PDA

View Full Version : And I quote from my AZ Tax Bill....

CampbellCarl
09-29-2007, 05:18 PM
This is on the upper left corner of the tax bill I received today, following the word, important, that is due on Monday (wtf?), gotta love it!
"See Recerse side from complete explanation of your tax notice and payment instructions." I guess I should write to the tax man and ask which side of the document is the recerse side and where the complete explanation is located from!
CC

Boatcop
09-29-2007, 05:49 PM
Must be a Mohave County thing. Mine is OK.

RitcheyRch
09-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Guess they need a spell check dept.

SK48
09-29-2007, 06:14 PM
I can tell you that La Paz county suks. However after having a meeting with the local tax assessor, who is not the sharpest tool in the shed, my property taxes were lowered a lot from last year. All of my parcels up river showed that the taxes this year would be up about 25% over last year. This has been about the normal increase for the last three years.
I received my tax bills yesterday, and to my supprise they were all lower. None of the assessments changed, but all five bills dropped exactly $ 200.00 each. I hope it is not a mistake, but a thousand dollars is a good start.
Realestate is a good investement, but I will not purchase property in La Paz county in the future.

DeltaSigBoater
09-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Checked the post office box yesterday evening, nothing. Went back this afternoon, some mail. Come home start sorting and get the monthly bill for the lake;
Processed 9-14-2007
Post Marked 9-28-2007
Due Monday 10-1-2007
WTF :mad:

CampbellCarl
09-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Yes Alan, Mohave County. Delta Sig......nice huh? Only reason I was looking for it was that I was at River House last weekend and heard on the local radio that the notices were going out late. I guess that a Monday postmark will satisfy the 10/1 due date. (Hope!)
CC

franky
09-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Read the bill, first half is not late (fees) untill after Nov 1.

Boatcop
09-29-2007, 07:21 PM
Checked the post office box yesterday evening, nothing. Went back this afternoon, some mail. Come home start sorting and get the monthly bill for the lake;
Processed 9-14-2007
Post Marked 9-28-2007
Due Monday 10-1-2007
WTF :mad:
Yes Alan, Mohave County. Delta Sig......nice huh? Only reason I was looking for it was that I was at River House last weekend and heard on the local radio that the notices were going out late. I guess that a Monday postmark will satisfy the 10/1 due date. (Hope!)
CC
Although they are technically "DUE" October 1st, there are no penalties unless the payment isn't received (or payment mail postmarked) by 5:00 PM, November 1st. If not, then interest (16% per year, prorated monthly) back to October 1st, is applied.
My taxes actually went up by by about 6 1/2 bucks this year, from $401.68 to $408.34. That's MY 1/2 of the property taxes due. My wife's half of the property is exempt from taxes, since she, being a citizen of the Cherokee Nation, is not required to pay taxes on Property she owns within any Indian Reservation. And the town of Parker is within the Reservation

charlyox
09-29-2007, 07:57 PM
I got mine (Ft.Mohave) and it say's due 10/1. And I have an inpound account.WTF?

Boatcop
09-30-2007, 06:38 AM
I got mine (Ft.Mohave) and it say's due 10/1. And I have an inpound account.WTF?
If your Mortgage Company pays the taxes, then the notice is just for your records. They get a copy and pay it for you. You don't have to do anything.
A few years ago the Company I had at the time didn't pay the taxes. I got a delinguent note and promptly called their Customer Service. They paid the taxes and the interest within a couple of days. No problem.
Although I did a re-fi with a new company shortly after that. I don't need that kind of headache.