PDA

View Full Version : Lost Boat

MR V
10-01-2007, 11:00 AM
A Few Years Ago I Had A Jet Boat Sink And Was Unable To Recover. But Over Time I Heard It Was, And Was Not Contacted Of Its Recovery. Is There Any Way Of Checking With Any Department To See If It Has. Any Help, Thanks.

b's sanger
10-02-2007, 06:42 AM
If you have the HIN's, try checking with your respective DMV.

Devilman
10-02-2007, 07:04 AM
Where did it happen?

riverbound
10-02-2007, 07:05 AM
PM Later, he is a pro at these sort of things. :D

Goad
10-02-2007, 11:32 AM
$5 says this is later.

HalletDave
10-02-2007, 11:50 AM
A Few Years Ago I Had A Jet Boat Sink And Was Unable To Recover. But Over Time I Heard It Was, And Was Not Contacted Of Its Recovery. Is There Any Way Of Checking With Any Department To See If It Has. Any Help, Thanks.
:idea:
Is this post on the up & up?
Post this in the Sand Bar section as I am sure you will get much more response.
Later & good luck:D

squirt'nmyload
10-02-2007, 01:31 PM
where at...in the phx area???.....this is not later guys :)

cave
10-02-2007, 03:44 PM
This inst later. This person never asked anyone for any help. Or asked for any money. I know this for a fact.
8k was wasted looking for this boat. We were all told it should be an easy recovery if it was still there. But for what ever reason the boat was never located. Maricopa sheriff would not allow a buoy on the surface so one was placed 6' below the water. Some one took the buoy when the water was lowered that same day.
Goad I'll take your money, Pay pal? [:)]

hotrod56cars
10-02-2007, 04:15 PM
By the way Mr. V, the boat is still legally yours as there is no salvage rights on our fresh waterways. If your isurance company paid you off then it's owned by them until they release it.
Rio
Is this true? I have always been told that if it sinks and someone else recovers it then it is their boat... :confused:

MR V
10-02-2007, 04:48 PM
I See I Have Upset Some People With My Post. Im Just Looking For Some Info To Help A Friend Out. If You Think You Need To Contact Me Heres My Cell- 602-505-4919. And Thank You To The Others Who Responed.

Placecraft Dragstar
10-02-2007, 05:02 PM
possession is 90% of the law. LOL
I hear that if you recover a boat out at sea you can file paperwork for it, I know someone that just tried to do that and found out it was a DEA boat working under cover. The boat has been sitting for a couple years and has no hull ID numbers on it just a vin.

tx-19
10-02-2007, 05:18 PM
we found a boat at pleasant a couple of weeks ago,we pulled it out and gave to the owner.it was down there a year and 5 months.

Mrs.Racer277
10-02-2007, 05:44 PM
I See I Have Upset Some People With My Post. Im Just Looking For Some Info To Help A Friend Out. If You Think You Need To Contact Me Heres My Cell- 602-505-4919. And Thank You To The Others Who Responed.
I wish you all the luck.:) A while back a few members were scammed by someone who sunk their boat. Everyone is still a lil lerry. :(

cave
10-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Mr V, Thats why your my Bro! Always looking out for me. I found the paper work. you got mail.
Good friends are hard to find. Trusted friends are even harder to find. Hopefully its still there. Maybe when they drain it like Apache it will be there. If it isn't there then I know where to start looking.
I called Mr V up to let him know why he was being called Later. I got some dam good friends.
MR V, lets go get grandpas card and do Bartlett this weekend.:D
Riodog is correct. Fresh water rules apply when salvage of a boat is done in US fresh water ways. I under stand the hesitation on this subject thats why I haven't done a thread on this.

RitcheyRch
10-02-2007, 06:01 PM
I'm thinking the same thing.
$5 says this is later.

QuickJet
10-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Do you have any pics of the boat. Might help out by jarring someone's memory.

MR V
10-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Cave, Look Forward To A Day On The Lake. Like I Said, A Bad Day On The Lake Is Better Than A Day At Home.

vee-driven
10-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Cave, Look Forward To A Day On The Lake. Like I Said, A Bad Day On The Lake Is Better Than A Day At Home.
I'll argue that quote, a bad day at the lake for me usually requires some hospital time and a bunch of wrecked sh!t, thankfully no dead bodies yet. lol

YeLLowBoaT
10-02-2007, 11:00 PM
your local DMV/ department of transpertation can help you.

Goad
10-03-2007, 06:04 AM
I retract my statement about it being later and I appologize.
You guys need to understand that "Later" has posted this very similar post several times here on ***boat and on craigslist. The guy is convinced theres a conspiracy that we all stole his boat when he wasnt looking. That is why I jumped to conclusions because seeing trends in posts makes it very easy to do that.
About the rio said about there is no salvage rights on inland waterways, this is true. I contacted a lawyer buddy of mine when Later was looking for help and had turned and burned everyone. He did some research and said it all depends on local state/county/city laws and its a 99% chance its going to lead to being labled as "theft" instead of "salvage". Now if you are a licensed salvage company, you can put a lein on the boat for your services, but at that point, the original owner would be contacted.
Again, I apologize for jumping to conclusion and I am sorry to hear about your situation. Sinking my boat is one of my worst nightmares and I dont wish it upon anyone. :(

FOURQ
10-03-2007, 07:35 AM
with what I know there is no salvage rights to any salvage company on the inland waterways. however you are responsible to pay the salvage company for their service weather you wanted it or not. they can keep your boat till it is payed. however here in AZ if a boat hasn't been registered in 5 years it is droped off the books if you try to register it after the 5 years and there are no liens, theft reports or anything it is now your boat weather its right or wrong. my advice is locate it get a depth and call me to come recover it for ya so you don't get screwed and have to pay a recovery company if it is still there.. recovery's are any wear from $1,500 to $3,000 or more

Jetaholic
10-03-2007, 09:40 AM
The first test drive I put my boat through we almost sank it. Due to an assembly error, the suction housing cracked all the way down the right side of it. On my way back to shore, I had taken on so much water that my anchor rope floated over to my U-joint driveline and got wrapped in it, killing the motor. My wake came over and swampped the back, adding even more water to what was already coming in.
There I am...dead in the water, with only a 500gph bilge pump going...lots more water coming in than I'm able to pump out. I'm thinking "OH FOCK I'M SINKING!!!" After all that time, money and hard work I put into restoring her and she was about to be at the bottom! All I could think of was what everyone on Hot Boat would think if it had sank due to Later screwing everyone. Luckily my buddy was there and was able to tow me to the dock in time to get her on the trailer and out of the water.

MR V
10-03-2007, 10:26 AM
A Bad Day For Us Was The Boat Wont Run And Being At The Other End Of The Lake With No One To Tow Us In, So Row,row Row Your Boat Along.

roostwear
10-03-2007, 12:11 PM
A Bad Day For Us Was The Boat Wont Run And Being At The Other End Of The Lake With No One To Tow Us In, So Row,row Row Your Boat Along.
I spend most of the time on the river in the Spring and Fall, and this is the downside to boating with a lot less traffic. If something happens, alot of times nobody's around to help. Explains why I prefer to go UP river!

hondo454
10-03-2007, 12:43 PM
I've got a question. My boat has foam poured into the bow area, I figure this was standard practice (law?). Is this foam useless? If there's no point to it it's coming out:)

78 WHITE/ORANGE ROGERS
10-03-2007, 01:20 PM
mr. v pm me with the VIN ill run it at work and see what comes back and let you know......

Jetaholic
10-03-2007, 01:51 PM
I've got a question. My boat has foam poured into the bow area, I figure this was standard practice (law?). Is this foam useless? If there's no point to it it's coming out:)
From what I understand, the foam only delays the amount of time it will take for the boat to sink. It keeps the front of the bow up long enough for you to get something attached to it so that you can pull it out.

cave
10-03-2007, 04:07 PM
my advice is locate it get a depth and call me to come recover it for ya so you don't get screwed and have to pay a recovery company if it is still there.. recovery's are any wear from $1,500 to $3,000 or more
FOURQ you got a deal if I find it I'll PM you immediately... I spent way more money than that just looking for it. I was even charged 15 bucks for a freaking soda that I thought was offered to me. I saw that listed on the receipt.
Nothing like loosing a brand new boat that had maybe 30 minutes on the water on it. Only good memory was testing it at Firebird lake.

jet454boat
10-03-2007, 06:35 PM
if u guys need help locating the boat in the lake let me know ill lend a hand, i live in mesa

cave
10-03-2007, 07:47 PM
I've been waiting for them to repair the dam at Saguaro for 9 years now. When they do this they lower the lake 50% or more. That would make it easier to locate if its still there. Its slated for this winter or Next depending on the drought situation. Not to mention the diving depth would be much safer. Its black water down there so a diver only has 15 minutes total dive time. 5 to get down & back up and 5 to feel around. I've been real patient. There are also trees down there that are like rubber. Its a Bezer that was new and should be sitting straight up. Even if it sunk into the mud & trees its gunna have a point. I have a 3D fish finder that I Finally 350 bucs and a white light torpedo camera That I bought to look for it. I have 200' of 1/8" cable that pulls the torpedo cam but the TV is a B&W and hard to see in daylight.
Appreciate the offer jet454boat. Hey you ought to join us at Bartlett this weekend. Hopefully there will be a good turn out like last year. Lots of Jets & V-drives. Most of all real good people!
Man If I found my boat beers would be on me that weekend! Unlike this guy Later I only ask for prayers. This loss hit me hard. I dam near drown that day and my bro MR V saved my life. I saw the water getting Darker & Darker then he grabbed me by my jacket and pulled me along side a boat that this woman own and was screaming get off me boat over and over. When the sheriff arrived they thought I was committing Insurance fraud. They offered to arrest the woman for not rendering assistance. They drove me to the Lake store and when they heard the guy say 75 bucks for a boat fender the sheriff told him he is about to go to jail for robbery. The boat was still bobbing at this time. DAM That was a bad day. I'm done I'm getting pist again.
Sorry for the novel but this is not later. To bad he burn so many here. I'll take that 10 bucks from Goad & richyrch:D That'll pay for the day pass:jawdrop: J/K

jet454boat
10-03-2007, 07:57 PM
cave- i want to go to bartlet this weekend but we had a death in the family last week and i dont know if ill make it this weekend, if i do go ill be with my uncle and we will take the 3 kachinas
also my dad has a bass boat wit a fish finder on it for a little extra help locating the boat