PDA

View Full Version : Lake Shasta rentals

ZRCTION
09-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Looking to take a Shasta trip during the summer of 09'. Anyone recommend a certain cabin? Boat slip, pets allowed not too far from the water.
Or might rent a house boat. Anyone have one they rent out?

Sherpa
10-01-2007, 07:50 AM
personally owned housboats are not eligible for renting out... it's in their
owners use-permit rules......... f-that one up, and risk loosing your permit. $$
--As for rentals, just study up online.......... Lakeview marina is relatively
new, and their middle-line boats are pretty nice...... we actually had a much
larger boat reserved, and went up to check it out prior to our trip.. we then
asked about down-grading to a slightly smaller boat, that worked actually
alot better for us..... (the bigger boats tend to not have walkways on the
sides) just the fact you can store all your rafts, toys, etc on the side is
a huge thing if you have alot of kids stuff.......
mid-week trips are slightly cheaper than weekends... pic it up monday after-
noon after 2pm, and return it (cleaned) around friday 9am-ish..........
their boat ramp isn't very nice, but it does the job. (It's steep and narrow)
truck/trailer parking seemed okay and safe. we incurred no issues parked.
We've previously rented from Jones Valley, and bridgebay.
if renting from Jones Valley: don't unload your gear where the houseboat
docks are...... instead, have 2 people do the video/onboard training thing,
and have everyone else go to the boat launch..... back your trucks right
to the water, and when the houseboat shows up, you toss everything from
the trucks onto the houseboat........... no carts needed, no time wasted.
this little tip alone will save you more than 2 hours each load/unload......
--Sherpa

buzzaro
10-01-2007, 10:44 AM
We always stay at Antler's and really like the campsite. Theyve got everything there: Campsite for tents and also full RV hookups. A full marina with gas docks, nice slips, houseboat, ski boat and PWC rentals. We always take our dogs and all of friends do as well, never had any problems at all. They have a ramp right at the campsite that you can pay to have the staff launch your boat or the public ramp is right around the corner and they have a nice lot right at the campsite to park your trailer.
RV park/campsite (http://www.antlersrvpark.com/)
Marina (http://houseboat-rentals.gordonsguide.com/antlersresort/index.cfm)

SummerBreeze
10-02-2007, 05:22 AM
I would do the houseboat rental for your stay at Shasta. Pick the right people to hang out with. Your boat can get real small if you don't have the right mix of people. Camping at Shasta can be fun but most of the time it's a long way down to the water and can be very hot in a tent.

Maxey
10-02-2007, 05:44 AM
We have gone to Shasta for years. You will love it IF they get some more water before you go. If you go with a houseboat, (great lake for it) go with Packers Bay Marina. good boats, service, and central lake location. As far as cabins go, many people go to the same one year after year, and they can be difficult to come by. I suggest you go to the Lake Shasta website and click on cabins and do a search. Have fun when you go. Early in the summer you will have higher water.
:) :)

Napanutt
10-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Looking to take a Shasta trip during the summer of 09'. Anyone recommend a certain cabin? Boat slip, pets allowed not too far from the water.
Or might rent a house boat. Anyone have one they rent out?
We did a 4 night rental from Silverthorn last month,had a great time...but...
-the road to said resort was something out of RV (the movie)
-4 nights was WAY too short of time for the work that was involved
but...we got a smoking deal on a three story,hot tub,3 room,surround sound AND fireplace (which we didn't use) ride...

ZRCTION
10-05-2007, 11:07 AM
We used to camp at Shasta every tear when we were kids at Hirtz Bay. What a great time it was. Did 2 house boat trips 95' and 96'. We rented from Bridge Bay. Great time, and I can't agree more with you about houseboating with the right people.
I was just curious if anyone liked one marina more than the other. I remember seeing cabins on the lake, a long way from the water and I think they were on the Sacramento arm. We'll have 5 small kids going, the wifes think the cabin will be better/safer for the young ones, I agree.

Party Cat
10-05-2007, 11:23 AM
If you want a cabin...I would highly reccomend Sugarloaf Resort (http://www.shastacabins.com), Harold and Arlene have a nice setup and are great hosts...if the lake level isn't too low...Tsasdi Resort (http://www.tsasdiresort.com/) is also nice...but their docks are not real convienent...