PDA

View Full Version : advice

milkmoney
10-01-2007, 01:20 PM
i am looking at late 70s jet boats to purchase one and i was wondering if anybody would like to share their ideas on what hulls not to buy. i grew up with tahiti,sanger, hawaiian. those are the ones i have been leaning towards and of course hallet and those bubbledecks?? thanks for the info...

MADDOG355
10-01-2007, 02:54 PM
It is all in what "YOU" want in a boat. Kinda hard to say don't buy brand X becouse then 30 people with that brand will show up defending it. And what I may not like about a brand you may like.

H20MOFO
10-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Ive Heard Quite A Few People Say They Think Their Modified Tunnells Are The Way To Go(best Of Both Worlds) End Most Everyone I Talk Who Has Had A Pickle(tunnell) Says Once You Ride In One You'll Have To Have One. But Like Mad Dog Said Opinions Are Plentyful. It Look Like I Just Bought A 21 Daytona Project.

milkmoney
10-01-2007, 03:12 PM
i know what i like and what is good and understand everyone has their likes and dislikes so i was wondering if there were any hulls to completely stay away from that is all.. pickle forks seem to be real rocky to me when your at high speeds?? maybe i have it backwords and thanks again

milkmoney
10-01-2007, 03:13 PM
h20 do you have pics on that bubbledeck..???

kcsteck
10-01-2007, 06:42 PM
heres a sweet Tahiti
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/433224695.html
Casey

jetboat
10-02-2007, 04:24 AM
first look for the style you like,then check the hull for any major cracks structural problems.and what i did was,how fast do you want to go!some hulls are a great cove or lake boat up to 75 to 80,then above that tunnels and tx-19 to tx-20.the last is whats your budget?my wife got real tired of always going to the restroom to get me more money! we will have a mid 70's boat when the pump gets rebuilt next year,and remember,theres always going to someone faster than you.maybe there wifes have bigger xxt's.

b's sanger
10-02-2007, 06:40 AM
I agree. Find a hull that you like and shop around. Now is a good time to be looking since xmas is around the corner. I'm sort of biased, SANGER, but to each his own, SANGER. I like the Old School look, SANGER. DID I mention, SANGER... :D

1968Droptop
10-02-2007, 07:14 AM
B might be a little bias :D :D :D. But Sanger is a nice hull, and so are the others you mentioned. The only one's to stay away from are those that have not been taken care of. If you find a hull that fits your budget, and is in good shape, then your there.
And yes you do have it backwards, 'pickle fork' boats are usually way more stable at speed.
P.S. A full stringer boat will always ride and feel much more stable than a quarter stringer boat

Devilman
10-02-2007, 07:17 AM
I agree. Find a hull that you like and shop around. Now is a good time to be looking since xmas is around the corner. I'm sort of biased, SANGER, but to each his own, SANGER. I like the Old School look, SANGER. DID I mention, SANGER... :D
B, I may be going out on a limb here, but I'm gonna take a wild guess & say I bet you have a Sanger. :D

milkmoney
10-02-2007, 02:49 PM
thanks alot for the info i really like the way b's sanger sits in the water and the look of the buble deck and halletts i also would like to have a blown motor (that would be a motor with a blower on it) this boat is intended to be for just goofing around and going fast and maybe race a guy or two. i have a brand new 25' mid cuddy open bow boat for the pleasure and carrying all the crap. etc..i like to get other peoples thoughts being that i researched until my head hurts and in the end just drive myself crazy, due to being anal retentive. thanks again for any input