PDA

View Full Version : Stock Market

INSman
10-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Dow Jones new all time high, you "Shorts" better cover !!! :eek: :D

MBlaster
10-01-2007, 02:33 PM
There is no money to be made in real estate right now.
Money ain't dumb.

HocusPocus
10-01-2007, 02:42 PM
it nice to hear some good news coming out of the market. :D

INSman
10-01-2007, 04:47 PM
it nice to hear some good news coming out of the market. :D
Yup, with Google going up over $15 today and Apple going up almost $3, I could stay home if we had gains like this every day !! :)

SummitKarl
10-01-2007, 04:50 PM
didn't help me a bit Qcom and LSI Logic......still stinking:mad:

INSman
10-01-2007, 04:53 PM
didn't help me a bit Qcom and LSI Logic......still stinking:mad:
Didn't Qcom recently settle their litigation with Broadcomm?? Hopefully they will go up soon, maybe after they report the next strong quarter :confused:

SummitKarl
10-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Didn't Qcom recently settle their litigation with Broadcomm?? Hopefully they will go up soon, maybe after they report the next strong quarter :confused: been in the crapper for 7yrs... why would it change now:confused: it will split and double if I sold out my shares tho..:notam:

INSman
10-01-2007, 05:11 PM
been in the crapper for 7yrs... why would it change now:confused: it will split and double if I sold out my shares tho..:notam:
Maybe so, I remember seeing that stock run up to 800 before a 4 for 1 split back in the day, hasn't been the same since :(

NashvilleBound
10-01-2007, 05:24 PM
There is no money to be made in real estate right now.
Money ain't dumb.
There is always money to be made in RE. Most times its long term and you ALWAYS have to buy right. Maybe your just not looking at the right area..... ( www.stacysparks.com ) I would not have my money in the stock market, with few IPO exceptions, ever. Regardless of what goes on in the economy people will always get sick (Im a partner in medical clinics) and they need a place to live...ie, homes, apartments etc. The stock market is VERY risky...just my .02

2Driver
10-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Garmin lost $12...go figure?

SummitKarl
10-01-2007, 07:25 PM
Maybe so, I remember seeing that stock run up to 800 before a 4 for 1 split back in the day, hasn't been the same since :( yea I got the 4:1 split, should have sold then, but noooooooooooooooooo..:mad: :mad: then watched it drop to $75 and a 2:1 split......5 yrs later and it's still bouncing around $40 a share.........fuchin tech sector:mad: :mad: ...:rolleyes: ... I shouldn't complain it's free money...sitting there waiting for retirement.........someday!! :rolleyes:

INSman
10-01-2007, 08:09 PM
There is always money to be made in RE. Most times its long term and you ALWAYS have to buy right. Maybe your just not looking at the right area..... ( www.stacysparks.com ) I would not have my money in the stock market, with few IPO exceptions, ever. Regardless of what goes on in the economy people will always get sick (Im a partner in medical clinics) and they need a place to live...ie, homes, apartments etc. The stock market is VERY risky...just my .02
MHS is a good stock that you can probably relate to then and a good long term play.

bigq
10-01-2007, 09:45 PM
I like real estate too, but if i recall over say a 30 year period the stock market and even bonds outpaced real estate and i don't think you could convince the people that are going to loose there house the next year or so that real estate is a done deal... :) Public companies need to make all the medicine for the clinics and make the material for the houses for them to live in.;)

NashvilleBound
10-02-2007, 03:52 AM
I got involved with a IPO 3 years ago. $10 a share..... it is "supposed" to be bought out and go public (ML has already aquired it) this coming year.... $1200-1500 a share. Thats all good......but it still doesnt take the sting outta Enron, Abreva and such.... Im still pissed about that.
I must add to my housing thoughts that buying a home OUTRIGHT is what I am talking about. Having a big mortgage is no good....just more stress and issues. You need to be able to pay cash so to speak..... If you have rentals like I do you know that renters leave at the same time your tax bill comes and some repairs.... its never pretty.

voodoomedman
10-02-2007, 05:46 AM
Hey can I just give you 50 grand and you turn it into some real money? Or better yet you can just eat my bank accounts and $hit out gold bullion. :D

Stoneman
10-02-2007, 06:01 AM
Good time to buy, I got some!:)

HocusPocus
10-02-2007, 06:34 AM
there is a reason for that... i just read something on that the other day. stating that what garmin does as a stand alone is just going to end up a feature on some other product that does much more. this happens alot to the tech stuff.