PDA

View Full Version : What is the best Octane Booster Besides racing Fuel?

FORCEINU
09-28-2007, 09:49 PM
I would like to know what is the best octane booster that I can mix with 92
Octane I run 10Psi Of boost BBC Where can I buy some And what is the MIX Per 10 gals.

vee-driven
09-29-2007, 07:03 PM
mothballs!

Heatseeker
09-30-2007, 09:05 AM
I've heard Toulene(sp?). Nothing more than paint thinner, but I ain't pouring it in my tanks!!!
I mix high test and pump gas. Hasn't failed me yet!

jetboatperformance
09-30-2007, 09:29 AM
John have you run that Torco yet? Tom

jetboatperformance
09-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Too funny thats so old skool cool, my dad used to tell me of the days when he put mothballs in his outboards and Harleys in the 50's.:)
In my HO there is not a dependable booster, if you need more octane buy race gas- mix or pure. Pay now or pay later.
First "Terminator' flick "John" was makin bombs with mathballs (naptha) lol :D Tom

speedymopars
10-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Real lead - that is what they used to make gas in the past. You can bump gas 16 points easily with that.
www.realleadinstead.com or anything with real lead in it.

Heatseeker
10-01-2007, 12:30 PM
John have you run that Torco yet? Tom
Next weekend!

Heatseeker
10-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Real lead - that is what they used to make gas in the past. You can bump gas 16 points easily with that.
www.realleadinstead.com or anything with real lead in it.
Have you used this stuff? I'd be interested to know how well it works.

MKEELINE
10-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Torco Accelerator race fuel concentrate. Like the name says it's concentrated racing fuel. I believe the website has a chart as far as what amount get you to a certain octane level. I'm running the stuff with 91 pump gas in a turbo cruiser, so far so good. www.torcoracefuels.com

gn7
10-01-2007, 03:57 PM
www.realleadinstead.com
if not THAT, then THIS!!!!http://www.kemcooil.com/octane_supreme_specs.pdf
usually would not devulge this info. but the other was already up so ............
the rest are a flying joke

1968Droptop
10-02-2007, 07:06 AM
Don Hampton suggested adding 8oz. of Tolulene per 10glns. of fuel. He suggested it, so I do it. Anyone know how much that may raise the octane rating ? Or not ? I firgure Don knows a little more about blowers than I do, so I listened to his advice.

pocketchange 22
10-02-2007, 04:23 PM
The only way to raise octane is to buy the fuel..Octane booster only works AFTER the decimal point. EX: 94 octane fuel + 1 can boost (can claiming to raise 4 points) won't turn fuel into 98 octane; will end up at 94.04 +/-
Octane boost is a money making myth, you do the math. All you heros spending time on polished stainless motor research, and chroming cheap out on fuel, that's really smart !!
...But you will get a way cool sticker w/ the booster, give it 2 some "wanna-be", perhaps you will get your Pizza quicker with the decal on his car.

BUSBY
10-03-2007, 05:19 AM
Torco Accelerator ... it has the proper additives to raise your Octane level ... not tenths of a point, but actual points. Been dyno tested by major magazines (Car Craft, Hot Rod, etc.) and the results are true.
http://www.torco.com/p-84-accelerator-unleaded-fuel-concentrate-32oz.aspx

TPI
10-03-2007, 05:56 AM
I have had very good luck with this product. No knocking or detonation whatsoever, on some pretty powerful motors. It is available to the public on the internet through www.batterystuff.com , and it is VERY easy to mix up different ratio's..................................
http://www.batterystuff.com/images/productimages/octane_boost_130_2qt_lg.jpg

gn7
10-03-2007, 04:04 PM
same stuff I posted earlier, that and the stuff speedymopar posted are the only crap that work worth a damn. everything else is gimmick and carb cleaner

Liberator TJ1984
10-04-2007, 07:13 AM
I have had very good luck with this product. No knocking or detonation whatsoever, on some pretty powerful motors. It is available to the public on the internet through www.batterystuff.com , and it is VERY easy to mix up different ratio's..................................
http://www.batterystuff.com/images/productimages/octane_boost_130_2qt_lg.jpg
May be good stuff but the cost to value is IMO not worth it , IE....
Boat holds 20 gal. only get 91oct. @ pump ..I need 110 oct.
130 is approx. $ 11 qt It would take 4-1/2 qts. to get me where I need to be ..extra $ 50 in fuel add....
just should buy race fuel and be done with it :idea:

gn7
10-05-2007, 02:59 PM
absolutly, if you need 110 then buy race gas, but if you are looking for a little insurance on a pump gas motor, or maybe your running a tad more comp than pump can handle but don't really 110 then this stuff works, and the other stuff is well.......:( not so good, but PEP BOYS sells the hell out it:D

Shadow1
10-12-2007, 04:44 AM
Don Hampton suggested adding 8oz. of Tolulene per 10glns. of fuel. .
How does that work. Tolulene or Benzine is just high octane fuel in this case with about a octane rating of 114 or 116.
To raise 94 octane levels you need large quanities of either Tol or Ben.
If you mix one gallon to one gallon your new octane rating is 94 + 116 divided by 2 or 105
Adding 8 ounces to 10 gallons would do nothing????
I ask this because I have 5 gallons of tolulene and if it worked as Don Hampton said I would also start using it.
I do have forumula for the both benzene and tolulene and both need large quanitites like mixing hot and cold water. Volumn is the answer.

gdevault
10-12-2007, 06:17 AM
Tolulene works well for adding a couple points to pump gas. If you are needing anything in the range of 100 octane (or above), you may as well just get the correct fuel.

3 daytona`s
10-14-2007, 07:47 PM
I would like to know what is the best octane booster that I can mix with 92
Octane I run 10Psi Of boost BBC Where can I buy some And what is the MIX Per 10 gals.
Do a search for Price Chemicals they have several different products,I personally hwve used Max Race and it is awesome

10-20-2007, 08:33 AM
I only blend with race gas, but I've never tried the stuff Gary uses (and he would not put any old crap in his engines!)
I use this (http://www.ranney.com/~mjr/fuel_blend.html) fuel blending calculator to get the right octane number. It also allows you to calculate the cost of blending.
just my .02