....
Thompson....
:idea:

Old Texan
09-29-2007, 07:53 AM
Duncan Hunter seems to be my man......
Duncan Hunter where are you????????????:confused:
Ol' Fred is at #3 and Mitt is #4. Tancredo at #2, ?????????????, Tan Who? :confused:
I got a kick out of the news reports that the lesser candidates were PO's that Thompson, Rudy, Romney, and McCain didn't show for the Wed debate, all said they had prior committements. Poor souls I guess ain't figured out those 4 ARE the candidates....... Maybe this was theri wake up call.

SB
10-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Duncan Hunter seems to be my man......
Duncan Hunter where are you????????????:confused:
Ol' Fred is at #3 and Mitt is #4. Tancredo at #2, ?????????????, Tan Who? :confused:
Same for me with Duncan at 22 followed by McCain, Thompson, Romney, Paul, and Tanwho?
Guilani was right above Hilary at 9. Which either shows how little I like Rudy, or how successful Hilary is at appearing centrist.