PDA

View Full Version : Hot Air Balloons?

Old Man Havasu
09-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Want to give my son a ride on a hot air balloon for his 13th birthday. Also considered a bi-plane ride or airplane ride. Does anyone on the boards fly and want to rent a plane for some FREE flight training time? Rookies excluded:D:
A ride to Catalina would be cool. Ideas? The wife is will be along as well so we need a 4 passenger aircraft!
Thanks

Old Man Havasu
09-30-2007, 06:36 AM
Bump?

ColeTR2
09-30-2007, 07:39 AM
I thnk you can get vintage airplane rides at Plains of Fame in Chino
http://www.planesoffame.org/

phebus
09-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Just let him go for a few spinouts with Kilrtoy.
Priceless..........................:D

3queens
09-30-2007, 09:20 AM
i have gone to temecula valley for baloon rides its great
you go early am. not as cool as flying a plane though
charger game-angels-fishing off shore-callifornia advencher
both parks one fee ?
spending time with family priceless:)

mouzer
09-30-2007, 09:25 AM
Fullerton airport.has the old fighter planes one of ya in each plane and ya go over the ocean by catalina and the instructor helps ya dog fight each other.wanted to do that for my dad.:idea: also glider rides are supose to be a blast

3queens
09-30-2007, 09:28 AM
long beach aqarium

Old Man Havasu
09-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Fullerton airport.has the old fighter planes one of ya in each plane and ya go over the ocean by catalina and the instructor helps ya dog fight each other.wanted to do that for my dad.:idea: also glider rides are supose to be a blast
I looked into that but I'm 6'10" so the fit did not work out! :D:

Nord
09-30-2007, 11:23 AM
There is a guy who lives down the street from me who owns a hot air balloon company. I live in Corona, but I would guess that they would go down to the beach. I'll get his info and post it.................If I remember:(

Old Man Havasu
09-30-2007, 01:12 PM
There is a guy who lives down the street from me who owns a hot air balloon company. I live in Corona, but I would guess that they would go down to the beach. I'll get his info and post it.................If I remember:(
Thanks! I will PM you every hour so you don't forget! :D:

dunaholic
09-30-2007, 10:49 PM
I'll fly you to Catalina. When did you want to go?

Old Man Havasu
10-01-2007, 12:18 PM
I'll fly you to Catalina. When did you want to go?
Where do you keep your plane? Are we your first passengers?:D:
We would be interested in a flight in the next few weeks. We are flexible.

Boatcop
10-01-2007, 12:23 PM
There's some places off US 95 in central Nevada that he'd get a kick out of.
:D

dunaholic
10-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Where do you keep your plane? Are we your first passengers?:D:
We would be interested in a flight in the next few weeks. We are flexible.
Well, being that you are a bigger than normal guy (I read 6' 10") we wouldn't fit in my plane, but we could rent a Cessna Turbo 182 or a Turbo 206 out of Long Beach. You would not be my first passengers, I have been licensed for 12 years and I have been to Catalina many times (kind of a tricky landing over there). Just in case you didn't know, the airport at Catalina is way up on the top of the mountain, meaning that Avalon is about an hour bus ride from there. So if you had plans to hang out in Avalon I would suggest taking the Catalina Express. There is a restaurant at the airport that has buffalo burgers that are quite tasty. I would need to know how much you, your son and your wife weigh before I can commit to the trip though.

Old Man Havasu
10-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Can you PM me a phone number so we can discuss?
Thanks
Gary

Old Man Havasu
10-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Can you PM me a phone number so we can discuss?
Thanks
Gary
Thanks! I will call you!