PDA

View Full Version : DEA Raids 'Marijuana Candy Factory'

RitcheyRch
09-28-2007, 10:49 AM
http://www.knbc.com/news/14221901/detail.html?dl=mainclick
The Drug Enforcement Agency said it arrested three people on Wednesday and is looking for a fourth who operated the Oakland-based Tainted Inc.
Agents also seized 460 marijuana plants and numerous laced products including candy bars, cookies, moonpies, ice cream, peanut butter, jelly, energy drinks and "Rice Krispy treats."
A call to the company Friday was not returned to The Associated Press.
Tainted Inc. was launched by Michael Martin, 33, of El Sobrante as a small operation that made laced chocolate truffles. When it was raided Wednesday, the company was shipping its products to medical marijuana dispensaries in Seattle, Vancouver, Amsterdam and throughout California.
Authorities said the operation also had ties to Los Angeles pot clubs and believes it has ordered four tons of chocolate over the last two years to make marijuana-laced candy.
Those arrested were Jessica Sanders, Michael Anderson and Diallo McLinn. Martin is a fugitive, authorities said.
The raids of the factory and four Bay Area houses came after a two year investigation and growing police concern that the legalization of medicinal marijuana in several states has caused a proliferation of large-scale marijuana-lacing operations. Laced snacks are often more potent and longer lasting than smoked marijuana. Federal authorities contend marijuana is an illegal drug no matter how or who uses it and they don't honor the state laws.
Earlier this year, several people who ran a marijuana-lacing operation called Beyond Bomb that produced such products as Stoney Rancher, Rasta Reese's and Keef Kat pleaded guilty in Oakland federal court to marijuana charges. Beyond Bomb's founder Kenneth Affolter was sentenced to nearly six years in prison.
"These items could have harmful effects on a user, especially the unsuspecting ones," DEA agent Javier Pena said. "We will continue to shut down these production lines, one marijuana-candy factory at a time."

SB
09-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Buzzkillers! :D

maxwedge
09-28-2007, 03:51 PM
... such products as Stoney Rancher, Rasta Reese's and Keef Kat ...."
For some reason the name "Stoney Rancher" struck me funny as hell.:D

plaster dave
09-28-2007, 05:11 PM
I dont smoke or use marijuana but come on this is so wrong that the feds. dont honor the states laws.....:mad:

YeLLowBoaT
09-28-2007, 05:17 PM
I dont smoke or use marijuana but come on this is so wrong that the feds. dont honor the states laws.....:mad:
If you re read that artical you see that they not only sold in CA, but all over... even if they transftered them to places that could sell leagally, it still had to cross states that it was illegal = trip strait to bang me in the ass federal prison.

DeltaSigBoater
09-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Focking Stoners :rolleyes:
I really never got into nor understood the whole the wacky tabaccy culture.

RitcheyRch
09-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Ditto that.

hoolign
09-28-2007, 05:57 PM
I'd rather smoke a joint, go about my buisness ( while I'm on daze off) and not end up being hung over in the morning. Some people drink to catch a buzz and some smoke..no difference.