PDA

View Full Version : 25 MPH when kids are present,,,

Trailer Park Casanova
10-02-2007, 07:31 AM
I'm starting to carry one of those eazy to use, quick video cameras with me.
I wanna get this kinda stuff on You Tube:
A nervous lady was tailgating me & honking in the school slow down zone because I hold it at 25. This non-sense began in the drop off lanes at Maynards school.
Kids are darting out from everyplace, J walkers, so I follow the rules.
She then passed me at a high rate of speed, and did a high speed, blind left turn around some construction trucks parked in the median.
She tagged the front wheel of a kid on a bike in the crosswalk, and injured two other children when the bike swung around from the impact.
All the neighbors came out, motorists stopped, we helped the kids and the FD and PD were there in a few short minutes.
The "I'm sorrys" from the driver were getting pathetic.
Today the PD was out in force writing everyone speeding.
They had my viper bitch ex stopped too.
It was all good this morning.

Baja Big Dog
10-02-2007, 07:32 AM
I would have gone "Family Vacation" on the bitch.......

Wet Dream
10-02-2007, 07:39 AM
TPC, did you give your account to the officers about what the lady did leading up to the accident?
If you use one of those cameras, try to mount it to where it can pickup the image from the rearview mirror, and also the forward view.

Quest4Fun
10-02-2007, 07:55 AM
TPC, I also think you should let the authorities know what you saw this woman doing leading up to the accident. She is too wrapped up in her own life to realize she is putting others in jeopardy.
Here in Havasu the speed limit around schools is 15mph. There are signs in the middle of the street advising of such. Most people slow down to the 15 mph, but there are always a few that think the law doesn't pertain to them.

Dan Lorenze
10-02-2007, 08:05 AM
This happens to me all the time.. Seems like there's always a soccer mom on my ass that's in a huge hurry to get around me when I drive to drop my daughter off, again, with kids crossing the street and cars pulling over to drop kids off.. I also have a problem on my street, even though my house is in a gated community that doesn't stop folks from hauling ass down the street.. It's hard to let it go...

Dave C
10-02-2007, 08:08 AM
I hate that shiat. I just moved cuz I got this action near my old house. it sucked.
I usually yell at this fawkers to slow down. I try to do it where other parents are present so everyone turns around to look at them. Usually they have an embarrased look on their face when everyone is looking at them.:devil:

F'n Alley
10-02-2007, 08:16 AM
She is too wrapped up in her own life to realize she is putting others in jeopardy.
I hate to say it out loud, but I think too many women have this problem. I see a lot of women who seem to have their minds on other things...they will drive 50 MPH in a school zone, and then get on the freeway and go 50 MPH. It is not that they are trying to speed, but that they have a default speed when their minds are on other things.
They have been cracking down on people passing school buses with flashing red lights in our neighborhood. I have seen a dozen or more people being ticketed. I have only seen 1 guy, and it was a teenage kid. The rest have been women. The local paper even ran an article on the crack down and showed 6 pictures of motorist being ticketed, all of them women (although they didn't mention the part of women dominating the ticketing). I also remember watching a morning news cast and that hot chick on Channel 5 talking about how bad women drive in the rain and even had the camera guy zoom in on some drivers that were tailgating in the rain...and most were women - and many were on their cell phone.
Without getting into a sexist argument...women: can you put your $0.02 in? Is this an area where the typical stupid and shallow guy is actually at an advantage because we can forget things in the blink of an eye when we get behind the wheel of a car and start making engine sounds with our mouths? :D

hkunz
10-02-2007, 08:30 AM
Would the LEOs accept an amateur video of another driver as evidence? Would it be good enough "quality"? Or are you just thinking of embarrasment on the internet?
I guess part of my question comes to the timing - a video in your car would be good after the fact. Would it help prevent an event such as you had to endure? Could a warning, like the 7-11 "you are being videotaped" be posted that would help?
I'm not trying to shut down your idea, I like it. Is there a way to expand it or make it more effective?

2Driver
10-02-2007, 08:49 AM
You should have been all over the factual story when the cops got there and pressed for an arrest or at least a citation with you as the witness.
Are you telling us she walked off Scott free?
BTW: IT is 15 MPH in AZ

Ziggy
10-02-2007, 08:57 AM
I'll slow to 25 even if the kids are within the schools fences like at recess or lunch.....afterall, the kids are present, just not by the streets.;) :D