PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Motors ... Some History on the Hemi

UBFJ #454
09-27-2007, 03:23 PM
I thought some of you Gear Heads might be interested in a Link that I came across while doing some research for a Project I'm working on. It's one of the best write ups I've come across about Chrysler's development of the Hemi engine ... If you follow some of the various other Links contained within this site there's a wealth of info relative to drag racing's fuel motors and how they've come to be what they are today.
What prompts me to post this info Link is some of what's being said about Fuelers Hp & Tq in 'The Good Ole BFJ Days' in drag boat racing (fastest jet thread) down in the 'Just Jets' Section of this Forum ....... Just sharing some info so you guys can Think through some of what's being said and make up your own minds about things.
Yeah, I'm 'That Old' and remember my 1st 331 Hemi Fueler (out of a 1952 DeSoto) as well as a few others ... In 1966 I purchased the first 'Street Hemi' Plymouth here in Phoenix ... drove it on the street a few years, sold the car but the motor wound up a Fueler Motor that I Blew Up by making an ever so slight Tuning Mistake (too much 'additive' to the CH3NO2/Alky).
Again, my reason for posting this Link is to help those interested gain some InSight on History.
http://www.allpar.com/mopar/hemi/chrysler-hemi.html