PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on my trailer.

tucson_boat_guy
10-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Well,
I am in a spot and need some help. Last weekend I realized my trailer brakes were not working and Ducky gave me a few things to check
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165405
I found a mess. I bought the new parts but it was cheaper to buy a whole new unit than just the parts.
so, I need to replace the acutator on my trailer for the brakes. I have a choice to either gut the new one and put the new parts in the old one or cut off the old one and weld on the new one. I have a competitive trailer and it is all shaped on the front as you all know.
I am a decent welder but since this is more critical than any other welding I have ever done I thought I might as well ask for help.
I have a welder Miller 175 with a bottle I would just need someone experienced in this sort of thing.
I live in Tucson, unfortunatly not in town, I live in Rancho Sahuarita.
If anyone can help give me a call. I am trying to get to Bartlett this weekend so I need to figure this out pretty quick.
520-275-8766

YeLLowBoaT
10-01-2007, 04:39 PM
I personally would weld( well not myself but a welding shop) some sqaure tube up fron and them bolt the actuator on rather then weld. That way if there is ever a prob latter I just need a wrench to take it off rather then a grinder.

tucson_boat_guy
10-01-2007, 05:20 PM
I was looking at the unit and they even gave me bolts for just that. I think I will just do that.
It may be faster and in the long run easier to replace if it fails again.
Sorry for the double post the board went down and I did not see the first one.
Off to grinding the old on off.
Thanks