PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Selling My Sema Truck????

Uniqueperformancewest
10-02-2007, 09:06 AM
Hey Guys, I have a 2001 F250 with a V10 that we converted into an F650 and its lifted on Coil Overs. The whole thing is basically one off and custom, not that that means much in the resale market but just making it known. Anyways were about ready to put it up forsale now thats its been repainted and Im wondering the opinions of others as to how I should sell it. Should I put the truck up for sale on its own or should I sell it with the matching boat, the matching boat is a $225k boat and will definetly jack the price up but do you think anyone would bite. I'm thinking its probably better off to sell the truck alone, however I have come up with another interesting idea. What if I were to raffle off the boat and truck as a combonation, sell a bunch of raffle tickets for a fare price and someone would get the entire combo you know. Let me know what your opinions are and Ill take your info and figure something out.
Thanks for your help in advance,
John

riverbound
10-02-2007, 09:11 AM
Selling it on its own would probably be the fastest way to move it. Just remembr you wont get out of it, what you put in it. the nice thing is, if it was a SEMA vehicle most fo your stuff was probably compd so the "freebies" the sponsors gave you will add appeal to the sale. :D
<---Has sold quite a few demo/show vehicles in the past.

LAFD
10-02-2007, 09:16 AM
sellin separate would be the quickest to sell the truck. not sure what you selling the truck for but sounds like total package might be close to the 300k range. not alot of people have that kinda money. as riverbound said you never get what you put into it.

Uniqueperformancewest
10-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Ya I know I won't get anything close to what is in it and sadly the comped stuff didn't come til the end and was only little things. Everything for the suspension, body, etc. was out of pocket. Little things like air compressors or train horns those kind of items were comped. I've easily got $125-150k in it so we'll what happens haha, its always sad to move projects like this that cost to much yet are worth nothing haha.
Thanks John

riverbound
10-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Ya I know I won't get anything close to what is in it and sadly the comped stuff didn't come til the end and was only little things. Everything for the suspension, body, etc. was out of pocket. Little things like air compressors or train horns those kind of items were comped. I've easily got $125-150k in it so we'll what happens haha, its always sad to move projects like this that cost to much yet are worth nothing haha.
Thanks John
I think the v-10 will hurt the rsale too :(
My first show truck, I had about $50k in and ultimately sold it for $9k

Uniqueperformancewest
10-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Ya I figure not alot of people have that kind of cash lying around thats why I was thinking the raffle might be wise. If sell raffle tickets for $25 and people could buy as many as they liked and then Ill put up the raffle all over a shitload of sites etc. and they could win it that way. They'll end up getting a fully custom 95mph boat thats been in magazines with more to come and the same with the truck there gonna get a SEMA magazine truck so its a sweet package that they could potentially win for not that much.
Thanks John

ChumpChange
10-02-2007, 09:35 AM
A question about the raffle idea.......has RBP finished their raffle from ten years ago yet?:D

uvindex
10-02-2007, 09:43 AM
What if I were to raffle off the boat and truck as a combonation, sell a bunch of raffle tickets for a fare price and someone would get the entire combo you know. Let me know what your opinions are and Ill take your info and figure something out.Pretty sure that raffles are only legal as charitable deals for non-profit organizations. :) (Assuming you're in CA - otherwise, I'd check local laws before going the raffle route.) Good luck!

SJP
10-02-2007, 09:45 AM
John,
Not sure on actual laws but from what I have researched raffling is pretty regulated. In most cases I believe they are attached to non-profits. That is why you see most commercial raffles are no purchase necessary. Not a lawyer or anything but you may need one to structure the deal in that direction. It would be interesting to see if it could be done this way but I would imagine if it were legal people would be rigging the s__t out of deals(not inferring you would).

Uniqueperformancewest
10-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Ya everything you guys are saying makes sense, maybe Ill try and sell one or the other and a raffle the other one or something we will have to see how it pans out I still have a few things left on the truck and then the magazines are shooting it. The boat I have dropped the price on severly and is a sweet deal so maybe that will move on its own shortly.
Thanks John

LAFD
10-02-2007, 09:53 AM
my buddy is trying to sell is truck that btw did. 04 f250 has a 24 inch lift, edge something like 700 hp and close to 1000 lbs torque bla bla bla. has something like 110k into it. but he would be lucky to get 45k for it.
http://a610.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/23/l_3fead20ed70d65f6366c1c74be0ee6c9.jpg

Uniqueperformancewest
10-02-2007, 10:08 AM
That is a sweet truck, does he want to trade?
Thanks John

Uniqueperformancewest
10-02-2007, 10:14 AM
Does he want to trade for my Black and White F650 thats in the classifieds, not for my SEMA truck.
Thanks John

LAFD
10-02-2007, 10:15 AM
That is a sweet truck, does he want to trade?
Thanks John
think he just want to sell and build another. it is a badass truck sounds like an f16. has a bigger turbo and i think an open 4 or 5 inch exhaust that dumps by the trans.

slowneasy
10-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Sell 10,000 tickets at $30!!!!!!!!!!

AZJD
10-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Hey Guys, I have a 2001 F250 with a V10 that we converted into an F650 and its lifted on Coil Overs. The whole thing is basically one off and custom, not that that means much in the resale market but just making it known. Anyways were about ready to put it up forsale now thats its been repainted and Im wondering the opinions of others as to how I should sell it. Should I put the truck up for sale on its own or should I sell it with the matching boat, the matching boat is a $225k boat and will definetly jack the price up but do you think anyone would bite. I'm thinking its probably better off to sell the truck alone, however I have come up with another interesting idea. What if I were to raffle off the boat and truck as a combonation, sell a bunch of raffle tickets for a fare price and someone would get the entire combo you know. Let me know what your opinions are and Ill take your info and figure something out.
Thanks for your help in advance,
John
Pics?

superdave013
10-02-2007, 10:43 AM
are you talking about that big monster that I made the brake hoses for?

Uniqueperformancewest
10-02-2007, 10:45 AM
That truck looks awesome, would be sweet to drive around and probably rides real nice too. Well see if he wants his next project to be an F650 if he builds stuff like that then Im sure he could do some kick ass stuff to an F650 haha. Well if I can sell my real F650 then Id love to purchase that vehicle.
Thanks John

Uniqueperformancewest
10-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Yes sir Superdave, finally trying to get rid of that beast.
Thanks John

AZJD
10-02-2007, 10:48 AM
That truck looks awesome, would be sweet to drive around and probably rides real nice too. Well see if he wants his next project to be an F650 if he builds stuff like that then Im sure he could do some kick ass stuff to an F650 haha. Well if I can sell my real F650 then Id love to purchase that vehicle.
Thanks John
Nice damn rig............:D

superdave013
10-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Oh, congrats on the new shop.

Uniqueperformancewest
10-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks Dave, yep were over here in anaheim hills trucking along.
Thanks John