PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous Plate System

OverKill
09-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Guys Squirtcha? and I are putting a Nirtous System on my Chevy 468 tomorrow. Just thought I would ask if any of you have some pics of setups and maybe some good information. Any info would be great. Thanks
OverKill

IMPATIENT 1
09-29-2007, 06:26 PM
run a fuel pressure safety switch on the fuel pressure supply to the fuel solenoid, back out the total timing 2 degree's for every 50hp of nitrous you add, keep the bottle pressure gauge in the green;)

FryJet
09-29-2007, 06:46 PM
Here's the setup I did on my old boat.......
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1909954upeA331.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1909954upe1E5.jpg
F.J.

'75 Miller
09-30-2007, 02:16 PM
My 509BBC liked 4 degrees timing removed with a 150 shot. If you don't already have an MSD box look at the Digital6. Has built-in 2 stage timing retard and costs about $320.

-XTC-
09-30-2007, 06:16 PM
I use 6 degrees on the first stage (175 shot) - second stage 4 more degrees (150 shot).
http://www.shorewoodgroup.com/***boat/DSCF0180w.jpg
Darin

QuickJet
09-30-2007, 10:06 PM
I use 6 degrees on the first stage (175 shot) - second stage 4 more degrees (150 shot).
Darin
That's bad ass!!

BOOGEYMAN
09-30-2007, 10:37 PM
Darin
So whats it run with dart heads and a 325 shot of hose????
Travis

HBjet
10-01-2007, 12:08 AM
8 degrees with a 150 shot. Love the stuff.
Post pics of your install.

Squirtcha?
10-01-2007, 07:34 AM
Guys Squirtcha? and I are putting a Nirtous System on my Chevy 468 tomorrow. Just thought I would ask if any of you have some pics of setups and maybe some good information. Any info would be great. Thanks
OverKill
Squirtcha? and I?
That's funny there wheels. You were sitting on your ass the whole time!
My advice and the first thing I would suggest.....is to find someone else to install it.
That Squirt guy doesn't have a clue as to what he's doing. Whatever he tells you
just ignor it. He's just lying to ya and trying to F&%* you up.
Orrrrr
If it were me........I'd go on a message board somewhere and ask everybody on there
how to do it, then again you could always take it Bill Bergeron and $$$$$$ pay him $$$$$$.

bp
10-01-2007, 01:23 PM
i'd post pics of mine, but i've never successfully posted a pic yet...:mad:

Sleeper CP
10-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Squirtcha? and I?
If it were me........I'd go on a message board somewhere and ask everybody on there
how to do it, then again you could always take it Bill Bergeron and $$$$$$ pay him $$$$$$.
Is it just me, or am I not feeling the lover here:confused: ;) :idea:
Great reply.:)
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

Sleeper CP
10-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Darin
I got lost twice trying to follow a line:D
Beautiful system and great plumbing, it must take the better part of a day to pull off the manifold.;)
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

Squirtcha?
10-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Is it just me, or am I not feeling the lover here:confused: ;) :idea:
Great reply.:)
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover
I forgot my little smilely face emoticons............:D :D :D :D :D
Supposed to be read as tongue in cheek smart assedness.
Although I must say he did totally ignored my advice on which kit to buy.
Wilson manifolds makes some beautiful stuff, but $1300 for a single carb
plate type nitrous kit and it doesn't even come with everything you need?
You could buy a nice direct port fogger system like the one pictured above
and everything to plumb it for less than $1300.
I paid $350 for my kit and it came with absolutely everything needed to
make it work. Granted the arming switch was a cheap piece of crap and
got broken/swapped out after the first two outings, and the bottle mount
was cheap as hell (it's in six pieces in my garage), but it still came with
everything needed to at least get you started.
Oh well............live and burn.

Sleeper CP
10-01-2007, 03:26 PM
I forgot my little smilely face emoticons............:D :D :D :D :D
Supposed to be read as tongue in cheek smart assedness.
Kind of figured as much. Just ribbing Overkill: get your friend to help with the work and then ask a bunch of yahoos on the net how to do it. I thought your response was perfect.
The "tongue in cheek" reference reminds me on the lesbian carpenter that did all her work "tongue and groove" .. but that is a different story.....
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford

hotbo
10-01-2007, 07:56 PM
there is no real rule for timing retard the guideline is 2 for every 50.but moslty ive found this not true.first stay safe make pass then pull plugs read them if its to rich start to add back timing.i done thistill i ended up back at my original point of 36 degrees full advance.i have a digital msd 6 box with single step retard i have hooked up to my button so when i mash it.it will take out whatever i set it to.but ive ended up with not taking any away with 150 shot,2 degrees with 200 shot.all mills are different and take things different.so i say play safe then start tuning.:D another thing is compression.i have a 9.1 mill so i get away with 93 octane very easily and a 150-200 shot,with no or minumal timing retard.but if you have more compression than me most do,oh well i like it:D be sure and pay attention to your plugs. but i do have a friend that says no retard you lose power that way.yeah right shit head he blows up alot.lol!!!!!hope this helps and youll love it after you mash it.:D

-XTC-
10-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Thanks Quick Jet!
Boogeyman-
1st stage it runs 104 - second stage I ran out of N02 so I will keep the offical # to myself. :) but it is faster. :D
So whats it run with dart heads and a 325 shot of hose????
Travis

-XTC-
10-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Thanks CP - It does take a bit of work to take the manifold off. Thats for sure, but so far it has been worth it!! :D
Beautiful system and great plumbing, it must take the better part of a day to pull off the manifold.;)
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

BOOGEYMAN
10-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Thanks Quick Jet!
Boogeyman-
1st stage it runs 104 - second stage I ran out of N02 so I will keep the offical # to myself. :) but it is faster. :D
Damn man..... Thats a bad ass ride!
Travis

Cs19
10-01-2007, 08:46 PM
ive ended up with not taking any away with 150 shot,2 degrees with 200 shot.
wow

Squirtcha?
10-01-2007, 09:02 PM
there is no real rule for timing retard the guideline is 2 for every 50.but
moslty ive found this not true.first stay safe make pass then pull plugs read them if its to rich
start to add back timing.i done thistill i ended up back at my original point of 36 degrees full
advance.i have a digital msd 6 box with single step retard i have hooked up to my button so
when i mash it.it will take out whatever i set it to.but ive ended up with not taking any away
with 150 shot,2 degrees with 200 shot.all mills are different and take things different.so i say
play safe then start tuning.:D another thing is compression.i have a 9.1 mill so i get away with
93 octane very easily and a 150-200 shot,with no or minumal timing retard.but if you have more
compression than me most do,oh well i like it:D be sure and pay attention to your plugs. but i
do have a friend that says no retard you lose power that way.yeah right shit head he blows up
alot.lol!!!!!hope this helps and youll love it after you mash it.:D
Agreed. I'm only pulling 2 degrees with a 150 shot on pump gas to boot. Been doing it for years
and she's hanging together way longer than anybody expected it to (myself included) 6 seasons
now. Pull the plugs periodically and everything is right with the world. She's had a lot of juice
run through her.
9.5:1 compression ratio.

smokinjoe
10-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Hampton makes a realy good kit part # is 8-71 and its a snap to plumb and the manifold comes off quicker than you can say empty bottle! not to mention it looks and sounds bad ass! :D but nothing wrong with a little juice I run it on my FXRS and it runs hard but I hate it when the bottle runs out

HBjet
10-01-2007, 11:21 PM
wow
Agreed.

OverKill
10-01-2007, 11:54 PM
Dan I kinda figured something was up when I saw your NO2 bottle sitting outside the boat. Well agreed though, Wilson Manifolds makes some great stuff but doesn't know how to put a kit together. Yes for the money I paid I should of gotten a few more stickers and a bigger banner.
I don't know what temps me more, Posting pics of all the cob web of ground wires or put all the board members on high alert of that Squirt guy ?? lol :D :) J/K Dan I want to thank you and Kevin for burning up some of your time to help me out. I'm sure everthing is gonna work fine when all is set up. Have fun Saturday.
James

hotbo
10-02-2007, 05:02 AM
wow
well alot of guys say that:D but im right on for know run 8 bottles thru this year and all is well for know.oh yeah thats even on shitty ole kieth black pistons which i happen to love:jawdrop: just whatch ring gaps and push away.now as far as me being able to do this does not by any means:idea: mean another can do it.like i stated lower compression can get away with alittle more.best of luck guys.later travis:D

Squirtcha?
10-02-2007, 05:52 AM
Dan I kinda figured something was up when I saw your NO2 bottle sitting outside the boat. Well agreed though, Wilson Manifolds makes some great stuff but doesn't know how to put a kit together. Yes for the money I paid I should of gotten a few more stickers and a bigger banner.
I don't know what temps me more, Posting pics of all the cob web of ground wires or put all the board members on high alert of that Squirt guy ?? lol :D :) J/K Dan I want to thank you and Kevin for burning up some of your time to help me out. I'm sure everthing is gonna work fine when all is set up. Have fun Saturday.
James
Be careful..... Although it works, it isn't done yet.
There's still quite a bit left to do, and you might just find yourself finishing it.
I should've been home working on my own boat. I still need to finish up the cav plates.
It's gonna be tight time-wise for the weekend now.

Xerophobic
10-02-2007, 07:59 AM
Hey not too sure if the rigging photo's would help(raceboats ain't pretty), but the 250 shot sure sure helped Dale take the worlds! (said the boat did 75-100 instantly when he hit the button!) He would simple not have won if not for that 10 lb bottle. Took the 8 day, 590 mile race on the last leg and won by 5 seconds :eek:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/DSCF3065r.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/DSCF3122r.JPG
Can't wait to see ya up in the Great White North Over' We'll make sure you have some stories to take back with ya to glass boat land!
Cheers

1968Droptop
10-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover
It looks even better in person. A outstanding installation by Darin. The entire boat is incredible !!! You can look at it for hours and still find details you missed earlier. Not only does it look good, but it smokes on the water too !

Squirtcha?
10-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Hey I Hope I'm not supposed to read
between the lines with this one Dan. Am I supposed to have some
sort of guilt trip here or what? I never asked to put this project
past Sunday. Yes I am greatfull as mentioned earlier for your's and
Kevins time working on this setup. I would of been OK with sucking
it up and taking it home Sunday. I don't have a problem finishing it
myself as soon as I'm up and about. I wish I could of known you
had alot of work ahead of you on your boat in person instead of
hearing about it here on Hot Boat. Please let someone know next
time if there is gonna be a problem with helping them out before
getting pissy with the whole thing after.
James
I'm merely stating a fact. I put your project before my own. If I'm
stressing over it I apologize, I'll accept responsibility for that.
Sometimes I forget how many hours there are in a day and that
I have my own projects, a full time job, a house and family to
take care of and I get over extended.
I'm not a professional boat mechanic (obviously) and I work for
beer and peanuts. This is supposed to be friendly and fun and
I think we can agree that what we're doing right now isn't much
fun. That being said, if we're to salvage a friendship here (and
I sincerely hope that's the case) we should re-think the boat
wrenching part of the deal since it's turning out to be a sore
spot. Once again I'll accept all responsibility for that.
Bottom line is I started this and I want to finish it. I've had some
thoughts during my drive this morning on how to clean up the wiring
etc. I don't like leaving things half done so I would like to see it
through to completion and make sure it's gonna work properly
and nothing gets damaged.
I'll leave that up to you.
I'm on the road (up in the mountains) today and the cell doesn't
always work, but give me a call later. We should discuss this real time
and not wring it out any further on the boards.

squirt'nmyload
10-02-2007, 01:27 PM
i'd post pics of mine, but i've never successfully posted a pic yet...:mad:
ahhh come on bob!!! you should have the time now to figure it out :D :D
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/DSCF1801-1.jpg

bp
10-02-2007, 03:00 PM
i've tried brian... it tells me to go f myself, so i just go work on the boat...
any good clues would be appreciated. :)

Some Kind Of Monster
10-02-2007, 03:45 PM
take it Bill Bergeron and $$$$$$ pay him $$$$$$.
Ding ding ding!
:D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-02-2007, 08:05 PM
LMFAO :D :D :D :D
I knew that line would come back :D :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Ding ding ding!
:D
Smartass :D :D :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-02-2007, 08:07 PM
<-------Has a question??????????
Why didnt Phil Bergeron do it in the first place:idea: I thought they did EVERYTHING

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-02-2007, 08:07 PM
<-----Sitn in the chair rollin' on tha floor :D :D :D

Sleeper CP
10-02-2007, 08:53 PM
i've tried brian... it tells me to go f myself, so i just go work on the boat...
any good clues would be appreciated. :)
Bp,
Maybe if can teach me how to do multiple quotes in one post, I can teach you how to post a picture. The instructions are real clear for a computer idiot like me, but my wife(Computer Professor at a Community College) just showed me the easy way to do it. It's the same as the instructions,but seeing it done is a lot easier. Im sure I can walk you through it. If I had a web cam it would be easy.
Hey, maybe someone could post a 2 minute video clip on how to do it:idea:
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

squirt'nmyload
10-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Bp,
Maybe if can teach me how to do multiple quotes in one post, I can teach you how to post a picture. The instructions are real clear for a computer idiot like me, but my wife(Computer Professor at a Community College) just showed me the easy way to do it. It's the same as the instructions,but seeing it done is a lot easier. Im sure I can walk you through it. If I had a web cam it would be easy.
Hey, maybe someone could post a 2 minute video clip on how to do it:idea:
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover
for multiple quotes just hit the " instead of the word quote....when you've done the ones that you want then end with hitting quote and waalaaa..............bob, sent ya a pm :)

squirt'nmyload
10-02-2007, 09:00 PM
LMFAO
I knew that line would come back :D :D
Smartass :D :D :D
<-------Has a question??????????
Why didnt Phil Bergeron do it in the first place:idea: I thought they did EVERYTHING
<-----Sitn in the chair rollin' on tha floor :D :D :D
ya see........:D

Sleeper CP
10-02-2007, 09:30 PM
for multiple quotes just hit the " instead of the word quote....when you've done the ones that you want then end with hitting quote and waalaaa..............bob, sent ya a pm :)
ya see........:D
Now I see. Thanks
Really, thanks I owe ya a beer or two.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

Hotfish
10-03-2007, 04:29 AM
James did you get that fitting??

bp
10-03-2007, 08:35 AM
ok.... see if i can follow brian's directions...
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc266/havabp/PA010017.jpg
hmmmm.
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc266/havabp/PA010015.jpg
woo hooooo

Sleeper CP
10-03-2007, 08:57 AM
woo hooooo
There ya go :) Old dogs can learn new tricks;) Brian's instructions must have been written clearly.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

hotbo
10-03-2007, 09:15 AM
ya know whats funny is there is alot of different plate setups out there:idea: and they all think one is better than the other.:jawdrop: why.hell a spray bar is a spray bar no matter that the hell ya put thru it:confused: the soleniods are soleniods.most of the time the name brand companys dont even make there own shit just put stickers on it.:jawdrop:
so here is my question ive got nx stuff, imo its better no exposed spray bar which may or may not be better.imo the best plate would be zex closest to a fogger as you can get.
so what do you boys think is the best plate and for what reasons.other than one setup has more hp setting than the other.
example,nos, nx express,nitrious works barry grant shit:) ,wilson manifolds,ect.hopefully you guys get the picture.
so tell what you think?????????????????????

Squirtcha?
10-03-2007, 09:56 AM
ya know whats funny is there is alot of different plate setups
out there:idea: and they all think one is better than the other.:jawdrop: why.hell a
spray bar is a spray bar no matter that the hell ya put thru it:confused: the soleniods
are soleniods.most of the time the name brand companys dont even make there own
shit just put stickers on it.:jawdrop:
so here is my question ive got nx stuff, imo its better no exposed spray bar which may
or may not be better.imo the best plate would be zex closest to a fogger as you can get.
so what do you boys think is the best plate and for what reasons.other than one setup
has more hp setting than the other.
example,nos, nx express,nitrious works barry grant shit:) ,wilson manifolds,ect.
hopefully you guys get the picture.
so tell what you think?????????????????????
This whole deal is right on as far as I can tell. I've seen a number of plates and with
a few exceptions, they all look pretty much the same. Definitely true of solenoids,
relays and the rest of the kit.
Wilson puts little burst plugs in their plates, which in my mind are unneccessary unless
you really F something up during the installation or tuning. Other than that they look like
everyone else's. Not worth the price of three of all the other kits out there for sure.
Their kit came with a purge solenoid (again unnecessary in my mind, at least for a boat app),
but there was no button so you could actually use the thing. They also failed to include an
arming switch. $1300 and they couldn't throw in a couple $3.00 switches. I was amazed.
I'm almost positive that when Overkill called Wilson, he asked them if everything was included
to install the system and make it work.
bp you dah man. The picture posting man. Ya ol dog.

HBjet
10-03-2007, 11:25 AM
imo the best plate would be zex closest to a fogger as you can get.
I agree, and love the design... seems to work great for me!

hotbo
10-03-2007, 12:54 PM
This whole deal is right on as far as I can tell. I've seen a number of plates and with
a few exceptions, they all look pretty much the same. Definitely true of solenoids,
relays and the rest of the kit.
Wilson puts little burst plugs in their plates, which in my mind are unneccessary unless
you really F something up during the installation or tuning. Other than that they look like
everyone else's. Not worth the price of three of all the other kits out there for sure.
Their kit came with a purge solenoid (again unnecessary in my mind, at least for a boat app),
but there was no button so you could actually use the thing. They also failed to include an
arming switch. $1300 and they couldn't throw in a couple $3.00 switches. I was amazed.
I'm almost positive that when Overkill called Wilson, he asked them if everything was included
to install the system and make it work.
bp you dah man. The picture posting man. Ya ol dog.
wtf:jawdrop: 1300 bucks,lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!my god i could have bought 4 nx kits that came with everything that adjust up to 200shot pr upgrade to the 300 plate and bought 3 kits.
they must know something i dont:idea: will someone give some insight on why they are so high and i want no b.s about soleniods being better they only open and close;)

hotbo
10-03-2007, 12:56 PM
I agree, and love the design... seems to work great for me!
imo the zex is the shit as far as plates.its a perimiter setup,watch my spelling it sucks:) anyway imo you will get alittle more bang for the buck b/c it does up to a certain point fog the nos and fuel better.glad you like it one day ill get a zex setup or probably just go fogger anyway.

OverKill
10-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Hands down I was the guy to test out Wilson Manifolds product. Was it worth $1300 no way. Now I haven't run it yet so I wouldn't really no that. There customer service sucks the big one. They don't have all of the parts needed to complete the system. Even asking them to make sure I have everything I need to complete the kit, it all came up short of being a top of line No2 system.
On a scale from 1 to 10 with Wilson Manifolds, if give it a (3). They are back in Florida and I don't think they will be doing any good here in Arizona. I will keep eveyone posted with some numbers after all is done.
OverKill

OverKill
10-03-2007, 01:39 PM
James did you get that fitting??
I just picked up a -6 to -4 step down for Brian Bergeron. I still need another -4 female fitting after I shorten the No2 feed line. I will be Writting Wilson Manifolds about there piss poor set ups and to reevaluate there Completion Kit.
OverKill

bp
10-03-2007, 02:58 PM
This whole deal is right on as far as I can tell. I've seen a number of plates and with a few exceptions, they all look pretty much the same. Definitely true of solenoids, relays and the rest of the kit...
i wouldn't disagree, since i haven't spent a great deal of time looking at other people's n2 installations. what i'll say is that i'm very pleased with what we received from w/m, and how it all fit together.
Wilson puts little burst plugs in their plates, which in my mind are unneccessary unless you really F something up during the installation or tuning. Other than that they look like everyone else's. Not worth the price of three of all the other kits out there for sure..
dan, please take a look at the pic above, and let me know where these burst plugs are, because mine don't have 'em. like you mentioned, i'm old and feeble so maybe you can help me out here. we did install a self sealing burst device, that's pretty clear in the pic, which is also a w/m product.
Their kit came with a purge solenoid (again unnecessary in my mind, at least for a boat app), but there was no button so you could actually use the thing. They also failed to include an
arming switch. $1300 and they couldn't throw in a couple $3.00 switches. I was amazed..
that's your opinion regarding the purge solonoid, and for your lake/river stuff where you're just running by yourself, it's probably not a big deal to have a bog before the n2 kicks. for me, that's unnacceptable.
I'm almost positive that when Overkill called Wilson, he asked them if everything was included to install the system and make it work. .
Hands down I was the guy to test out Wilson Manifolds product. Was it worth $1300 no way. Now I haven't run it yet so I wouldn't really no that. There customer service sucks the big one. They don't have all of the parts needed to complete the system. Even asking them to make sure I have everything I need to complete the kit, it all came up short of being a top of line No2 system.
On a scale from 1 to 10 with Wilson Manifolds, if give it a (3). They are back in Florida and I don't think they will be doing any good here in Arizona. I will keep eveyone posted with some numbers after all is done.
OverKill
you know, the n2 products are a sideline for w/m, certainly nowhere close to their primary business. and, i really don't understand what you paid 1300 for? my system didn't cost near that much, but we had several modifications to make due to my setup. i live in arizona, am very satisfied with w/m products, and on a scale from 1 to 10, would give them a 10. which is not to say the other systems aren't as good, just my preference.

squirt'nmyload
10-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Now I see. Thanks
Really, thanks I owe ya a beer or two.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc266/havabp/PA010017.jpg
hmmmm.
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc266/havabp/PA010015.jpg
woo hooooo
people helping people :D :D

bp
10-03-2007, 03:05 PM
i just gotta put one more up there, courtesy of jeff (bottle fed) just to see if it still works:D
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc266/havabp/DSC_3451e.jpg
ohyahhh... way too cool..

squirt'nmyload
10-03-2007, 03:10 PM
that's your opinion regarding the purge solonoid, and for your lake/river stuff where you're just running by yourself, it's probably not a big deal to have a bog before the n2 kicks. for me, that's unnacceptable.
1 step is to remember to purge it!! :D :D

squirt'nmyload
10-03-2007, 03:11 PM
i just gotta put one more up there, courtesy of jeff (bottle fed) just to see if it still works:D
i've been wanting to see that one....LMAO!!!!

pw_Tony
10-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Is he flipping the bird to the hydro? :D

Squirtcha?
10-03-2007, 03:39 PM
i wouldn't disagree, since i haven't spent a great deal of time looking
at other people's n2 installations. what i'll say is that i'm very pleased with what we received
from w/m, and how it all fit together.
That's cool.
dan, please take a look at the pic above, and let me know where these
burst plugs are, because mine don't have 'em. like you mentioned, i'm old and feeble so maybe
you can help me out here. we did install a self sealing burst device, that's pretty clear
in the pic, which is also a w/m product.
Your plates look nothing like the one in Overkill's kit. I don't have a photo so I'll try to describe.
The plate is 2" thick and almost resembles one of their carb spacers with spray bars. There are
three dime sized aluminum buttons lined up front to rear on either side of the plate. Presumably
they'll blow out if you get a back fire. Not a terrible idea, but not enough to justify the cost
(at least in my mind)
that's your opinion regarding the purge solonoid, and for your lake/river
stuff where you're just running by yourself.
Exactly right. My opinion (for what that's worth). The way I use my system (no racing or time
clocks) and I'm pretty sure that Overkill isn't looking to get into organized racing either (at least
it hasn't been discussed). If mine has a bog or hesitation it's not a factor in the way I use my
boat/system.
I could see where a racer would want one though.
you know, the n2 products are a sideline for w/m, certainly nowhere close to
their primary business. and, i really don't understand what you paid 1300 for? my system didn't
cost near that much, but we had several modifications to make due to my setup. i live in arizona,
am very satisfied with w/m products, and on a scale from 1 to 10, would give them a 10. which
is not to say the other systems aren't as good, just my preference.
I can only go by what Overkill has told me regarding cost. This is what I was told. We've also had
to purchase a number of little knit noid items to make it a usable system.
I'll see if I can find a photo of his system and update this later.
Ahhhh here we go.
This looks like the kit. Single stage single plate system with burst panels and purge 50-250 hp.
P/N 309446 Price tag..........$906.65 before tax and shipping.
http://www.wilsonmanifolds.com/shop/contents/media/309446.jpg
Here's a better shot of the plate. If you buy just a plate it's $265.00 I think I paid $70 for mine
when I went to the TR and two carbs. I don't know man..........it looks kinda gimicky to me.
http://www.wilsonmanifolds.com/shop/contents/media/302026.jpg
Let me run this by you Bob and maybe you can understand our frustration a little better.
The bottle has a -4 an fitting on it right? The line is a -4 an. The nitrous solenoid came
with a 1/4" Npt to -6 an adapter on it.
Ya think no big deal right. Just go down to the local hotrod shop and buy a 1/4" Npt to
-4 an fitting right? But why should you have to go anywhere and buy anything. This is supposed
to be a complete kit.
I realize that they can't/won't make provisions for every application, but this fitting deal was a pain
and should've been a non-issue. He had picked up every fitting, hose, wire, a regulator gauges and
everything else we figured we'd need, then this thing popped up and we were stuck.
Not only that but the -6 an adapter was so tight on the solenoid that two of us couldn't
break it loose without destroying something. When called, Wilson claimed that people were
requesting a -6 an fitting on the nitrous solenoid so they changed it around. Why would
anybody need a -6 nitrous feed line on a 250 hp kit? The line is a -4 and the bottle is -4
so it aint gonna fit without an adapter which of course didn't come in the kit.
So for some strange reason you feel you need a -6 an feed line. Where would you find
a factory crimped -6 line and even if you could you'd still have to change the fitting on
the bottle too.
So no matter what........ you're out running around trying to find adapters to make the
ends mesh up.
It just didn't make any sense to me.

HBjet
10-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Maybe he had "Early AM Saturday Delivery" as the ship method, so it drove the cost up that high?:confused:

OverKill
10-03-2007, 04:58 PM
Well agreed Dan, the kit is in fact not a kit at all. I wonder if anyone here on the boards would know WHY WILSON MANIFOLDS does business with imcomplete kits. I mean how much does (wire, switches, and what ever else I forgot cost)? IMO I don't think Wilson Manifolds is gonna do very well here in Arizona.
However we must move forward and make this thing work. Im sure when it's all cleaned up and working right, I will be a happy man.

hotbo
10-03-2007, 05:13 PM
well i bet you will i wish you the best.keep us posted:D

hotbo
10-03-2007, 05:16 PM
well as far as purging goes this is what i aways do
turn bottle on flip switch hit button and throttle a couple of times before i line up and im good never ever had a bog or delay.
but im just playin not real clock racin:D kinda takes the fun and money outta of the pocket when you get fo-real:idea:

bp
10-04-2007, 10:00 AM
dan, we specifically did not order the plates with the burst buttons, and added the burst to the intake manifold. my bottle came with a supply hose that was 6 on both ends, primarily designed for a car so i had it shortened.
however, my bottle does have a second attachment on the regulator (not the pressure relief). i'll try and get a pic of it later; can't do it now as i need to run to the lake. suffice to say, my entire 2plate system didn't cost what you are quoting.
neither i, nor you, have any idea what overkill ordered, or how he selected the components for his system. it seems to me that a box of "stuff" was brought to your house, expecting everything (that is primarily designed for a car) to be "bolt on", and it wasn't. if they didn't send what was ordered, why don't you all send it back and get what you wanted in the first place?
w/m is the best in the industry at what they do, which is why half the nhra prostock cars you see on tv have w/m stickers on their fenders.
hotbo, good luck to ya with that. i've seen too many n2 blowups to take this stuff lightly. i raced (fairly successfully) for 5 years before ever installing a system. hitting the button, then revving it up a couple times is asking for it.
brian, i've had practice since the opener, so we're solid..:devil:

hotbo
10-04-2007, 10:24 AM
dan, we specifically did not order the plates with the burst buttons, and added the burst to the intake manifold. my bottle came with a supply hose that was 6 on both ends, primarily designed for a car so i had it shortened.
however, my bottle does have a second attachment on the regulator (not the pressure relief). i'll try and get a pic of it later; can't do it now as i need to run to the lake. suffice to say, my entire 2plate system didn't cost what you are quoting.
neither i, nor you, have any idea what overkill ordered, or how he selected the components for his system. it seems to me that a box of "stuff" was brought to your house, expecting everything (that is primarily designed for a car) to be "bolt on", and it wasn't. if they didn't send what was ordered, why don't you all send it back and get what you wanted in the first place?
w/m is the best in the industry at what they do, which is why half the nhra prostock cars you see on tv have w/m stickers on their fenders.
hotbo, good luck to ya with that. i've seen too many n2 blowups to take this stuff lightly. i raced (fairly successfully) for 5 years before ever installing a system. hitting the button, then revving it up a couple times is asking for it.
brian, i've had practice since the opener, so we're solid..:devil:
well thanks for the luck bp:D
i dont hit the button and then rev up;) i rev up- like im taking off then mash it for 1/2 second ,2 or 3 times.really hasnt affected much,but anyway if a feller feels like purging is what ya need i say purge away.we have one on our pro street truck and all that thing seems to do is look pretty when using it and waste my nos.but i do use it b/c its there and its just one of those deals in my head thinking i have to.so regardless im sure your fine with it and with out it.later travis:D

slowasscp
10-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Well if you dont like the price you should check out the Speed tech stuff. I have W/M dual shot plate havent used it yet but from what i have heard it comes really fat on the tune ups and when i checked it on my No2 wizzard it is a fat tune-up if i had to do it again i would buy the Speed tech stuff. And the other reason that the W/M stuff is price so high is that its all flowed.

Squirtcha?
10-04-2007, 01:21 PM
neither i, nor you, have any idea what overkill ordered,
or how he selected the components for his system. it
seems to me that a box of "stuff" was brought to your
house, expecting everything (that is primarily designed
for a car) to be "bolt on", and it wasn't. if they didn't
send what was ordered, why don't you all send it back
and get what you wanted in the first place?
While it's true I didn't scrutinize the order form, I saw
what was sent. As for sending it back.........that's not my
call. If James ends up happy then that's great.
Although my bitching might sound that way, quite the
contrary on me expecting every little bit and piece to be
included. This wasn't my first rodeo so I knew better. I
went into it knowing full well the kit wasn't designed for
a boat and we would need to change things up a bit. We
weren't at it for more than 10 minutes when we realized
the solenoids would have to be inverted to clear the carb
linkage. That kind of stuff is typical and was expected.
In fact I'll go so far to say that this all would be a non-issue
had they sent out a -6 feed line and -06 bottle fitting. At
least everything would fit then.
We did plan for just about every contingency with the
exception of the -6 fitting on the solenoid. We also didn't
figure on that fitting being so tight that it might as well have
been welded on. That kinda stuff is difficult to foresee.
I think we did pretty damned well considering the boat was
60 miles away from me when he called me and asked what was
needed.
I'll say this though.........I'm used to having the boat sitting in
front of me, and being able to lay out all the pieces/parts and
plan for days if need be. Since James lives so far away it was
a luxury we didn't have.
w/m is the best in the industry at what they do, which is why
half the nhra prostock cars you see on tv have w/m stickers on
their fenders.
You hold them in high regard and that's cool. Me.... not so much.
At least for this particular deal.
Anywho I'm done.

OverKill
10-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Dan I just received the -4 fitting from Wilson. However it won't do any good now that we know the damn thing is so tight it could very well break while trying to take it off. I already have the -6 to -4 step down to make it alot easier.
OverKill

Hotfish
10-04-2007, 04:23 PM
James, what was there reason for sending a -6 fitting with a -4 line?

OverKill
10-04-2007, 05:49 PM
James, what was there reason for sending a -6 fitting with a -4 line?
I was told by Wilson Manifolds (Terry) it put on there because most people were requesting that fitting in the solinoid. I feel they screwed up and and thats the best they can come up with. At least they could of given me the option over the phone.
Bottom line. Good product, piss poor service. They just really need to re think there completion kit, because it doesn't complete anything.
OverKill

bp
10-04-2007, 07:00 PM
You hold them in high regard and that's cool. Me.... not so much.
At least for this particular deal.
Anywho I'm done.
i do, and you have no reason not to as you have not dealt with them in any way shape or form.
yeah dan, the bitching does kinda sound that way.. first, i see you slamming the idea of spending money with a professional to put together a system, then if you get a box of stuff that's not perfectly ready to bolt on, it's bitch about the manufacturer. since your done, i'll stop. w/m is pretty well known to professionals in the world of hi performance, and their track record is pretty well established.
well as far as purging goes this is what i aways do
turn bottle on flip switch hit button and throttle a couple of times before i line up and im good never ever had a bog or delay..
hotbo, that's what you said; hit button, hit throttle a couple times, then good to go. and if that's what you do, good for ya, and if not, also good. it's dumass statements like this that people like overkill, who's obviously never run n2 before, read, then go out and blow their shiat up thinking that's the right way to run n2, and obviously, IT'S NOT! like i mentioned, i've seen several n2 explosions and fire, and it would be good not to set up a newby to do exactly that.

bp
10-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Is he flipping the bird to the hydro? :D
didn't mean to ignore ya. ummm, yeah, my hand slipped just past the finish line;) he has an 11x14 on his wall, and i have one on mine:)

Squirtcha?
10-04-2007, 07:23 PM
i do, and you have no reason not to as you have not dealt with them in any way shape or form.
yeah dan, the bitching does kinda sound that way.. first, i see you slamming the idea of spending money with a professional to put together a system, then if you get a box of stuff that's not perfectly ready to bolt on, it's bitch about the manufacturer. since your done, i'll stop. w/m is pretty well known to professionals in the world of hi performance, and their track record is pretty well established.
You win. I'm wrong.

OverKill
10-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Dan don't throw in the towel that early. We haven't checked out my system yet.

PC Rat
10-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Darin
Darin,
Your boat is looking awesome!
Send me a PM if you guys are going out soon.

cave
10-05-2007, 04:17 AM
Would it be easier to run Alcohol? :D A little for boat a little for the driver:D Just trying to lighten up fellas.
Overkill will you be ready tonight or Saturday? Either way I hope to see guys out at Bartlett.

hotbo
10-05-2007, 05:02 AM
hotbo, that's what you said; hit button, hit throttle a couple times, then good to go. and if that's what you do, good for ya, and if not, also good. it's dumass statements like this that people like overkill, who's obviously never run n2 before, read, then go out and blow their shiat up thinking that's the right way to run n2, and obviously, IT'S NOT! like i mentioned, i've seen several n2 explosions and fire, and it would be good not to set up a newby to do exactly that.
well bp pardon me for the ****in dumbass statement.i thought i corrected it in my last section.well apaprently b/c you have raced for years you know everything about everything and im just a dumbass.:idea: well thats not true and i have done it both ways peeps blow there shit up b/c they dont know what the hell they are doing.my god 150 shot wow thats not much there to be worried about.know if it was 250 plus sure might want to be careful.
once again im going to apologize for stepping on your toes or anyones in this thread.i wish you the best of luck with your kit and i hope you get the best advice possible.later trav:D

-XTC-
10-05-2007, 05:54 AM
Thanks Brian!. Going out soon? Jeez its been Raining now for 10 days straight I swear! :mad: -- You gonna get out and run yours anytime soon?
Darin,
Your boat is looking awesome!
Send me a PM if you guys are going out soon.

bp
10-05-2007, 10:59 AM
well bp pardon me for the ****in dumbass statement.i thought i corrected it in my last section.well apaprently b/c you have raced for years you know everything about everything and im just a dumbass.:idea:
i didn't call you a dumass. i said that was a dumass statement, not something someone with experience should suggest to someone with little or no experience.
well thats not true and i have done it both ways peeps blow there shit up b/c they dont know what the hell they are doing..
maybe, just maybe, that's why he was in here asking questions.
my god 150 shot wow thats not much there to be worried about know if it was 250 plus sure might want to be careful.
good to know it's not possible to blow stuff up with 150 shots. i'll be sure to let all the people i know that have done just that that it's not possible.
once again im going to apologize for stepping on your toes or anyones in this thread.i wish you the best of luck with your kit and i hope you get the best advice possible.later trav:D
there's never any need to apologize to anyone for anything. however, sometimes it's beneficial to read questions a little closer, so that the responses are a little more reflective of experience. while the nex system may be the best on the market, it doesn't really help with overkill and squirtcha's issues.
dan, there is no right or wrong, it just is what it is. this whole thread has had a pissiness factor to it, but if you agreed to help....
just as an analogy, 6 years ago we had to send 3 intake manifolds back to the manufacturer (NOT w/m) before we got one that was correct to spec, that would work on my engine. that company did, and still does massive amounts of hi performance work in the industry, is very well known and highly regarded. this kind of stuff is just not all that uncommon. i know you can get this done correctly, but if something needs to go back, it should go back.

Sleeper CP
10-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Just sounds that for $ 1,000+ bucks that kit should have been more complete. Makes you wonder did they forget to make the kit complete? Or are they all like that?
Sleeper Cp
Big Inch Ford Lover

Sangster
10-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Another thing about NOS... Most systems HP ratings are done on "SBC" motors, so if your installing NOS on a "BBC" the HP rating will be lower than stated......:) :) :)

Longstr
10-05-2007, 11:46 AM
good to know it's not possible to blow stuff up with 150 shots. i'll be sure to let all the people i know that have done just that that it's not possible.
Seriously Man... if it is wired, and set up correctly, I would say it has to be nearly impossible to pop a motor with a 150 shot TOO.... unless you are throwing it to little jap motors...
As long as you got enough fuel to it should never have a problem with 150 ....:)

hotbo
10-05-2007, 01:41 PM
i didn't call you a dumass. i said that was a dumass statement, not something someone with experience should suggest to someone with little or no experience.
maybe, just maybe, that's why he was in here asking questions.
there's never any need to apologize to anyone for anything. however, sometimes it's beneficial to read questions a little closer, so that the responses are a little more reflective of experience. while the nex system may be the best on the market, it doesn't really help with overkill and squirtcha's issues.
dan, there is no right or wrong, it just is what it is. this whole thread has had a pissiness factor to it, but if you agreed to help....
just as an analogy, 6 years ago we had to send 3 intake manifolds back to the manufacturer (NOT w/m) before we got one that was correct to spec, that would work on my engine. that company did, and still does massive amounts of hi performance work in the industry, is very well known and highly regarded. this kind of stuff is just not all that uncommon. i know you can get this done correctly, but if something needs to go back, it should go back.
well bp i do feel the need to apologize b/c my statement was misleading so i tried to fix it and you called it and me in my eyes a dumbass:D which is okay to do its better to speak the truth than b.s.:D
okay there is no vodoo to nos its pretty simple and peeps are scared or have legend myths b/c of false shit or they are ignorant which is not stupid ignorant means they didnt know any better thats all hell im ignorant thats why i learn stuff everyday peeps that know it all the stupid dumbass's:idea:
but anyway wilson manifolds need to get there shit togehter regardless and as far as tuneups never had a damn problem with nx express shit there on the money imo with the kits they sell and the jets they tell you to run if you follow instructions its dead on:eek: no if ands or buts no chasing your tail changing jets.:D
once again what works for 1 feller will not always work for you.:D
and bp i dont know you and you dont know me but i dont back down so i hope you understand were i come from and i understand you as well.racer been around for a few years and give good advice thats all im doing so good luck felles later travis:D

hotbo
10-05-2007, 01:44 PM
and another damn thing as far as pissing in or on this thread i havent done that till someone tell s me my statement was horseshit:argue: my god im trying to help to.but it seems im a idoit so piss on it:mad:

IMPATIENT 1
10-06-2007, 06:00 AM
and another damn thing as far as pissing in or on this thread i havent done that till someone tell s me my statement was horseshit:argue: my god im trying to help to.but it seems im a idoit so piss on it:mad:
glad you finally figured that out,lol:D your nothing:D

IMPATIENT 1
10-06-2007, 06:03 AM
Seriously Man... if it is wired, and set up correctly, I would say it has to be nearly impossible to pop a motor with a 150 shot TOO.... unless you are throwing it to little jap motors...
As long as you got enough fuel to it should never have a problem with 150 ....:)
i totally agree if we're talking big blocks here. 150hp shot on a small block is a ton;) if guys are blowing up big blocks with a 150hp shot, their tune-up is wrong, their fuel pressure supply to the nitrous isn't right, but its not the nitrous blowing shiat up, its operator error. i ran my cast piston'd bbf sj for 2yrs on a 200hp shot, and when i rebuilt it, pistons looks great, wrist pins were still all tight, bearings looked new. of course it was a bbf though:D :devil:

76miller
10-06-2007, 03:12 PM
i totally agree if we're talking big blocks here. 150hp shot on a small block is a ton;) if guys are blowing up big blocks with a 150hp shot, their tune-up is wrong, their fuel pressure supply to the nitrous isn't right, but its not the nitrous blowing shiat up, its operator error. i ran my cast piston'd bbf sj for 2yrs on a 200hp shot, and when i rebuilt it, pistons looks great, wrist pins were still all tight, bearings looked new. of course it was a bbf though:D :devil:
NICE! What setup were you running at the time(NOS,NX,Zex)? Fuel pressure set at ? timing pulled ? One step colder plug ? If you remember, thanks.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Wow, this really turned into a pissing match :D :D
carry on......

IMPATIENT 1
10-06-2007, 06:21 PM
NICE! What setup were you running at the time(NOS,NX,Zex)? Fuel pressure set at ? timing pulled ? One step colder plug ? If you remember, thanks.
can't remember plug p# but its was a ngk, that's all i run;) carb pressure set to maintain at least 7psi at wot, fuel pressure safety switch was dialed in the shut off nitrous if pressure got below 6. with good fuel i'd run 32 degrees total, it was a low compression motor so i prob would've been fine runnin super unleaded.
i'm sprayin big:devil: this next season, i'm done with the smaller nitrous kits;)

bp
10-08-2007, 11:21 AM
i agree - i'm not talking about blowing the bottom end away. just carbs, intake manifold, fires, etc., all that minor stuff.
operator error is an interesting term. it's not necessarily operator error if the operator is following the steps in the order he/she "thought" they had heard or read, or if the instructions weren't in the correct order, without really educating themselves in what it is and how it works.
hotbo, the pissiness factor comment had nothing to do with you.

IMPATIENT 1
10-08-2007, 12:15 PM
i agree - i'm not talking about blowing the bottom end away. just carbs, intake manifold, fires, etc., all that minor stuff.
operator error is an interesting term. it's not necessarily operator error if the operator is following the steps in the order he/she "thought" they had heard or read, or if the instructions weren't in the correct order, without really educating themselves in what it is and how it works.
hotbo, the pissiness factor comment had nothing to do with you.
i'm with ya on that, to many backyard mechanics just slap some nitrous on stuff and hope for the best.those guys give nitrous the bad name. i guess any system can go bad, but it takes the operator to watch for the signs of trouble or have a system in place to detect a prob.

Cs19
10-08-2007, 11:18 PM
but anyway wilson manifolds need to get there shit togehter regardless and as far as tuneups never had a damn problem with nx express shit there on the money imo with the kits they sell and the jets they tell you to run if you follow instructions its dead on:eek: no if ands or buts no chasing your tail changing jets.:D
Aernt you the guy that retards 2 degress on a 200 shot with an NX plate? Is that what NX recommended for your tune up?
Are you implying wilsons recommended tuneups are off?

OverKill
10-08-2007, 11:36 PM
CS19
Squirtcha? and I were looking at the Wilson Manifolds Pro Flow chart and we agree the timing retard is a bit much. Even for a 50 shot. I think that could be a little overkill for safety of the motor. Whats your take?

slowasscp
10-09-2007, 09:39 AM
When i talked to Dave Kholer of Kholer injection the guy behind the nitrous wizzard and i gave him the tune up for the shot that i want to run he told me that i would be lucky if it made it down the track. He said that the tune up was really fat he told me that they do that because they dont KNOW if the guy that has the kit is able to start off with a safe tune up. If you want to talk to a guy that is really good call John with Product Engineering that guy has some really fast cars back east running a bunch of hp no2.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Aernt you the guy that retards 2 degress on a 200 shot with an NX plate? Is that what NX recommended for your tune up?
Are you implying wilsons recommended tuneups are off?
I thought you were supposed to advance it to 38 degrees :D :D :D :D