PDA

View Full Version : Hallmark pools,outta business!?

riverroyal
09-27-2007, 05:21 PM
no one showed at our job today,word on the street is they closed the doors .They are a huge pool company

riverracerx
09-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Have they stopped making greeting cards too? That would be horrible!

riverroyal
09-27-2007, 05:34 PM
Have they stopped making greeting cards too? That would be horrible!
that card I was sending you with the money wont make it this christmas

Trailer Park Casanova
09-27-2007, 05:54 PM
no one showed at our job today,word on the street is they closed the doors .They are a huge pool company
If you are out any $$, go immediately for their bond.
You can access that info:
http://www.cslb.ca.gov/
Pool contractors notoriously flakie, so they carry a bond twice the norm for most other contractors.
Don't hesitate,,,

riverroyal
09-27-2007, 05:59 PM
on oir job site,they are about 80% done.Ive already had a pool buddy stop and look at finishing it.The general is from Iowa,they have said numerous times that southern california has been the toughest place to build in the entire country.Poor craftsmanship and lack of "caring" to even show up or meet a schedule

ROZ
09-27-2007, 06:03 PM
Franchise out of business, maybe? I saw 2 of their trucks in Encinitas today...

riverroyal
09-27-2007, 06:06 PM
Franchise out of business, maybe? I saw 2 of their trucks in Encinitas today...
the job is in encinitas.

ROZ
09-27-2007, 06:20 PM
the job is in encinitas.
THe trucks are relatively new and had total vehicle wraps... They are ignoring you :D

Seasday
09-29-2007, 02:28 PM
BK, left two distributors holding the bag, I am sure several subs and close to 60 unfinished holes in the ground. Bad deal for a lot of people.

riverroyal
09-29-2007, 08:18 PM
BK, left two distributors holding the bag, I am sure several subs and close to 60 unfinished holes in the ground. Bad deal for a lot of people.
my pool buddy is finishing the indoor pool at my jobsite.Starts on it next week

hoolign
09-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Sometimes hard to keep a float in a sink or swim buisness and keep your head above water. Maybe you should pool your resourses, filter out the scum and potentially have a whirlpool service to offer? Don't let it run you dry though..nothing worse than evaporating profits! :)

riverroyal
09-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Sometimes hard to keep a float in a sink or swim buisness and keep your head above water. Maybe you should pool your resourses, filter out the scum and potentially have a whirlpool service to offer? Don't let it run you dry though..nothing worse than evaporating profits! :)
you have 14021 post:D

hoolign
09-29-2007, 08:32 PM
you have 14021 post:D
overactive imagination or so I'm told :D

Miss Perfect
09-29-2007, 08:38 PM
Damn... I worked for a pool contractor in SD and Hallmark was our biggest competetor. It's hard to believe they are out of business, although I am afraid it is a sign of the times.

riverroyal
09-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Damn... I worked for a pool contractor in SD and Hallmark was our biggest competetor. It's hard to believe they are out of business, although I am afraid it is a sign of the times.
you?:D

Riverkid
09-30-2007, 06:47 AM
How much pool prices have increased in the last five years. Have a buddy looking to build one and every estimate was over $100k.... :sqeyes:

phebus
09-30-2007, 08:57 AM
I know material costs as well as insurance and the overall cost of doing businessn has gone up, but with home equity diminishing and the loan market the way it is, I wouldn't be surprised to see building costs go down as the market is forced to be more competitive.

Riverkid
09-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Have come out back after completing test driving!...:D

Lightning
09-30-2007, 07:25 PM
Not surprising. With all the housing slow down and loss of equity, pool businesses suffering is pretty logical. I heard that there are a ton of pool builders that have closed their doors. I guess it's time to starting shorting PVC pipe.

kfrankel74
10-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Hallmark pools just did a job at my parents house.. good thing they finished..some of their work was questionable, but now it makes sense why they had to contact them multiple times to get a simple thing done. we're now getting letters from the people they subcontracted saying we may be sued for money HALLMARK never gave them!! and get this.. the owner is supposedly going to try and start up another pool business called SHAMROCK.. be careful!

Trailer Park Casanova
10-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Hallmark pools just did a job at my parents house.. good thing they finished..some of their work was questionable, but now it makes sense why they had to contact them multiple times to get a simple thing done. we're now getting letters from the people they subcontracted saying we may be sued for money HALLMARK never gave them!! and get this.. the owner is supposedly going to try and start up another pool business called SHAMROCK.. be careful!
Go for the bond.

HokeySon
10-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Hope you got releases signed by the subs. Some folks are gonna end up paying twice and be left with a worthless BK claim.