PDA

View Full Version : UTV Accident in Havasu

RiverRatMike
10-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Anyone know anything about the Rhino/Ranger/Razor whatever, that happened in Havasu on the North side of town yesterday morning? I heard from a co-worker that it was a hit and run and the UTV burst into flames.

Ms.Havasu
10-01-2007, 05:08 PM
saw some smoke on the north end of town towards the foothills around 9;00 am. was that when it happened.

Kilrtoy
10-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Over heard the sheriffs talking about it, It sounded like a tweeker stole it and then rolled it and it completely burned

RiverRatMike
10-01-2007, 05:10 PM
saw some smoke on the north end of town towards the foothills around 9;00 am. was that when it happened.
yes it happened around 9am Sunday morning

Surmike
10-01-2007, 05:12 PM
There really seems to be alot of these "TWEEKERS" running around Havasu these days!!
If this is the case the local PD is gonna need to double up real soon!!
Starting to not look like such a nice safe little town.

Kilrtoy
10-01-2007, 05:13 PM
There really seems to be alot of these "TWEEKERS" running around Havasu these days!!
If this is the case the local PD is gonna need to double up real soon!!
Starting to not look like such a nice safe little town.
There to busy busting girls in the channel for flashing their boobs to do any real policework

Brewzed
10-01-2007, 05:14 PM
that sucks. They only make a few different keys for those. If you have one, you can find one that it will work on.

lawbreaker2
10-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Heck, and I thought cleveland was bad, sounds like havasu is getting just as bad, I don't think I want to live in a town like that.:mad:

RiverRatMike
10-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Over heard the sheriffs talking about it, It sounded like a tweeker stole it and then rolled it and it completely burned
I'm pretty sure you have your story wrong. I heard a older couple in the UTV got hit by another car and rolled the UTV on it's side then it caught fire. The car that hit them left the scene.

HemiDude
10-01-2007, 07:21 PM
There to busy busting girls in the channel for flashing their boobs to do any real policework
This is so true it's almost not even funny....

H20Advantage
10-01-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm pretty sure you have your story wrong. I heard a older couple in the UTV got hit by another car and rolled the UTV on it's side then it caught fire. The car that hit them left the scene.
I was wondering what all that black smoke was. I was out on the island running the loop with a friend and saw it. Thought a house had caught on fire.

2Driver
10-01-2007, 07:23 PM
It was being run down by the waters edge earlier in the day and got an amoeba in the CDI. :D

wildbillg
10-01-2007, 07:41 PM
It was a friend of mine, he was hit by a jeep or something coming back from the muclouch store where he filled some gas cans, when he was hit it turned him over and gas spilled out all over, a broken arm and something else dislocated, was air evacuated to Vegas with 20% of his body 3rd degree burns.
SO thanks Killer for your "KNOWING" input on the subject...
Lets jump to conclusions on something else.
He will be having skin grafts and rehab for quite a while.
Yes the Ranger was burned to nothing but the frame left.
I will be getting more information tommarow when I talk to his
WIFE, I wish Him a speedy recovery and only hope that he will return to his Family, as the man that is giving and loving of his child, as when he left his house that day on a short jaunt to the store.

wildbillg
10-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Yes He DOES have :devil: the story wrong...........

Riomouse911
10-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Here's to hoping he's OK and the a$$ who ran away gets caught.

XtrmWakeborder
10-01-2007, 07:59 PM
It was a friend of mine, he was hit by a jeep or something coming back from the muclouch store where he filled some gas cans, when he was hit it turned him over and gas spilled out all over, a broken arm and something else dislocated, was air evacuated to Vegas with 20% of his body 3rd degree burns.
WIFE, I wish Him a speedy recovery and only hope that he will return to his Family, as the man that is giving and loving of his child, as when he left his house that day on a short jaunt to the store.
Man, I liked the tweeker story much better...:( I hope ur friend get well soon man.

RiverRatMike
10-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Wildbill, I wish him a very speedy recovery. That is just terrible what happened. As I am a UTV owner also. Please keep us updated. What's the story with the guy that left the scene. Any other descriptions besides just being a jeep?

vmjtc3
10-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Thats horrible! Hope he has a complete recovery. :(

Riomouse911
10-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Here's to hoping all turns out OK for your friend.. and to hoping the a$$ who ran away gets caught.

RVRBUM2
10-01-2007, 08:39 PM
if this is the truth that the person that ran into him bailed if he is found maybe his garage should be checked for a 29ft fountain sounds like the same kind of asshole

Kilrtoy
10-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Let me help you out, I highlighted some critical info you may have missed
Over heard the sheriffs talking about it, It sounded like a tweeker stole it and then rolled it and it completely burned..
now where did I state it to be fact or correct.
relax and get back to what you do best

XTRM22
10-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Over heard the sheriffs talking about it, It sounded like a tweeker stole it and then rolled it and it completely burned..
Miguel, Dude a simple " wow I guess I misunderstood, I hope your buddy is ok" would have really been enough here. I understand that people jump your shit alot on here, but do you have to kick everybody in the nuts?:( Just my opinion
Chuck

WTMFA
10-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong wildbill but I don't think the car that hit your friend ran from the scene. I was there after it happened and it looked to be a black newer cherokee with missouri plates. I was stunned at what was left of his utv. I'm glad he made it out. Give him our best for a speedy recovery!

lalhc
10-01-2007, 10:14 PM
I saw the medic helicopter taking off around 1 pm

EAZYKILLER2006
10-01-2007, 10:32 PM
HI miguel
had fun kicking it with you guys at the turtle this weekend
this was/is terrible!!!
and to think the gas tank/container, was a big factor:( in the accident:eek:
wow, thanks for the heads up on the story
everyone who carries gas, should think twice ( i know we will)
we will keep him in our thoughts and prayers

Baja Big Dog
10-02-2007, 07:08 AM
Man, gettin butt hurt for a "mis-told" story on Hot Boats!!!
Glad it was straightened out (the story).
Some guy told me it was a fricken illegal Mexican on crack on his way back for the paint store, something about paintin a big boat??

wildbillg
10-02-2007, 07:23 AM
Well I just amazes me the amount of chatter that goes on here and most of the time, it is not the truth or so blown out of proportion.
Yes I did not say anything about the kid that hit him, if it were not for him it would have been much worse, since he was the one that first pulled him out and probably saved his life.
Thanks Miguel, I will relax, and thank you for your HEART felt remorse, I seem to forget sometimes that this is DRAMA boat and if its not drama its not true.
This is one of the reasons I do not have 25k post on a board that I have been on for many many years.
Guess Ill just sit back and read more about this ON "hot boat" as the drama unfolds.
So we will just let this one go and I hope nothing like this ever happens to anyone else...

Kilrtoy
10-02-2007, 07:27 AM
Well I just amazes me the amount of chatter that goes on here and most of the time, it is not the truth or so blown out of proportion.
Yes I did not say anything about the kid that hit him, if it were not for him it would have been much worse, since he was the one that first pulled him out and probably saved his life.
Thanks Miguel, I will relax, and thank you for your HEART felt remorse, I seem to forget sometimes that this is DRAMA boat and if its not drama its not true.
This is one of the reasons I do not have 25k post on a board that I have been on for many many years.
Guess Ill just sit back and read more about this ON "hot boat" as the drama unfolds.
So we will just let this one go and I hope nothing like this ever happens to anyone else...
Heart felt remorse for my post. Get over it...
What happened to the gentleman is horrible, you stirring crap up on here is just as bad as the people you are trying to slam....
Do yourself a favor,
STOP BEGGING FOR NUDE PICS OF MY WIFE....

wildbillg
10-02-2007, 07:46 AM
oh god
you are amazing....
the world is a great big place and try to remember one thing, there is more to life then power rings.
The world, yes this world does not revolve around one person.
It takes a lot of people to make everything work, and your right I think I will get back to what I do best.
But as I know........... so you will also..
So I will continue to look at this thread and read .......
As far as stirring goes, Ill leave that to you
Have a great day Miguel.....

Jbb
10-02-2007, 08:02 AM
.....just a thought here.........does begging work?.....:p

Quest4Fun
10-02-2007, 08:10 AM
Here's the article from e-press on this story. Not only did the person who hit the Ranger NOT take-off it sounds like he risked his own life to save the man in the burning Ranger.
ATV Accident Severely Burns
Man In Lake Havasu
LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ - A collision in the 3000 block of McCulloch on Sunday morning caused serious injuries to one man. He was driving an ATV, a Polaris Ranger, on the street (legal in Lake Havasu City.) On board was a gas can with about 5 gallons of fuel. The ATV collided with another vehicle and the Ranger flipped on itsside spilling gas and causing it to burst into flames. Police say the driver was trapped and unable to release the seat belt and free himself from the ATV. Witnesses stated the driver of the second vehicle involved in the incident “risked his own life” to free the trapped victim and move him away from the burning vehicle. The Polaris Ranger was totally destroyed in the accident with a loss estimated at over $11,000. The 16-year old driver of the second vehicle was not injured in the accident. The Lake Havasu Police Department is investigating the accident. The driver of the Polaris Ranger was flown to University Medical Center by Native Air medical helicopter. Authorities say he suffered second and third degree burns to approximately 50% of his body.

USCFAN
10-02-2007, 08:37 AM
Heck, and I thought cleveland was bad, sounds like havasu is getting just as bad, I don't think I want to live in a town like that.:mad:
Cleveland is bad.....

BLOWN HOWARD
10-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Heart felt remorse for my post. Get over it...
What happened to the gentleman is horrible, you stirring crap up on here is just as bad as the people you are trying to slam....
Do yourself a favor,
Typical response from a UCLA FAN. All though the pics are nice of your wife i dont see anybody begging for them.

Havasu_Dreamin
10-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Typical response from a UCLA FAN.
As I do not paint all $c fans with a broad brush please do not paint all of us UCLA fans with the same brush you use to describe Kilr.....

DogMan
10-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Quite a different story than the origional B.S.:rolleyes: The driver of the second vehicle risked his own, and pulled the the injured person out and away from the fire...wow. Hope he recovers OK...sounds bad:(

Riomouse911
10-02-2007, 08:19 PM
I will retract my original post, as it was in response to the initial, but somewhat incorrect, info. A) WB I hope your bud is OK. B) I hope the kid who pulled him out is OK. C) I hope whoever was at fault in the T/C gets a ticket. :)

Throttle
10-02-2007, 08:55 PM
am i reading this right? accident at 9am, helo goes at 1... thats a long time...