PDA

View Full Version : steering/droop

wright27
02-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Put on a droop I need an extension for the steering now. Any help on something I can use without spending more frigen money than I need to. It is about 3 to 4 inches lower now. It is not the distance I need to make up it is the height.

FASTRAT
02-27-2006, 12:04 PM
Put on a droop I need an extension for the steering now. Any help on something I can use without spending more frigen money than I need to. It is about 3 to 4 inches lower now. It is not the distance I need to make up it is the height.
check with Rexone...he carries all the parts u need...he is on the boards
fastrat

bigblockbill
02-27-2006, 12:47 PM
I have always just used a 1" or shorter peice of Stainless Steel Tube between the cable end and the steering arm along with a longer bolt. I think you can loosen the bulk head feed through nut slightly and angle the cable slightly as well.

wright27
02-27-2006, 01:45 PM
thanks I will make something work then. I am sick of spending money on this boat I will never see it back. When I sell this someone will get alot for there money.

wsuwrhr
02-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Check with American Turbine, I think they have something that you are looking for.
Pretty sweet deal.
Brian

Squirtcha?
02-27-2006, 02:19 PM
thanks I will make something work then. I am sick of spending money on this boat I will never see it back. When I sell this someone will get alot for there money.
Are you new to boating? :cool:
That's the way it (almost) always works. :rolleyes:
About the only way to make money on a boat deal, is to buy one real cheap from a desperate seller. Have it need nothing mechanical, just clean up by buffing out the gel, clean the carpet and interior do some polishing etc, then sell it. Hopefully it'll be at the right time of the year, and to someone who really wants/(or thinks they need) a boat. :rollside:
Welcome to boating. :)

FLEA DIDDY
02-27-2006, 02:31 PM
B reak
O ut
A nother
T housand
:rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

wright27
02-27-2006, 03:44 PM
Are you new to boating? :cool:
That's the way it (almost) always works. :rolleyes:
About the only way to make money on a boat deal, is to buy one real cheap from a desperate seller. Have it need nothing mechanical, just clean up and buffing out the gel, clean the carpet and interior do some polishing etc, then sell it. Hopefully it'll be at the right time of the year, and to someone who really wants/(or thinks they need) a boat. :rollside:
Welcome to boating. :)
no, not new to it. When I am done I will have about $5500 into it all turn key and ready including the purchase of the hull. It should be worth more than that.A challenger in the spam section just sold pretty fast for more than $5500.

Squirtcha?
02-27-2006, 04:03 PM
no, not new to it. When I am done I will have about $5500 into it all turn key and ready including the purchase of the hull. It should be worth more than that.A challenger in the spam section just sold pretty fast for more than $5500.
Dude! You're doing great. With all the things I've done, undone, parts sold in like-new condition for half price so I could try other things, etc. etc. etc. I've probably got $14,000 wrapped up in my $5,000 boat. :squiggle:
Oh when I think of the boat I could've bought with all the money I've spent. :jawdrop:
Count them lucky starz. :D

bp
02-27-2006, 04:16 PM
hell, i see that much just lookin' up on the trophy shelf :D

Squirtcha?
02-27-2006, 04:22 PM
hell, i see that much just lookin' up on the trophy shelf :D
Sheesh
bp you've probably got more than $14k just in the motor alone.

Rondane
02-27-2006, 08:42 PM
It didnt come with the droop? Last i knew they are sold as a kit...did you order it that way?
rondane

beerjet
02-27-2006, 08:57 PM
I dont know if some people are just in a hurry to get stuff or what but since I have alot more time than money I always find everything for cheap but on the flip side my boat has spent alot of time on the trailer. Point being is if you have the time you will most likely find it for nothing.
BTW I have my wheel cranked all the way out and the bulk head all the way out.Might not have very far to go after that and it might be cheaper to figure it out from there .
-beerjet-

Squirtcha?
02-28-2006, 04:38 AM
BTW I have my wheel cranked all the way out and the bulk head all the way out.Might not have very far to go after that and it might be cheaper to figure it out from there .
-beerjet-
He's already reached it, he's just trying to make up for the drop.
When I did mine, I had to order the kit as was mentioned above.
Or you could do like beerjet suggested and wait (very patiently)
for a free one to pop up.
:wink:
Then again, you could make one yourself. It's just a chunk of aluminum round stock through drilled and tapped.
http://www.homestead.com/jetboat/files/stiffners.jpg

wright27
02-28-2006, 09:15 PM
He's already reached it, he's just trying to make up for the drop.
When I did mine, I had to order the kit as was mentioned above.
Or you could do like beerjet suggested and wait (very patiently)
for a free one to pop up.
:wink:
Then again, you could make one yourself. It's just a chunk of aluminum round stock through drilled and tapped.
http://www.homestead.com/jetboat/files/stiffners.jpg
I did the same thing that was done in this photo. It cost me 5 bucks. That was my goal not to spend 50 bucks for something that is not worth 50 bucks just like everything else sold by marine places.