PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to beat this to death!!!!

I DIG IT !
10-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Well I'm still thinking of a procharger for the 28 nordic ho. Some people think that the raylar is the best choice over all. I'm just sold on the install and prop swap and your done. I'm only thinking of going 3.5 psi for the stock ho is week inside. The raylay is super cool but your spending $6300 and then you have to pull or take the top end off or take the back seat out. Plus set it all up and buy a prop. The procharger seams like a much easyer and cheaper upgrade for less money over all. I mean we are only talking about 3.5 psi. I already have the xr and a single ram wpm with tabs. Please help me to make the right choice with all the good and bad info you all are so good at giving.
Thanks

stoker22405
10-01-2007, 07:50 PM
I was thinkng of doing the same thing...After some research I decided to sell the 496 and build a new motor....

dunaholic
10-02-2007, 09:54 AM
I have heard from a couple of engine builders that the Raylar has had problems in the past with heads cracking. Any validity to this from people who actually have the kits on their boats?

Kachina26
10-02-2007, 10:14 AM
I have heard from a couple of engine builders that the Raylar has had problems in the past with heads cracking. Any validity to this from people who actually have the kits on their boats?
So far just broken rocker nuts every 8-10 hours.