PDA

View Full Version : Best way to buy a watch?

HPBoats83
09-28-2007, 12:51 PM
What is the best way to buy a watch? I am looking at buying myself a Breitling and don't know what the best way to do so is, or if their is a good way? Should I just go pay full retail at a store in the mall for it or is there a good website out there?

BOBALOO
09-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Go to Polachecks off the 101 fwy and Woodman in the mall. 20% off the models my friend was looking at, and bought. I cant remember the name of the guy there though.
What model are you looking at?
REMEMBER! there are some VERY GOOD replicas out there and some say almost ALL the nice watches online are fakes.

copterzach
09-28-2007, 12:56 PM
Ask a buddy who has a buddy who knows a guy that sells them for cash only!

MR.rvrluvr
09-28-2007, 12:56 PM
go to the store, pull out your wallet, boom you just bought a watch..:)

AZJD
09-28-2007, 12:57 PM
What is the best way to buy a watch? I am looking at buying myself a Breitling and don't know what the best way to do so is, or if their is a good way? Should I just go pay full retail at a store in the mall for it or is there a good website out there?
Online. Check e-bay then contact the broker or dealer direct. Do some research.
Which Breitling are you looking at?

riverbound
09-28-2007, 12:57 PM
This is who myself and my family buy all of our watches through. He has always done very well for us and can get better pricing than most, we have cllectivley bought 7or8 breitlings ,about 6 rolexs and a couple cartiers from him.
Samuels Jewelers
bus. 714-730-7971
Cell. 949-278-7259
Henry Samuels

USCFAN
09-28-2007, 12:58 PM
I just picked up a Breitling three weeks ago. I purchased it in Las Vegas from the watch store in the Caesars Palace Forum Shops. After doing a lot of research I would definately buy it from a reputable store. There are a lot of fakes out there.

HPBoats83
09-28-2007, 01:01 PM
I have always liked the different avengers (Super avenger and Chronoavenger)

Cheap Thrills
09-28-2007, 01:01 PM
The best way is from an authorized dealer. There are too many high quality fakes out there. I collect automatics and have run across some quality knock offs that included Swiss ETA movements. (the same movement used in most quality watches ie. Rolex Tudor Breitling Omega ect. Be careful dropping cash on one.
What model are you looking at ?
:edit: I have always liked the different avengers (Super avenger and Chronoavenger)
Nice !
T.

BOBALOO
09-28-2007, 01:03 PM
I just picked up a Breitling three weeks ago. I purchased it in Las Vegas from the watch store in the Caesars Palace Forum Shops. After doing a lot of research I would definately buy it from a reputable store. There are a lot of fakes out there.
The store in Caesars also has good pricing from what I've been told.:D

HPBoats83
09-28-2007, 01:03 PM
Yeah I have been to Tourneau a few times but don't know if that is the best way to buy one or if their are better deals out there?

HemiDude
09-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Sometimes Costco has name brands...:idea:

copterzach
09-28-2007, 01:10 PM
What is up with breitlings? Are they good watches? See them all the time, but have never checked one out. I have a SS Submariner with date, SS and gold Yachtmaster and a gold Presidential with diamond bezel and gold face with diamonds. Are Rolexs out? :confused:

BOBALOO
09-28-2007, 01:10 PM
I have always liked the different avengers (Super avenger and Chronoavenger)
The Super Avenger is Stainless and the Chrono Avenger is Titanium. Do you have a preference?
I know a guy that bought an Avenger last week and they would not discount it from list because of it's popularity. It is also a hard watch to find in the stores because of it's large size and low (relative to the rest of the Breitling lineup) cost. About 4K Most of the Avengers have the diamond bezel for 10K

DeltaSigBoater
09-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Ask a buddy who has a buddy who knows a guy that sells them for cash only!
I used to know a guy who knew a guy who had a friend who's cousin's buddy acquired a truck full of authentic high-end designer accessories. I’d give him a call but I think he’s still detained for questionable custody of misappropriated merchandise :D
This is who myself and my family buy all of our watches through. He has always done very well for us and can get better pricing than most, we have cllectivley bought 7or8 breitlings ,about 6 rolexs and a couple cartiers from him.
FOCKING BALLARS :D

copterzach
09-28-2007, 01:13 PM
I know the guy. I get all my stereo equipment from him also.

DeltaSigBoater
09-28-2007, 01:19 PM
copterzach, you dont happen to have a gun guy do you?
:D

WaterJunky
09-28-2007, 01:23 PM
I have done a little watch shopping lately myself. In my case it was not for anything that was high end but..... I found that princeton watches has a good selection and excellent prices. Additionally, they are a well established company that you do not have to worry about selling you a fake. They will stand by their products and the authenticity of your purchase.
www.princetonwatches.com

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
09-28-2007, 01:26 PM
Samuels Jewelers
bus. 714-730-7971
Cell. 949-278-7259
Henry Samuels
baller.

copterzach
09-28-2007, 01:35 PM
copterzach, you dont happen to have a gun guy do you?
Guns are easy to get ....................in Texas!
Fill out the forms and walk out with pistol, rifle, or shotgun in 30 minutes! It took my Class 3 dealer 2 weeks to build my supressor and it took about 60 days to get the paper work from the ATF.

Goodtime$
09-28-2007, 01:39 PM
if you go to tourneau- bargain with the guy. I got a few hundo off my omega when i bought it last year.
I went to the shop in south coast plaza- cash is king

DeltaSigBoater
09-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Guns are easy to get ....................in Texas!
Fill out the forms and walk out with pistol, rifle, or shotgun in 30 minutes! It took my Class 3 dealer 2 weeks to build my supressor and it took about 60 days to get the paper work from the ATF.
I wish it was that easy in Kommieforniastan :mad:

WaterJunky
09-28-2007, 01:43 PM
I wish it was that easy in Kommieforniastan :mad:
Isn't that the truth!!!!

beaverretriever
09-28-2007, 01:59 PM
What is up with breitlings? Are they good watches? See them all the time, but have never checked one out. I have a SS Submariner with date, SS and gold Yachtmaster and a gold Presidential with diamond bezel and gold face with diamonds. Are Rolexs out? :confused:
Rolexs will never be out of style. Breitlings are great watches, and VERY trendy.
Bell and Ross; Not nearly as baller looking as a Rolex or a Breitlings but that is what makes them SOOOO Baller.
Bell and Ross, this will be my next watch.:D http://gallery.widgetgallery.com/shots/40593-shot.jpg

Cheap Thrills
09-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Somewhere there's some pilot pissed off flying around in circles wondering what happened to his instruments. :D
Interesting looking .
T.

spectras only
09-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Breitlings are great watches, and VERY trendy.
Breitlings were worn by the german pilots in WWII ;) . I guess trendiness never goes out of style :idea: :) /
I kinda like this new model Tissot has . Very boater friendly ;)
http://www.tissot.ch/
http://www.creativewatch.co.uk/tissot-t-touch-sales.html

andy01
09-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Only buy from a dealer when looking at Breitling. The store that baboloo posted is where I think I bought mine and sent Kilr for his. The guy I deal with is Stan. Great price and great service.
Andy

Cheap Thrills
09-28-2007, 02:23 PM
Breitlings were worn by the german pilots in WWII ;) . I guess trendiness never goes out if style :idea: :) /
And Omega and Bulova Accutron Have been to the moon. :D
True the classics never go out of style.
T.

BOBALOO
09-28-2007, 02:28 PM
I like the Omega Planet ocean
http://www.abouttime.com/business/mnt1/abouttime/invt/2218-50-00/planet-ocean-2218.50.00.jpg
and the Breitling Chronomat Evolution right now.:idea: :D
http://www.gemstonesuk.com/shopimages/products/normal/brevo_1.jpg

smoker
09-28-2007, 02:31 PM
www.abouttime.com
Located in Dana Point. I've purchased a TAG and an Omega from them. Nobody even came close to their price.

beaverretriever
09-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Breitlings were worn by the german pilots in WWII ;) . I guess trendiness never goes out if style :idea: :) /
LOL, Just because the have been around for over a 100 yrs doesn't mean they are not trendy right now;) :rolleyes:
Breitlings are great watches but are more popular than ever due to the oversize look that is in.

Cheap Thrills
09-28-2007, 02:36 PM
I like the Omega Planet ocean
Hell yeah ;) I've been looking at Sea Masters and Speed Masters , Just can't make up my mind on which one.
Still looking for One Of These (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2795053&postcount=1) Although in a different $ class it's still a nice piece.

spectras only
09-28-2007, 02:47 PM
more popular than ever due to the oversize look that is in.
I'm getting older and my eye sight isn't getting any better . So oversize is better :p :)
My 27 yr old dress Eterna is small and I only wear it when I could care less about time !

Kilrtoy
09-28-2007, 02:52 PM
I checked every store out that has the good guy price and HANDS DOWN Pollacks in the sherman oaks fashion square is the best. Ask for edward tell him I(Miguel) sent you. The only watch no one will discount is the super avenger, just like Bobaloo said...
I shopped from new york to L.A.
Never ever buy offline they are all fakes

beaverretriever
09-28-2007, 03:13 PM
Never ever buy offline they are all fakes
Oh crap, so you are telling me the Breitling Montbrillant Datora I got online for $125.95 might be a fake... no shit.;) :D

andy01
09-28-2007, 03:15 PM
And Omega and Bulova Accutron Have been to the moon. :D
True the classics never go out of style.
T.
And Breitling was the first watch to go to the moon..... :D

copterzach
09-28-2007, 03:16 PM
The Bell Ansd Ross looks like an Altimeter. I will definetly check out a Breitling. Out here in Texas we are a liitle behind you ballers in CA!

beaverretriever
09-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Andy, I believe it was the Omega Speedmaster.
At least the one on Buz's wrist sure was. ;)

andy01
09-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Andy, I believe it was the Omega Speedmaster.
At least the one on Buz's wrist sure was. ;)
Do your homework son, Buz was on a budget. The first man to the moon was a baller....... j/k
I believe it is on the website about being first to the moon.

Cheap Thrills
09-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Unless they put it on a monkeys wrist it wasn't :D
A little history
Both Omega Speedmaster and Bulova Accutron were the first.
Astronauts wore the Speedmaster Professional on the Apollo Missions. and the Accutron was used for instrument timing and on the Apollo 13 mission was part of critical flight control system.
T.

beaverretriever
09-28-2007, 03:51 PM
Do your homework son, Buz was on a budget. The first man to the moon was a baller....... j/k
I am a watch fanatic. I get Watchtime mag. There was an ariticle about the watch that Buz wore disapearing on the way to the Smithsonian. Interesting stuff.
Cheap Thrills you are correct on the Bulova being up there with Omega. Ultimately the Omega was the first on the moon although many of the clocks and time keeping mechanical pieces on the early space missions were farmed out to Accutron/Bulova :)

andy01
09-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Unless they put it on a monkeys wrist it wasn't :D
A little history
Both Omega Speedmaster and Bulova Accutron were the first.
Astronauts wore the Speedmaster Professional on the Apollo Missions. and the Accutron was used for instrument timing and on the Apollo 13 mission was part of critical flight control system.
T.
I may standed corrected here, I thought it was on their home page. I am looking now.
But if not I'll go with the monkey plan to cover my ass..... :)
Andy

Cheap Thrills
09-28-2007, 03:57 PM
I may standed corrected here, I thought it was on their home page. I am looking now.
But if not I'll go with the monkey plan to cover my ass..... :)
Andy
:D Monkey it is ... :D
T.

beaverretriever
09-28-2007, 03:58 PM
:D Monkey it is ... :D
T.
I concur... Monkey. :D

beaverretriever
09-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Do you believe everything that is on a website? Isn't there a website that states "Worlds Best"!!!:D :D :D :p :p
Fricken monkeys going to moon and their Breitlings...;)

ChumpChange
09-28-2007, 04:13 PM
I have a watch broker that I go through to get all my watches. Other people on the board have used him as well. If you are serious, let me know and I'll get you his information.