PDA

View Full Version : Campbell 21' Twin Turbo

InKahntrol
09-30-2007, 09:21 AM
Hey All,
Due to some personal reasons, I've decided to sell my pride-and-joy. The boat is a 1971 Campbell 20 (technically 21') that just underwent a complete stem-to-stern rebuild. This boat is literally BRAND NEW. It was recently featured in the July 2007 issue of Hot Boat Magazine.
Here's the details: Hull was stripped bare, reinforced, flipped upside down, blueprinted bottom, low-friction coating on bottom, new high-performance strut, all new full-length stainless steel plates. After bottom was finished, the mechanical work started. Champion v-drive is totally rebuilt, new 29% gears, new prop shaft, new steering, all hardware is brand new. TH400 trans w/ reverse shift pattern and manual valve body by A1 Racing Trans.
The engine is a balanced and blueprinted 496. High-nickel block, Lunati Custom Shop did the internals: forged knife-edged crank, forged I-beam rods forged 8.4:1 pistons. All ARP fasteners throughout. Blueprinted oilpump, ported and polished Holley square-port heads by Slover Porting Service, inconnel xtreme duty valves, Engle TCS-7 cam. PFM Twim Turbos and intercoolers, all rebuilt by Innovative Turbo in Simi Valley, CA. Aviad oil pan, Dan Olsen oil cooler. MSD billet distributor, MSD 6AL Marine box, dual batteries.
The engine is all new, over $20k in hardware alone, dyno tuned by JGM. On the dyno with the wastegates set to 6 lbs boost it makes 670hp all day long on pump or av gas. If you want to get serious the wasegates can be turned up to 14 lbs and it makes 930hp on race gas, but I've never felt the need. Here's the deal: the engine is quiet, totally turn-key reliable, starts on the first tap of the starter. The turbos mean its very docile while you're cruising, and when you stab the throttle the boat Hauls, but is very stable and handles like a sports car.
Cosmetic detals: New flawless gelcoat by Fiberglass Reformations in LHC. All new interior by Upholstery Specialties, including fully finished and carpeted matress under bunk, removable side panels, and snap in-carpet that snaps onto diamond plate floors. Gauges are all new Stewart Warner finished in Rex billet bezels. New swim step, new stainless exhaust, new everything. I have paperwork and receipts for everything.
Trailer was fully rebuilt, new brakes, new bearings, new wheels and tires, boxed rails, new bunks covered in marine grade padded carpet, tows like a dream.
Bottom Line: If you've ever wanted a Campbell, the Cadillac of custom daycruisers, this is arguably the nicest 20 Campbell in the world. Totally turn-key, perfect in every way, 75mph all day long, and it gets A LOT of attention. Took over 3 years of blood sweat and tears to get it this nice, and it breaks my heart to sell, but my loss is your gain.
New Lowered Price:
$22k obo
Dan
(818) 300-8052
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/inkahntrol/CampbellDone.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/inkahntrol/_MG_1597.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/inkahntrol/exterior.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/inkahntrol/Engine.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/inkahntrol/EngineDyno.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/inkahntrol/interior.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/inkahntrol/_MG_1619.jpg

riverbound
09-30-2007, 09:24 AM
That sucks :(
good luck selling it, that is a beautiful boat.

Riverat84
09-30-2007, 09:47 AM
OH MY GOD i want this boat!...i would dump my jet so fast for this thing...i have to find a way to get this thing.
Reid

Mike67rs
09-30-2007, 09:51 AM
If that was my boat, you'd have to pry if from my cold stiff hands. Nice boat! Good luck with the sale.

phebus
09-30-2007, 11:01 AM
WOW, I can't believe you have to sell that after all the hard work. What a nice thought out boat, with everything done right. Good luck.

InKahntrol
09-30-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks you guys. I love the boat, it literally is one of the best handling v-drives I've ever driven.
Hey Phebus - how's your back doing?

RitcheyRch
09-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Beautful boat and good luck with the sale.

bruddah
09-30-2007, 05:58 PM
beautiful boat... i would love to take if off your hands, howver the the budget is not quite that high!!! give me a little and i might be able to pull it tho!

CampbellCarl
09-30-2007, 07:25 PM
I had the pleasure of spending some time in this boat two weeks ago during the Campbell Regatta (sadly, the steering in mine had shit-the-bed) and can attest to everything that Danny claims. This boat rides 'right', carries the nose 'right', feels 'right'. Fit and finish are flawless (although I don't remember any cupholders!) If you are considering the move to Campbell, this would be the right choice, right boat, right price, right now!
CC

Riverat84
09-30-2007, 07:26 PM
beautiful boat... i would love to take if off your hands, howver the the budget is not quite that high!!! give me a little and i might be able to pull it tho!
shit thats what im thinking about...i'd sell my truck if i had to just to get this thing...:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

phebus
09-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Thanks you guys. I love the boat, it literally is one of the best handling v-drives I've ever driven.
Hey Phebus - how's your back doing?
Back will never be right, but my smile is as big as it ever was, and life is great.
Without a doubt your boat is the nicest Campbell I have ever seen, and as nice a v drive as there is out there.

CampbellCarl
10-01-2007, 07:06 AM
TTT 4 Dan

phebus
10-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Bump for an awesome boat. :D

InKahntrol
10-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks guys :)

InKahntrol
10-04-2007, 09:16 PM
bttt

victorfb
10-04-2007, 09:31 PM
even though it doesnt need it yet, ive got to bump this boat. damn thats a nice boat. and a steal at that price. :D

phebus
10-06-2007, 06:56 AM
Back to the top. :)

InKahntrol
10-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Bump...

G $
10-08-2007, 01:16 AM
Dan,
Really like the boat. In the market for a cruiser but I'm a little shy of what your asking. How much are you willing to sacrifice?

phebus
10-08-2007, 08:14 AM
Boats a steal at what he's asking. Good luck.:)

InKahntrol
10-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Hi G$,
Just started advertising it, and to be honest I've got more than the asking price just in the running gear. This is truly a turn-key, ready to run, perfect muscle boat.
Dan

phebus
10-08-2007, 08:01 PM
ttt :D

Schiada Time
10-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Dan- I can't believe you are letting her go. Why couldn't you have decided to sell a year and a half ago when I started restoring the Schiada? Good luck with the sale.
travis

ssmike
10-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Bummer about the sale, I've always loved this boat....

G $
10-09-2007, 12:15 AM
Hi G$,
Just started advertising it, and to be honest I've got more than the asking price just in the running gear. This is truly a turn-key, ready to run, perfect muscle boat.
Dan
Your boats really clean but me and my boys got no experience tuning motors with a turbo setup. What made you decide to go that route instead of carbs?

WishIknew
10-09-2007, 05:31 AM
Your boats really clean but me and my boys got no experience tuning motors with a turbo setup. What made you decide to go that route instead of carbs?
NO CARBS????????Mite not run to well without these:eek: :) :)

InKahntrol
10-09-2007, 08:09 AM
G$ - Actually, I had no prior experience running turbos either. I went that way because I wanted a lot of reliable, quiet power. This system was actually already on a different Campbell, so all I had to do was get everything overhauled and go. The dyno shop did a little tuning, but I don't have to touch it now. Just turn the key and go.
When you're cruising and not in boost (below about 2,500 rpm, most of the time when you're cruising the lake) it's just a low compression big-inch motor purring along. When it's making boost it still runs smooth as silk, but with more power. So, unlike a high-compression engine, which would be really loud and wears down parts quicker, this thing will run forever and is very quiet. It's pretty much the perfect combo if you want a turn-key boat that goes fast but don't want something loud that will make the cops hassle you. No tuning necessary.
Trav - Ya, it's kind of a bummer that it has to go, but family comes first, ya know? I have no doubt that we'll get another boat soon, hopefully in the next year or so.

InKahntrol
10-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Bump. There might be a tiny bit of wiggle room in the price if someone's interested...

blackcloud75
10-14-2007, 11:20 AM
Seen this boat up close....................Phukking Gorgeous!!!!!!!!
If I had to get rid of my 24.....I would scoop this up!!!!
Dan....It was nice meeting you awhile a back
Cory
A guy here at work is interested email pics to blackcloud75@yahoo.com

Kona20
10-15-2007, 05:45 AM
Come on who's gettin the old girl? She a beauty!!!! If hadn't just bought a Donzi 22 Classic week before last for the same price I would be ALL OVER this one.
Tt

InKahntrol
10-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks guys. There's a solid month of good boating weather left, someone needs to get this thing and fly her up the river. On the narrows up to Topac it'll run 60mph at 4,000rpm all day long, purring like a kitten.
Dan

ThongMagnet
10-22-2007, 12:35 PM
The motor/drive setup has to be worth $12K Nice boat, great deal for someone.

InKahntrol
10-23-2007, 10:17 AM
Thanks. Besides the motor being all-new and filled with the best hard parts money can buy, the trans, v-drive, prop shaft, prop, stut, driveshaft, and everything else are also brand new.
Just dropped the price:
$22k

Felt The Need
11-18-2007, 05:48 PM
Is it still on the market?

InKahntrol
11-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Yup, still on the market. It's tucked away under a cover in the garage, but I'd be happy to show/demo it for a serious buyer.
-Dan

BobbyB
12-01-2007, 09:38 AM
bad ass boat

CampbellCarl
12-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Bump for Mr. Kahn
CC

jrork
12-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Man I hate to see someone have to sell a work of art like this. It's gotta hurt.
I wish I was able to step up.
Best of luck and here's a bump for ya

InKahntrol
12-09-2007, 09:57 AM
bump

jrork
12-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Shhhh. Will you guys quit bumping this up? I want it to drop off the first couple of pages of spam while I figure out how I can sell everything of value so I can buy this boat. Now where did Jan put her wedding ring????
Jeezus what a beautiful boat....and my colors too! A red white and blue twin turbo'd Campbell setting in the shop next to a red white and blue blown Brendella. I could rent the house out cuz I'd never come in from the shop......

Dkahnjob
12-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Bump for Mr. Kahn
CC
Carl,
Did you get the steering fixed on your Campbell?
david

CampbellCarl
12-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Dave
Not yet. Seems too many projects and not enough river time. I think I'm going to pull that hydraulic stuff and go with a single cable. Just added another to the fleet, a '79 Howard 24' Citation', LS-6, Velvet and C-500. It's in pristine condition. Looks like it just rolled out of the 70's! I think I get it this weekend and can post more pix. Got a thread going in V-drives, just a couple of nite shots. Know anything about them? Looks good, hope it rides and handles as well as it looks. Hope to see yous guys this summer!
Carl
Oh 'ya BUMP 4 Danny!

phebus
12-11-2007, 07:46 PM
The more I look at this boat, the more I love it. :D