PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to beat this to death!!!!

I DIG IT !
10-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Well I'm still thinking of a procharger for the 28 nordic ho. Some people think that the raylar is the best choice over all. I'm just sold on the install and prop swap and your done. I'm only thinking of going 3.5 psi for the stock ho is week inside. The raylay is super cool but your spending $6300 and then you have to pull or take the top end off or take the back seat out. Plus set it all up and buy a prop. The procharger seams like a much easyer and cheaper upgrade for less money over all. I mean we are only talking about 3.5 psi. I already have the xr and a single ram wpm with tabs. Please help me to make the right choice with all the good and bad info you all are so good at giving.
Thanks

maxwedge
10-01-2007, 07:32 PM
First of all, I think it's kinda rude to refer to your girlfriend as "The Nordic Ho". :D

I DIG IT !
10-01-2007, 07:35 PM
nice LOL but that would be the wifeee not the grilfriend

Mandelon
10-01-2007, 07:51 PM
What HP do you expect with the Procharger?

Wizard29
10-01-2007, 07:55 PM
nice LOL but that would be the wifeee not the grilfriend
Doesn't mean you can't have a girlfrriend...
I have the ProCharger on my 496HO. It's been running for a couple of seasons now and not one problem with it or caused by it.

HPBoats83
10-01-2007, 08:00 PM
I would personally say Raylar. I have raced a Lavey 2750 with the 525 and it's a bad motor (I know it's not what your doing). They guys behind Raylar Ray and Larry are first class people with customer service second to none. We had a problem with the motor in the race so we called Ray and he came down from his house on a Sunday with his computer and fixed it all for the next heat. I'm not saying customer service is bad from Pro Charger, but it's something to think about. Sometimes you have to just spend a little more money up front and get it done right. I learned that lesson the hard way and since I cheaped out initially I ended up with a Team Hawaiian. Talk about being taught a lesson the hard way.
James

Zimm944
10-01-2007, 08:46 PM
My plan for the winter is dana headers and a raylar kit. It seems to be the safest way to get some more out of the 496.

BadKachina
10-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Well I'm still thinking of a procharger for the 28 nordic ho. Some people think that the raylar is the best choice over all. I'm just sold on the install and prop swap and your done. I'm only thinking of going 3.5 psi for the stock ho is week inside. The raylay is super cool but your spending $6300 and then you have to pull or take the top end off or take the back seat out. Plus set it all up and buy a prop. The procharger seams like a much easyer and cheaper upgrade for less money over all. I mean we are only talking about 3.5 psi. I already have the xr and a single ram wpm with tabs. Please help me to make the right choice with all the good and bad info you all are so good at giving.
Thanks
If you were buying identical boats used, one with a Raylar kit and one with a Procharger which would you feel better about buying?
Five years from now which motor will still be running?
My thoughts on the 496 with cast internals and no way to reprogram the computer are that the Raylar kit will be more reliable and have better resale. If you had an older mag motor and a mefi 3 or 4 I would say go for the blower.
Headers would be an even better place to start IMO. It's power without any detrimental effect on your motor. They will also give you good bang for the buck that will increase what the Raylar or Procharger kit will do for you.