PDA

View Full Version : Duke President Apologizes To Lacrosse Players

RitcheyRch
09-29-2007, 10:11 AM
Now if only Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton would do the same. :rolleyes:
http://cbs2.com/topstories/topstories_story_272135306.html
Duke University President Richard Brodhead apologized Saturday for not better supporting the menÂ’s lacrosse players falsely accused in last yearÂ’s highly publicized rape scandal.
Brodhead, speaking at the university’s law school, said he regretted Duke’s “failure to reach out” in a “time of extraordinary peril” after a woman accused three players of raping at a March 2006 party thrown by the team.
“Given the complexities of this case, getting the communication right would never have been easy,” Brodhead said. “But the fact is that we did not get it right, causing the families to feel abandoned when they were most in need of support. This was a mistake. I take responsibility for it and I apologize for it.”
As authorities began to investigate the allegations, Brodhead and the university initially suspended the highly ranked team from play. He later canceled the remainder of its season and ousted longtime coach Mike Pressler. Meanwhile, Durham County prosecutor Mike Nifong labeled the team “hooligans” as he searched for suspects.
But even as Nifong won indictments against players Reade Seligmann, Collin Finnerty and Dave Evans, it became clear the allegations had no merit.
State prosecutors determined in February the accuser’s story was a lie, and North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper called the three players innocent victims of Nifong’s “tragic rush to accuse.”

ratso
09-29-2007, 10:14 AM
They ought to strap that bitch down and let all the players "beat it up":idea:

boatsnblondes
09-29-2007, 10:15 AM
An appology in hopes of avoiding a costly lawsuit guaranteed to go against him, is not really aa appology....after they get done with this round, I hope Sharpton and Jackson are in the crosshairs...let them see that running thier mouths can be costly....:mad:

westair
09-29-2007, 11:22 AM
Hope to see him and the school pay out big time to these families and for Nifong , hopefully a tragic ending for that asshole.

SmokinLowriderSS
09-29-2007, 11:57 AM
About 1/2 the faculty needs to beg forgiveness as well (or be sued into oblivion (personally, I prefer the latter in this instance). :mad:
I stress "beg forgiveness" because, IMO, after the public conviction they got in the first weeks of the investigation, from about 1/2 of the college faculty, they deserve more than just "I'm Sorry". :mad:

BoatPI
09-29-2007, 02:41 PM
Liberal as+bite, the attroney general kicked the mess months ago. Hell Nifong has already served his day in lockup.
Too little too late.