PDA

View Full Version : Jet Boat Insurance help

johnT64
09-28-2007, 09:13 AM
Hi All
Can't seem to get insurance on a Bahner 19ft Exposed engine Jet Boat in NC.Any info appreciated.

jetboat
09-28-2007, 10:15 AM
try progressive! there only covering everything but theft and collision.and my title says the horse power is under 245.

johnT64
09-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Thanks Jetboat.Tried Progressive but they are not interested.Any ideas anyone else

squirt'nmyload
09-28-2007, 12:28 PM
contact Devin Wozencraft....he has his own section here :)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=43

OverKill
09-28-2007, 01:16 PM
I use State Farm, I didn't have any probs getting my 19' insured. Have you tried them yet??

tbcseod
09-29-2007, 11:58 AM
State Farm here also - cheapest (by far) that I could find in Denver and set it up via phone, was easy day.
~TbcSEOD

1968Droptop
09-29-2007, 12:19 PM
GOOD LUCK !!! Wozencraft did nothing for me. LOTS of "just wait and see's", and "I've got something in the works", but NO INSURANCE POLICY to date. Read this thread, but get ready for bad news.........
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139040&highlight=Wozencraft

19'daytona
09-29-2007, 03:01 PM
i have my boats through american family insurance,was only 600 for the year for the daytona

squirt'nmyload
09-29-2007, 03:47 PM
GOOD LUCK !!! Wozencraft did nothing for me. LOTS of "just wait and see's", and "I've got something in the works", but NO INSURANCE POLICY to date. Read this thread, but get ready for bad news.........
you should have dealt with devin and not an assistant. it took me about 15 minutes when dealing with him and i have over transom headers, and a mild BBF. if someone has a 100 mph boat, how can they blame the insurance companys for having high rates or no policys what so ever? you may have had a problem getting your tunnel boat insured but the original poster says he has a 19FT bahner....big difference

ambusher
09-30-2007, 06:08 AM
where are you located..

Placecraft Dragstar
09-30-2007, 06:33 AM
try progressive! there only covering everything but theft and collision.and my title says the horse power is under 245.
Nobody has more then 245 HP, Mine only has 175 HP

Wozencraft
10-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Let me make this very clear and simple...if I don't write an insurance policy for you, or anyone else for that matter, I don't make a profit. The same profit that gets filtered down to my 3 yr old son & daughter. PLUS, NOT making a profit to aid my wife's shopping habits doesn't go over very well, once the credit card bill arrives in the mail.
I'm not angry with you, just playing fun of the situation. If I had a policy to offer you, I would have it delivered like room service. Sure, back in January you called my office and spoke to my staff member who it happened to be his first day on the phone. He truly thought he could help you, like we can for most that call. I already apologized for that through several PM's early in the year.
Have my statements been true that a new policy is coming to insure performance cats under 26'....YES. However, there have been countless delays by the insurance company. Delays I have no control of. Is that your fault or mine? No. I have updated you once or twice along the way through PM's as well. I will still be more than happy to offer you a policy as soon as I have one to offer.
Respectfully,
Devin Wozencraft

cave
10-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Wozencraft, thanks for trying to get us covered.

Wozencraft
11-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Wozencraft, thanks for trying to get us covered.
This just in...
Today I have spoken with our underwriters at the insurance company. I just clarified that we now CAN insure boats with exposed engines AND over/transom exhaust/headers!!!
This is great news for our clients with V-Drives, twin-turbos, jets, etc. Please let us know if we can assist with your insurance needs.
714-263-2626 - Orange County, CA
928-680-6801 - Lake Havasu, AZ
Thank you.
Devin Wozencraft
PS. Please see this link for more details:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168202

jrork
11-09-2007, 02:58 PM
This just in...
Today I have spoken with our underwriters at the insurance company. I just clarified that we now CAN insure boats with exposed engines AND over/transom exhaust/headers!!!
This is great news for our clients with V-Drives, twin-turbos, jets, etc. Please let us know if we can assist with your insurance needs.
714-263-2626 - Orange County, CA
928-680-6801 - Lake Havasu, AZ
Thank you.
Devin Wozencraft
[/url]
Hey Devin,
How bout a Blown Big Block Chevy, 18' V-bottom, over the transom headers with an exposed engine in Washington State. Can you do it? I'm not looking to say I have 135 horsepower and then find out after that fact that my claim was turned down because of inaccurate information provided. I want a policy that covers me in the case of an accident. Don't care about the boat. I can get a new one. I just want liablility if something horrible (god forbid) was to happen either caused by me or happened to me....

Wozencraft
11-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Hey Devin,
How bout a Blown Big Block Chevy, 18' V-bottom, over the transom headers with an exposed engine in Washington State. Can you do it? I'm not looking to say I have 135 horsepower and then find out after that fact that my claim was turned down because of inaccurate information provided. I want a policy that covers me in the case of an accident. Don't care about the boat. I can get a new one. I just want liablility if something horrible (god forbid) was to happen either caused by me or happened to me....
Hello, at this time I am limited to writing this policy in the state of Arizona. You don't need to live in AZ, but the boat must stay in AZ full or part-time. The program should open up to other states early next year.
Let me know if I can assist now, or later. :-)
Devin Wozencraft

jetboatperformance
11-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Anyone in AZ or Ca please Give my friend Al Thompson a call @ www.performanceboatinsure.com He says he's able to write a number or Jets and flats as well as a plethera of other performance boats ,at reasonable prices I might add last week he quoted my 69' Schiada flat with OT headers and dual carbs (exposed motor) !Good Luck Tom
Also re general liability I have a close friend in Norcal with a " restored blown gas hydro" who claims he was told by his homeowners/umbrella carrier that if "claimed" so his boating liability could be covered under some circumstances (cant verify this but my State farm guy agreed this week )
Last but not least ,hate to be a downer but please never lose sight of the possibility that in the event of an accident or claim theres a strong possibility that said claim could be "investigated" by a knowledgeable adjuster so in the event of a policy written on a "250 hp" boat that turns out to be a 500 hp rig ,a misrepresented boat policy could be absolutely worthless or worse ! just my 02... T

jrork
11-10-2007, 07:34 AM
Hello, at this time I am limited to writing this policy in the state of Arizona. You don't need to live in AZ, but the boat must stay in AZ full or part-time. The program should open up to other states early next year.
Let me know if I can assist now, or later. :-)
Devin Wozencraft
Please keep the NW group in the loop. I dont care about the boat. Just want coverage from the Liability side of things. Others up here likely wil have a different view as they have alot more money in their boats than me.
Last but not least ,hate to be a downer but please never lose sight of the possibility that in the event of an accident or claim theres a strong possibility that said claim could be "investigated" by a knowledgeable adjuster so in the event of a policy written on a "250 hp" boat that turns out to be a 500 hp rig ,a misrepresented boat policy could be absolutely worthless or worse ! just my 02... T
Thats my fear too Tommy. I'd much rather be upfront with the agent from the get go.

jungledave
11-10-2007, 07:53 AM
Hi All
Can't seem to get insurance on a Bahner 19ft Exposed engine Jet Boat in NC.Any info appreciated. Just went through the same BS two weeks ago. Found insurance on my open engine over transom header
eliminator Here. 713-772-2991 Shelly Waller or Dave Barbe Elton Porter Insurance. They are out of Houston and insure high performance boats. Your Hp is around 325, OK.

jetboatperformance
11-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Please keep the NW group in the loop. I dont care about the boat. Just want coverage from the Liability side of things. Others up here likely wil have a different view as they have alot more money in their boats than me.
Thats my fear too Tommy. I'd much rather be upfront with the agent from the get go.
John give some thought to the "umbrella thing" I refered, to Al can't write Ins in Wash so he won't be of any help.. BTW why aren't you out there "strokin that boat" times a wastin' !! Also after reading about you sleeping with all those cool parts you got Ro's kind of curious where Jan sleeps ?? Got to go now H20 is an hour out ,Coming to pickup his Daytona with the "sex change" :D :D .... T (sorry for the partial thread jack)

1968Droptop
11-11-2007, 05:02 PM
John give some thought to the "umbrella thing" I refered to.................
I tried that approach with my State Farm agent, no dice. I carry a 2mill umbrella and asked if there was anyway it could at least cover any liabilities in conjuction with my boat. He said it's not possible. Maybe your agent knows something mine doesn't ? Is there any way you can verify this Tom ? Maybe PM his number to me ? I'd love to protect the assests I have !!!

jetboatperformance
11-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Dont Know what to say Chris I threw that question on him last week and he didn't bat an eye ,maybe it has to do with the book of business? My frikken SF bill is bigger than my Mortgage? Tom

H20MOFO
11-11-2007, 08:34 PM
WTF is insurance? Tom I may have left some (Tommy snacks)under a seat of a Tahiti while I was there.:) :D paid fer.= no ins 4me

1968Droptop
11-12-2007, 03:15 PM
WTF is insurance? paid fer.= no ins 4me
It's bad enough runnin round in a boat I've got a LOT of $$$ and time into w/o insurance. It's what I currently have other than my boat I want to protect the most !!!

moneysucker
11-12-2007, 10:29 PM
I am glad to hear that there is an insurance possibly for us. I am sure not me in particular M$ will have a hard time getting anyone to insure it and I wouldn't if I did not know me personally who knows with boaters anyone with a check book can get into a fast boat and be off like a loaded gun. That is why the insurance is so limited for performance boats. Fast boats and good judgment has not always been in the same place at the same time.
Cy

H20MOFO
11-13-2007, 08:00 AM
I may pursue ins. Chris wouldn't your health ins take care of your family if heaven forbid something goes wrong? I've been boating literaly since I was in diapers. And have come pretty close to sinking twice (once with my dad and once in my old k boat) so I know the risk is there. If someone finds a decent deal on boats like ours(cats in particular) I'd like to hear about it.

jetboatperformance
11-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Hey Kreg I found the "Tommy snacks":D BTW..
re the Ins its not so much his your family and boat thats at issue.I belive most are concerned with Its the liabilty aspect. eg You run into or over someone ,cause injury ,damage or worse If you have any a$$etts (house, boat,etc etc) you could likely lose all of it in the potential action if it was proved to be your fault I think Thats what Chris was refering to ,may be wrong Just my 02 Tom
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/jetboatperformance/Misc/DSC08012.jpg

H20MOFO
11-13-2007, 08:56 AM
:D Thanks Tom. All legit concerns. At least I won't get anyone with my prop. BTW those are "full strength" not Utah beers.

1968Droptop
11-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Tom is 100% correct ! I want to protect my valuable's other than my boat. You can "pursue" insurance all you want, but you won't find any. The boat itself is the stumbling point. A 26' tunnel hull can be insured, but a 21' is next to impossible. To date I've spend more than 6 months trying to find anyone who'll even give me quote !! Loyds of London won't insure the darn thing. I've been somewhat truthfull claiming 600hp :D :D :D. Combine that and a 21' tunnel and you get ziltch for a chance to insure it.
If your able to find something, please lmk Kreg.

H20MOFO
11-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Chris I assume you have already tried getting your homeowners to do an add on or a "rider" policy. Someone must insure them unless everyone who buys a new one from eliminator pays 60k cash. I dunno. I just left a msg for my bear river ins guy.

1968Droptop
11-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Chris I assume you have already tried getting your homeowners to do an add on or a "rider" policy. Someone must insure them unless everyone who buys a new one from eliminator pays 60k cash. I dunno. I just left a msg for my bear river ins guy.
Yup, tried the rider as well, no go. I've spoke with Eliminator personally a couple of times, but all raods lead to a dead end :mad.
Cougar recently sold they're business. It was speculated that they saw the writing on the wall. Not being able to insure a new 25' and under meant not selling any :idea:.

jrork
11-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Its not so much his your family and boat thats at issue.I belive most are concerned with Its the liabilty aspect. eg You run into or over someone ,cause injury ,damage or worse If you have any a$$etts (house, boat,etc etc) you could likely lose all of it in the potential action if it was proved to be your fault I think Thats what Chris was refering to ,may be wrong Just my 02 Tom
BINGO! Tommy nailed it. I dont care about the boat but I do care about everything else.....

H20MOFO
11-13-2007, 07:38 PM
I guess I better stay away from hava-zoo. Hey is there somthing I need to know about my 21:eek: I've always known jet in general are hard to insure but 25-under cats uninsurable?????????? WTF

jetboatperformance
11-13-2007, 07:39 PM
This is almost depressing guys I think i'll sell all my "toys' ,pull the shades watch tv ,maybe buy a moped,prolly start drinkin ice tea,maybe start watchin CNN ... Tom:( (NOT)

1968Droptop
11-14-2007, 03:22 PM
This is almost depressing guys I think i'll sell all my "toys' ,pull the shades watch tv ,maybe buy a moped,prolly start drinkin ice tea,maybe start watchin CNN ... Tom:( (NOT)
Can you put nitrous on the moped :D :D :D

jetboatperformance
11-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Added to my list ,buy a Hobie cat ,start viewing "burkababes.com",griiling tofu,ice-dancing vs NFL ....