PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Mix 110 And Pump Gas?

H20MOFO
09-28-2007, 05:51 PM
I Was Told By A Few People That It Was A Bad Idea That They Both HaVE DIFFERENT Specific Gravities. (ONE IS HEAVIER THAN ANOTHER)So They Wouldn't Mix Well.(one Would Float On Another) If So Which One Is On Top? I'm Thinkin I Only Need 95 Or So Octaine And Using 110 Is Killing My Performance.(some What) We All Want A Couple More Right? Haha .HEY THIS SOUNDS LIKE A BUSBY QUESTION.

09-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Gas will mix with gas, there is no need to worry about seperation. Once they are mixed- no worries. The only thing you need to be concerned with is 'double mixing'.. In other words....thinking your gas is 100% race gas and adding pump 91 and unintentionally doing it again, now you have 75% pump 91 and 25% Race gas. Looks can be deceiving even double mixed, it'll still look purple and its hard to tell what the hell it is after its mixed, even when its been double mixed. Don't ask me how I know, I learned the hard and expensive way, cost me 2 pistons and a set of rings-bearings.

Sleeper CP
09-28-2007, 08:53 PM
565" is 11.8:1 compression, fuel is mixed 8 gallons VP-110 w/ 7 gallons 91 average is 101. Works just fine.
What type/ how much compression are you running?
I use to mix Av gas w/ 91 with old engine 10.8:1 for years and never had a
fuel problem even with 250 hp Nos system. Nos enrichment fuel is methonal.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

RCB19
09-28-2007, 09:58 PM
We were going to mix 100 octane Torco with 91 50/50 at the dyno but never needed to. A 50/50 mix should come out 95.5 oct.

H20MOFO
09-29-2007, 07:14 AM
Hi Thanks Guys. I Kinda Figured The Sunco Guy Just Wanted All Of My Money. As Far As My Compression 11.6-1. But Speedy Mopar Guy Says My Adjusted (i Guess Dynamic?) Is More Like 9.83-1. Here In Utah I Can't Find Any Pump Gas Higher Than 91. Also I Can't Seem To Find A Torco, Or Av Fuel Either. Last Season I Got This Great Idea(not) To Put The 110 In 1 Tank And Pump In My Other, And Just Leave Both Valves Open. Well Long Story Short When One Tank Was Filled Higher Than The Other Somehow The 2 Tanks Were Mixing Together.(one Day Parked In My Diveway Purple Fuel Was Coming Out Of The Tank That Was Supposed To Be The Pump Gas)

Sleeper CP
09-29-2007, 08:25 AM
Back Flow valve:idea:
Sleeper CP

Liberator TJ1984
09-29-2007, 11:26 AM
For the price down here $ 3.25 gal. for Av-Gas I run it straight :D mixed with 1qt.marvel mystery oil and 1qt. lead add. per drum .( just to give me a warm fuzzy feeling > probably don't need the lead add. )
but I have mixed it 50/50 . I took 2 drums to the airport and filled them both 1/2 full , then stopped and topped them off with 93 . That way no matter how it gets pumped out I know the ratio won't get screwed up.;)
ps> If you don't have any drums try and hit up a local construction company and ask if they have any empty Hyd.oil drums ,( they are usually the cleanest )....Holt, John Deere, local quarry ..etc...they will usually give them away if you ask nice ...the fuel suppliers will want at least a $20 deposit ea.

H20MOFO
09-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks Liberator. $3.25 Sounds Better Than $6.20 For 110. But Seriously I Can Go Down To Salt Lake International And Say Filler Up? Or Do You Go To Some Private Airport. ALSO WTF IS MARVEL?

steelcomp
09-29-2007, 12:38 PM
I mix 110 and regular gas all the time. I ran it in my 954 Honda and it made a pretty big (noticable) difference. I'll throw 5gal of 110 in the tank of my Mustang once in a while before a fill-up. If nothing else, the ex. smell gets some people's attention. :D I have a 110 tune for the Mustang, and I'm looking forward to trying that soon.
Fortunately, I can get Trick right here in town.
Marvel= Marvel Mystery Oil. Just adds a little lube to the av-gas.

Sleeper CP
09-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Thanks Liberator. $3.25 Sounds Better Than $6.20 For 110. But Seriously I Can Go Down To Salt Lake International And Say Filler Up? Or Do You Go To Some Private Airport. ALSO WTF IS MARVEL?
Small local, I wouldn't show up at a Big airport with a 55 gal drum. You might get shot:(
I mixed Avgas with 91 at 50/50 for years as I said before and the engine ran just fine. I had a bunch of engine guys tell me not to for a bunch of reasons, so one day I dropped by Bruce Crowers ranch and asked him. He said no problem just put 91 in it for some lubrication.
Sleeper CP

Liberator TJ1984
09-30-2007, 07:37 AM
Hit the towns private Airports on the Outskirts of where you live .( they will usually ask you why you need the fuel and how much ) I tell them I got an Ultra - light Plane I'm toying with at home and need fuel ;) . If they say OK tell them you need a Drum Full , let them know you have your own drum. Make some "decals" off your computer to say 110LL Fuel in Big Red Letters and tape them on the drum before you get there. I have had no problems so far doing it this way.

H20MOFO
09-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Thanks Again Liberator I Was Going To Post ;i Think I'm Screwed'because The Only Other Airport I Could Think Of Is Hill Air Force Base Haha. There Is However A Small Airport Somewhat Near Me. It Has A Gaurded Gate Ect. Maybe The Ultralight Trick Will Fly There Thanks.

Havasu Hangin'
09-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Hit the towns private Airports on the Outskirts of where you live .( they will usually ask you why you need the fuel and how much ) I tell them I got an Ultra - light Plane I'm toying with at home and need fuel ;) . If they say OK tell them you need a Drum Full , let them know you have your own drum. Make some "decals" off your computer to say 110LL Fuel in Big Red Letters and tape them on the drum before you get there. I have had no problems so far doing it this way.
I just pull my boat up to the local airport, onto the tarmack, and fill 'er up with my credit card (100ll).
Of course, I pick a slow time during the week- it takes awhile to pump 200 gallons, and those pilots don't seem to have alot of patience...lol.

67weimann
09-30-2007, 07:59 PM
H2O...where at in UT are you located. There is a small airport (can't remember what it's called) by riverdale.. You said Hill AFB so I assume you are close to there?

Liberator TJ1984
10-01-2007, 05:19 AM
I just pull my boat up to the local airport, onto the tarmack, and fill 'er up with my credit card (100ll).
Of course, I pick a slow time during the week- it takes awhile to pump 200 gallons, and those pilots don't seem to have alot of patience...lol.
That used to work before 9/11 :mad: now they ask alot of questions :rolleyes:
but the airport is about 30miles away and my boat will only hold 20gal.;)
thats why I buy it in drums
ain't gots me on dem beeg baller boats :D

H20MOFO
10-01-2007, 07:58 AM
As Far As My Location I'm About 1 Hour South Of Hill Afb. There Is A Small Airport Closer To Me Called ,belive It Or Not, Airport #2.

Terminal Velocity
10-01-2007, 08:17 AM
you can also go up to the Bountiful airport. take redwood road exit on the North end of 215 and head north. it's about 2-3 miles up on the left.
I'm guessing you are buying fuel at D'salgio's in Midvale? Or i think Jenson still sells Sunoco up off of Redwood and about 45th S.?
anyway, bountiful would probably be the easiest to buy Avgas or 100LL. 'dem people up thar is still a little backwoodsy if you know what i mean..:D

H20MOFO
10-01-2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks For The Tip Terminal Velocity. I Didn't Know There Was An Airport In Bountiful. I'll Have To Go Find It. Oh And Your Right,jenson Oil.