PDA

View Full Version : Honest Opinion, Did We Overdo The Master Bath

RiverOtter
09-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Will it appeal to buyers?
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d711b3127ccebcabf96d29c200000025108BatnDds0bY
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d711b3127ccebcabf96729c800000025108BatnDds0bY
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d711b3127ccebcabf952a8cd00000026108BatnDds0bY
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d711b3127ccebcabf9ff295000000025108BatnDds0bY
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d711b3127ccebcabf9fca86300000025108BatnDds0bY
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d711b3127ccebcabf9f3295c00000025108BatnDds0bY
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d711b3127ccebcabf9fb295400000025108BatnDds0bY

HOSS
09-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Looks good. I never did like the soup bowl sink though. Just my .02.

redneckcharlie
09-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Very nice!

RiverOtter
09-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Looks good. I never did like the soup bowl sink though. Just my .02.
That's the one that worries me
Very nice!
Thanks

Not So Fast
09-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Very pleasing to look at. The only question or drawback is that washbowl and how difficult it is to actually use it? and the water spotting of the shower glass, that is if it is intended to be used. If you have a hot wife or girl friend then its worth it:D Looks good though and thats what it takes to sell. JMHO, NSF

RiverOtter
09-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Very pleasing to look at. The only question or drawback is that washbowl and how difficult it is to actually use it? and the water spotting of the shower glass, that is if it is intended to be used. If you have a hot wife or girl friend then its worth it:D Looks good though and thats what it takes to sell. JMHO, NSF
The vessel sinks are very user friendly (I was concerned about that when we did the remodel). The shower glass. Well, yes it's a pain to keep clean BUT when MrsRiverOtter is on display....... it's all good :D

RitcheyRch
I like it but some wont like the sink.

BiggusJimbus
I think it looks great.
Not overdone. Just says quality materials and thought.
The sink is a matter of taste.

plaster dave
09-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Very nice.

707dog
09-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Looks Good!! I Dig The Big Deep Bath Tube, The Sink Bowl Maybe Questionable But It Makes It Diferent,i Personally Like The Clear Shower Look Our Old House Had It And We Would Sqwiggy It Down After Evry Use Stayed Pretty Clean...good Luck!

RiverOtter
09-30-2007, 04:46 PM
:eek:
http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/8625/showerrb9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Great, now I'll have to tear it all out :mad:

Not So Fast
09-30-2007, 04:51 PM
:eek:
http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/8625/showerrb9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
You are my hero:D Honestly, you are the best at this stuff. NSF

Nord
09-30-2007, 04:53 PM
Very pretty..........where is the medicine cabinet??

RiverOtter
09-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Very pretty..........where is the medicine cabinet??
:idea: I knew I forgot something :D

maxwedge
09-30-2007, 05:10 PM
I think that looks great. Nicely done, not to big, and way more practical than a lot of the ridiculous Living room sized "Master Bath suites" I've seen and built lately. Beer drinkin' RCL will really help pull in the sales too.:D
I just finished a bathroom for some friends and it's about 25' x 30' and I just wanted to ask, "So why do the 2 adults and the three year old that live in this house need a master bath with a shower big enough for a clydesdale, a 7x6 soaking tub, four sinks, and enough empty wasted space in the middle to house my entire kitchen or possibly a greek fountain?" I guess it looks cool, but after laying 4" travertine tiles for two weeks straight just in the shower, I know I'll never want a bathroom that size. Way over done, I'd say yours looks real good though:D

RiverOtter
09-30-2007, 05:12 PM
I think that looks great. Nicely done, not to big, and way more practical than a lot of the ridiculous Living room sized "Master Bath suites" I've seen and built lately. Beer drinkin' RCL will really help pull in the sales too.:D
I just finished a bathroom for some friends and it's about 25' x 30' and I just wanted to ask, "So why do the 2 adults and the three year old that live in this house need a master bath with a shower big enough for a clydesdale, a 7x6 soaking tub, four sinks, and enough empty wasted space in the middle to house my entire kitchen or possibly a greek fountain?" I guess it looks cool, but after laying 4" travertine tiles for two weeks straight just in the shower, I know I'll never want a bathroom that size. Way over done, I'd say yours looks real good though:D
:jawdrop:

Havasu1986
09-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Bathroom looks awesome...what about the rest of the house. And where is it located. :confused:

GoCiggie31
09-30-2007, 05:17 PM
I like it.:D The rich woods accent the light color tiles...are those 24" floor tiles/granite? If so... ;)
The corner bench in the shower is a nice touch, great place to relax and watch and help the wife shower:D :D :D
Sure makes that bathroom POP!
Great job!

YeLLowBoaT
09-30-2007, 05:20 PM
other then the sink and the accent tile in the shower looks ok to me.( I dislike the tile alot more then the sink)

maxwedge
09-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Actually I like the tile a lot, especially the half bond pattern and the fractured tile accent. I like the sink too, so I guess to each his own.:D

YeLLowBoaT
09-30-2007, 05:28 PM
Actually I like the tile a lot, especially the half bond pattern and the fractured tile accent. I like the sink too, so I guess to each his own.:D
I actaully love the tile, just not he accent. every thing is so smooth and clean, then there is this band of dark ramdom shaped objects. If they had been lighter might have worked for me.

RiverOtter
09-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Bathroom looks awesome...what about the rest of the house. And where is it located. :confused:
Thanks, I'll have to upload some the other pics. The kitchen puts the bath to shame. House is in Chattanooga
I like it.:D The rich woods accent the light color tiles...are those 24" floor tiles/granite? If so... ;)
The corner bench in the shower is a nice touch, great place to relax and watch and help the wife shower:D :D :D
Sure makes that bathroom POP!
Great job!
Thanks, and yes the view is nice :D . The tile is limestone and the counter tops are marble. The sinks are also limestone.
other then the sink and the accent tile in the shower looks ok to me.( I dislike the tile alot more then the sink)
Thanks, I thought the dark tile accent played well of the dark wood cabinets.
I actaully love the tile, just not he accent. every thing is so smooth and clean, then there is this band of dark ramdom shaped objects. If they had been lighter might have worked for me.
LOL. Can't please everybody :D

RiverOtter
09-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Only pic I have of the kitchen. Really wasn't taking a pic of the kitchen but MrsRiverOtter's V-Day presents
There's a lot more to it than this pic shows
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d711b3127ccebd51cb5bf85d00000026108BatnDds0bY
Here is the outside on the 1st snow day in years
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d711b3127ccebd51eb1ff80900000026108BatnDds0bY

mobldj
09-30-2007, 06:00 PM
wheres the flat screen so when you sit in the tub with the plastic navy you can enjoy mchales navy reruns.

RiverOtter
09-30-2007, 06:15 PM
wheres the flat screen so when you sit in the tub with the plastic navy you can enjoy mchales navy reruns.
Too funny :D . That is MrsRiverOtter's personal oasis

BajaMike
09-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Looks great to me!
:idea:

Racey
09-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Looks Very Nice!

boatsnblondes
09-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Just a beautiful job all the way...I love it..so does the wife....as for the comment on water spots, thats easy to take care of if you install a soft water system in the house...which you should do anyways..just curious...are you selling it?? If not, whats a comp for a house like that..and if you are, how much?? thanks....:D

hoolign
09-30-2007, 07:35 PM
I like it. It's refined and if the only issue is the sink..easy fix! Nice job..I especially like the dark wood! Classic old tub look with modern fixtures.. Two thumbs up!

HemiDude
09-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Very nice bathroom and kitchen! Which issue of "Better Homes and Gardens" did you copy the pics out of?:D :D :D
Very nice indeed...what part of the country are you in?

pspoolman
09-30-2007, 07:57 PM
I think you forgot the toilet.:D Bathroom looks great.

RiverOtter
10-01-2007, 03:41 AM
Looks real good to me.
Thanks
Looks great to me!
:idea:
Thanks
Looks Very Nice!
Thanks
Just a beautiful job all the way...I love it..so does the wife....as for the comment on water spots, thats easy to take care of if you install a soft water system in the house...which you should do anyways..just curious...are you selling it?? If not, whats a comp for a house like that..and if you are, how much?? thanks....:D
Good idea on the water softner. Yes, we will be selling it. Got just a couple of minor things to complete. Hard to get it done with my new job. A very similar house sold 1 block from us, same size (4,500 .... ours is 4,910) for $613,000. Our kitchen and master is nicer, they had a 3 car garage we have 2. Haven't had an agent up but I'd want around $619K. Did I mention our taxed are only around $2,500 :D
I like it. It's refined and if the only issue is the sink..easy fix! Nice job..I especially like the dark wood! Classic old tub look with modern fixtures.. Two thumbs up!
Thanks, I started thinking if the sinks were a problem. We could get the same cabinet company to refab 2 cabinets / tops with under the counter sinks.
Very nice bathroom and kitchen! Which issue of "Better Homes and Gardens" did you copy the pics out of?:D :D :D
Very nice indeed...what part of the country are you in?
LOL! We did get the tub idea out of some mags. We are in Chattanooga, TN.
Potty is enclosed. Door to the left of the closet. Didn't think y'all would want a pic of that :D

Tremor Girl
10-01-2007, 04:19 AM
If your interested in a womans point of view, it's absolutely gorgeous! Between that and your kitchen, it's enough for me to force some tears until my hubby bought it for me. :D I can't imagine you'd have a problem selling it. I LOVE it!:)

RiverOtter
10-01-2007, 04:31 AM
If your interested in a womans point of view, it's absolutely gorgeous! Between that and your kitchen, it's enough for me to force some tears until my hubby bought it for me. :D I can't imagine you'd have a problem selling it. I LOVE it!:)
Start the water works sister :D

dirty old man
10-01-2007, 06:44 AM
I'd like to try one of those raised sinks, be better on my back in the AM. Is this in a modular home (trailer), based on the size of the room, or a small extra guest bath? Like the workmanship

Big Warlock
10-01-2007, 06:49 AM
Very nice! Excellent job!!

RiverOtter
10-01-2007, 07:59 AM
I'd like to try one of those raised sinks, be better on my back in the AM. Is this in a modular home (trailer), based on the size of the room, or a small extra guest bath? Like the workmanship
Modular!?!? Is that an TN crack :D The pics must be a bit confusing. This is our master bath. There are 2 vanities both with the vessel sinks. You enter from the master and the vanities are on either side of the door.
Very nice! Excellent job!!
Thanks

Jbb
10-01-2007, 08:03 AM
:p Once the wheel skirts are on....it' nearly impossible to tell...
nice job

Dave C
10-01-2007, 08:03 AM
Great job... thanks for the "right click, save as" ;) ;)

RiverOtter
10-01-2007, 08:05 AM
:p Once the wheel skirts are on....it' nearly impossible to tell...
nice job
Shoot howdy :D
Great job... thanks for the "right click, save as" ;) ;)
Thanks and good luck with the copy :D

76ANTHONY
10-01-2007, 08:07 AM
dam, from what i see in those pics that bathrrom is awesome, veryyyyy clean and refined. that is one big azz house too. very nice job. never thought about a bowl sink but it looks great....

RiverOtter
10-01-2007, 08:20 AM
dam, from what i see in those pics that bathrrom is awesome, veryyyyy clean and refined. that is one big azz house too. very nice job. never thought about a bowl sink but it looks great....
Really too big. I'm ready to downsize. Muchos gracias :D

WYRD
10-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Thats what the "bowl" sink is for, dual purpose:D :D
looks great but the protien stains would be hard to take off the shower walls:D

AirtimeLavey
10-01-2007, 08:57 AM
Very nice. The vessel sinks are becoming very popular in the upscale homes. What's nice is they still allow you storage underneath. A lot of peeps go with pedistal sinks (which look good, too), but they don't allow you much storage. Buyers want both. Good job. It will definitely add $ to your value and make the home easier to sell. Kitchen looks great, too. Someday, I'll finish all the remodel I've started. It never ends. :rolleyes: :D

hkunz
10-01-2007, 09:09 AM
Looks very nice, not at all overdone. Often, at least in the CA market, bath and kitchen are the final "selling considerations". You used to even have the possibility of getting your money out of a bath remodel. With today's market, who knows, but if you like it and plan to live there a while, then it is all good.

hkunz
10-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Only pic I have of the kitchen. Really wasn't taking a pic of the kitchen but MrsRiverOtter's V-Day presents
There's a lot more to it than this pic shows
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d711b3127ccebd51cb5bf85d00000026108BatnDds0bY
Here is the outside on the 1st snow day in years
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d711b3127ccebd51eb1ff80900000026108BatnDds0bY
Wow, looks awesome. What a gorgeous house.

RiverOtter
10-01-2007, 09:14 AM
Thats what the "bowl" sink is for, dual purpose:D :D
looks great but the protien stains would be hard to take off the shower walls:D
Another TN wise crack :rolleyes: .................. :D
Very nice. The vessel sinks are becoming very popular in the upscale homes. What's nice is they still allow you storage underneath. A lot of peeps go with pedistal sinks (which look good, too), but they don't allow you much storage. Buyers want both. Good job. It will definitely add $ to your value and make the home easier to sell. Kitchen looks great, too. Someday, I'll finish all the remodel I've started. It never ends. :rolleyes: :D
Thanks much
Looks very nice, not at all overdone. Often, at least in the CA market, bath and kitchen are the final "selling considerations". You used to even have the possibility of getting your money out of a bath remodel. With today's market, who knows, but if you like it and plan to live there a while, then it is all good.
For tax reasons I'd like to stay till March but if the right offer came in :idea:
Wow, looks awesome. What a gorgeous house.
Thanks

sorry dog
10-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Potty is enclosed. Door to the left of the closet. Didn't think y'all would want a pic of that :D
The first thing that Brown looks for in a house...
Anyway, looks good Otter.
My folks recently did a bath and look very similar to yours except lacking the space for the tub, used granite, and a few chinese motifs.
I love to move a couple hours north to Nooga, but the employment market there ain't really too big for someone like me.

RiverOtter
10-01-2007, 09:28 AM
The first thing that Brown looks for in a house...
Anyway, looks good Otter.
My folks recently did a bath and look very similar to yours except lacking the space for the tub, used granite, and a few chinese motifs.
I love to move a couple hours north to Nooga, but the employment market there ain't really too big for someone like me.
Thanks, Not sure what you do but hopefully the employment market will change soon. Local govt is working hard to attract medium and large businesses here. Keep in touch.

Legal Chemistry
10-01-2007, 09:36 AM
that looks great! I'm working on mine... the only difference is my clawfoot is from the 1800's... otherwise it's the same :). BTW, what are your dimensions?
I'll have to forward to the misses.

Jbb
10-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Doesn't the parole conditions require thorazine......and staying in Bama?...:jawdrop:

rlj676
10-01-2007, 01:09 PM
The even easier way to take care of the water spots, especially if selling, is to get one of those biq squeegies they sell at Bed Bath & Beyond or the similar, and wipe it down each time. It's not as big of a pain as it sounds like, and why invest in a water softener if you're selling.

Focker
10-01-2007, 01:46 PM
where is your location that it is snowing already
great house and pics

RiverOtter
10-01-2007, 02:15 PM
The even easier way to take care of the water spots, especially if selling, is to get one of those biq squeegies they sell at Bed Bath & Beyond or the similar, and wipe it down each time. It's not as big of a pain as it sounds like, and why invest in a water softener if you're selling.
I'll look for one
where is your location that it is snowing already
great house and pics
The pic of the house was during the winter. It's mid 70's here in TN. Real Chamber of Commerce weather.

callbob4homes
10-01-2007, 05:58 PM
The shower glass. Well, yes it's a pain to keep clean BUT when MrsRiverOtter is on display....... it's all good :D
Ok I can't believe this has not been said yet............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................... Pictures please, let's don't just throw this out there without visual proof:idea: :idea: :D :D BTW, very classy and well done. (the bathroom and house of course, not the pics that are coming:eek:

OnlyMoney
10-01-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm in agreeance with most of the responses so far. BEAUTIFUL job and it will definitely help it sell. :D

RiverOtter
10-02-2007, 03:14 AM
Ok I can't believe this has not been said yet............................................... .................................................. ... Pictures please, let's don't just throw this out there without visual proof:idea: :idea: :D BTW, very classy and well done. (the bathroom and house of course, not the pics that are coming:eek:
LOL!!! I am surprised it took this lone :idea: . MrsRiverOtter <------Conservative Southern Chick :D No nakked shots :D and thanks for you kind words ;)
I'm in agreeance with most of the responses so far. BEAUTIFUL job and it will definitely help it sell. :D
muchos gracias :)

hoolign
10-02-2007, 03:20 AM
When you say it's a 4000 + sq/ft house is that the whole house or just the top floor? Don't ask me why but for some reason up here we typically go by the main floor and dont include the lower level in the sq/ft. Ours is 2200 up and 2200 down but lists as a 2200 sq/ft pad.
( Shut up Rex)
Do you have a site with pics of your builds? I would be interested in looking at more of your houses.

RiverOtter
10-02-2007, 03:27 AM
When you say it's a 4000 + sq/ft house is that the whole house or just the top floor? Don't ask me why but for some reason up here we typically go by the main floor and dont include the lower level in the sq/ft. Ours is 2200 up and 2200 down but lists as a 2200 sq/ft pad.
( Shut up Rex)
Do you have a site with pics of your builds? I would be interested in looking at more of your houses.
Finished walkout basement has 900 sf. The rest is main and 2nd floor. It's a full 2 stories, brick on all 4 walls up to the roof. I'm no builder. Just bought a house with a power blue tile bath and wire rack closet :D

hoolign
10-02-2007, 03:34 AM
Finished walkout basement has 900 sf. The rest is main and 2nd floor. It's a full 2 stories, brick on all 4 walls up to the roof. I'm no builder. Just bought a house with a power blue tile bath and wire rack closet :D
When I get back home here in 3 days ( finally after 55) I'll email some pics of our project. We got a great deal on it at 500k and should list out around in the high 900's when its done. The operative word being "when" LOL.
I'm having some difficulties deciding on what to change as well as . It's only 2 years old but niw that we've been in it for a while..somethings just don't seem to be done as well as they could have been.
They ran out of coin and had to bail..so my dumbass thought here's an easy buck to be had...hmmm shoulda thought it out better :D

RiverOtter
10-02-2007, 03:39 AM
When I get back home here in 3 days ( finally after 55) I'll email some pics of our project. We got a great deal on it at 500k and should list out around in the high 900's when its done. The operative word being "when" LOL.
I'm having some difficulties deciding on what to change as well as . It's only 2 years old but niw that we've been in it for a while..somethings just don't seem to be done as well as they could have been.
They ran out of coin and had to bail..so my dumbass thought here's an easy buck to be had...hmmm shoulda thought it out better :D
Ugh.... We still have some small things to do. :rolleyes:

topless
10-02-2007, 04:10 AM
That bathroom makes me feel dirty. Can I come over and take a bath?:idea: :idea: :D :D

RiverOtter
10-02-2007, 06:50 AM
That bathroom makes me feel dirty. Can I come over and take a bath?:idea: :idea: :D :D
Just swing by :D

lewiville
10-02-2007, 06:58 AM
how much was the remodel, Also what was the square footage?

RiverOtter
10-02-2007, 08:36 AM
how much was the remodel, Also what was the square footage?
Total was $50,000 +/- but that included adding hardwood to 2 rooms downstairs the hallway up stairs and the master, retiling 2 more baths, painting most of the 1st and 2nd floors, adding a 2nd water heater, running gas pipping to the grill, changing out all the door hardware and mos light fixtures in the house, adding a closet system, replacing all hollow core doors in the 1st and 2nd floors with solid core doors, changing the enterance to an office / bedroom to a real office with french doors adding 2 pocket doors, Holy Crap!! :jawdrop: I think I'm gonna throw up!
Thankfully the kitchen and roof were just done before I bought.

Hardly Satisfied
10-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Looks sweet