PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy a new gas BBQ Grill?

Mandelon
09-30-2007, 10:10 AM
My old Turbo grill has finally gotten to the point where I can't rebuild it yet again...time for a new deal. I am enlarging the BBQ island to have a bar with stools, an Ice maker and an ice bin too. Fire pit and a bench are going next to it. That part I have under control....
So anway I need some of those stainless or black access doors and a new gas grill. The prices are nuts on some of these things. I paid like $900 for my current one and that was 8 years ago...some of those big ones are several thousand dollars now and the doors are $300 each! :sqeyes:
Anyone have a hookup?
Thanks.

phebus
09-30-2007, 10:40 AM
I am enlarging the BBQ island to have a bar with stools, an Ice maker and an ice bin too. Fire pit and a bench are going next to it. That part I have under control....
BALLER :D

OGShocker
09-30-2007, 11:04 AM
My old Turbo grill has finally gotten to the point where I can't rebuild it yet again...time for a new deal. I am enlarging the BBQ island to have a bar with stools, an Ice maker and an ice bin too. Fire pit and a bench are going next to it. That part I have under control....
So anway I need some of those stainless or black access doors and a new gas grill. The prices are nuts on some of these things. I paid like $900 for my current one and that was 8 years ago...some of those big ones are several thousand dollars now and the doors are $300 each! :sqeyes:
Anyone have a hookup?
Thanks.
I like the Weber (Gold series) for Natural Gas. You can order them at Home Depot. You are looking at +/- $1400.00.
But, what do I know..:D

phebus
09-30-2007, 11:08 AM
I like the Weber (Gold series) for Natural Gas. You can order them at Home Depot. You are looking at +/- $1400.00.
But, what do I know..:D
Spoken from the "King of Que" :D

charlyox
09-30-2007, 11:59 AM
You can't go wrong with a weber.

fiasco
09-30-2007, 03:57 PM
weber ! I just bought one I did a lot of research theyre awesome . osh or ace also carries them.

BajaMike
09-30-2007, 05:02 PM
I bought my Weber at Ace hardware (in Laguna Niguel). They assemble it and deliver it for free.....you can't beat that....I had putting that stuff together!
:idea:

djunkie
09-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Spoken from the "King of Que" :D
When I build a built in grill I'll definately be hitting OG up for some tips on what to get. And how to use it. :D :D

Riverkid
09-30-2007, 06:36 PM
I have a nice grill and my buddy just did a Fire Magic from Thompson's. I'll have to do some pics. His is crazy!

socalmoney
09-30-2007, 10:25 PM
leisure Living in Murrieta is going out of business and has some killer deals right now.

BLOWN88FRESNO MINI
09-30-2007, 10:48 PM
I just finished a bbq setup in Fresno, Ca. has a built-in Jenn-air 5 burner NG from Lowes $899.00 , Kitchen aid fridge and 2 20"x30" fire magic dbl sided ss doors.I also built the FirePit, installed the FireBowls next to the pool and plastered the block wall with a smooth hand trowel finish.
Cal Spas has probably the best deal if your looking for bbq similar or exactly the same as FireMagic:idea: They are almost half the price and all the same features.
Lee Garcia

Hardly Satisfied
10-01-2007, 07:32 AM
Nice setup

FullUp
10-01-2007, 08:32 AM
Open up the bank and buy a Lynx Professional. Amazing professional grade grills.
Lynx Grills (http://www.lynxgrills.com/)

Brewzed
10-01-2007, 09:14 AM
FYI The Turbo Grill from BBQ Galore and the Sam's Club brand are built by the same company and they are 1/3 the cost.

Screaming Pete
10-01-2007, 09:29 AM
i got the Grand Turbo and think it's pertty good, i got a 15% off coupon in the mail last week at bar b que galiore just work them . Mandy

TOBTEK
10-01-2007, 10:27 AM
with all the money your making in this DOWN market, go to standards of excellence and get the 42" Lynx with Pro sear.... its a kick ass grill! I have a connection on Lynx if you go that route. Standards doesn't discount the Viking, but we bought out Lynx for less than the Vik which was about 800.00 less to start.

BoatPI
10-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Look at the Weber's at Home Expo. they carry the premium models and they were 25% off about a week ago. ALWAYS get the porcilen coated grills for better cleaning, NOT stainless uncoated ones.
I have a NG and a LPG one. the NG grill is hotter than Godzilla's breath!

Trailer Park Casanova
10-01-2007, 02:10 PM
The RD super dockside mega-stainless mods are on sale now at Lowes.

Mandelon
10-01-2007, 04:34 PM
I will check those places out. I ordered my block and sandstone patio flagstone today...pour concrete on Wednesday pm, then hard to work to be done by the 27th for the usual Halloween Party.....
Picked up the fire ring burner today too..... I am tired of tying rebar! :)

RiverToysJas
10-01-2007, 04:40 PM
IMO Weber is the way to go. They are build to last, and completely rebuildable if you have issues with certain parts. My Father-in-Law has a weber that gets used several times a week, and it's over 20 years old.
My next BBQ will be a Weber.....
RTJas :D

INSman
10-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Open up the bank and buy a Lynx Professional. Amazing professional grade grills.
Lynx Grills (http://www.lynxgrills.com/)
Yup, have the 36" ProSear and you can't go wrong with this grill, just have to loosen up the purse strings a little. Like most things in life, you pretty much get what you pay for.

blown65
10-01-2007, 05:12 PM
I love our Vermont Castings. Very well built.