PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Bridge Survey vote by OCT 2nd

SummitKarl
09-29-2007, 10:19 AM
hope this link works.....it's a one time shot so you can only vote once
it kinda boils down to should everyone that owns property in Havasu pay for the second bridge or should the residents and developers of the island pay for it...:idea:
boy thats a tuff one to decide:rolleyes: :hammer2:
Vote Here (http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=x59oafcab.0.dp7qafcab.xjnnxubab.0&ts=S0288&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zoomerang.com%2Fsurvey.zgi%3Fp% 3DWEB226Y2CR83TX)

Havasu1986
09-29-2007, 10:24 AM
Karl...Wasn't there a agreement along time ago that a 2nd bridge was to be paid for by by a developer who built on the island. :confused:

SummitKarl
09-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Karl...Wasn't there a agreement along time ago that a 2nd bridge was to be paid for by by a developer who built on the island. :confused:from what I have HEARD!!!! the original group(or part of it) went belly up/closed or pulled out....so I am assuming with Havasu politics the way it is the original deal disappeared as well:rolleyes:

SummitKarl
09-29-2007, 10:31 AM
hope this link works.....it's a one time shot so you can only vote once
it kinda boils down to should everyone that owns property in Havasu pay for the second bridge or should the residents and developers of the island pay for it...:idea:
boy thats a tuff one to decide:rolleyes: :hammer2:
Vote Here (http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=x59oafcab.0.dp7qafcab.xjnnxubab.0&ts=S0288&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zoomerang.com%2Fsurvey.zgi%3Fp% 3DWEB226Y2CR83TX)
oh hey wait a second that was my 5000th post:) :D :rolleyes:

Not So Fast
09-29-2007, 11:42 AM
PLEASE, all of the Havasu property owner pay attention and vote on this or you will be paying MORE IN TAXES!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: We're being screwed to death on the sewer bills and now this!! Let the developers pay for it. It only takes a minute to complete. Thanks Karl!!!!!! NSF

OutCole'd
09-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Yep, thanks Karl, just voted.
Raise taxes on everyone except people who live on the Island.:D :D J/K

HDF WATERDOG
09-29-2007, 12:43 PM
Where does this proposed bridge start and end. Please,

Havasu1986
09-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Where does this proposed bridge start and end. Please,
I think somewhere by the new condos over to near Crazy Horse. :confused:

hava life
09-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Every city I have built in the developer has had to pay for the improvements. If the city wants a bridge, fire station, police-sub station, or upgrade the park then the city should get some balls and not let any development continue until they are satisfied and bonds have been acquired for these improvements. I know the economy is impacting the developments on the island but that's how the market goes. I don't want to pay for a bridge the island was fine before they wanted to develop the island when the market was hot. I remember that the developers were going to pay for the bridge in the beginning.

BoatPI
09-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Let's see, i just received my property tax assesment/bill....................................
$556 for property tax, that is reasonible..
$2,000 in assesment and bonds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jammin
09-29-2007, 03:47 PM
I think I read somewhere that the fee for bridge developement for the new houses on the island was a done deal, so what's this survey about??????? I remember now, the first article in the Havasu newspaper about the group wanting to call it freedom bridge (or whatever) the city responded by saying that the fees for the houses, being built currently, were all ready set and couldn't be changed!!!!!!!

UltraBigDaddy
09-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Builders should be paying for it, and at the very least the people that now live in the new homes and Business should be the ones to pay...
Hurst

BajaMike
09-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Have very many of those over-priced new houses on the island sold??? If so, did they have to drop prices alot??:confused:

fiasco
09-29-2007, 07:15 PM
MAKE IT A TOLL BRIDGE . :sqeyes:

havasu5150
09-30-2007, 06:03 AM
Have very many of those over-priced new houses on the island sold??? If so, did they have to drop prices alot??:confused:
Last I saw........None of them had sold

phebus
09-30-2007, 06:03 AM
I think I read somewhere that the fee for bridge developement for the new houses on the island was a done deal, so what's this survey about??????? I remember now, the first article in the Havasu newspaper about the group wanting to call it freedom bridge (or whatever) the city responded by saying that the fees for the houses, being built currently, were all ready set and couldn't be changed!!!!!!!
That all is true, but the building that is going on is a very small section of land and there is a lot more to come. That need to charge all future developmen,t fees for construction of the new bridge.

cc322
09-30-2007, 06:39 AM
That need to charge all future developmen,t fees for construction of the new bridge.
As well as a new launch ramp too.:D

shueman
09-30-2007, 06:39 AM
Done...Island developers should pay...maybe a Bed Tax to hit the tourists...:idea:

mickeyfinn
09-30-2007, 07:17 AM
I don't live anywhere near there, but voted anyway.
Lloks like options 2 and 3 are the favored options (have the highest % voted as a 5). Results so far are:
Top number is the count of respondents selecting the option.
Bottom % is percent of the total respondents selecting the option. Strongly Opposed Opposed No Opinion/Neutral Favor Strongly Favor
City-wide Property Tax (would affect all property owners) 421
69% 97
16% 35
6% 36
6% 19
3%
Special District Property Tax (would affect property owners on the Island) 76
12% 40
7% 61
10% 140
23% 291
48%
Development Impact Fee (would affect new construction on the Island) 25
4% 12
2% 34
6% 123
20% 414
68%
Bridge Use Toll (would affect everyone crossing the Second Bridge - including tourists) 231
38% 93
15% 88
14% 93
15% 103
17%
Bridge Use Toll with Residential Exemption (would effect everyone crossing the Second Bridge EXCEPT residents that live on the Island) 296
49% 94
15% 75
12% 54
9% 89
15%

jammin
09-30-2007, 07:21 AM
look again Phebus, the whole old airport area is graded into pads, which is a large part of the island. That part is probably locked in on fees.

SummitKarl
09-30-2007, 07:38 AM
look again Phebus, the whole old airport area is graded into pads, which is a large part of the island. That part is probably locked in on fees.
typically "public works" only askes for a bond in the amount of the cost of roads/sewer/sidewalks...etc..that are within the Sub dev. and that work must be complete first before building permits are issued for individual lots..
so many backdoor deals made out here with the last (2) mayors:mad: ..it's hard to keep track of it all...so who knows what the real deal is or if the money still exists:rolleyes:

rodnjen
09-30-2007, 07:43 AM
Why shouldn't everyone pay? The entire town will benefit from it, in that it will help preserve the London Bridge. If it wasn't for that bridge, you/my homes wouldn't be worth what they are today.
The City has likely mismanaged some of their building projects, ie sewers. If that is the case, then put some qualified people in office and in appointed positions that can actually manage major capital works projects.
Many of you want developers to pay for it, but the developers are often the largest contributors to election campaings.

Keith E. Sayre
09-30-2007, 09:39 AM
Rodnjen: I believe that what most of us are saying here is this, if we don't
develop the island any further, then we DON'T need a 2nd bridge. If we DO
develop the island further, then we DO need a 2nd bridge. Therefore, make
the people that will profit from this development and those living in these
developments pay for the bridge that THEY are causing us to build. Most
Havasu people that don't launch at the marina don't use the London Bridge
so a tax to them would seem unfair. In the final analysis, the developers
will come, build their homes, make a ton of money and leave the city holding
the bag. It is always the way that our city does things. Remember when they said no building could begin until the bridge is built so that we won't
put all those big heavy trucks etc on the old London Bridge? That's a
laugher.
Keith Sayre

Not So Fast
09-30-2007, 10:53 AM
the bag. It is always the way that our city does things. Remember when they said no building could begin until the bridge is built so that we won't
laugher.
Keith Sayre
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NSF

rodnjen
09-30-2007, 12:51 PM
I agree with what you are saying, the City tends to be a little bass-akwards. I would rather the island not be developed any further, although I think a second bridge is still a good idea.
There is plenty of state and federal money available for projects, especially if it will help preserve a historical monument. I think the City, including the citizens, should focus on what should be done with the island, then decide on the bridge.

SummitKarl
10-01-2007, 06:46 AM
last day (eve) voting:D

Ziggy
10-01-2007, 07:02 AM
We don't need the bridge until they overpopulate the island with homes........soooooooooo, it only makes sense for those causing the excessive traffic to bare the costs.
Personally, the island should stay as it is so anyone can use it and have access.

Hardly Satisfied
10-01-2007, 07:29 AM
laugher.
Keith Sayre
I agree , well said Keith

SummitKarl
10-02-2007, 06:57 AM
voting is about to end at 10am
view the results so far (http://www.zoomerang.com/web/SharedResults/SharedResultsSurveyResultsPage.aspx?ID=L2362WNUMVN Y)

HemiDude
10-02-2007, 07:04 AM
laugher.
Keith Sayre
Done...

hkunz
10-02-2007, 07:30 AM
Keith said it best. I tried to vote again, but it wouldn't let me vote more than once. I guess I should have told it I was a Democrat so I could get more votes. And a vote for my dead relatives. And unborn children.