PDA

View Full Version : Anybody marry internet bride/groom

fat rat
09-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Seen plenty of web sites including craigslist, AOL and such that would set people up. So did you meet your wife/husband online?
Me, been married long before the internet.:D

Havasu1986
09-30-2007, 02:17 PM
A guy at work that is in his late 50's married a lady that he met on Yahoo. ;)

RitcheyRch
09-30-2007, 02:37 PM
I know a guy that met his wife on eharmony. I actually met my gf in an AOL chat room. We have been together for 10 years.

Pepperkornski
09-30-2007, 03:29 PM
I met my future wife on the Internet, as soon as I save enough dough I will send her airfare.

Nord
09-30-2007, 04:45 PM
I met my future wife on the Internet, as soon as I save enough dough I will send her airfare.
:idea:
Be careful..........

DelawareDave
09-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Actually, my wife and I met thru Yahoo. Passed our 7th anniversary in August, been together almost 10 years.

charlyox
09-30-2007, 06:48 PM
I met my wife on match.com. Dated for a few years and been married over 2 years now. All's well.

AvengerBabe
09-30-2007, 07:01 PM
I met my wife on match.com. Dated for a few years and been married over 2 years now. All's well.
I met my husband on Match.com as well. We have known each other for about 5 years and have been married for 2. Couldn't be happier!:)

AZKC
09-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Well about 30 years ago I met my wife in a parking lot while I was drinking some beers with the guys. I went in the bar and bought her a soda :D Best soda I ever bought ;)

riverroyal
09-30-2007, 07:52 PM
long time?:D

RVRGIRL
09-30-2007, 08:19 PM
I 2 met my husband on Match.com as well. We have known each other for about 3+ years and have been married for 2. We Couldn't be happier as well.
Just celebrated our 2 year wedding Anniversary on Sept 24th.:) :) :)

hkunz
10-02-2007, 11:13 AM
We met on AOL back when it was really the only non-usenet GUI based system out there that acessed the internet. 9th anniversary last week.

DSW
10-02-2007, 11:25 AM
I met my wife on myspace.:) Been married a bit over a month.:clover:

Sleek-Jet
10-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Not married yet, but I met my match right here on ***boat... :D
And yes,, she's a woman... :idea:

HalletDave
10-02-2007, 11:37 AM
I just requested 5 mail order brides from The Bildge Idiot.
I always wanted my own Rugby team. 3 kids from each wench. ;)
They had better be fertile. :D

DeltaSigBoater
10-02-2007, 11:41 AM
I used to fish with a guy who picked his wife out of an actual catalog. Flew to the Philippines met her & her family, got married, and flew home. They have a couple kids and have been married over 10 years.
I was in a bar one time, and this really hot girl – the kind of girl you don’t take home to meet your parents, comes up to me and say “if you play your cards right, I may end up being your future ex-wife!” I’m all WTF? :eek:

Trailer Park Casanova
10-02-2007, 11:52 AM
I met mine on the net,, but she still had issues with her ex. So having never met in person, I moved on.
Then, one day I was waiting for Best Buy to open and this fine girl was out front waiting too.
Tight pink levis, size 5,, long brown hair,,, pretty face.
She later came up to me and we talked about the Mp3 players, we went to lunch, realized we had chatted online,,,, a year later married.
It's been the best 2 and a half years of my life.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f18/tpc123/cruise2006RoyalCarib051.jpg

ck7684
10-02-2007, 12:07 PM
Not married but I met my best friend online. We talked for about 5-6 years before meeting in person, dated almost a year (didnt work out) but I still consider her my best friend...
Oh yea, we met in yahoo's car chat!!

magicrep1
10-02-2007, 12:18 PM
I met my wonderful wife Ann on the old "love at AOL"...that was almost 9 years ago...been together 8 years next month.
Our first date was to the hospital to see my newly born grandaughter...:)

HemiDude
10-02-2007, 12:31 PM
congrats!

HemiDude
10-02-2007, 12:34 PM
I tried to sell my wife on eBay. They closed my auction.
Yup, and they canceled my bid too...:sqeyes:

BshyBvrGirl
10-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Not married yet, but I met my match right here on ***boat... :D
And yes,, she's a woman... :idea:
truth is indeed stranger than fiction :D who knew HB was such a great dating site :devil: :D

Trailer Park Casanova
10-02-2007, 01:10 PM
I met my wonderful wife Ann on the old "love at AOL"...that was almost 9 years ago...been together 8 years next month.
Our first date was to the hospital to see my newly born grandaughter...:)
The old AOL site was the best ever. Chix hadn't figured out serial dating yet.

AirtimeLavey
10-02-2007, 01:39 PM
My wife and I were set up by mutual friends. Ironically, we were both on Match.com at the time. I remembered passing on her profile, thinking she looked too much like an OC biatch. After meeting her, a couple years later, I married her anyway...;) :D
J/k, she' not a biatch. :D I met some great people online and some real knuckleheads, too.

HavaSkank
10-02-2007, 02:42 PM
I've come to realize Match.com is similar to Russian Roulette. You load your personal information into the Smith & Wesson stainless cylinder and give it a wild spin. You agree to meet some poor sap and slowly raise the barrel to your right temple. 30 seconds before the the first meeting you hesitantly pull back on the hammer with sweat pouring off your brow.
Let's just say last night I pulled the trigger and dating-grey-matter spewed against the wall and stuck like overcooked pasta. He was definately the sole 357 loaded in the cylinder. Sure there were 5 empty slots, which means the odds were WITH me not against me, but that's not the way dating works.
Im due thought, right? Im due to pull the trigger and have rose pedals and confetti blow out of the barrell and into my hair when some stud who actually LOOKS like his picture or doesnt exaggerate his height by 6 inches walks through the door.
Im going to turn my blogging into Match.com dating updates. I figure with the material these knucklheads provide I could supply some great entertainment for my friends. I will fall on the proverbial sword once again, not as someone looking desperating for love, but as a socialogist/humorist/writer. Stay tuned while I load the revolver.

HavaSkank
10-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Out of sheer curiosity I went into Match.com to check out my competition. I did the ol switch'a'roo and began searching through bios of women in my demographic. Holy shiat, there are some really, really lame broads out there. I sat slumped in my chair realizing that I was now required to extend my condolences and apologize to those who I have publicly castrated.
For instance, I had no idea that 96% of single women are "fun and outgoing" while 92% "love to laugh." I personally cant stand to laugh. Laughing is highly over rated and those who enjoy it are more than likely medicated. These same dames claim to have "a great sense of humor" and "are not into drama." Are you kidding me? I THRIVE on drama. I create it every chance I get. I can turn a family reunion into a funeral after 4 shots of Jack and I've been known to make my own therapist cry a time or two.
These broads post glamour shots taken at the mall in 1994 with the ever so elegant pink boa draped across their shoulders. The filtered lens is evident as they almost look like they've been covered in Vaseline. If they're moms they quickly proclaim "my kids come first" however I have a feeling they'd sell Junior for a romp in the sack at the first opportunity. Little Ashley can be shipped to Dad's in a heartbeat if a free meal at Hometown Buffet is offered.
Everyone is searching for a man who is "honest and knows how to treat a lady." Honest? What the ****? It's dating! Nobody is honest in dating. Hell, I tell men all the time that I have a sweet disposition and Im harmless. Those who know me know that's a line of shiat. And Sister, let me tell you, NO MAN knows how to treat a lady! We're a collection of moody, PMS'ing, chemically altered members of the human race who should come equipped with a manual. The poor bastards have been trying to determine the treatment we should receive ever since Eve shoved the apple down Adam's throat by force.
So men of Match.com, allow me to humblly apologize for attacking your lack of creativity, your horrific grammar and your out dated photos. Your soul mate is on Match, hell I've seen her. There is apparently not enough shoreline in this country to accommodate all the "long walks on the beach" that are happening daily. Internet dating is alive and well and the old adage "there's someone for everyone" is apparently true. I guess I'll go back to hitting on men in truck stops and tractor pulls to find my Romeo.

bocco
10-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Out of sheer curiosity I went into Match.com to check out my competition. I did the ol switch'a'roo and began searching through bios of women in my demographic. Holy shiat, there are some really, really lame broads out there. I sat slumped in my chair realizing that I was now required to extend my condolences and apologize to those who I have publicly castrated.
For instance, I had no idea that 96% of single women are "fun and outgoing" while 92% "love to laugh." I personally cant stand to laugh. Laughing is highly over rated and those who enjoy it are more than likely medicated. These same dames claim to have "a great sense of humor" and "are not into drama." Are you kidding me? I THRIVE on drama. I create it every chance I get. I can turn a family reunion into a funeral after 4 shots of Jack and I've been known to make my own therapist cry a time or two.
These broads post glamour shots taken at the mall in 1994 with the ever so elegant pink boa draped across their shoulders. The filtered lens is evident as they almost look like they've been covered in Vaseline. If they're moms they quickly proclaim "my kids come first" however I have a feeling they'd sell Junior for a romp in the sack at the first opportunity. Little Ashley can be shipped to Dad's in a heartbeat if a free meal at Hometown Buffet is offered.
Everyone is searching for a man who is "honest and knows how to treat a lady." Honest? What the ****? It's dating! Nobody is honest in dating. Hell, I tell men all the time that I have a sweet disposition and Im harmless. Those who know me know that's a line of shiat. And Sister, let me tell you, NO MAN knows how to treat a lady! We're a collection of moody, PMS'ing, chemically altered members of the human race who should come equipped with a manual. The poor bastards have been trying to determine the treatment we should receive ever since Eve shoved the apple down Adam's throat by force.
So men of Match.com, allow me to humblly apologize for attacking your lack of creativity, your horrific grammar and your out dated photos. Your soul mate is on Match, hell I've seen her. There is apparently not enough shoreline in this country to accommodate all the "long walks on the beach" that are happening daily. Internet dating is alive and well and the old adage "there's someone for everyone" is apparently true. I guess I'll go back to hitting on men in truck stops and tractor pulls to find my Romeo.
I really want to spend a weekend in Vegas with this woman.

AirtimeLavey
10-02-2007, 03:04 PM
ROTFLMAO.....great reading. Precise observations.....sort of. Just put that in your profile and you'll draw the guys that are a little more "real". Sure, there's a lot of bs on the online sites, but buyer beware.
It doesn't take long until you learn to spot the bs. Women are usually a good 5 to 10 years older than they can evidently remember. Their photos are 15 - 20 years younger. Slim and slender/athletic and toned is the same as "big boned" or "on a diet". There definitely should be a comment on currently taking medication and when does that expire?
Overall, though, I met more good than goofy. Only a couple that could have gotten scary. It's an adventure for sure. Better than sitting at home on chat sites..... :D

Wild Horses
10-02-2007, 03:06 PM
I've come to realize Match.com is similar to Russian Roulette. You load your personal information into the Smith & Wesson stainless cylinder and give it a wild spin. You agree to meet some poor sap and slowly raise the barrel to your right temple. 30 seconds before the the first meeting you hesitantly pull back on the hammer with sweat pouring off your brow.
Let's just say last night I pulled the trigger and dating-grey-matter spewed against the wall and stuck like overcooked pasta. He was definately the sole 357 loaded in the cylinder. Sure there were 5 empty slots, which means the odds were WITH me not against me, but that's not the way dating works.
Im due thought, right? Im due to pull the trigger and have rose pedals and confetti blow out of the barrell and into my hair when some stud who actually LOOKS like his picture or doesnt exaggerate his height by 6 inches walks through the door.
Im going to turn my blogging into Match.com dating updates. I figure with the material these knucklheads provide I could supply some great entertainment for my friends. I will fall on the proverbial sword once again, not as someone looking desperating for love, but as a socialogist/humorist/writer. Stay tuned while I load the revolver.
I have read your Blog on you're myspace, I just hope your not as down on the male race as you make it out. There are a few of us straight shooters in the world, I don't try to judge every woman from the woman that was before her! Of course maybe I will be single for the rest of my life because I do believe in honesty and I am having a hard time finding anybody that believe's in it also.
The one's I love are the one's that say they don't smoke because my profile say's I want a non-smoker, half way into the date they have a nicky fit and have to confess that they haven't been truthful. Now that you have lied to me right off do you think I still want to date you!!! I don't think so!!! LOL
Clint
Runnin Wild

HavaSkank
10-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Thanks for being a reader Clint! :D My myspace page has a dating theme because the material is so damn plentiful. I love to bust balls (duh) and it's been a great forum to share my experiences.
I dont hate all men. As a matter o' fact Im currently dating/boinking a guy from Match. Considering things are going good with the new meat, this has upset my followers. My friends and family want me to dump the "normal guy" so I can go back to sharing my horrible (yet somewhat comical) dating stories.
Apparently my newfound happiness is effecting my comedic material and it's best that I walk the universe alone (sigh) if I want to continue my writing career. Whoa is me.

gas Hogg
10-02-2007, 04:01 PM
I was on Match and started chatting with a very nice woman. I knew her for about three years we dated off and on. I just came out of a divorce so I didn't want to get to serious. So to make a long story short she moved in rented a room I got drunk started doing the nasty with her a few times. ( MY BIG MISTAKE) She gets serious I think it's not that bad. Then when I say this is not working out can we work on this, she flip's. If you don't remeber I'm the one that posted about a month and a half ago. That my exgirlfriend had me arrested for physical abuse $3,000 dollar bail so I could get out the to run my business and be with my kids. She gets to stay in the house for a month because of a court order. The three of us live in a hotel for two weeks then move in with a couple of friends. Meanwhile she thrashes the house, steal's everything that is important to me and thrashes my kids room's. Oh yeah she sold half of my items for the boat I was restoring took a knife to my new interior of the boat and my furniture in the house. And the final touch she cut up chunks of fish placed them under my mats in my tool boxes, my cowboy hats, my bed, and my dress shoes.
All in all the bill is up to a little over $12,500 and I still havent finished my boat or have a house full of furniture yet. The D.A. dropped all charges two of the officers apologized and said it's a terrable law, especially since there was only a red mark on her arm the day after I supposedly assualted her. The kids are home happy and feel safe. I realized what a complete F@@K up I was for letting anyone into my house being a single father.
My boat should be running this weekend, I purchased a 50" plasma and the B@tch can go to hell so all is good. I hate to say it but one night stands are alot easier and safer. My son is 8 and my daughter is 12 so it will be a few years before I go online for a new date. Hahaa but then again I could meet the same type of woman at church this weekend. Well you can't give sheep the vote so I'll keep my head up.
Thanks fer letting me rant.