PDA

View Full Version : Golf Cart Question

rsr
10-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Looking for a gas cart for cruising around at the river. Can somebody please help out with some basic info on gas carts - which is the better cart - EZGO, YAMAHA, CLUB CAR - for all the basic reasons - price, dependability, availability of after market accessories, most powerful, etc. Would eventually like to get something with a simple lift, flip-down rear seat, and as much power as possible. Any and all help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance for all the help.:idea:

Throttle
10-01-2007, 12:41 PM
buy a rhino, keep it stock...
or
buy my golf cart so I can get the rhino...

TOBTEK
10-01-2007, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE=rsr;2817852]Looking for a gas cart for cruising around at the river. Can somebody please help out with some basic info on gas carts - which is the better cart - EZGO, YAMAHA, CLUB CAR - for all the basic reasons - price, dependability, availability of after market accessories, most powerful, etc. Would eventually like to get something with a simple lift, flip-down rear seat, and as much power as possible. Any and all help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance for all the help.:idea:[/ther
ClubCar, Ez-slow, and Yamaha are all good carts... BUT im a Clubcar fan. Dont like the steel frames on the yama, and EZ. You will find the most accessories for CC and EZ. Also like the rack in pinion steering on the CC. The EZ, and yama steering get real sloppy when you lift then with large wheels and tires. Some of the newer ez's have rack-i-p steering I think?? Have built way more carts than I care to remember. There are some good accessories and forums at this website. WWW.BUGGIESUNLIMITED.COM
good luck...Toby

TOBTEK
10-01-2007, 12:48 PM
buy a rhino, keep it stock...
or
buy my golf cart so I can get the rhino...
ALSO great advise! You can DUMP 7-10 grand into a cart real fast, and MAYBE half your $$ back. you will get most of your $$ back with the rhino.

rsr
10-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Throttle - stock rhino is an option - as for your cart - is real clean - saw it a while back in spam - thought you had gotten rid of it. Still asking 7k?

rsr
10-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Tobtek - thanks for the cart advice and agree about the rhino - may end up going that way - lots of buddies already have them - just always thought about getting the golf cart for the river and looking for some advice. Thanks again.

Throttle
10-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Throttle - stock rhino is an option - as for your cart - is real clean - saw it a while back in spam - thought you had gotten rid of it. Still asking 7k?
I have not been agressivley trying to rid it and I do have $$ in it. It is a gonner to someone who wants to waste some money... :D I do not want to give it away (i'd rather keep it)... maybe add some parts soon... more money lost :idea:

Throttle
10-01-2007, 12:55 PM
yep, get the rhino...

rsr
10-01-2007, 01:26 PM
So far survey says - RHINO. Now if I could just get a lead on a smoking deal for a bone stock 660 rhino?:idea:

Havasu1986
10-01-2007, 01:28 PM
So far survey says - RHINO. Now if I could just get a lead on a smoking deal for a bone stock 660 rhino?:idea:
www.bertsmegamall.com ;)

boatnam2
10-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Not sure if your in parker or havasu,if parker make sure you can use a rhino...Most place in parker there not allowed in the parks.I prefer electric for our park it is 5mph and gas just turn on and off when tryinmg to go slow plus electric you can creep around at night under the radar.

Trailer Park Casanova
10-01-2007, 01:57 PM
EZGO electric with the PDS system.
Lots of power and speed, cheap to buy and run.
Check out the refurbished mods at Premier in Havasu.
6 mo warranty, nice condition,, 1/3 the cost of new.
Get lites and a back seat.
BLM is restricting the use of Rhinos & Rangers.
Beware,, used Golf cart sales folk are usually like mule traders.
Can't believe a word they tell ya.

Not So Fast
10-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Golden rule inplay here "Drive them both and spend some time in both if possible" I am in thr minority here I know but I didnt like my Rhino so I sold it and am looking for another golf cart. Cam, how does $4500 cash sound:idea: NSF

LeE ss13
10-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Always make sure it has enough power to haul a few riders !!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/DCP_1471.JPG

rsr
10-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Trailer Park - Do you have contact info for premier? Also what is the PDS system? One last question - electric seems to be the preferred over gas - does electric have more power and get up and go than gas? Would have thought the opposite. Thanks in advance for the help.

Havasu1986
10-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Trailer Park - Do you have contact info for premier? Also what is the PDS system? One last question - electric seems to be the preferred over gas - does electric have more power and get up and go than gas? Would have thought the opposite. Thanks in advance for the help.
Premier Golf Carts 928 680-1770 Off 95 and Acoma. I have a gasser. I hear the electric is a little faster, but I didn't want to deal with the charging. I just filler up and go. And there not that loud. ;)

Hardly Satisfied
10-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Looking for a gas cart for cruising around at the river. Can somebody please help out with some basic info on gas carts - which is the better cart - EZGO, YAMAHA, CLUB CAR - for all the basic reasons - price, dependability, availability of after market accessories, most powerful, etc. Would eventually like to get something with a simple lift, flip-down rear seat, and as much power as possible. Any and all help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance for all the help.:idea:
Hit Tobtek up , He can build you a sweet one

Trailer Park Casanova
10-01-2007, 03:36 PM
When we bought our cart, the electrics were 11 hp the gas 7 and a half HP.
The PDS has regenerative breaking.
The elect torque curve is straight up, gas at a steep angle.
The kids say it has way more power than the other golf carts in the campground, and they're usually driving it dripping with kids.
We like elect and the EZGO PDS because it's quiet, and the engine isnt the shut-off-at-idle kind like the gas.
Not knocking the gas mind ya, they're all good, just the elect seem to fit our style the best.
Call Premier, and they'll give you the price and delivery time frame on used.
http://www.premiergolfcars.com/
Maynard takes our cart for a spin. Clic on pic:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f18/tpc123/th_Jameswithgolfcart.jpg (http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f18/tpc123/?action=view&current=Jameswithgolfcart.flv)

boatnam2
10-01-2007, 04:03 PM
whipped caliber has a nice electric cart for sale i believ in the 3500 range,just seen it today for sale..if you could get it for 3k that would be a steel,plus it already has stereo light etc etc...

howard25bullet
10-01-2007, 06:39 PM
I love my gas EZGO cart and have upgraded the suspension since the picture. I also have 4 seat belts in it and it's licensed and insured for AZ.
I looked at the Rhino's and almost bought one but didn't see the real reason. I cruise around Crazy Horse, the island and into town a ways for shopping. It also does well going up and down the hills on the island as well.
Premier has done the suspension mods for me and I like their service. They will come and pick it up, service it and deliver it back again. Good people to deal with.
My vote is for the cart if you are going to just cruise around short distances and want to be comfortable. If you want to travel distances and all the way from one end to the other of Havasu the a Rhino is the way to go.

rsr
10-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks to everyone for the info so far - definitely helping to hear all sides of the story. The rhino has some benefits - but so does the cart. There's something cool about the custom cart that I still dig.
Trailer Park - have you compared a newer 11hp gas to an 11hp electric with PDS? Wondering if they are now comparable. What year is your electric and what is top speed? Looking for the cart with the most muscle as me and my buds aren't the lightest guys around (+200lbs). Eventually will be for the kiddies, but for now it'll be my toy.
Howard25 - thanks for the input - what year is your cart and what's the hp? Nice looking cart. I know you said premier did the suspension - did you get the cart there as well? What did you need to do to get it registered and made street legal?
Looks like I'll be giving Premier a call and stopping by during my next river run, looks like one of the nicer shops I've seen.
Thanks again to all and keep the info coming if you can.

Trailer Park Casanova
10-01-2007, 06:56 PM
The electrics just seem to have more muscle, more torque.
It hauls 6 people around at about 17mph,, that suits our needs.
And like Boatnam said, it's nice for quiet evening get-a-ways.

repo man
10-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Always make sure it has enough power to haul a few riders !!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/DCP_1471.JPG
this cart belongs to a buddy of mine. it's for sale or possible trade for a toy box.
that thing is way too much fun

howard25bullet
10-01-2007, 07:56 PM
I think it has a 9 hp engine that is stock in the 98 EZGO's. I bought it originally from AZ West and they put the mirrors lights and other stuff on it to make it street legal. I think it's about a $200 kit or there abouts. I bought it for the custom paint job...LOL...not too smart I'm afraid.
The suspension was shot so I upgraded it and I ended up getting a valve job also by Premier (put SS valves in it). I also just bought the brackets and seat belts at Premier and installed them myself in a few hours. Pretty easy to work on!
Here is a cool link for you: http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/
They have a forum on here and you can see all kinds of pictures and upgrades to trick them out. There is a Honda engine that goes in them as well that will take it up above 20 hp I think.
The main thing is to find a shop that you can trust and will stand behind their products be it gas or electric. My neighbors have electric and they always seem to be plugged in or the kids drain them and they are stranded. I just take mine over the bridge in the morning and fill it up on the way to Starbucks or the grocery store. Pretty simple...
Good luck!

rsr
10-02-2007, 06:27 AM
Trailer Park, Howard 25, and everyone else - thanks for the responses - they all will be a big help as my search gets serious this winter. If anyone else has something to add let it fly - can never get too much info.

TOBTEK
10-02-2007, 06:42 AM
Hit Tobtek up , He can build you a sweet one
no he can't.... he retired from building carts for hire. I do have a SICK 12hp 800amp 48v clubcar, sick paint, stereo, two stereo batteries, rear seat kit all powder coated to match roof supports, interior is pimp, A-arm susp kit, killer wheels and tires, carbonfiber dash kit,polished steering shaft, trick steering wheel, wireless stereo remote on steering wheel, billet pedels, custom mats, headlights & Taillights... id sell for the right price though:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/golf_cart_ride_Nimo_day_001.jpg
top is now painted to match, just need to install.

Not So Fast
10-02-2007, 07:19 AM
My 2000 EZ go Electric went 18mph on GPS but on the north end of town suffered on the hills which I thought the gas was supposed to be better?? I just talked with Mike at Premier and he told me that they could put high speed gears in the gas model and it would produce close to 23mph?? If you plan on electric just remember that the if you make it more powerful like 48 volts and stronger motor that your only source for power is those batteries and it will drain it of power much faster, or thats what ive been told:idea: I'm torn between the two and cant make up my mind:idea: NSF PS Throttle, lets deal baby!!!!

Baja Big Dog
10-02-2007, 07:38 AM
Definitely Rhino....the prices are dropping like turds after a Mexican meal!!!:D

Hardly Satisfied
10-02-2007, 07:38 AM
no he can't.... he retired from building carts for hire. I do have a SICK 12hp 800amp 48v clubcar, sick paint, stereo, two stereo batteries, rear seat kit all powder coated to match roof supports, interior is pimp, A-arm susp kit, killer wheels and tires, carbonfiber dash kit,polished steering shaft, trick steering wheel, wireless stereo remote on steering wheel, billet pedels, custom mats, headlights & Taillights... id sell for the right price though:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/golf_cart_ride_Nimo_day_001.jpg
top is now painted to match, just need to install.
Toby, You must be getting old. Toby's trick carts has a ring to it.

djunkie
10-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Alright being as I've had a golf cart and now own a Rhino here is my opinion.
If this is gonna be just a campground cruiser than a golf cart will more than likely be your best bet. Shop around though. I would stay away from Premier cause they are rediculous on their prices. If your planning on venturing out on the streets in Havasu, and your campground allows them then get a Rhino for sure. Trust me, golf carts a gutless and slow. My cart had a 23hp motor in it and it still doesn't compare to my Rhino. Not to mention once you get done with all the custom shit you might as well have just got the Rhino to begin with. I don't even want to tell you how much I had into this and how I much I lost when I sold it. :( :(
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40320&stc=1&d=1191357398

Havasu1986
10-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Alright being as I've had a golf cart and now own a Rhino here is my opinion.
If this is gonna be just a campground cruiser than a golf cart will more than likely be your best bet. Shop around though. I would stay away from Premier cause they are rediculous on their prices. If your planning on venturing out on the streets in Havasu, and your campground allows them then get a Rhino for sure. Trust me, golf carts a gutless and slow. My cart had a 23hp motor in it and it still doesn't compare to my Rhino. Not to mention once you get done with all the custom shit you might as well have just got the Rhino to begin with. I don't even want to tell you how much I had into this and how I much I lost when I sold it. :( :(
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40320&stc=1&d=1191357398
What..No Big Bear picture. DJ.:D

djunkie
10-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Here ya go. :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40321&stc=1&d=1191357787
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40322&stc=1&d=1191357787

djunkie
10-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Its all about this now. :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40323&stc=1&d=1191357899

lake p.a.l.
10-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Beware,, used Golf cart sales folk are usually like mule traders.
Can't believe a word they tell ya.[/QUOTE]
Not all people selling new & used carts are like mule traders!!! I think you can talk to few people here on the boards that should tell you differently about me. Just my two cents. By the way, we are a Club Car dealer in Mesa, AZ.

Whipped Caliber
10-02-2007, 01:01 PM
whipped caliber has a nice electric cart for sale i believ in the 3500 range,just seen it today for sale..if you could get it for 3k that would be a steel,plus it already has stereo light etc etc...
SOLD!!!!
Got a new six seater for $7.5k Just got it done:idea:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/531GolfCart.jpg

OutCole'd
10-02-2007, 01:03 PM
SOLD!!!!
Want to build a new one in different colors for that price? Take a 4 seater in trade + $$?:D

Whipped Caliber
10-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Want to build a new one in different colors for that price? Take a 4 seater in trade + $$?:D
When do you need it? May in December will have time. What color blue!!!:rolleyes:

OutCole'd
10-02-2007, 01:08 PM
When do you need it? May in December will have time. What color blue!!!:rolleyes:
Blue, with some Red & Gray, you know. The usual.

Whipped Caliber
10-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Blue, with some Red & Gray, you know. The usual.
We can talk!! Same set-up cage and all?;)

OutCole'd
10-02-2007, 01:12 PM
We can talk!! Same set-up cage and all?;)
Sure, but if the cage can be made for a folding windshield and cloth seats, (I like them cool in the Summer). That's about it.

Whipped Caliber
10-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Sure, but if the cage can be made for a folding windshield and cloth seats, (I like them cool in the Summer). That's about it.
Send in your PO# and deposit and we can start!

OutCole'd
10-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Send in your PO# and deposit and we can start!
:D :D We'll have to talk.;)

lake p.a.l.
10-02-2007, 01:56 PM
SOLD!!!!
That cart looks great!!! What year is it? Gas or electric? Great job.

Whipped Caliber
10-02-2007, 03:49 PM
That cart looks great!!! What year is it? Gas or electric? Great job.
2003' 36 volt with speed chip
and the list go's on

prosthogod
10-02-2007, 03:54 PM
I've got a lifted cart, stereo, four seater, all the stuff for street legal=$4500.00 in havasu.

quadracr
10-02-2007, 04:20 PM
This is a mint condition G1. New lights, new lift, newer batteries. Comes with charger. This is not a beat down, dirty, rust bucket. Frame is still a factory glossy black, no rust anywhere. I have the tinted windshield as well. It currently is titled, but will need registration updated.

Hardly Satisfied
10-02-2007, 05:32 PM
I've got a lifted cart, stereo, four seater, all the stuff for street legal=$4500.00 in havasu.
is it gas and how fast does it go and any pics.

boatnaked
10-02-2007, 06:09 PM
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&ad=1906723&cat=145&lpid=1